Rescued

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"John, I'm really sorry about all this. I didn't plan to hurt you, but I have to think about what's best for Donnie. If it was just me... Well it's not. It wouldn't be fair for us to stay after what I've put you through. We'll leave. Make a clean break. You can come home when you're ready. I'm sorry. Goodbye."

My first inclination was to drive like a maniac and maybe get home before she left. Nikki would've thought of that. She was probably in the car when she called. And it'd been over an hour since I'd left the tavern. I drove at the pace of a condemned man going to the gallows. As expected, her car wasn't in the garage.

I walked through the house. Eerie how quiet it was. Something I hadn't noticed since shortly after Rachel was killed. Nikki's house key and garage-door opener lay on the dining room table. Donnie's room was neat, bed made, closet empty. I steeled myself and went into Nikki's room. Same, except her bunny slippers were in the closet and the flower I'd bought her yesterday stood in a budvase on the nightstand. I didn't know we had a budvase.

Just yesterday everything was going my way. Hell not even twenty-four hours had passed. Now my life was shit again. In a way this was worse. When Rachel died, I knew in my heart she wasn't ever coming back. Nikki was out there somewhere. She was confused and might change her mind. I could hope for the best. Yeah, that was worse. Where would she go? Maybe a motel overnight. But she'd end up at her folks' place. Then, eventually, in Richmond with Bill.

I took her slippers from the floor and ran my fingers over one of the ears. Soft, like her hair. Another sigh, more a groan, escaped me. The slippers were important to her, but she'd left them. Another metaphor, about me this time? Hard to say.

I took the vase and the slippers to my room. The flower went on the nightstand and the slippers went in my closet. This wasn't over yet. Not if I could do anything about it.

In the living room, I called my former in-laws. Marge answered. After I said who I was her voice dropped to a whisper, "They're here, John. Nikki's very upset. Do you want to talk to her?"

"No. I think I'd just make it worse. I would like to ask you to deliver a message for me though."

"I don't think that's a good idea. You should probably talk to her yourself. Go-betweens just mess things up. She needs to be talked out of this crazy scheme. Bill isn't going to change. I know you know that."

"Yeah, I do, and so does Nikki. It's going to take her realizing she knows. Anyway, my message isn't for right now. It's for later."

"Later? I'm not sure I understand."

"She needs to sort things out in her own mind. You'll know when the time is right. When it is, tell her I'm waiting, I'm still here. Can you do that for me?"

"I think I get it now. Yes, John, I can do that."

"Thanks, Mom. You're the best. If you think it's okay, you can tell her I called to make sure she and Donnie are safe."

"I will."

***

For three weeks there was no word. I ate way too much fast food and probably drank too much beer. Every Friday I brought a fresh carnation home and swapped it for the old one. Like an optimistic fool, I'd cleaned out enough of my closet that Nikki could hang at least her seasonal clothes in it. Same with my dresser.

As I found items she'd left behind, I collected them. Her things went in her old room so she could decide what was to be done with them. Donnie's artwork was rotated weekly on the fridge's door. I built a new toy box and filled it with those I found in the yard and elsewhere.

Maybe this 'give her some rope, she'll come back' idea wasn't going to work out. It dawned on me if it did work, I'd be in piss-poor shape unless I changed my ways. I started going to the gym before work and tried to eat healthier meals at home. Cooking for one sucked, but it was what it was.

Every week Mike came up with a new, more diabolical than the last, plan to dispose of Bill. His latest revolved around dosing Bill's lunch with flesh eating bacteria. Never mind we didn't know where he ate lunch or where to get flesh eating bacteria. I laughed at his suggestions and dismissed them. Besides, I was more of a track him down and beat his ass sort of guy anyway.

At six weeks, I was feeling better physically, but my mood grew darker. Maybe Nikki was really gone forever. That piece of shit, Bill, had most likely been released from hospital weeks ago. Had he really changed? Not a chance. I just had to stay the course. Nikki would come back to me. When she did, I'd grovel at her feet until she agreed to marry me.

Mid-week, near the end of the second month, I was watching a playoff game. The doorbell rang. Odd for that time of evening. My heart raced. Had Nikki come to her senses? I rushed to the door and yanked it open.

Bill's frowning mug stared at me through the screen door. I must've had a dumbfounded look on my face. He smirked and leaned on a cane. Probably fucking malingering.

He spoke through clenched teeth. "I want to talk to Nikki."

"Nikki isn't here." I looked beyond him, he appeared to be alone.

"Don't lie to me. Where else would she go? Let me talk to my wife, now!"

I clenched my fists. "Ex-wife. And she's not here."

"Then where is she?"

"How in hell would I know? Maybe you should call her folks. As I recall, you know the number."

"They've been doing everything they can to interfere with Nikki and me since the accident. But they told me she was here. Stop stalling. Let me talk to her."

Warren and Marge would never tell him that, even if it was true. "Now you're lying. And for the last time, Nikki isn't here."

"Bullshit!"

For a moment I actually entertained the idea of letting him look around, but Nikki's slippers were in my closet and Donnie's dinosaur drawing was on the fridge. If he saw them, I'd never get rid of him. Instead, I decided to be a dick. "You know, Bill, that 'stache and goatee make your mouth look like a sideways cunt. Go fuck yourself." I slammed and locked the door.

He bellowed obscenities and pounded on the door for several minutes. Then silence. I went to the bay window and watched him back a new sedan out of the drive and spin the tires before disappearing toward the highway. Tomorrow, I'd get to listen to Mrs. Parker bitch about the noise. She'd get over it the next time I cut her grass or she needed a lightbulb changed or something.

I found my phone. In spite of my promise to myself, it was time to call the in-laws and get the scoop. Warren answered. I buried him in an avalanche of obvious questions.

"She was here a couple hours ago. Asked us to watch Donnie overnight. He's in bed right now. He's been asking for you. Do you want me to wake him so you can talk to him?" Warren said.

"No. Let him sleep," I said. "Probably best. So, what's going on and where's Nikki?"

"Don't know. She left right after she dropped off Donnie. Her car was loaded down with most of her stuff. Kind of like a couple months ago when all this crap started. We thought maybe she was going to your place."

I bit my lower lip. "You think maybe her car broke down or something?"

"Possible. It's a piece of junk, but she'd have called by now if that was the case."

"True. I'll call her. If she doesn't answer, I'll call some of her girlfriends and see if I can find her. I'll let you know."

"Sounds good. John, I hope you know, Marge and I are praying Nikki and you get together and stay together."

"I know, thanks. I'm doing what I can. She's got to find her own way or it won't ever work out."

"Right. Keep us posted."

"I will." I hung up and tossed the phone in my hand a couple times. Would Nikki answer if I called her? Maybe. It was worth a shot. What would I say? Play it cool, just find out what she's up to. I tapped her number. It went straight to voicemail. If Bill found her and checked her phone, a message from me would make things worse. I hung up.

I had numbers for a couple of her girlfriends. None of them knew where she was, but I did get some rumors that all was not well between Bill and Nikki. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I went to the den and turned off the TV. I could cruise a couple clubs she liked. See if she was at one of them. I doubted that would be productive, but what else could I do? Knocking on the front door interrupted my thoughts. Bill again? I wasn't about to take any shit from him this time. Keeping Mike's advice in mind, I went to the hall closet and dug out my Louisville Slugger. If Bill thought his accident had been life threatening, he was in for some enlightenment.

I ripped the door open. Nikki stood on the porch. She was more gorgeous than a tumbler of ice-water in a desert. Her meek smile faded as her eyes fixed on the bat in my hand. I tucked it behind a leg and choked on my heart before swallowing it back where it belonged. Even so, my skull drummed in time with its pounding. "Nikki. Everyone's worried about you. Come in." I pushed open the screen door.

She stepped past me as I leaned the bat in the corner. Nikki stopped near the fireplace and faced me, wringing her hands. "This is really awkward, John. I know I don't have any right to come running to you, but I don't know what else to do. After the way I treated you a couple months ago, if you want me to leave, I will."

"It's okay. I'm glad you came. Have a seat. Tell me what's going on. Do you want something to eat or drink?"

She sat on the recliner and interlaced her fingers in her lap. "I'm fine. I don't need anything right now."

I sat on the coffee table. "Bill was here—"

"I know. I saw him." She sniffed.

"You saw him?"

"I was parked down the street, trying to work up the guts to come begging. I almost freaked when he pulled in. I've been waiting. Making sure he didn't come back."

"You don't have to beg me for anything." I handed her a tissue.

She blew her nose. "It's hard for me to admit when I'm wrong. I've been completely wrong the last couple months. Everyone else has been right. You were right. I should never have gone back to him. He's a monster."

"At least now you understand what he is."

She stared into the cold fireplace. "He's mean to Donnie. I went back to Bill for Donnie's sake and he's mean to him."

I clenched my fists on my knees and growled. "What's he done? Your dad didn't say anything about Donnie being injured."

Nikki engaged my eyes. A mixture of fear, hurt, and remorse seemed to struggle for dominance in hers. She threw back her head and closed her eyes. "He's mean. Not physically. He's just mean for meanness's sake. Donnie doesn't understand. Neither do I." She sobbed.

My heart was breaking for her. I rose, tugged her to her feet, and wrapped her in my arms. She smelled like lavender and felt like a cooling balm on a sunburn. "I love you. I love Donnie. Bill's bullshit ends now. Call your folks, tell them you're here, and you're safe. Tell them you're staying the night and we'll pick up Donnie in the morning."

Tears welled and ran across her cheeks. I kissed those tears away. Hating that she was crying, but loving the savory flavor. I released her. "Call your folks."

She sniffed, nodded, and dug her phone from her purse. I waited for her to finish her call. She looked at me through watery eyes.

Speaking of being on the rebound. "Are you sure you're good with this?" I asked.

She allowed the hint of a smile as she stepped out of her shoes. "I'm a grown woman. I finally know exactly what I want."

Without speaking, her hand in mine, I led her into my room. Her eyes landed on the carnation on the nightstand. She sniffed it, then turned to me with a huge smile on her face.

We stood near the bed and Nikki melted into my arms kissing me for a long time. Her body transmitted little tremors and her breath caught in her chest a couple times. My heart thundered with excitement.

She slid her hands inside my tee shirt, rubbing my back. Her feather-soft touch seared into me. My blood boiled. My cock's need for her strained against my jean's zipper. I returned the favor, locating the rear closures of her bra. Being out of practice, I fumbled with the chastity inspired hooks.

Her sighs and soft breathing heightened my anticipation. The confounding bra clasps gave way and her breasts threatened to escape. I trailed my hands around her ribs under the bra and paused, cupping her firm mounds. I squeezed them gently until she pulled my shirt trying to get it off over my head. I helped her, then did the same with her sweater. The bra came off with the same motion.

I dropped to my knees and threw my arms around her hips, then kissed each of her breasts in turns. The taste of her tender skin fell upon my tongue like a breeze refreshing a sweltering evening. Her nipples sprang to attention in response to my careful nipping. I bathed those tight buds with my tongue, soothing any injury my nibbling may have caused.

Nikki's eyes remained shut as she gently ground her hips against me. Her interlaced fingers behind my head pulled me to the space between her breasts, revealing the source of her fragrance. I kissed that tender spot. Her lips emitted delicate cooing.

It was a signal to proceed. I unfastened her jeans and pushed them down to her ankles. She steadied herself with hands on my shoulders as she stepped out of them. I leaned back for a moment and enjoyed the voluptuous sight she presented. Nikki exuded limitless sexual energy. Naked but for a pair of black satin panties, which did nothing to hide the mound at her legs' junction. I tugged those panties down and felt her tremble as I ran my hands along her smooth legs.

I grabbed her butt and pressed my face into her dark-red pubic hair, drinking the aroma of her aroused sex. My head spun with excitement as my cock screamed for release. I stood and all but tossed her onto the bed.

Nikki sat, opened my jeans, and pushed them down to midthigh. My underwear followed a moment later. My erection sprang out at her. Her eyes went wide and she stared for a moment, then her fingers caressed and stroked it tentatively. Her touch left my skin tingling.

"I've never had one that wasn't circumcised," she said.

Apparently Rachel hadn't told her everything. "It works the same." I clamped my eyes shut and groaned out-loud as her soft lips closed on my cock.

She released me and breathed deep. "So I see."

I wondered for a moment where she'd gained such tantalizing skill with her mouth and tongue. She surpassed Rachel's talents with ease. I wasn't about to complain or ask. On the verge of losing control, I merely groaned as she continued to work her mouth on my cock.

Preventing a premature release became priority one. I pulled away from her, stepped out of my jeans, and returned to her as she scooted further back on the bed. I crawled onto her and let most of my weight rest on her broad hips as we kissed again.

Nikki wrapped her legs around my thighs, offering herself to me. Her skin seemed to glow as a patina of perspiration spread across her body. I slid down her goddess's form until my lips found her sex. I licked softly between her engorged lips. The savory tartness encouraged me to not only taste, but feast on her. Nikki moaned her pleasure. I tongued her bud and fingered her until her legs trembled against my arms. Her fingers twisted my hair and she gasped for breath.

I kissed my way up her body, then explored her mouth with my kisses again. Her heels hooked my calves. My cock found the wet lips of her sex. Unable to restrain my excitement, I pressed insistently against her.

Nikki pushed on my shoulders with both hands, interrupting my entrance. "Don't stop, but go slow, you're bigger than Bill."

Did that inflate my ego? True or not, yes, yes it did. "Let's not talk about Bill just now." I smiled, but her message wasn't lost on me. Nikki smiled back and closed her eyes as her hands migrated to my ass.

She pulled and I pushed, entering her with steady, firm pressure. A pleasant gasp escaped her lips. Her vagina's firm grip on my cock passed her heat to me. Insistent and yet patient, I reveled in the feel of her body against mine. From my chest to the backs of my legs, my skin was scorched, in a good way.

Even though I wanted to ravish her, I held still letting her body adjust to my intrusion and size. Her sex's heat penetrated to my core. She could burn me to ash and I'd smile the whole time.

After kissing her cheeks, then her collarbones, I rose on my elbows. "Are we good to go?"

Nikki's eyes remained shut, but she smiled. "We're golden."

Her hips rolled in unison with mine as we grew more aggressive. Our breathing louder and more urgent as our intensity increased. The bed springs provided a comical choral accompaniment to our movements. Nikki met my energy using the leverage her legs being wrapped around mine afforded.

She was giving herself to me with total abandon and energy. Her body a reflection of her emotion. My hopes for the future coming to fruition in her efforts. I could do nothing less than reciprocate, to provide her with my heart splayed for her perusal. To make sure she knew my commitment to us was as strong as hers. To ensure her complete satisfaction.

Nikki's eyes opened and never left mine. The depth of those soft orbs threatened to drown me. Overcome with the desire and need to satisfy her, I redoubled my efforts. Her lips remained parted and soft sensual grunts came from her. Her firm breasts wobbled seductively in time with my efforts. My heart pounded explosively. That woman was taking me to a height I'd only dreamed of.

"Oh, God, I've missed this," she whispered.

I nearly stopped. She'd never been with me before, a mystery for another time. My attention returned to delivering a great first experience with me.

With her sex gripping and milking my cock, I couldn't contain myself any longer. I grunted a warning, dug my toes into the bedding and ground into Nikki with all my strength. She clamped her legs tight around mine and groaned deep in her throat.

I was about to drop onto her and pant my appreciation. Her orgasm erupted from some place deep inside. Her eyes went wide, she shuddered, and breathed in ragged gasps. Even though I was spent, I willed myself to keep tending her sex until she stopped quivering and became still.

I lay there exhausted and yet so refreshed. Rising on my arms, I lifted my weight off her upper body. My spent cock remained nestled inside her. Wrapped in her heat, I groaned again, satiated. Her nipples bid me kiss them, I obliged. She flexed her muscles, squeezing my cock. The sensation powerful, encouraging its renewed growth.

I grinned. "I'm going to have to do something about this bed's noise or Donnie will be asking a bunch of questions I'm not ready to answer."

Her convulsive laughter expelled my deflated cock. "Oops. Can you put it back?"

I shook my head. "Not just yet. In a minute though..."

She laughed again. "Now I've got a big spluge seeping between my butt cheeks."

"I'll get a towel." I rolled out of bed and went into the master bath. Running warm water on a washcloth and grabbing a towel only took a minute. She made contented little noises and rubbed my upper arm as I cleaned her.

"Was this make up or introductory sex?" Her eyes playful and warm.

I tossed the towel and washcloth aside. "Whichever. It was fantastic and I want more."

"Good." Her eyes gleamed. She pushed me onto my back and straddled my waist. "So do I."

***

I woke alone among twisted and aromatic sheets. A grin crept onto my face and I couldn't wipe it off. I shaved and showered, the grin still intact. I discovered my robe and her slippers weren't in the closet. I wrapped a towel around myself and followed my nose to the coffee pot.

As expected, Nikki wore my robe and her goofy slippers. I stood behind her as she pushed a couple hunks of sizzling ham around in a pan. Holding her hips, I kissed her neck through her still damp hair.