All Comments on 'Requital'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago
Wanting

Prose was overly drawn out to tell the story. Automatic downgrade of three stars when there is reconcilliation. Once she cheats there is no acceptable way back. Still good effort and practice at writing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

One of the best RAAC stories out there. Early on I'm totally on the husband's side and my opinion of the wife is like, "is this delusional bitch for real?" But as it goes on, the plot thickens and I start to sympathize with the wife as more and more relevant information comes to light. I'm glad they made up in the end. Although truth be told if she had crossed the line a bit further and say, gave the guy a blowjob, things might be different; definitely not recoverable, for me at least, if she had had full-on sex - that's a dealbreaker regardless of the circumstances. It would be hard enough not being able to trust her but knowing she fucked some other guy when she had promised to be faithful would be impossible to shake every time I looked at her. The imagery would haunt me and cause nothing but resentment.

I think the core issue that caused all this was them taking each other for granted early on in their relationship, hinted at by their unsatisfying sex life as Steve revealed in their counseling sessions, which had been the case since shortly after their honeymoon. This, combined with her selfishness and delusions of her happy marriage and fucked up state of mind following a miscarriage, made for a cocktail that led her on a bad path, a path she wasn't even all that aware she was on. As she said, it was a hundred little steps in a direction she wasn't aware she was walking. That stoplight thing probably also applied where she was impulsively doing something but not really being aware she was making a choice to do it. All in all, she didn't consciously make a choice one day to decide to cheat, so forgiveness and reconciliation was on the table in my books. I think it worked out for the best. Also, Lydia helping her not be such a prude is a great bonus. Steve owes her for that. :)

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

I made it to page 9. Too slow and boring. And speaking of slow, the wife, Barbara, is written as a 3 rear old lttle girl with some serious Intellectual disability. She lied every time, every chance, about everthing. The MC, as described, would've never married a woman like her to begin with, no matter her looks. And certainly not agreed to conseling after she lied over and over about her infidelities. If this author has a reconcile ending, he made many more mistakes after page 9. Barbara perishing in the shower, after forgetting to move her face from the sprayer to breathe, would be a fitting end to this drivel.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

For a lot of the story Steve was just an ass and Brabara was just immature and foolish but it ended well. The grandma was a clever old lady and did more than the counselor in resolving the problems... Barbara forcing sex with Steve when she was sure he had aids finally convinced Steve how much she loved him.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Blackmailed into accepting and supporting a slut who is going to spread her legs for any moderately interesting slimeball she meets, and he's a hero? Sheesh. 1* to represent. Negative 5 vote.

Bws83420Bws8342015 days ago

This is very close to the heart a lot here that every couple could use in their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Wow, you are long winded. Happy fin but about 10-11 pages too long

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny222220 days ago

Loved it! Very clever.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I love Lydia!! Everyone needs a Lydia.

I too was conflicted about not having this as a BTB story. However, Lydia was the the most important influence in the story. Without her subtle (and not so subtle) meddling, , I don't think I could see the MCs finding their way to through to his ending.

This was a really good yarn. THANKS!

Frank

Gadf77Gadf7725 days ago

I've read this story 2x already and will probably come back to it from time to time. I'm glad that in the end they made up again. I liked how well you wrote about their therapy sessions & how they talked through their problems. Makes things more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This is the most idiotic thing,... The author should hang themself.

cheeksarerosycheeksarerosyabout 1 month ago

I am so conflicted right now. I'm telling you - this story had me up and down quite a bit. I was not overly pleased with our hero deciding to sleep with his sister in law, but honestly that's not the unbelievable part. I just don't know if I can get past the thought of his wife all of a sudden going sexual dynamo - before they had a normal sex life (normal? WTF is that anyway) - but now she is totally adventurous and coming on to him all of the time?

I mean I just don't believe it I guess.

On a site full of escapist fantasy? I suppose it really does fit.

Very well written, I appreciated how much emotion you were able to install into the characters, and the reconciliation actually was believable, more so than most.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ah kinda long but I followed it and really enjoyed it!! Thanks DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Many stories seem to show off the knowledge from taking Psy 101

moosestubemoosestubeabout 1 month ago

Story was 16 chapters of boring psychobabble too long. Excruciating read.

ToniM1234ToniM1234about 1 month ago

Wow that was long. Could not stop reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Learn to hit the space bar when you use italics

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

what a load of bullshit you are writing like a hen pecked husband no job is worth being blackmailed into staying with a cheating wife .rotten story minus 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Why do so many authors write pussy MC's?

