All Comments on 'Requital'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 6)
BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 6 years ago
A great story

A truly great story. Thank you so much, there is so much mediocre crap on here with authors who have no clue about the English language, this was a real treat. There is some real talent on display here I hope the readers appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Painful reading

This was a well-written story but there is only so much self-righteous, macho posturing and total lack of introspection that I can take before I start skipping through the paragraphs in the hope that the writer will eventually move on with the plot.

I am also one of those simple souls who needs to feel some semblance of empathy with at least one of the main characters to feel involved and actually care about what happens. Sadly, both Steve and Barbara were both self absorbed, petty minded idiots who no one else in their right mind would want anything to do with.

LA

notredame43notredame43almost 6 years ago
decent story

but no he had no reason to take her back. The whole family including nony played him(in her case dirty as hell with involving his job) in the real world this guy could walk in and sue for that and win. They have no business in his private life like that, the wife is a narcisstic head case, the parents pathetic enablers, the sister is a fucked up young lady. He should have walked away, told his bosses fire me if you wish or gimme a severance package and maybe I wont sue you into oblivion and walk away. I'm all for working it out when there is a good reason and a bit of contrition/suffering on the cheaters part(man or woman) but no I disagree totally with the authors conclusion. That said its his story to do as he wishes.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Steve was wondering if his hotheadedness would cost Barbara a lucrative job." - Why? Jonas is OBVIOUSLY on Steve's side.

Breaking down the door - Don't interior doors have easily picked locks so that children can't lock themselves in?

Re: The bank accounts. I completely support him having his own, but why not keep the joint account for household expenses, with each putting in an equal or fair share?

"I didn't want to have sex with him." - It didn't look like he was raping you! If you didn't want to, you could have gotten out of the car.

He should tell her parents about Jimmie and the Christmas Party!

"Rafe was too nice a guy" - "Nice" guys don't seduce married women, ESPECIALLY when they're married themselves!

"She didn't like it worth a damn," - So, Barb wants to "make it up to him," but is pissed off that Rafe doesn't want anything to do with her.

He "needs" a wife for the new job? Then let him get a divorce so that he can get a GOOD wife! I push comes to shove, put the divorce on hold until he gets the job, then kick it back into gear. If they then try to demote him, he's got a HUGE case against them!

It's :wonderful" that she realizes NOW that she was wrong with Chad and Jimmie, but that doesn't remove the hurt and disrespect.

She has a miscarriage; doesn't tell her family; doesn't call him, giving him a chance to come home; doesn't even tell him AFTER he's home, choosing instead to turn to another man for comfort.

"I did all that in high school" - When you were in high school you weren't MARRIED! Why does she need this spelled out to her?

"He can't see how you could possibly love him and do what you've done to him." - It's not just the DOING, which was bad enough, but the LYING!

"I thought he'd never know about it." - How could he not know about what you were doing with Jimmie at the Christmas Party? Hell, you got mad at HIM.

"A wife is not supposed to put a man through constant cycles of comparison and choosing." - i.e. Despite what many cheating wives say when caught, a husband shouldn't have to fight for his wife and/or marriage.

For me the big thing isn't Rafe or Chad, but the TOTAL disrespect she showed towards him with Jimmie, even chastising STEVE when they got home, not to mention concealing the miscarriage.

I'm sorry, I will NEVER accept the "compliments don't mean as much coming from the husband," line. It puts the husband in a Catch-22: If he DOES compliment her, it doesn't mean much because he's her husband and HAS to say those things, so she seeks outside affirmation leading to an affair. If he DOESN'T compliment her, he's an unfeeling clod, so she seeks outside affirmation leading to an affair!

"thirty to forty percent of women who have an affair do it because of self-esteem reasons," - Oh, you mean those "fragile female egos?"

Maybe she'll know how he feels if he DOES leave her.

SHE suffers from a lack of self-esteem? How does she think that Steve feels?

Oh, no, we're NOT going to compare a young guy unconsciously running a red light with a married, hopefully mature, woman cheating on her marriage.

