Resistance: Chimeran Allies

Story Info
Resistance AU where some Chimera are allies.
3.9k words
4.63
1.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1.

I slowly crawled over to the ledge, peering down at the horde of Chimera preparing for battle. About two hours ago there were reports all across the country of Chimera leaving their posts and heading off to an unknown area.

From the various reports Command was able to pinpoint where the Chimera were heading to, London. home to Tower A-0, rumored to be the hub that connects all the towers together. X-Ray Squad, my squad, was the only squad currently there, we had been tasked with recovering Grayskin, otherwise known as Sergeant Nathan Hale.

Once Command realized the Chimera were congregating in London they gave us new orders to proceed into the tower. Due to the high risk of the assignment and the importance of Grayskin only one person could be given the task. I was the unfortunate soul who was given this task, Corporal Raymond Kelly.

As I peered down I spied the bodies of multiple Chimera, a Titan, the remnants of a Stalker and two Angels, their bodies pulverized by gunfire and poison spikes. Lying nearby was another Angel, wounded but still very much alive. Several Chimera were tending to it, taking spikes out of its skin and pouring Sym-Bac over its wounds.

Sightings outside the tower had led Command to estimate there were between two and four Angels in the tower, and if it was accurate then the Chimera here had just lost at least half of their command structure.

I eyed the wounded Angel and then looked down at my Fareye, considering if it was worth it to take out the Angel. It took me all of five seconds to make my decision, setting the rifle down on the ground.

I reached down to my vest, turning on my radio that I had turned off when I entered the tower.

"Command, be advised, I have sighted three Angels at A-0, two are dead and one is wounded, I am preparing to take out the last Angel, with these Angels dead the tower should be vulnerable to an assault. Resuming radio silence."

I flipped the radio off again and looked down at the Angel through my sights, adjusting until I was aiming for its eyes.

I moved my finger towards the trigger, having had the safety off long before I'd even entered the tower.

I steadied my breathing, beginning to squeeze the trigger.

(Type-2 Chimera)

"It is time."

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at the Angel hovering nearby. I was one of the original Hybrids she had changed, I had been with her the longest and she had grown to trust me.

She trusted me enough to tell me she had no allegiance to the Chimeran army and its goals.

Had I been a normal Hybrid I would designated her a traitor and she would have been eliminated by the other Angels without a single thought.

But I wasn't a normal Hybrid. I was given freedom to choose and do what I wanted, my queen had given me and several others sentience and we had all seen what the Chimeran army had done to the humans.

I had long thought it was wrong what we were doing but I did not voice anything, fearing the wrath of my queen, but hearing her say that had given me the courage to voice my opinions to her.

This had in turn caused her to trust me enough to tell me her plans she had for the Chimeran army and the Angels.

She planned on either turning the Angels to her side or killing them. If she could turn them to her side she would have a nearly unstoppable army to protect the humans from further harm. If she had to kill them it would mean countless Chimera would die as she wouldn't be able to maintain control of them long enough to give them the ability to think for themselves.

"What will you do?"

"I will try to convince them to join me. If I cannot do that you must fire on them, you must do it fast or they will take control of all of you."

I looked behind me and saw multiple Chimera flooding into the room. There were four Titans, an idle Stalker and hundreds of Hybrids milling about, waiting for orders from their queen.

Seconds later the two Angels appeared, wondering why they had been summoned.

My queen went over to them and a heated argument quickly ensued. I could not hear what was being said but the shocked reactions of the two Angels gave me enough of an indication of what was being said.

My entire body tensed up, seeing both Angels readying their spikes, and I gripped my Bullseye tighter, looking at my queen.

I watched her move away from the two Angels and ready her spikes. It seemed talks were over.

I raised my Bullseye, aiming at the Angels and firing.

They roared, retreating as they were fired on by both the queen and me. I looked over at the Hybrids near me, watching them all turn on each other as the Angels fought for control of them.

I staggered, feeling the Angels fighting for control of my mind. I had to get control of this now, or everything would be over. I looked around before noticing the Stalker, lying idle on the ground.

I ran towards it as fast as I could, shoving Hybrids aside and shooting any that tried to attack me. I got to the Stalker, glancing up at the Angels and seeing my queen being impaled with multiple spikes, collapsing to the ground.