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for a Great Story, Great writing, LOL with even "re-uniting" in the most unlikely way! Hell, I'd have divorced the bitch without slowing down! Of course, I have been married more times than most folks at 5 times. LOL I would NEVER trust her again. NEVER! Once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater. But Great Drama, just like the "HallMark" Channel! I loved pushing the "T-Bird" into the lake. That was perfect! Absolutely perfect! Very Good Story. Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Your characterization of Barbara was of a brainless idiot. She stumbles through your story like she has never even heard of stimulating a man's libido. Was she raised in a all girl's catholic school by bur kg a wearing nuns, never to even see a male before marrying? You could have written a more rounded character.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I lost interest in the story the moment Steve decided to shit on his self-respect by sleeping with Kimberly, thereby giving Barbara the opening to manipulate hi into reconciling.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So basically he was blackmailed into accepting that he would uncomplainingly live with a slut and accept her fucking anyone she chose. Lovely.. 1* because negatives aren't allowed.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A blind man could see how this was going to end when so many pages were spent on the counseling. The first 7 pages were good, but then Steve found his inner pussy, and his balls shriveled up. I guess if there are any women who read this, you know what to do, get a good lawyer who delays, delays, and delays more while you somehow get him forced to do counseling and your husband will also have his balls shrivel up to nothing and will be your bitch. What a waste of time reading this.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow! Very intense, Very compelling. Very well crafted. This story deserves much wider publication! I'm thinking you should consider contacting the screen writers guild. it would make a very compelling series.

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmon2 months ago

Bravo for daring to write a LW story which doesn't end in disturbing cuckolding or death and pain. This isn't some sort of adolescent wish fulfillment with BtB explosions and pain like so many LW stories. People fuck up. People do things and then justify them after the fact. Sometimes it can be forgiven, sometimes not. This story takes us to the edge of what is forgivable (at least for Steve). I couldn't walk Steve's path and I hope to hell I will never be in that position. This made me ask myself hard questions about just where my line is and why. That's never comfortable.

There were a couple things that felt a bit gratuitous. Having the company hold Steve's promotion until he went through months and months of counseling did not work for me. This dilutes the reconciliation for me. If the company had not forced it, would Steve have even attempted to reconcile? The whole issue of sleeping with Kim kind of works, but the drugs and porn did not drive the plot forward. Kim could have been anyone such as an old FWB and still have roughly the same impact. These are minor nits.

Good writing makes you feel. Good writing pushes you out of your comfort zone. This did both.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld3 months ago

You had me u til Steve became a pussy.

LacastrianLacastrian3 months ago

I had no problem with the story until he apologized to Barbara. Steve has no reason to apologize to Barbara, their marriage was over and he owed her nothing. All this talk that he shouldn't have had sex with Kim even after everything Barbara did is nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Are you effing kidding me?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

18 fucking pages of a shitshow with too many interfering cunts in their marriage

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

Also as far as his company making him go too marriage counseling to get a promotion is against the law as they are butting into his personal problems that has no regard on his professional life so he could have and should have sued them for it

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

The husband is right though so is the wife trust and forgiveness is 2 different things however on certain issues you can't forgive if you can't trust the person any longer in regards of cheating and the lies she kept telling even though she knew she was caught red handed he has to be able to trust her in order to have a shot of forgiving her without the trust the relationship can't work and forgiveness would be off the table

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Most comments say best story or shitshow lmao

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

I like Lydia. She’s willful and manipulative, but she uses her power for good. I always believed she was in Steve’s corner. There was never any ill-intent in her actions.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Начало и середина на 10 из 10!! Мне очень понравилось! А вот потом скатилось до 1/10... Почему он позволил ей вернуться домой? Почему их боль стала одинаковой? Он переспал с другой женщиной лишь 1 раз и то после разрушения брака! Она же изменяла ему 2 раза во время брака! И он этого не скрывал, а наоборот раскрыл, сумев даже помочь её семье. А она все свои измены скрывала и считала их нормой! Так в чем же они равны? Почему его мышление изменилось на 180° за пару минут без объяснения? Автор тут ты к сожалению ошибся. И буквально проиграл конец потрясающего рассказа! Так что лишь 2 звезды, извини. Слишком резко все рухнуло

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

I loved the story and have read it several times. Truly one of the best. Thank you!!!

But I did struggle with some of the rational used in the counseling. Especially there at the end with the red light analogy. I didn't buy into that. The red light, as pointed out was a one time thing where he had a brain fart, so to speak. She lied, betrayed, disrespected and cheated on him with 3 different people and in the case of the last one, did so several time. To me the analogy just doesn't work at all and left the issue still there and needing to be addressed. But she did seem to grow up some and you finally started giving her some real intelligence rather than the clueless bimbo that was initially portrayed. I also don't feel that how she addressed her miscarriage wasn't really flushed out, which to me, was a huge breakdown in communications and the overall relationship.

Lastly the MC was a lot stronger than I would have been in those counseling sessions. As his wife continued to lie and mislead in the sessions, I would have eventually walked out and been done with it regardless of the impact on a potential job. But be that as it may ... FIVE STARS

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A fucking shitshow

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

18 pages of a shitshow by a cuck writer and his cuck MC and cheating skank wife

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

By far, the best story I've read so far. Congratulations on an excellent one. You obviously have some expertise in human behavior and counseling. Your story goes beyond the lurid themes of most entries that reinforce bitterness. I will favorite you and look forward to more excellent writing!

Psychman24Psychman243 months ago

I'm glad the author portrayed counseling in a positive and a realistic way, something rare for these stories. Also gratifying that the characters are portrayed as growing, changing and healing, although not easily or quickly. Reconciliation can happen and there are many reasons for affairs other than people just being evil. Great story, five stars

gemini0257gemini02574 months ago

I just love this story. Read it about 4 times & still enjoy it. Thank you.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Not the BTB I expected and I thought how the hell could it go on for 18 pages? Once I got into reading the story it became clear that there would be a reconciliation but wasn't sure how it would get there. The fact that Barbara didn't have intercourse with the guys was in her favor, even while it was still technically cheating Steve wasn't a cuckold in the truest sense. Kimberly kind of threw me for a loop, wasn't expecting her to have turned so wild, but then she did have a sister that was willing to cheat on her husband. I did think that it was a very moving part when Barbara had sex with Steve so she would die with him. I've never been through a divorce but have know others that have and understand it's not fun. Even though it was a long read, it was worth it, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked that the author really went into details where other stories might stopped. There were a few points where I thought the story was going end only to see there were a few more pages to go.

LacastrianLacastrian4 months ago

"And I only did it through his pants," she added. "I never really touched him…and he never touched my…me…uh…my vagina or my breasts or anything like that"

The photos show otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Indeed one of the better stories on here. To my mind it was pretty realistic and felt like it's the sort of thing that can and does happen in real life. I'm sure it offends some people due to their opinion that if one partner in a relationship even looks at another person they should be thrown out. But real life isn't like that nor should it be. No one can write a story that pleases everyone and all readers including me should try and not let our opinions get in the way of reading and understanding the message the author is trying to give out. After all that's how people are educated. Overall this is the sort of story to be compared to others and for most that comparison will mean that this tale is shown to be really good for the quality of writing the characterisation and the plot line. My suggestion is to read this and enjoy an excellent story. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If you want to read a story that over exaggerates the abilities of marriage counseling this is it. Way too much water went under this bridge for this couple to ever be happy. I like reconciliation stories but come on.

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

I’ve read this story many times. Every time I do, I hate the characters even more. Why? Why does Steve tolerate such shoddy treatment from his wife’s family? Lydia is actually the worst of them. The mom n dad defend their daughter, that’s kind of expected. Lydia messed with his career. That’s unconscionable.

If he had decided to put out feelers with another company in another state. He could have combated what went on from a position of strength.

Instead he comes off as a simple minded child. To be managed till he gets over his snit

Sorry but this one reads worse as the years go by

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

You know what, this is one of the most realistic stories in this genre I've read on this site and that's saying a lot considering some of the elements of it. Primarily, I think Barb's character was pretty on point - her behavior is really a classic archetype of the unfaithful woman - equal doses of immaturity and insecurity often lead to scenarios where infidelity happens as the result of a road of a thousand tiny steps. This is so common, it's probably laughable (I believe the statistic that the counselor rattled off - insecurity/low self esteem accounting for 30-40% of adultery on behalf of women). The other thing that I thought was good was the positive and relatively accurate portrayal of marriage counseling. Often in these stories the marriage counselor is the enemy, or a foil for our "hero" the spurned husband, but in this case it was clear that while he was shepherding Barb and Steve towards reconciliation, he was putting the focus exactly where it needed to be - defusing the pain and grief around the infidelity and resolving the root cause in Barb's ingrained behavior. Like I said, I found it very authentic and well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Finally, a tad rambling but an otherwise decent story from this author, but I had to troll through a lot of crap to find it.

AceAureliaAceAurelia4 months ago

Beautifully crafted story with REALISTIC reconciliation. My biggest gripe with stories that include reconciliation is that writers often skim over the grief process by writing 2-3 lines. This story really does a good job at going through the uncertainty, doubt , hate and healing of the betrayed spouse. Thank you for a beautifully thought out and exquisitely written story.

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Good read, interesting that Barbra was pretty incompetent as an adulteress. Love grandma character, she was a riot….

Thanks for writing.

HansTrimbleHansTrimble4 months ago

This must be my third or fourth reading, and I still think it's one of the best-crafted stories on the site.

plumber4276plumber42764 months ago

Nicely drawn out story examining a really thoughtful outcome to infidelity and counselling. Constantly amazed by some of the comments that authors - as in this case- are subjected to. They say more about the commentators, as one might expect, that the author and the story.

The plot development and the characterisation is very good as is the outcome.

A satisfying read worthy of 5 stars. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Strange that Steve did not know that Barbara was pregnant and has a miscarriage! Strange that Barbara have two handjob still telling her husband she was never physical with her lover! Strange that she was at park river with her lover without panty and bra and still claims she had no intention of being fucked.

She steadfastly refuses unless was shown the photographs and videos.

What a guarantee she will not do it again and lie more once Steve takes her as wife again!

She is a perpetual slut and Steve is duped again

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

WOW. A complete story that was! I thoroughly enjoyed the revenge MC got on his wife with the emails and infidelity hotline recording. So hilarious I was crying. Some of the counseling sessions at the end seemed overly nit picky and became somewhat monotonous but the path was a long one and the author relentlessly followed it.

Nice job! 5 stars

CorderoCordero4 months ago

Couldn't stop reading this story. Really enjoyed it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The author needs to realise that the average reading age of his audience is about 11, and that's only because of the high end outliers pushing it up.

Really who needs to point out that it's a long story after seeing it's 18 pages, snd knowing that who would even start reading it when they have a preference for 2-3 pages of titilaton followed by emotional pain and revenge.

I know I don't like coffee, so I don't order a tiramasu thinking it's not going to taste of coffee, and I'm sure as f not dumb enough to then complain about it being what it is.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

sorry but this is kinda garbage.

We start the story with her COMPLETELY disrespecting her husband, and even belittling him. We proceed forward to her having an emotional affair, and a physical one that would've ended in consumation had he -not- caught her. And she had previously been caught with another guy, granted -much- earlier in their relationship.

She's either the stupidest woman on the earth to constantly find herself in these situations (Which may very well be the case), and if it is, he should run, run as far as he can so he doesn't get hurt again.

Or she's deliberately pushing boundaries because she knows she has the support of her family, and knows she can 'push him around' which seems more like the case here. She feels he is beneath her because he's in construction, and not some fancy well to do guy. So she treats him as beneath her.

There's no way he should've ever gone back to her.

Gadf77Gadf775 months ago

I really liked this story. I felt quite engaged in the characters. And couldn't put it down untill I read the last line.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 months ago

If there was ever a story deserving of a reconciliation, this was it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Its amazing how many readers can't figure out reality and fiction.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is an excellent story with three small issues.

1. Texas requires private investigators to have at least three years of investigative experience, either as a full-time investigator or through an internship with a licensed investigator, to be eligible for a private investigator license.

2. In Chapter 5, the word "paid" should be "pain."

3. In Chapter 7, there is a confusing lack of transition between the sex scene with Kim and Steve speaking to his in-laws. It appears that some text may be missing.

Thanks for this thought-provoking story!

Thor2530Thor25305 months ago

Excellent storytelling. Thank you.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

I like his part 2 to this story when Barbara dies of cervical cancer the following another of her affairs. Man can this guy spin a tale

TommywinklesTommywinkles5 months ago

Hell of a long story read it to the end and found it exciting and gripping all the way through. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She was a cheating whore. She fucked him over. Then she was sorry boo-hoo-hoo. Her sister wanted him. She was pretty etc but the author decided to rurn her into a whore and a pariah with stupid thrown in for good effect. Their parents have much to answer for in creating two totaly fucked-up women. Then the author devolves the story into a reconciliation with the aid of granny... it seems that Steve should have realised that he was dealing with not just a cheating wife but a fucked-up family and divorced her and went off to find himself some happiness. There were no children involved so no baggage

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

First timd I read it I liked it. Re-reading it now I discover that I dislike it immensely. Steve was manipulated by Lydia. Barbara is a cheating bitch who will obviously cheat again. He needed to claim back his life and divorce Barbara...

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

To derpaderpidu and to cgulden51 just Cause yall are cuck bitches don't give you the right to post it in public keep that as well as your no balls self out of public

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This author is certainly in love with his keyboard. A good story line turned into a plodding, excruciatingly boring in spots, and repetitive tale beyond belief.

The writer’s insistence on very detailed dialogue focused on minutiae finally caused me to bail out. No score because I couldn’t finish it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow. Will she at least payforthe cock cage she's going to make him wear from now on?

derpaderpiduderpaderpidu6 months ago

Amazing!!

Unlike, some of the commenters who said it was too long, to me it feels just right.

I at the start took his side and hope for the worst to happen to her, just like many other stories in LW.

Little did I know I get to see both sides and I have to say I'm glad the story goes the way it did.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

WOW...

SexecutionerSexecutioner6 months ago

Right up there with February Sucks as the quintessential simp boy romance. And that's not something to be lauded....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A lot more conciliatory than 'Lying Eyes' series.

Barbara was a much more positive mentor for the couple than the strident feminist mother in law in the painful series. Better communication developed and the results spoke for themselves. But the couple really wanted to reconcile over stubborn petty vengeance.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

this story is about married life . the rights,the wrongs,the good times and bad . yes,marriage is messy,usually not easy and even little things can become so big it threatens the marriage . if you aren't fighting once in a while, you're marriage isn't perfect its pretty much lifeless . anyone who says they never fight has a very dull ,boring marriage . if you don't have to work at it a little ,how boring is that ??

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

At least two thirds too long. Extremely repetitive. I gave up around page 10 and hope they both got hit by a train. Waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too repetitive.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A person whose nature it is to cheat will always revert to cheating. People are who they are, if you stay with a cheater you get cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was a journey. My feelings changed at various points throughout the story. Initially I was fully in Steve's corner and his attitude was similar to how mine would have been - completely wanting it to be over with zero chance of reconciliation. But things weren't as simple as they seemed. I'm not sure I would have been able to forgive her in the end but part of me is glad he did. I think that if she had ended up having sex that day (and from what we're told, she was going to if her husband hadn't happened to have stopped them when he did) then there wouldn't have been any chance, but because the sexual element was minor and it was mostly an emotional need, it's somehow more tolerable. Maybe that's just me. She was clearly a damaged woman with many unresolved issues, and the miscarriage only made things worse. I can understand to a degree why she did what she did. It did seem to work out in the end for them. Would it really have been any better for either of them to throw it away and move on elsewhere? Who could honestly say for sure?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The feminization of man threw sexuality. Chick story base line.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Outstandingly excellent story told very well. Great characters and a good strong plot line. BardnotBard

AmberSolisAmberSolis7 months ago

A powerful story, very well told! The only thing not addressed (personal opinion alert!) was what seemed to me to be the heart of the issue: Barbara had a miscarriage, and felt she couldn't tell her husband about it. THAT was the start of her dstancing herself from Steve. And in that emotional void she sought other men, since she felt, without even knowing it, or understanding why, that she couldn't get this need met by Steve. Or was the miscarriage a triggering event building on her own unrealized insecurties, pushing her farther away from her husband? And the fact that she felt like she couldn't tell Steve any of this made her rebuff his attempts at affection with her all the more. But the insecurities that drove her to that had been building in her for a long time before the miscarriage broke the dam.

So the big underlying question is: what gave her those insecurities? How did that happen?

Anyway, awesome story!

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Reread and still one of the most enjoyable stories on the site

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit7 months ago

"After all wasbothof you disrespecting your husband,"

--ooo--

LAST time I checked my Dictionary, >> was both of << was all of THREE seperate words, even in the fractious USA!

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

Le seul reproche que je ferai à cette histoire c'est que Steve ne se soit pas arrangé pour casser la gueule à Raffe.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

18 chapters of garbage and a complete waste of time!

MarkTwineMarkTwine7 months ago

This was simply 18 pages of boring garbage that does nothing but celebrate cuckolds. The slut was a serial cheater who claimed she did nothing but give hand jobs. The polygraph has never been demonstrated to be scientifically accurate. Any dumbass who is forgiving a cheating slut based on a polygraph test is a complete moron. Now the idiot is saddled with a pregnant cheating slut, but I guess you should expect nothing less from a cuckold wimp.

Ocker53Ocker537 months ago

It’s the 2nd time I have read this and still I enjoyed it as much as the first time⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

To the anon below me. Yes, a marriage is built on trust. Just because you've failed to define or understand trust is of no consequence to others. Trust is all the things you've mentioned. It's respect, it's loyalty, it's communication. It's the accumulated history of those things. Blind trust is just that, blind. Healthy trust takes a long time. It's a history of good behaviors, so you feel safe qith someone. When betrayal comes, out goes the feelings of safety. That's hard to reverse. Because trust is hard to pin point to one thing. It's a long record.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Marriage isn't built on trust. You'd be an idiot to trust someone you don't know and you'd be an idiot to trust someone you've only known for a few years. Marriage is built on love, respect, loyalty and compassion. Trust is a bs term that has no meaning.

If someone has been disloyal you're upset about that, not about 'trust'. Trust as most people on here seem to use it is a dream word that allows the inattentive take someone for granted and then whine about this abstraction being broken rather than focusing on the real issue.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Barbara comes across as an emotionally underdeveloped child. I'm sure there are women out there like this, and it's interesting to note that Kim is similarly dysfunctional. But the wise old grandmother makes one wonder how the parents managed to fk the pair of them up so badly.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

PheonixLore, it's quite clear you not only have no idea what love is but you've got the mindset of some backward religious group that's sexually oppressed, uptight and puritanical. Your whole rant just screams a sense of personal inadequacy and fragile male ego.

Speechless2025Speechless20258 months ago

Let me get this right, he fucked the shit out of Kim and then ratted her out to her parents? STEVE IS A FUCKING LITTLE BITCH!

EoRaptor013EoRaptor0138 months ago

Mr. PhoenixLore. Give me a break! What Barbara did was wrong in many ways, but an avowed inability to consider the circumstances and adamant refusal to consider even the possibility of forgiveness and even the remotest chance of reconciliation speaks as much to the failures of the aggrieved as it does to the transgressor. It might well be that two people in the situation described here can't resolve their issues, but at least they tried. Neither party here is blameless and the author does an excellent job of describing how the couple worked their way through their respective failures.

In closing, I recall an adage from some old book that, in human relationships, only the perfect are allowed to cast stones.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

Hmm well it is definitely a realistic view from a man if he has been cheated on however reconciliation wouldn't have happened In Real Life the reasons for why is pretty simple 1 she did something that no man could forgive not only did she have a physical affair slight yes as it was only hand jobs touching and kissing its of a sexual nature with someone she wasn't married to that alone makes damn impossible to forgive though there is a slight chance but she also had a emotional affair that alone is impossible to forgive adding both emotional and physical to the affair as she did makes fully impossible 2 the way she treated him in front of everyone at the Christmas party taking part in dwindling him and not standing up for her husband when the guy started to do it and latterly having a emotional affair right in front of him and didn't care about the fact that she was with that added to the equation all makes it impossible for any chance of staying together let's look at the job part now they basically threatened his job and chance of promotion if he didn't stay with his wife and trying marriage counseling again IRL isn't going to happen no employer is going to put themselves in there employee's personal life especially something like that they don't want the employee's personal problems becoming there problems besides its also against the law so the moment it is done there ethics should be called into question if the Mc in this story was a man he would have called the bs quit his job and took them to court for it and he would have won with ease her supposedly not realizing what she was doing was wrong and then not understanding it was wrong is not a valid excuse she chose to do those things with a clear head cause it was a all the time thing not just a 1 time thing so that being her reason is bullshit IRL they would have been getting a divorce he was not man

blaupanzerblaupanzer8 months ago

Very well written. Remarkably accurate from a cheated man's point-of view. Not sure the reconciliation would work that way IRL, because she LIED to him 3 times, even when he confronted her. Her honesty is key to his trust, but the test is NOT over for her. Cheating is way less important than honesty is. He let his company to force him to be a cuckold. (No Senior authority has that right AFTER you become married.) I did give it 5 stars for the writing. It is a little longer than it needed to be.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean8 months ago

I am kinda torn by this, weird attempted suicide, not suing the company for the firm's policy on married senior personnel, the whole counselling thing with someone working an agenda not best for his clients. AND YET it was entertaining, even if it put my ably to suspend disbelief to the test it was fun in parts a bit more definition between characters and their voices there was a few times it was unclear to me who was speaking and yet the dialogue worked great i laughed a few times and thought a lot never once agreeing with the conclutions your people came to that logic confounds me and yet i liked it so i dunno gave ya 4

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous