All Comments on 'Reminders'

by AvgWhiteMan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very nice!

Hope you continue this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ch 2

Need a Ch 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A good start

On a story of father daughter love. I hope they have many desendants.

momshardymomshardyover 13 years ago
captivating

rejuvenating to any papa in a similar state

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
3 months?

Where did you come up with 3 months as a mourning period? It usually takes a normal person a year to go through the different stages of mourning. Many take longer.

AvgWhiteManAvgWhiteManover 13 years agoAuthor
Okay, I'll bite...

You'll have to pardon me for not wanting to be a part of the Age of Hyper-realism, I guess. I'm not an anthropologist, nor am I an expert on mourning periods around the world. I sat down to write and 'three months' just poured forth from my fingertips onto the keyboard.

Now, having said all that...

Did you really miss that this was an official -- i.e., cultural, religious, etc. -- mourning period and not the emotional, personal mourning period that all humans suffer through, the one that surely does go on even after the "official" mourning period has been completed? I suppose you did....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
bitter much?

It was an honest critique but obviously you cant handle anything but teenagers telling you how awesome it is and how many times they came.

AvgWhiteManAvgWhiteManover 13 years agoAuthor
Glad you're back... and I mean that

I'm not sure where you detected any bitterness. I think my response was fair. You chose to focus on a detail that I found irrelevant to the value of the story. You're certainly free to do that, but I'm just as free to respond in a way that I think is warranted.

You accuse me of wanting to accept only the positive comments, and again, you're free to think that if you like. Just as I'm free to wonder if you are used to other writers only agreeing with your critiques rather than responding with their honest reactions.

I'm not bitter, nor am I looking for a snarky back-and-forth. Genuine criticism is fine, accepted, and even welcomed; no writer is foolish enough to believe that every word he writes is golden. And if you really are a reader who focuses on the minute details and demands hyper-realism, then fair enough; you like what you like. But I'd prefer a more detailed, thought-out explanation of your assessment rather than some Internet-era barb like 'Bitter much?' I'm sure you can do better than that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAvgWhiteMan@AvgWhiteMan
Just a guy doing what guys do, whatever that is, wherever guys do it.