"Destroy them! Now!"

With the queen's command fresh in mind I jumped into the Stalker, activating it as fast as I could and aiming at the two Angels preparing to finish off my queen.

I aimed the weapons, firing both weapons with reckless abandon, the AA cannon ripping through the flanks of the Angels. The missiles took a second longer to hit, flying towards the Angels so fast all they could do was watch as it flew into them, knocking them out of the air.

I was jostled in my seat when the Stalker was hit by a shot from a Titan, the vehicle staggering as it tried to stay on its feet. I turned the turret towards the Titan, firing the AA cannon at it, seeing it stagger back as the shots penetrated its thick hide.

I watched as other Hybrids began to fire on it and I turned to my queen, seeing her rise from the ground. I looked at the two Angels and saw one of them lying limp on the ground, the other one trying desperately to get back into the air, a burst of spikes sailing into its back knocking it back to the ground.

Thundering footsteps suddenly sounded, getting closer insanely fast, I turned the turret just in time to see the Titan slam into the Stalker, shoving it to the ground.

"Get out of there, now!"

I didn't need to be told twice, opening the hatch and scrambling out, seeing the Titan being pummeled with spikes, Bullseye fire and now Titan fire from another Titan in the hanger.

It roared, its heatstacks taking several direct hits, beginning to overheat.

The Titan groaned, reaching to its back, desperately trying to grab the heatstack. It looked over at me, standing up and roaring before exploding, the Stalker exploding alongside it.

I fell to the ground, the explosion making the ground shake, a piece of its body slamming next to me, big enough to crush me.

I looked around me at the massacre. There were bodies of Chimera all over the ground, many of them dead from bite and claw wounds. It looked like few Chimera had escaped without being wounded.

The fight appeared to be over, the Angels had been defeated. I looked over and noticed the other Angel was still alive, breathing heavily, too weak to attempt to take control of the Chimera in the hanger. I looked over at my queen, seeing her focusing heavily.

As I watched I began to notice the Hybrids were behaving differently. They were looking around everywhere, at the bodies, at each other, at their wounds. I looked at my queen, realizing she was giving them sentience.

"Kill... the traitors."

I swung my head around to look at the Angel, seeing it slump and go limp. Something telling me we were going to be in for a bad time. I looked up to my queen, seeing her slowly come to the ground, hovering just above it for a few seconds before losing her strength and falling.

I panicked, running over, grabbing some Sym-Bac off a dead Hybrid along the way.

I stopped next to her, looking at her wounds in panic.

"My queen, are you okay?"

"Please, take the spikes out, they are poisoning me."

Other Hybrids were beginning to come over now, and together we began the painful process of taking the spikes out of our queen.

She roared in pain as I grabbed a spike, tearing it out as fast as I could. The other Hybrids watched and followed suit, quickly getting rid of all the spikes.

I looked down at my queen and saw her breathing heavily.

"My queen, what did that Angel say?" I asked, worry in my voice.

She was breathing heavily as she answered.

"Every Chimera not under my control was told to eliminate us. You need to prepare a defense, we will be getting attacked by every single Chimera in this country very soon." She was very weak as she answered and when she was done talking she laid her head on the ground, passing out.

I looked at the other Hybrids, directing them to care for the queen and get her back up as soon as possible. Without our queen we would not be able to properly command our forces and would be vulnerable to other Angels.

I turned around and looked around the hanger, seeing all the Chimera standing around, not sure what to do.

I felt uneasy as I realized the queen had said that I had to arrange the defense. She had entrusted me with the duty of protecting the tower and everyone in it. It was going to be a daunting task.

*2 hours later*

"Move it over there, have it cover the opening!" I watched as the Titan moved a leg of the destroyed Stalker over to the opening of the hanger, providing a good shield from groundfire.

I looked around, seeing the hanger bustling with activity as Chimera built up defenses and brought out stockpiles of ammo.

There were hangers and doorways leading into the tower all around, and all of them were either being barricaded or being built up with defenses.

I looked around, seeing some Steelheads showing up with machine gun turrets.

"Good, set them up on opposite sides of the hanger!" I had decided to barricade a lot of the small openings, but the hangers were far too big to be barricaded so we were bringing in as many defenses as we possibly could.

I then went over to the queen, seeing Hybrids pouring Sym-Bac into her wounds. She had been asleep for over two hours now and I was getting worried.

"My queen, are you there?" I watched her, hoping for a response, but there was nothing.

I sighed, but then she began to stir. I watched her groaning, she was still asleep but she was trying very hard to wake up. She soon opened her eyes and I went to speak to her but she spoke first.

"The Chimera, they're here."

I had no time to react to what she had said, I was too busy ducking as AA fire from a Stalker sailed over my head.

(Corporal Kelly)

"What the fuck?!"

I flinched, the shot going wide and ricocheting near a Type-2 Hybrid as Stalker fire sailed into the hanger.

I looked down, seeing a Stalker had entered the hanger, supported by several Hybrids. They spread out and began firing into the other Hybrids in the hanger. I watched in shock as Chimera jumped for cover, the Stalker firing at them and suppressing them as the Hybrids advanced.

I looked at the far end of the hanger, seeing Steelheads firing at the Stalker, the rounds from the Auger penetrating through and killing the pilot of the Stalker, the vehicle walking straight into the wall and collapsing.

With the Stalker down the remaining Chimera that had entered the hanger were quickly gunned down by the defenders. I could only sit in confusion as I watched the Chimera firing on each other.

When the firing was done I looked at the Angel again, seeing it set its head on the ground, seemingly content with the result of the battle. To the left of the Angel was a Type-2 Hybrid, and it was looking right at me.

My blood drained from my face as the Angel also lifted its head up and looked at me, other Hybrids doing the same. I watched the Type-2 look over at the Angel and then it pointed up at me, Hybrids all around the hanger running towards the ramps that led up here.

"Fuck!" I rolled away from the ledge, getting up and turning the radio back on.

"Command, I've been spotted, I'm trying to escape now!" I panted as I ran down a hallway, heading back the way I had come into the tower.

"Has the Angel been eliminated?"

"Negative! A Stalker came into the hanger and started firing at everything in there!" I looked behind me, seeing several Hybrids round the corner. I turned around and raised my Fareye, firing at them and making them duck behind cover.

"You're saying a Stalker came into the hanger and started firing on other Chimera?" God damn it, did they not realize I was running for my life right now?

"Yes! A hundred Chimera came in supporting it too!" My rifle clicked, the magazine empty. I turned around and ran as fast as I could, stumbling and slamming into a wall as I rounded a corner, trying to reach into one of my pouches for another magazine.

"I'm almost to the exit, where's my team?" I pulled out a magazine and released the spent magazine in my rifle, letting it clatter to the floor. I then tried to fit the fresh magazine into the rifle, finding it extremely difficult to do when running.

"Their last report indicated they were following Grayskin into A-0."

"Copy, I'll rendezvous with them once I've gotten the Chimera off me!" I finally succeeded in getting the magazine into the rifle, pulling the bolt back and chambering a bullet. I was almost to the exit.

I rounded the corner, tumbling as I struggled to stop, standing mere feet away from me were five Chimera, a Hardfang and four Advanced Hybrids. I staggered back, looking past them and noticing that the door I had entered through was now closed and being guarded by these five Chimera.

I raised my rifle at the closest one, the Hardfang, it flinched and it began to raise its weapon, hesitating for a second before slowly lowering it, taking a step back. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins and I was in tunnel vision, eyeing all of the Hybrids, looking to see which one raised their weapon first.

I glanced to my left for a quick second, seeing multiple Hybrids approaching. I looked to my right, seeing a dead end. I looked behind me, knowing there was nothing but a dead end there too. I looked back over at the five Hybrids, seeing they had advanced on me.

"F-Fuck! Stay back!" I backed up, knowing there was nothing behind me but wall. I watched the Advanced Hybrids converse with the Hardfang for a few seconds before they seemed to reach an agreement and the Hardfang began to approach me, being flanked by the other Hybrids.

I aimed my rifle right at its chest, seeing it stop for a second, glancing back as if looking for assurance, it glanced back at me before turning around to its comrades. I watched it hand its weapon over to one of them and I subconsciously lowered my weapon in confusion.

It turned back around, seeing I had lowered my weapon, if only a tiny bit, and that seemed to encourage it, approaching closer, I backed up, jumping when I felt the wall behind me. The creature was mere feet from me now.

I had no clue what to do, no Chimera had ever behaved like this, nor had Chimera ever fought each other before. It reached out towards my rifle, and for the first time in my career I watched my hands tremble as my rifle was slowly pushed aside, my body putting up almost no resistance.

I looked over to my left, seeing the Hybrids had stopped just a ways away from me, at the front of the group was a Type-2 Chimera, the same Type-2 that I had almost shot.

A sudden rumbling sound reverbrated through the tower, the Hardfang releasing its grip on my rifle as it staggered back, looking around. I looked around in a panic, hearing a sound all soldiers dreaded to hear, and one I had been fortunate enough to not hear, until now.

The door I was planning on exiting through exploded inward, the mouth of a Burrower sticking through what had once had been the door, its metal teeth mangled and warped, not meant for digging through metal.

A piece of the door sailed through the air, slamming into one of the Advanced Hybrids and slamming it to the ground, a blow that would have severely injured or killed a human merely fazed the creature, the Hybrid getting up a second later, only to be pelted with Bullseye fire.

The Hardfang roared a challenge, picking up its Arc Charger off the ground and charging towards the Chimera running out of the Burrower, the other Advanced Hybrids laying down suppressive fire on the advancing Chimera.

I staggered back, seeing the fighting going on around me and not knowing what to do, still comprehending the fact that a Chimera, a Hardfang no less, had gotten within feet of me without even attempting to harm me.

My shock was only there for a second but it was more than enough time for the Chimera to react, I looked at one Hybrid, seeing it look at me and glare. I woke out of my stupor, raising my rifle, but it was too late, the Hybrid firing at me.

"No!"

(Type-2 Chimera)

"No!"

I watched in pain and shock as the rounds sailed into the human, seeing him collapse to the ground, his rifle slipping out of his hands and blood beginning to pool on the ground, staining his uniform.

I ran forward in a blind rage, rounding the corner to see chaos. There was a Hardfang there firing its Arc Charger into the horde of Chimera with deadly effect. The electricity arced to multiple Chimera, the Hybrids spasming as their insides were charred by the insane amount of energy being transferred.

One Advanced Hybrid was lying on the ground, blood pooling around it, its body and armor perforated by Bullseye fire. The remaining four Advanced Hybrids were taking cover behind whatever was available, peeking out to fire when they could, they were going to be overwhelmed in seconds.

I roared at the advancing Hybrids, raising my Bullseye and firing into them, almost all the rounds finding their mark in the cramped area. There must have been 20 or 30 Chimera outside, we were going to be overwhelmed.

The Hardfang's weapon overloaded, the creature wasting no time in turning it into a club, smashing a Hybrid over the head with the heavy weapon, the Hybrid collapsing to the ground in a heap. Two other Chimera ganged up on the Hardfang but I was too busy dealing with my own problems to assist.

A Hybrid charged at me, knocking my weapon out of my hands and shoving me to the ground. The group of Hybrids I was with were bringing themselves into the fray, firing from the hip and getting into vicious hand to hand combat.

The Hybrid landed on me, the creature foolishly holding onto its weapon. I shoved its weapon aside, following up with a swift blow to its head, knocking it aside. I quickly got up, grabbing my rifle.

I turned around to see the Chimera swinging its weapon at me.

It clocked me right in my jaw, splitting the skin and taking a few of my teeth out as I slammed into the ground, stunned. I looked up at the Chimera, seeing it shouldering its weapon, and I prepared for the end.

I flinched, closing my eyes as the reports of a firearm sounded off in the close quarters, only they weren't the sounds of fire from a Bullseye, it was the sound the Human-made weapons made. I opened my eyes, seeing the Hybrid staggering back, three wounds leaking blood in its chest.

The Hybrid looked past me and began to raise its weapon, and I heard the weapon fire four times, seeing the Hybrid fall to the ground as the rounds penetrated its chest. I looked behind me, seeing the human lying on the ground, gripped in his hand was a pistol, the slide locked back.

The fight was over almost as fast as it had begun, the close quarters resulting in little options other than hand to hand combat. There were bodies of Chimera all over the ground, among them were three of the remaining Advanced Hybrids that were covering the door, the remaining Hybrid leaning against a wall, bite and claw wounds all over its body.

12