Okay, I guess I can live with the earned reconciliation, but I'M STILL troubled by the lack of respect shown with Jimmie at the Christmas Party and not sharing the miscarriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Eighteen

Eighteen pages of crap about a slut and a spineless husband that could have been told in two pages maximum.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
liberal bidet

The story basically says you can earn your way out of the debt created by cheating. If your name is Paul and had a vision on your way to Damascus I'd believe you, but otherwise no.

His revenge just made the debt worse, but whatever. The words "dead" or an action leading to dead followed by "marriage" are not simply flippant hyperbole. They rightly effectively equate cheating and killing a marriage, and the marriage as a thing killed. Unless you're Paul, nobody's coming out of their graves, and if the family of the person murdered forgives, and you stand in the murdered's place, the debt is still there. It cannot be erased. They will hurt for years.

Now, if you decide to take a loss and forgive plus reconcile, that's all good and well, but the story pissed me off by how he willingly let's himself get progressively steamrolled by women, and just goes with it. I disagree with the story never mentioning how one side has to suck it up to reconcile, and that it's not fair, there's nothing that can be done about that but to forgive an act worthy of...bad things. Even the story somewhat explicitly agrees, where grandma said Jimmy would have been shot dead like a cheat at a poker table back in the day. Her insistence it wasn't a big deal would have given most people with sense the gist that it's over. Aaasrgh, there's a lot wrong, and he went to a compounding pharmacy and had the bullshit turned into suppositories and shoved them up his ass.

In the story she refuses to admit too why she did it. Well, the answer is simply because she could. Did it not happen like that? She got forgiven for screwing around so much, he probably will hardly care next time it happens.

I remember the story with them parting unreconciled, but based on comments, I probably remember it that way because I had stopped reading near the end.

weathermanksweathermanksalmost 6 years ago
What A Relief!

I may have reviewed this before, but just read it again....what a gut wrencher!!!! I was getting really tense wondering where this was going to end up, and thankfully you had a great ending, and much needed ending. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved 90% of it.

Steve's relationship with the sister was not a good thing. Otherwise an excellent story.

As someone else suggested, a back story on Nony would be great.

A lively and engaging women. Yes her life must be filled with. Interesting stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wrong on his!

Non medical authors should stay away from disease and the treatment thereof.

The vast majority of STDS can be treated effectively with non-penicillin type antibiotics, antifungals, and anti yeast medications. Penicillin is NOT used to treat HIV infection, and excellent prophylactic medications are available right after suspected exposure to lessen the possibility of infection.

Otherwise, an interesting story, but I doubt one alpha man in a hundred would ever speak to his wife again after pushing the T-bird into the lake.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Wowee

That was one long Story! ..Speaking for Myself...I don't know how you found things to cover in the Story?.... As I am not an Author (I intend to remedy that soon) I would have condensed it to 8 pages?... So before you castigate Me Understand I am a typical Male (I want to cut through the Chase and get to the arrest) OR" forget the Wine and Dine and lets just Fuck"...Yep that'll do it! ★★★★★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Arrrrrrrggggg!!!!

This story gave me headache. 😤😩

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
I

have to agree with NotreDame43.

He needs a new job and a wife isn't shallow, selfish and pathetic. No way you want that bitch raising your kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Talk

Talk about long,if made into a movie it would be six hours of over the top crap long.He should never have taken her back and the story could have been told in four or five pages without losing anything.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
great story 5*

i did want him to shit or get off the pot, no wonder she cheated on him, he was a pretty lame whiny prick (do they really let people like that carry guns in america?)

lydia was fantastic, i reckon her late husband died a really happy man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
steve not being sensitive to his barb's feelings

It was a great story, Steve was not sensitive to Barb's feelings. It take a lot of work to maintain a good marriage. Steve got so engrossed with his studies and his work to realize Barb was feeling insecure and felt she was alone too much when she needed a shoulder to cry on or vent her feelings. It was obvious that she was somewhat immature during the first 6 yrs of their marriage and Steve did not see it because he was not paying attention to Barb's needs and she was not getting support from her own mother or dad or even her grandmother Lydia.

I know it is hard in my own case I married a woman who was only 19 yrs old and we moved from away from her parents and mine too, so we did not have that support system close by. I was working around 12 hr days and she was pregnant, but I tried to keep in touch with her

in case as much as possible in case she needed me. She found a couple of lady friends that she could confide in when she needed support and those ladies are still good friends even today.

Steven should have picked up on her problem if he was tuned in to her needs instead of ignoring them and that probably would have saved him all the grief he in-countered by her getting sucked in by two men which fortunately Steve nipped that situation with Jimmy, but she could not see it at the time. Barb should have informed Steve about miscarriage as soon as it happened as well as her support system her mom and dad instead of trying to deal with it on here own and that probably would have prevented her to start an affair with Rafe, The good thing Steve realized something was not right when he remembered about pictures he had seen in the paper and start his PI investigation and finally caught her in the act sexual misconduct by ramming his truck to Rafe's car and pushing it into the river and recording it on video. Steve still should have realized much sooner than he did, it could have saved him a lot of heart ache before it began.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worse Than a Soap Opera!

Good Lord! This just goes on and on and on! I just wanted to put a bullet in MY head.

Get yourself a decent editor and cut this piece of crap down to 6 pages, max!!

This whole quack is nothing more than satisfying a man's "honor" - in the strictest, 18th century interpretation. And nothing satisfies that honor except a blood sacrifice offering. So either have your stupid sword fight or pistol duel or slink away and let people live their own lives.

Frankly, she's nothing more than an ignorant, spoilt brat; he's an ignorant, narcissist control-freak. Two of the least appealing, nobody-gives-a-shit type characters. I couldn't even get past the half-way point of this drivel.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
3.3

Yes, the Mother Ship came and replaced Steve.

Wife was shallow at best. And two-thirds the way thru the hubby did an emotional flip.

Wasn't a bad tale. Just the end is unhitched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
1/5

I've come to this site to jerk off well and this story was in the HALL OF FAME of the website! And what I've got? You are just reading it and thinking "Now, now, this boring part is going to end and something great and hot will release!" But no. This is just a whole pointless fucking drama-book of a fucking graphomaniac with a few erotic scenes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
we dont all want to just wank

the story was good and handled well

sometimes it takes being put thru hell to realize that the one u really love can be heaven

keep up the work

JackallsJackallsover 5 years ago
Hmm, too long

Way too long a story. Too many repetitions. A 5 pager would have done the job as well. This is just a diarreah of text.

weathermanksweathermanksover 5 years ago
Third time reading, maybe fourth

One of the best story's on Literotica! Thank you.

weathermanksweathermanksover 5 years ago
TEN STARS!!!

I wish I could rate it ten stars, because that's what it deserves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good. Story

Not my t

Read and not my last

They had me going for a while!e but everything worked out in the end! 5 stars plus. cowboycc@yahoo.com. ,/. Ronnie

JRandyJJRandyJover 5 years ago
Great Story 5 Star

Everyone should have a Grandmother like Lydia.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Excellent job

RAAC done right!

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
no thank you

all the psycho babble bs she fucked around, is an immature attention whore, a cheating cunt and a self centered ass who hid a major catastrophe the loss of a child, and then tries to say sorry, The business with the job, nah they'd be sued for that one and they would lose. up till that point I liked Lydia, she was awesome. after that she became a smart but manipulative bitch. Too long as well this could've beem shorter by far. Sorry longhorn 2 stars and that's for Lydia.. she was mostly awesome.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Best read

This has been one of the best stories I've read recently. Some of it was obvious like Lydia's involvement, but after Barbara could see how she had been wrong and was genuinely sorry I began routing for the to get back togeather. They both had messed up in the end but it all turned around.

My only gripe it the epilogues ending I would of liked to have had more to read after she told him she was pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Decent

A decent story but could have been told in a lot less pages.

buckshot46buckshot46over 5 years ago
Different - BUT Very Very Good

Thoroughly enjoyed a different take on betrayal and honesty. While the ending was expected, the length of the story was as needed.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
18 pages

I thought the story was a tad long. I almost quit reading it after page 4. Kept reading the story page after page. Finally the story is done and I have no regrets. Not a 5 but not a 4 1 2 either. So a 5 it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You need to fine a legetimate editor and proof reader.

Trim the fat on the pages; this is not a screen play. No one would want to spend money to view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Too Long!

Too much with the counseling and head games! I found myself getting bored at several points during the story. ~ After Barbara's behavior/attitude with the boss's nephew,showing up her husband followed by publicly stepping out on him to the point where,if he hadn't found out and stopped the ultimate nasties,the bitch would have certainly cheated. Too long a disrespecting,unloving twat for counseling to help. (Screw the promotion if it meant having to accept that shit!) ~ 8 pages would have been too long,but 18 pages is insane! By about page 12 I was just hoping a fatal traffic accident would put US out of their/our misery!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Reconciliation after heartbreak takes time. The length of the story reflects that. I enjoyed it. Than you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Should have ended earlier

This would have been a good story if it had ended at page 4 or 5. Instead, it goes on and on and on. 13 more boring pages only to justify a reconciliation. 1*

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 5 years ago
Longhorn and characters...

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Im confused

if his job made him stay married to the cheating whore does that mean he get to at least fuck all the other board members wives too?

And what a naccissitic bitch of a wife - I'm convinced there is a missing scene detailing his brain washing, even in counselling it was all about her wants and her needs, never once did anyone ever care about what he might have wanted or needed

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well Written, But

I think this is a five star story in terms of the construction, character delopment and pacing. I didn’t particularly like Barbara or Steve’s character as they were developed. I also thought the reconciliation was terrible. Barbara was caught, then lied for more than a few months before finally, FINALLY fessing up. The fact that it was her third strike in terms of infidelity (and I include the Jimmie-boy disrespect incident as infidelity) leads one to believe that Steve is a weak-willed individual.

In addition to not liking Barbara, I thought that Steve screwing Kim made him a pretty ugly person too.

The characters belong to Longhorn’s imagination, so he can do with them as he pleases. I didn’t like the characters and I didn’t like the ending, but, as I said, I appreciate the pacing and character development the story has.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Recon

WAs a bit hard to believe he was to far down the path of never trust and rightfully so.

She acted periodically verifiably distrustful since he first knew her.

Even after he separated she was still trying to contact her boyfriend.

After that there was a lot of character repair ,but her ignorance just made it all seem like not enough.

He had decided his marriage was over and was depressed to the point of suicide so I don't condemn him to deeply he was literally at the end of his rope where you really do do things you normally would not.

Still there was some good prose

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Just read it again

To do this to your own lead character I'm thinking the author spent a lot of time frying ants with a magnifying glass and pulling the wings off flying insects as a child. Very well written though. Very talented author.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Great story

A perfect illustration to the very number 1 cause of divorce...lack of communication. Which incidentally is the number 1 cause of infidelity as well. Well written. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

She caused the whole problem showing him disrespect at the party at the beginning of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
All of that

For a wimpy fucking cuckold story. Your on the shit list, pardner!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Nine Months

Okay, it's been about nine months, and I STILL can't get over not just her disrespect at the Christmas party, buy her anger at HIM!

Oh, and Lydia's obvious interference with his job. Even if it worked out for the best, it still wasn't right!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Infidelity and forgiveness

Logins forgetful johntwheels@aol story was long but I don't know where you are going to cut more than page without losing emotional rollercoaster ride that cheating and infidelity causes Good Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Long but Interesting

This was a good story but the main issue was never resolved and I kept expecting the wife to cheat again because she always played the victim and never tried to see the husband's side.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 5 years ago
Love your story!

Thanks for the great tale. Thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Comments

This story just came up o the recent comments page so I spun through the comments, saw my irritation at the Christmas party contretemps with Jimmy, and looked back at the beginning, and saw this:

"I hope you won't judge all the Reynolds by one insolent pup," Jonas said. "Barbara is a valuable member of our team and we'd hate to lose her because of an…indiscretion on Jimmie's part,"

So, the big boss is putting down his own nephew, was gentle in calling his rude behavior an "indiscretion," goes so far as to say that he won't be around long. and Barbara comes down on Steve?!

He was right to stand up to her, and it would have made for a much shorter story, but he should have made an appointment with Jonas, if necessary drag her along, and let Jonas tell her who the embarrassment at the table was!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This story shows some serious writing skills

You did a good job of driving a complex plot forward in a long narrative, which isn't easy. You developed some real characters, which is rare in LW. Yes, some copy-editing and tightening would help, but everyone here is an amateur, and no one has professional editors. The "counselor" schtick is way overdone in LW stories, and it's really nothing but a plot crutch. But, in this case, you gave Verne flashes of character that relieved the tedium of yet another exercise in telling a story through the bogus auspices of a "counselor" and "counseling". Leaving these small complaints aside, this was a tale well told and deserves more than a 5.

leatherfreak77leatherfreak77almost 5 years ago

God I want a gran like Nony, she sounds like the coolest gran ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
UGH!

The premise of the story was good but it rambled!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Het anom 4/27/19

I wish I could have written what you wrote. You wrote a great review of a great story. Right on! I like the way you tell your stories, Longhorn.

detroitdave

cordialddcordialddalmost 5 years ago
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

Probably the fifth time I've read this though it's been a couple years since the last. In many ways a landmark story for this site. The scenes are remarkable; from the growing anger of Jimmy inserting himself at the party table, the utter devastation in the room as Barbara's parents learn of Kimberly's descent, the calculated barbarity of pushing Rafe's car into the creek--each scene is amazingly believable and felt. Barbara's fear for Steve's "terminal" illness is top-drawer: across many stories in Literotica it's all but impossible to portray a straying wife's self-sacrifice without it appearing as a clumsy crutch in the story yet it made complete sense here. Requital remains one of the four or five stories that I'd recommend anyone read even though it's here on a "porn" site...once again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Cordialdd and the 4 other stories?

...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good But Too Long

Well-developed,interesting characters made me hang on to the end but it sometimes got tedious wading through all the psychological stuff with the counseling. ~ Barb's disrespectful,dismissive treatment of her husband early on in the story should have led hubby to bring things to a boil and let her know divorce was in the air if she didn't get her act together.And DID she actually have sex with Jimmie and/or Rafe? It wasn't clear,even though "cheating" was used a number of times to define her behavior. (If either or both had been hiding the salami I think hubby would pull the plug on the marriage,all things considered. Nony was an endearing character although she seemed to have been given the mystical powers of a shaman in this story. The whole story-line involving slut sister Kim just provided a little sensationalism while sending the story off on a distracting tangent. ~ This well-developed,well-written story had parts of brilliance,parts of meaningful progress,interesting characters BUT,it rambled away from the core several times and asked its readers to accept character traits,behaviors,and interactions that a little hard to accept without developing a bit of negative view of their own character. ~ I disagree with the many whose comments make this story seem like it's got the potential to be the next great American novel. It's good but it has holes in motive for behavior by characters,goes off on a couple of distracting tangents,and takes far too long to get to the conclusion. ~ 4 ~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wasted Words!

You spent all that time and imagination and energy and all you produced was another pitiful RAAC story. What a waste!

Iamcurious999Iamcurious999almost 5 years ago
That was Some Tale *****!

That was quite a story...

Love that grandmother! She was as sharp as a samurai sword!

Everybody should have a "Nony" in their lives. I think that it would be a better world for everybody.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
So

everyone loves Nony. I thought Nony was a manipulative cunt and her personality was just one of her tools. With Nony and "princess can do no wrong" parents, no wonder wife's too stupid to reproduce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Story

Nony, the grandmother was a champion! In fact, she was more practically effective than the counselor. She woke Barb up to the fact that her behaviour was totally unacceptable in a wife and showed her a path towards redemption. The story developed along unpredictable lines and the introduction of Kim was essential to the plot, although criticized by some commentators. It was the turning point. Interesting RAAC, though at first it would appear Barb had such contempt for Steve, that a change of heart seemed unlikely Good story. 5****s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
People Frequently Don't Make The Best Choices

"…why she rationalized away increasingly inappropriate, absolutely wrong contacts with him…why she kept modifying her values to excuse herself…" This folks is the exact same thought process that went on at NASA and Morton-Thiokol that brought us the Challenger disaster. It was ok last time so it must be ok this time, but unfortunately there are these nasty little things called odds. Fine story, well thought out and executed, perhaps your best. I knew exactly what he was going to do when he pulled up behind the T-bird, absolutely perfect, glad it wasn't a classic.

One personal note concerning the Dallas Cowboys. I was in an emergency room one Sunday afternoon in 2013. My male nurse was a rabid Cowboys fan, my doctor was from somewhere in Michigan, his PA was from Detroit and I'm from Michigan. Stafford fakes a spike and leaps for a touchdown, defeating the fucking Cowboys. My doctor told me there were two things he hated; the New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys. Better than the morphine I was on, just glorious. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Quite a Story

Well developed plot though a bit surprising. Barbara's attitude towards Steve was hard to explain, in view of her complete turn around. Didn't get Barbara's analogy. Steve subconciously noting no cross traffic, drives through a red light. How does that equate to Barbara's inappropriate behaviour with Jimmie- boy and all the kissing, groping, fondling and jacking off she indulged in with Porter?! Was she in a trance??! She takes a long time to admit that her actions were not that of a married woman. The confusion which all the cheaters in LW suffer from, is beyond me!Are they unaware that they are cheating? Or is it something else which is confusing them? Anyone?

However, 5*s for this story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Realistic

Probably a realistic view of marital destruction. I would like to someday have a better understanding of the criticism a wife throws at her husband when she is cheating if she so quickly realizes she messed up when caught.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'd have started laughing in one of the counseling sessions

and beaten her to death in front of the psychiatrist

He'd have had a good insanity defense what whit a multi mullion dollar corporation illegally making him stay with his fuck slut of a wife

Its a very well written story of a how a bunch of assholes conspired to psychologically break a man to stay with the cunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It was a five star story.

I am sure that there will be some that will be upset that Steve didn’t shoot Barbara and Rafe, then throw their bodies back into the thunderbird and watch it sink into the water. Haters are gonna hate. But Steve was in love and lovers are going to love. I thank you for the story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I hate this trope in Loving Wives

The wife is cold to her husband, enamored with another man, yet gets distraught at the thought of divorce. I don't care about the "why" of the affair, there are many reasons. What I do care to read is why a wife that does these things clings to a marriage. This story didn't do it, I hope some day someone will tackle that topic. 4 stars for the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!

Lydia used him and betrayed him! "If i ever see you again, I'll kill you, should have been response to Lydia! I'd have told his "employer", Intimidation doesn't work, "you"ll have my resignation by the end of day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry, but no, just ....no

I really tried. But I only got as far as page 8, by supreme effort. I just couldn't go any further. The writing was on the wall as to where this story was being dragged to, as slowly as possible, and I just wanted to gag. The writing was good, but the story.....not so much.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Why aren't the cheaters dead!!!

Ok now that that's over, she had some serious problems but they were very well taken care of. I like the way this author tip toed though that infidelity minefield, very well done. 5 stars.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
What an absolutely excellent story!

Early on, I understood Steve had not progressed beyond the depression stage of the grieving process, but he did not recognize it at the time. He jumped straight into the BTB process without thinking, much like the trolls writing that is she should be shot. Pshaw. Tiny minds have tiny thought processes.

This is, by far, the most detailed story of a lengthy reconciliation, at times it felt extreme. However, you've done this site a service through what appears to be good research and understanding of many complicated issues.

You write very well!

Nony was a masterful touch! Her character really added depth!

southernreb27southernreb27over 4 years ago
getting over it

took a while , but they did get over their problems . I would like to think I could with my late wife , but neither of us never would . she got out from a joker Like Ramon & I had a cheating wife before her .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
By page 13, when Barbara finally began acting like an adult, I was convinced...

....we had a story about a mentally and emotionally challenged woman.....living her life stuck at fourteen years old.spoiled brat also often came to mind. In the end, she seemed an adult, Steve came to it from his stubborn and angry much slower. But Barbara’s turn about was a shock and such a character-shift, I didn’t recognize her for several more pages.

I’m subtly discouraged by the sudden character shifts and inconsistencies. I don’t experience people doing that, so it leaves me a bit cold.

It was an interesting story, if a bit long for my taste without some serialization (separation by chapters and/or separate submissions).

Nona was my favorite character, Barbara my least favorite. Kim was tied up somewhat perfunctorily, you could have tapered that subtext with something a little more involved and perhaps a little more realistic. I doubt her attraction to Steve ever ended. And having worked out her addictive behavior and found coping mechanisms, and having had the vast good fortune of easily cure able STDs (considering her behavior), I would think she would want to resolve her desire for Steve. ,Aubrey there’s another story there....a different arc this one could follow.

But I get that in spite of himself, Steve didn’t really want to end his marriage. Stubborn and tantrum-prone, he still hung in there......for way too long. And was still too adamant about Barbara’s betrayal, long after it lay in ashes. Seemed he liked to wallow.

Well, thanks for this story. I did enjoy it, my detailed comments and concerns notwithstanding.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago

Came back and did a reread ... still found this a twisted tale. Twisted as in uncalled for and unexpected emotional character flip flops. The ending was perdetermined and the mid was “twisted” to fit that ending. Good writing but the plot has a disconnect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Long

This Story was way to Long For Me ... Put a fork in This Story I am Done..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF???

You wasted all that time and effort writing this and just wound up with another PATHETIC RAAC STORY?

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Man!!!

This was very drawn out. He should have told his job to stay out of his marriage!! Also, tell work that he was going to work for a company that cared more about job performance than his love life!!!! I would have divorced her after the Christmas party...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Trolls gotta troll

This was a great story of what can happen when two people stop communicating, well done.

Buck1974Buck1974over 4 years ago
Yes did enjoy it but

The story was fantastic but it really really didn’t need all them pages . But keep up the great stories but try to keep them to 4 to 6 pages please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Somewhat corny...

I still read the whole thing, and enjoyed it. However, I, don't understand how the author, who's no spring chickenn given his references to obsolete electronics from the previous century but still doesn't know how to use an apostrophe to distinguish between plurals and posessives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Kinda corny...

Read it, just the same...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written.....

..... one of the best written if the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
18 pages?

It started interesting but jesus there is simply no way

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Okay, let's give her the benefit of the doubt with Rafe that the simply didn't think about Steve, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of her deep love for him, but how does that explain her actions with Jimmie-boy, BLATANTLY disrespecting her husband, right in front of him, then coming down oh STEVE, even when Jonas made it clear that Jimmie was in the wrong. Also not buying Nony's interference with his job. I would have told them to stick the job up their asses, or, as I think I mentioned in an earlier comment, put the divorce on hold, get the promotion, then kick her to the curb.

Oh, and let's not forget her not telling Steve about the miscarriage, then using that grief as an excuse to let Rafe get close.

I'm with Steve on the husband's compliments don't mean as much being so much bullshit.

"This time, it's been you who made it impossible for those little kisses" - Yes, but with good reason.She had NO reason.

"It was all about getting a quick fix of emotional support for whatever was bothering me at that moment." - Jimmy was more than just "emotional support." She was dismissive of Steve, laughed at him, got mad at him when HE was right, even after Jimmie's uncle took Steve's side. I know I'm repeating that, but it's a biggie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Far

Far too long,could have been told in a lot fewer pages,also he should not have taken her back.

DarkmantimDarkmantimabout 4 years ago
Good story

you have written a very good story only thing it was a little long but very good thank you for writing

meucimeuciabout 4 years ago

way too long and not to beat a dead horse but I would have divorced her ass after the christmas party. I will add that I think the writing was good, again just a little long winded for my taste it took me 3 reads to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A nice feel good story

I don't think this would happen in real life but it's nice to imagine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Long

Fifteen pages too long.Couldhave been told in several thousand less words,all the author has done is drag out a tale of woe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just right

Dear Mr. Longhorn

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this. It was a very nicely done piece looking at the mental trials of both parties, and you covered it in depth. Without an understanding of why from both sides, it would have been just another cheating wife vengeful husband story. Five stars well deserved.

As for the Anon saying it was too long, or the one saying how it should have been done, I would like to invite them to put their versions up for critique. I believe this comments section is to let the author know how they did, not to tell them how they should have done.

Kind regard

Alison

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Lydia did play God. They forced Steve take counseling. Honestly they didn't know how he felt and kept after him pushing Steve to the brink of suicide.

They should have backed off and gotten Barbara help with the first proof of lying.

As for his job well after a few weeks of going nowhere Steve should have told them that it wasn't working and asked for the job or if they wanted his resignation. Honestly the excuse they used was stupid. He was infinitely more stressful to keep getting told his feelings and beliefs were invalid than doing the job would have been.

He should consider telling the bosses, Lydia and his in-laws just how close they drove him to suicide. They messed in things they didn't understand. No one was on Steve's side. He had no one to talk with. He was alone.

As for sex better to figure out why Barbara was uncomfortable with it. Honestly what is the big thing with anal sex? You can have a terrific time with out it. If both parties don't want to do it then it shouldn't be happening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What happens when you get lost....

You can thank God theirs a Lydia in your family...theirs no more to say about his story...oh yes their is...I loved this story............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Wow, what a tour de force. From the depths of despair to the heights of passion.

In real life, unlike this fairytale, they wouldn’t be together. He would never have got over her disrespect and she would never have forgiven him for sleeping with her sister. Good job poetic licence is allowed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Damn shame.

God i hate RAAC. i actually read through 16 pages before i got completely fed up with this. There is no catharsis, no sense of justice, no sense of moving forward, no happiness in accepting someone back in the aftermath. I don't understand how you can write this kind of story and call that a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Worthwhile

I had my reservations about reading this story because of the length but finally decided to give it a shot, Boy was I thrilled with the effort, I thoroughly enjoyed the read. 5 stars plus!

Great job! Chuck

KaripetKaripetalmost 4 years ago

A wonderful read and very well written. I disagree with some of the complaints about the ending, but then again I'm a hopeless romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
meh

It's 18 pages of bs rationalization for stupid people doing stupid things. Kinda like picking a lying old white racist rapist to run against a lying old white racist rapist and expecting things to improve.

At least the floor show is entertaining.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Boring

It's about as boring as a Donald Trump speech

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I tried

I tried to like the story. And I understand that basically this becomes a story of redemption for the wife. First of all I don't like that he was forced into going to counseling because his job wouldn't promote him unless he did. Secondly I don't like how there seems like her family short of the grandmother completely is gobsmacked that he's angry about this 'over reaction'. Once I saw that he actually was going to forgive the wife , I couldn't read this anymore. And like I said if this was supposed to be a story of redemption? Then I totally get it. But personally for me I've been jaded too much by love that it's hard for me to see the turnaround that this took.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Webcam!

So... You access a webcam by entering an IP address into Netscape and using a specific port. That really dates the author! And I guess me knowing really dates me...

I absolutely despised the wife character for most of the story, and I could not see why Nony would think such a childish, selfish person would be a good fit for her husband. The transformation was good though, if a bit extreme, and I thought the story made some excellent points about bad deeds, forgiveness, and how people may evolve.

Not my favorite story, but very good effort.

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
Loved it - very emotional, sentimental

@lee5456 So mostly boring? Well, the story definitely wasn't...

@anonymous05/18/20 - I despised the wife character too, she was delusional, immature and empty-headed but the story was good to her eventually haha.

@Karipet So am I apparently! I loved the story even though it lacked smut.

@anonymous05/13/20 If you're in a swing state I recommend Democrat mate. pls. Otherwise vote Green or something. Because I agree.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyalmost 4 years ago
Trust?

Trust is a pillar. If he didn't trust his wife, then why did he take that the bit of information at face value with no proof?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good story but at least half should have been edited out.

1...45678...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous