All Comments on 'Rescued'

by cvandrews

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
Diecast1Diecast19 months ago

Love the story. I think it is great. AAAAAA++++++

Chiara23Chiara239 months ago

Such a sweet story, so full of love and expression even though Annie did say a word until the end. You made me cry!

Thank you.

Chi.

Not enough ✨ to truly give this what it's worth!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Wish I could be as cheery as some other commenters. The prose was well done, if not a bit heavy on narrative. Yes, I "get" Annie was mute, but still. There were so many gaps in the plot lines the story was like cheesecloth. The whole taking her as her mother lay dying on a supermarket floor, to impregnating someone that was his de facto daughter was disconcerting to say the least. She decides to have a baby with Lucas, but no love or attachment beyond the act? I could go on, but you get the point. Ugh! 3.2*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

I read this story before. Is this a repost or was it on a different site? I knew it was the same story by the description, and I was right.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Story good but it is a sad reflection on society that a bath needs to be censored. Maybe it is just the country.

DCCoffeemanDCCoffeeman9 months ago

So wouldn’t it have made sense for Lucas to check the internet for a news story about Annie’s mom dying? Someone dying like she did, in a grocery store, certainly would’ve made the news somewhere. At least then he would know a little bit about who Annie was.

stewartbstewartb9 months ago

Really liked the story ... had to leave in the middle but looked forward to coming back to read the rest ... was pulled on towards a satisfyingly ending. Thank you.

Falstaff60Falstaff609 months ago

Liked the story. Not sure where the romance was. Their relationship was pretty emotionless. Even the limited sex scenes were very clinical in their execution, no indication of her ever even having climaxed. She got pregnant, achieved her goal and then...nothing. No love ever being expressed between them.

But then it may have been hard to pigeon hole into the stated categories. Maybe Mature as he was several years older than her.

cvandrewscvandrews9 months agoAuthor

FROM THE AUTHOR: Regarding the story category: Literotica.com does not have a "non-erotic" category; "Romance" was as close as I could come to "non-erotic" -- all the other categories are explicitly sexual.

As for "Annie's" sexual satisfaction: "Lucas" mentions that he showed Annie how to experience pleasure for herself. This part of the story was not intended to be pornographic -- it was intended to describe the circumstances under which Annie got the baby that she wanted.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

Sir Author,

In regards to Literotica not having a non-erotic category. It is very odd that you would make that assertion. One only need to look at the list of categories to see that it does. I copied and pasted a small section of the list of categories. It follows.

Non-English - Erotic stories in other languages. (2)

Non-Erotic - Fiction without a sexual focus. (5173)

NonConsent/Reluctance - Fantasies of control. (35702)

NonHuman - Aliens, ghosts, androids, and more. (14921)

Could you address where I saw this story before? Possibly SOL?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not much. Sorry, but without a court order, she is not his daughter. So, getting her pregnant is statutory rape.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was such a wonderful story until Charlie came into it. I see no reason for him to be there. Lucas cared for her, raised her and Annie chose him to have a child with. Their age difference is MEANINGLESS! They should've married and raised Christopher Robin together. As well as have baby Charlotte. What a stupid ending to a great story. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The sex with Annie was disturbing and seemed out of place in their relationship. Would have been a better story without it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A little bit odd.

And Literotica does have a Non-Erotic section.

It can be found nestled between Non-English and NonConsent.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I don't know how you could submit so many stories and still be stupid enough to miss the non-erotic section. Either way this story was a slog to read. Gave up half way through the 2nd page. Don't give a damn about some dude raising a random girl. Skipped forward to see if it would actually turn into a romance. Nope instead he has sex with a girl that should feel more like a daughter than anything else unless your a complete sociopath. Almost lost my lunch at that. 1 star even if it was in the correct section.

cvandrewscvandrews9 months agoAuthor

TO THE READERS: Thank you for reading, and for your comments. Let me clarify a few points:

1. There was no "statutory rape" - Annie was "18 or 19" (uncertain) at the time.

2. Annie wanted a baby. Period. (Her reasons? You decide.) Lucas was simply a convenient, safe sperm donor who had to grapple with his own discomfort versus Annie's determination -- and her RIGHT -- to have a baby and be a mother.

