Remembered Acceptance: A Sequel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked at Barry and nodded my head. He took my cue and led her back to their seats. I turned back to Jackson.

"Just so you know, fuckwad," I said. "I'll be keeping an eye on you from now on. If I ever hear of you going back to your old ways, I'll hunt your ass down and finish what I started here today. You understand me?" He looked at me for a moment before nodding his head.

"I... understand," he said through his pain.

"Clean him up and get him outta here," Abe told the man with Jackson. The man nodded his head and helped Jackson to his feet. Once they were out of sight, I left the ring and walked to my seat where I picked up my folder. I motioned to the process server, who immediately approached Julie with a manila folder.

"Julie Carlisle?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. He handed her the envelope.

"You've been served," he said. Tears fell down her face as she opened the envelope and pulled out the divorce papers.

"Even after this, you're still divorcing me?" she asked.

"I am a man of my word," I told her. "I told you this would happen. I followed the prenup that you and I both signed, but I did make one exception." I handed her the bank draft for $220,000 that was in my folder -- $10,000 for each year of our 22-year marriage.

"What's this for?" she asked.

"You did give me 22 years of happiness," I said. "I felt I owed you something for that. Use it wisely." She broke down sobbing as Barry approached me.

"Thank you for that, Tom," he said. "Her mother and I will watch out for her. Stay in touch, please." He helped her on her feet and started to lead her away, but she turned back to me one last time.

"I'm so sorry, Tom," she cried.

"Yeah, me too," I told her. She sat back down, opened her purse and pulled out a pen. To my surprise, she signed the papers on the spot and handed them back to the process server.

"Do the kids know?" she asked me.

"They know about the divorce. I didn't go into specifics, but I think they figured it out. You're still their mother, after all," I said.

"Thank you, Tom," she said. "I never meant to hurt you."

"Well, you did hurt me. More than you can imagine," I said. She nodded her head.

"Goodbye, Tom," she said as tears fell down her face.

"Goodbye," I said. I watched Barry lead her away and turned to Abe.

"Well, you won," he said.

"Yeah. So why do I feel like shit?" I asked.

"The pain will go away, in time," he said. "Look on the bright side, though. You got your balls back and no one died."

"I suppose there is that," I said. "Thank you for your help, and your friendship, Abe."

"My pleasure," he said with a big smile. "C'mon, let's get you cleaned up."

...

Epilogue -- 48 months later:

The divorce sailed through the court system, thanks to Robyn's efforts. Six months after that Saturday night, I received the final decree letting me know I was a free man.

Yes, I had won the battle, but it felt like a Pyrrhic victory to me. I had gotten my manhood back, but was left lonely and brokenhearted. I buried myself in my work to keep from feeling the pain. Dad became concerned and suggested I see a counselor, which I did.

The counseling helped, but I still felt empty inside. I dated some, but had serious trust issues. As a result, I never got very far with any of the women I went out with.

Jackson turned himself in to the authorities and was eventually brought to trial. It seems he had defrauded quite a few people over the years and it all finally caught up to him. He was ultimately sentenced to 15 years in the state penitentiary and ordered to pay restitution to the people whose lives and marriages he destroyed.

I kept in touch with Barry, who informed me that Julie had used the money I gave her to finish her college education. She had to take some courses over again, but dedicated herself to her studies -- even taking night and summer classes to graduate as early as possible.

Her parents let her stay with them while she attended school so she could focus on her education. From what Barry told me, she began seeing a counselor, never dated during that time and always held out hope that we could get back together. Personally, I didn't see that happening.

She eventually admitted to our two children what she had done. They weren't very happy with her at all, but ultimately forgave her.

Two and a half years after the night she was served, she graduated from college with honors and received her teaching certificate. I was at her graduation and felt pride at her accomplishment. I slipped out of the auditorium before she realized I was there. She was hired at the same middle school our children attended.

I was sitting at the table one morning reading my paper over a cup of coffee when I saw the article. It seems that she was about to be honored as the "Teacher of the Year" at the middle school, and the district was going to honor her at their annual meeting, which would be open to the public. After thinking about it, I decided to attend and show my support.

I met her parents at the venue and they were very pleased to see me there. I sat with them, and watched the proceedings. I felt pride when the Superintendent of Schools read the citation and presented her with the award.

When she accepted, I was the first one on my feet, applauding her. She looked up, saw me and broke out in a huge smile. Her entire face lit up. We met her in the back after the ceremony and I was surprised when she gave me a big hug.

"It's so good to see you again, Tom," she said. "Thank you for coming out."

"You're welcome," I said. "I just wanted to show my support and let you know that I'm very proud of you."

"That means so much to me," she said.

"Listen, Julie, your mother and I are feeling a bit tired, so why don't you kids go on to dinner without us," Barry said, giving her a wink.

"Are you sure, Dad?" she asked. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine, just not as young as spring chickens any more. Isn't that right, Alice?" he asked, looking at Julie's mother, who caught on to Barry's hint.

"That's right, dear," she told Julie. "You'll understand when you get to be our age. You kids go on, have some fun for a change."

"Well, alright, if you guys are okay with that," Julie said. She looked at me. "Would you mind taking me out to the Texas Roadhouse? I rode here with Mom and Dad."

"I wouldn't mind at all," I told her. "Been quite a while since I had a beautiful woman in my car." We said our goodbyes, and Barry gave me a knowing smile as they left. I felt like I had been set up, but that was okay. I escorted Julie to my new car, which I had just bought a few months earlier, and opened the door for her.

"Is this a new car, Tom?" she asked after I got inside.

"Yeah, I traded in my old one a few months back," I said.

"It's very nice," she said.

"Thank you," I told her as I started it up. We went to the Texas Roadhouse and ordered a steak with all the trimmings.

"You're looking good, Julie," I said. "And I want to say that I'm very proud of what you've accomplished."

"Thank you," she said. "And you're looking good as well. Are you still working out at the gym?"

"I am," I said. "Just not as much as I used to."

"I've missed you so much these last four years," she said quietly. "I still can't believe it's been four years since, well, you know."

"Yeah, I know," I said. "I've missed you as well. The house seems too quiet these days."

"You're still in the old house?" she asked.

"I am. I've done some remodeling, though. New paint, roof, flooring. Remodeled the kitchen and the bathrooms. Finally put up that deck you always wanted. Place could use a woman's touch, though," I said. "Right now, it's a huge man-cave."

"I can imagine," she said with a laugh. "I remember how much you wanted a man-cave."

"So, how's everything in your life?" I asked. "Anyone special?"

"No," she said sadly. "In fact, all of my time these days is spent working. Even when I get home, I spend a lot of time grading papers. I've been helping Mom and Dad a bit lately. They're starting to slow down some. But no, there hasn't been anyone since the divorce. How about you? I figured you'd have half the women in town breaking your door down by now."

"Hasn't worked out that way," I said. "I've dated a few times, but that's it." She nodded her head.

"I know what you mean," she said. "Kinda hard after you've been with someone for over 20 years." I saw a tear form in her eye.

"You're right about that," I said. "We've been a couple since we were teenagers. Pretty hard to put all that behind."

"And now we're getting ready to be grandparents," she said. Our oldest had gotten married and they were expecting a child in a few months.

"Where has the time gone?" I asked rhetorically.

"I don't know," she said. "You know, Tom, I've never stopped loving you," she added after a few moments of silence.

"And I've never stopped loving you," I told her, which was the truth.

"I was so stupid back then. Thing is, I'm not mad at you for divorcing me. I think it was the wake-up call I needed to get my head out of my ass," she said. "Can you ever forgive me?"

"I forgave you a couple years ago," I said.

"Is that why you came to my graduation?" she asked. I smiled at that. "Yes, I saw you there. I had hoped you would've come to congratulate me. I was hurt when you didn't."

"I'm sorry. I thought I had left before you spotted me," I said.

"Nope," she said. We finished our meals and I paid the bill.

"Well, I guess I'd better get you back home before you turn into a pumpkin," I said, noticing the time.

"Actually, I was kinda wondering if you wouldn't mind showing me the house," she said. "I'd love to see what you've done with the place."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely. I don't work on Saturday, so I've got no papers to grade."

"Well, alright," I said. I walked her to the car and we headed back to my house. I escorted her inside and watched as she looked around.

"I really like what you've done here, but you're right. It does need a woman's touch," she said. I watched her look around and she stopped at a corner table. She picked up a photo I had put there and looked at it, tears in her eyes.

"I remember this," she said. "It was one of the happiest times of my life." It was a photo of the two of us with our young children during a vacation to Hawaii.

"Mine, too," I said. She put the picture down, turned and wrapped her arms around me, giving me the hottest kiss I had experienced since that fateful day four years ago.

"Please, Tom, take me to bed. Make love to me. I've missed you so very, very much and I really need you," she begged. My heart melted and I picked her up and carried her to the master bedroom.

"Oh my," she said when I set her down. "You have been working out, haven't you?"

"Yeah," I said as I began to undress. Soon, our clothes were off and we fell onto the bed, holding each other tight. Our first coupling was frantic, but enjoyable. After I exploded inside her, we held each other tight and made love, slowly, exploring each other's bodies.

"I needed this so much," she said as I held her in my arms.

"I did too," I said. "You sure you don't need to get home tonight?"

"I am home," she said, kissing me softly. "That is, if that's alright with you."

"Let's take it one day at a time," I said.

"Fair enough," she said.

"And for the record, I do not, and absolutely will not, share," I said. She smiled and kissed me deeply.

"Good," she said. "Neither do I." We fell asleep wrapped around each other in my new king-sized bed. And for the record, yes, she's still as good as she was when we were 19.

...

Fade to black...