3. I can understand why many would want Annie and Lucas to remain there, alone, in their own fairy tale life. And initially, that's what I thought I would write. But as "Annie" developed her personality, I decided that to keep her as Lucas's "ward" would be unfair to such a bright, determined girl-young-woman.

4. As for the "intrusion" of Charlie -- If you have never looked at a man (or woman) and known, "That's the one!" I am sorry that you have missed this experience. And Charlie passed Annie's test -- he liked her baby, and her baby liked him -- matter settled!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It would have been good to have determined Annie’s mother’s story.

jwoozjwooz9 months ago

First, this made me uncomfortable. Taking the girl... not even sure that was her mom, not checking the Internet to see if she really died, impregnating her. I may be the only one but I saw the man as the bad guy here. Yes, uncomfortable.

cvandrewscvandrews9 months agoAuthor

THANK YOU for your comments, but please let me clarify a few points:

1. If you'll remember, it was Annie who first "took" Lucas. And, seriously, what do you think is the probable fate of a little girl whose female caretaker ODs on a supermarket floor? Either be turned over to another relative who is just as bad -- or perhaps even worse -- than the first one? Or else be put into "the system," with a series of foster homes, some possibly abusive -- especially for a "difficult" child who is non-speaking? No, Annie immediately sensed her future, and she adopted Lucas. Lucas accepted her, on her own terms.

2. Lucas did not impregnate Annie -- Annie impregnated herself, using Lucas as a donor. Remembe: From the very beginning, it was Annie (who was 18 or 19) who always came to Lucas -- he NEVER went to her. And remember what happened the one time that Lucas was unable to "do his duty?" And how it all stopped the day that Annie determined that she was pregnant?

No, in case it hasn't dawned on you, Annie was the one making all the major decisions that determined the direction of her life.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste9 months ago

This was excellent - 5 stars, to be sure.

RandyPandaRandyPanda9 months ago

I got Appalachian mountain vibes from this story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not sure where, but I have seen this story before. Is this an edited version of a previous story?

cvandrewscvandrews9 months agoAuthor

Nope, not Appalachia -- more like "Down East" (rural New England).

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

too wierd for me, that’s saying a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He was dying and dying to heaven and realises how through he ups and downs in life, his life, Annie's life and Charlie's life we all blessed as from his perspective God filled the holes in their lives.

The longer I live the more I realise we are conditioned by social norms including things like government granted marriage licenses and birth records and on and on. But in this story people just lived and enjoyed life.

The story is a 5, but much more, it is a look at simple living where people love unselfishly, give of themselves freely and in a beautiful way are good moral people.

Thanks cvandrews, for a truly feel good story.

The Hoary Cleric, a guest at this site.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story makes me feel like we need to check the author's basement for little girls that have been "rescued."

des911des9119 months ago

This one is a bit different - I like that. It's well written and engaging in a strange way. However, there are three elements that disturb me:

firstly, the initial "taking"; Lucas realises at the time that this is risky and could get him a long stretch in jail. His intentions are not bad, but...

secondly, how they managed to avoid the Administrative State for over a decade. Possible? Yes. Likely? Doubtful.

thirdly, the sexual relationship between Lucas and Annie seemed all wrong. He was effectively her father and shouldn't have allowed their relationship to become sexual. That feels "off".

Finally, there is a big loose end - Annie is non-verbal but there doesn't seem to have been any investigation into the reasons. She's not deaf; she is not intellectually impaired, so why doesn't she speak? Is it physical? Does she hum, sing, cry? Is it psychological? Lucas suspects trauma and neglect in her early life. But...

Annie's back story might be interesting.

Thank you for an interesting story that caught my attention

cvandrewscvandrews9 months agoAuthor

Des - Thank you for your three excellent comment/questions. Here are the answers: 1. Remember, first, Lucas didn't take Annie -- Annie "selected" Lucas, as the grownup who could best take care of her and protect her. Also, if you had to bet, put money on it, what do YOU think is the probable future of a young girl whose principal caretaker ODs on a supermarket floor? She was too young for school, so she wasn't missed there. And the fact the there were no follow-up inquiries (that we KNOW OF!) shows that Lucas was right. - that no one cared.

2. Annie was determined to have a baby, period. Women seek out sperm donors, from willing acquaintances or through advertisements; they have years of costly fertilization treatment; they go to miserable Romanian orphanages to adopt; they buy or steal babies, even cut them out of the bellies of pregnant women (check the news). For Annie, Lucas was a convenient, safe donor (even if he was unwilling). Remember Annie's reaction the night that Lucas failed to "do his duty?" And how she wouldn't let him wear a condom? Lucas understands that Annie wants a baby and has a right to have a baby of her own. He describes no pleasure in it for him, and a lot of pain, but still recognizes Annie's right.

3. Good question. He had the local doctor examine her immediately (not sure how many specialists there were in their neck of the woods). I myself wondered how to explain this. Obviously, deep-seated trauma, initially, but ... Guess we'll just have to ask Annie.

MattKesterMattKester9 months ago

A beautiful story that had me shed tears at the end. The main character was amazing in his reflection and how he described his feelings and evolution. Annie was an amazing girl with a spirit and will of her own. I would like to have heard more about her views of the world - you know she had opinions - and how she established balance in her world. And yet, the fact that she could not speak was fascinating; I've known a few people in my life who could not speak for various reasons.

And really, you had me at Winnie the Pooh. I will always root for Christopher Robin.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted8 months ago

Well written story. But I kept thinking, he couldn't find out who the dead women was?

yhgtbkyhgtbk8 months ago

5 -excellent story.

Thank You

cvandrewscvandrews8 months agoAuthor

FROM THE AUTHOR: I was surprised that so many of you expressed concern (or doubt) about Annie's presumed "mother" or caretaker. Here was my take, as the writer of the story: The fact that here was a woman,with a small child who overdoses in a supermarket suggested that Annie's mom probably led a disordered life, and possibly a transient one. The fact that seemingly no one ever followed-up or contacted Lucas suggests that the woman (and therefore her daughter) did not have many acquaintances -- or at least, any who gave a damn, or if they did were too disorganized to follow up.

Lucas, for his part, figured that this was the situation, and that anyone from Annie's past life would be much like "her mother" -- or worse! And if someone had actually bothered to contact social services, then Annie would probably end up "in the system" -- and you know what that would probably mean, especially for a "problem child" who refuses to speak.

FINALLY, there was Annie. Annie quickly sensed what was happening and what it implied for her, and she instinctively knew that she would need a grownup to take care of her and protect her. And of all the people in that store that day, she somehow sensed that Lucas was the person most likely to do this -- and who needed her as much as she needed him.

I think Annie was right. Do you?

BabalooieBabalooie7 months ago

WOW. This story had me totally engrossed. I couldn't stop reading until the end. The background appeared to me as rural New England, possibly somewhere within the state of Maine. It's one hell of a story - I can't explain how I feel after reading it. I loved it. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

weird story, sex with annie and charlie coming in put me off.

sg1010sg10106 months ago

I have Never gravitated to a story that was based on narrating, Yours is the exception! I thoroughly Enjoyed reading your creation to the point that I had difficulty putting it down for even the shortest amount of time.

Well Done !

THANK YOU !

Scott

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a beautiful story. As i am writing my opinion, the tears keep falling. Good job.

papajerrysr42papajerrysr422 months ago

OK I just want to say that this is such a heart warming story and so touching . It is AWESOME . I loved it and never thought that you would find it on this web site. but I did and I am glad that I clicked on to read it. thank you for sharing it .

DadieODadieOabout 2 months ago

Wow, not bad at all you might want to think of another. Keep at it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A spectacular story. Uplifting as well as joyfully sad (?).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Feel very conflicted about this story.

Well written, but it feels so incomplete. All the loose ends of Annie life, no authorities ever chased down her identity?

How does she attend school, get grades, and graduate with no validated birth certificate or official records? How do hospital records get fudged with mother whose identity has NOT be legally validated. What about Birth Certificates for Christopher and Charlotte. How was that managed.

I'm conflicted about someone who raises her as a father, then being the father of her child (practically rapes Lucas). Further he is pushed aside, so we can assume she marries Charlie, only for her to have another child with him.

Worse, all that love and support provided to Annie over the years, and she ONLY chooses to speak to Lucas on his death bed. What a crock.

V.

cvandrewscvandrewsabout 1 month agoAuthor

To Anonymous: Thank you for all the questions you just posed. Please contact me through the "Send Private Feedback" Link/"Button" just below the story -- below the "Voting" and "Follow Author" sub-headings -- I'll be happy to get back to you and address your concerns. cv andrews

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous