Resistance: Chimeran Allies Ch. 02

Story Info
Resistance AU where some Chimera are allies.
5.4k words
4.72
867
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Type-2 Chimera)

I had been charged by my Queen with the job of protecting this soldier, and as I stared at his motionless body, feeling his blood pool around my legs, staining them, I wondered if I had failed.

His armor was pulverized, I could see a metal plate inside his clothing, it was scored and pierced through in some spots. It might've been able to stop regular Bullseye rounds, but the Advanced Hybrid that shot him was wielding a Mark 2 Bullseye, its supercharged rounds strong enough to go through the plate after several hits.

Most of the shots had hit the lower half of his body, his lower belly had taken a lot of hits, and his right thigh had a hole in it, along with his left shoulder. The armor around his chest was scored, but thankfully no bullets had gone through, otherwise he would have surely died instantly.

The Mark 2 was designed to inflict maximum damage, causing massive blood loss within minutes to anyone on the wrong end of its fire. For a Hybrid these wounds wouldn't be immediately fatal, but if it could not heal itself fast it would perish due to the blood loss. Humans weren't half as strong as a regular Hybrid, it was a miracle he was still alive, though the window for recovery was rapidly closing.

The Hardfang was pouring the Sym-Bac into the human's wounds as fast as she could, I took another canister and proceeded to start pouring them in too. Every second he was losing more and more blood, we had to get the wounds sealed up now.

Pretty soon we had all his wounds filled, two entire canisters of Sym-Bac used up in the process. I counted 8 bullet holes that were filled, it was a miracle he was able to stay awake long enough to save me.

I looked down at the pistol by his side, its slide locked back, all its ammo expended, thinking back to that moment just mere minutes ago where I thought I was about to die, instead being saved by this human. Had he used the last of his strength to save me?

I watched the yellow liquid gradually disappear, the healing agent rebuilding the injured parts of his body. In the back of my mind I wondered how the liquid worked, what exactly it did, but those thoughts were quickly pushed aside as I watched the last of his wounds disappear, instead being replaced by his pale skin.

I could see his chest steadily rising and falling, so he was still alive, but would the Sym-Bac do its job? Would he wake up again, or was it already too late, and his eyes would never open again?

Tense seconds dragged by, quickly forming into minutes, my hope rapidly fading. But then I felt his hand flex. I looked down, seeing his hand slowly moving, his fingers tensing up, then I heard him groan.

I looked back up, seeing his head slowly lolling back and forth before slowly rising. He seemed completely oblivious of our presence, his left arm slowly rising up, moving over to his stomach, feeling the now healed skin that had just minutes ago been gaping holes.

He shook his head, seeming to come to his senses. He slowly looked to his right, looking down at his hand, seeing it was being held by a clawed, Chimeran hand. He slowly followed the arm up, coming face to face with the fanged face of a Hybrid.

He stared for a second before recoiling, wrenching his hand from my grasp and kicking himself away before I had a chance to react. He twisted around, climbing onto his feet and going into a mad dash. Or, he tried to.

An Advanced Hybrid was standing in front of him, the soldier not noticing and plowing straight into it, knocking both of them to the ground, the Hybrid landing on top.

The human was in a panic at this point, screaming and trying to shove the Hybrid off of it, but it was having none of it, grabbing the soldier's arms and pinning them to his sides, the Hybrid resting its chest on the human, preventing him from wiggling loose.

By that point me and the Hardfang had already gotten up and ran over there, assisting the Advanced Hybrid in keeping the soldier pinned down, still, the human struggled, perhaps not recalling that he had saved my life, certainly not knowing that we had just saved his.

He was being driven purely by fear right now, desperately trying to get away, perhaps thinking we were planning to eat him. I had to get this under control now.

I grabbed him on both sides of his helmet, forcing him to face me, I could feel him struggling and trying to pull away from me, growing frustrated, I growled, and then spoke to him.

"Human! Do you remember me?"

That seemed to do the trick, the soldier's struggling ceasing as he stared at me, I was leaning on his chest now, my face mere inches from his, and I could feel his chest rapidly rising and falling, hearing rapid breaths coming through his mask, but gradually they began to die down, the human relaxing.

I slowly let go of his helmet, the human staring at me for several seconds before turning to look at the Hardfang, looking her over, staring at the blood stained armor before turning back to me.

"You... You're the... Hybrids from earlier... Right?"

It was the first time I had heard his voice, he sounded different from the normal British soldiers I had seen, this human not having their accent, he sounded young too, though that may be due to the fact that he had thought he was going to die just a few seconds ago.

"We are." I slowly pushed myself off the human, rising to my knees, the Hardfang and Advanced Hybrid looking over at me, then back at the human, before slowly rising up too, though the Advanced Hybrid kept one of its hands on his shoulder.

The human looked at the clawed hand for a second before slowly pushing himself up so he was sitting on the ground, looking himself over, reaching his right hand over to his wounds.

"What... what happened?" The human was peeling his uniform back in one of the spots he had been shot, revealing the surrounding skin stained by blood, along with the Sym-Bac we had used on him.

"We saved your life." I said, slowly reaching my hand out towards the healed over wound he was running his hand over. I ran my thumb over the scarred tissue, his skin feeling cold compared to my constantly heated body, the human tolerating my presence, moving his hand away to help prop himself up.

"The... feral Hybrids flooded into the room, almost all of the original defenders falling to them, except for the Hardfang here and another Advanced Hybrid, though she was wounded in the battle." I pressed more of my hand onto him, his lower body temperature soothing to me, not fully realizing what I was doing, lost in thought, remembering everything that had just happened, and wondering how the human must be feeling.

"I watched you get shot and fall to the ground, I thought for sure you had died right then. We ran into the fight, fending off the ferals... one of them shoved me to the ground and aimed its rifle at me, I thought for sure I was dead, and then you saved me. Why did you do that?"

He was looking at me, but once I asked that question his head seemed to lean back a bit, then he looked back down, staring at his legs.

"I uh... I don't really know." He chuckled, still in thought, then he looked back up at me. "Well, you know I wasn't here to make friends. I saw those dead Angels on the ground, I saw the poison spikes embedded in their bodies but I didn't think much of it, though I should have. I saw an opportunity to take out the leadership of the tower, so I went for it."

He looked down at the ground again, recollecting the events, as was I. "But then that Stalker fired into the hanger, I flinched, and the shot went wide, almost hitting you. I had no idea what was going on at that point, there'd never been reports of infighting in the Chimera before this."

He looked down at his chest, looking at my hand that I had now completely forgotten was on him. "You spotted me, and then I ran, heading back towards the exit. Though it had already been blocked off by that point." He then looked over at the Hardfang to his left.

"I thought for sure I was dead the second I saw you around that corner, standing right in front of me. I... I had no clue what was going on by that point, Hybrids had never fought each other before, and any time a Hybrid saw a human they attacked them, and then there I was, standing in front of one of the deadliest Hybrids there was, and instead of tearing me to pieces, it... well... I don't know what it was doing, but it wasn't acting anything like a normal Hardfang would."

He looked past the Hardfang, staring at the destroyed door with the inactive Burrower. "And then that fucker showed up. Next thing I know, I'm on the ground, clutching my wounds in agony, and then I see you there, fighting that Hybrid."

"I still didn't know what was going on, I didn't really have much time to think at all, I just saw you get shoved to the ground, and I knew I had to do something, so I did." He looked back over to me, then back down to his chest, staring at my hand again.

"And then... I passed out. Next thing I know, I'm waking up to glowing eyes and sharp teeth in my face, and, well, you know how everything else went." I felt his stomach tense a bit as I subconsciously moved my hand down to it, feeling the healed wounds there. He looked down at my hand for a second before looking back up at me.

"What... What is going on here? Why aren't you well... disemboweling me?"

I half chuckled at that and moved my hand away, sliding my hand over to his leg before resting on it and moving a bit closer.

"We... Our Queen... She wishes to aid you, the humans, she does not support what is going on here... she waited until the right time, building her forces, giving her Hybrids intelligence, and waiting for the right time to strike. Which is now. We are ready to fight the ferals, the other Queens... we will aid your kind in whatever way we can."

The human sat there, completely frozen in place, staring at me for several seconds before he spoke.

"...You... holy shit! I've... I've gotta..." He quickly reached his hand up to his chest, right where the destroyed piece of equipment was, looking down, seeing that what he was planning to use no longer worked.

"Shit!" Me and the other two Hybrids pulled away from him, wondering what he was doing.

"My fucking radio's fried! Oh, fuck! My squad is entering the tower, they don't know what's going on here! Shit, no one know's what's going on here, we have to find my squad now!" The human quickly got up to his feet, looking around before sighting his rifle, going over and picking it up.

The other Hybrids next to me stood up, checking their weapons, sensing that combat was going to be starting up soon. My weapon, along with the Hardfang's, were lying near where his rifle had been, and as the human saw us walking over he looked down and stooped down to pick up the Bullseye, handing it to me and then picking up the Arc Charger, the human seeming surprised by its weight as he stood back up and handed it to the waiting Hardfang.

I checked my rifle, seeing it still had a good amount of ammo left, and then I looked up to the human, addressing him. "So, do you have any idea where your squad might be? There's over 100 entrances to this place, we have sealed all of them so they likely haven't gotten in, we can't go opening every entrance though."

He had grabbed his pistol now, and I watched him let his rifle hang off its sling, quickly releasing the spent magazine from the pistol, letting it fall into his waiting hand, where he put it back into an empty pocket, pulling out another magazine which was full, slotting it into the pistol, reloading it then putting it back into its holster.

"I do. Come on, we've got 2 massive fucking armies descending on this place, and both of them are going to be hammering this place if we can't get word out about what's going on here." The human gestured to follow, and he headed off, leading us to where his squad was hopefully at.

The Hardfang and I looked at each other for a second before we ran off after the human, a few Hybrids staying behind to defend the entrance, the rest following along with us, rapidly catching up to the human.

I thought back to what he just said, wondering why he had said two armies were attacking, quickly making my way next to him as he ran down the halls. "What do you mean? 2 armies?"

"15 thousand Americans are making their way to this tower, they're being supported by what few British are left, and 100 Sabertooth tanks, they're going to attack this tower and rain holy hell on it until it's destroyed." I soaked in this information, hoping the Queen was listening in to what was being said.

"Every single fucking Chimera on this rock is heading here too though. Command estimated there were about 50 thousand Hybrids active here, and reports recently came in of every single one of the fuckers abandoning their posts and heading here." The soldier was beginning to get winded by this point, the constant action he had no doubt been in beginning to take its toll. He would be no use to us if he died of exhaustion before the day was over.

I looked behind me, seeing a Steelhead nearby, I yelled to him, getting his attention, directing him to pick up the human. I had spoken in our own language, which the human did not understand, only hearing growls and roars, so he was taken by surprise when he felt himself effortlessly hoisted off the ground.

"Ahhhh! What the... what the fuck?!" The human struggled in the Steelhead's grip for a few seconds before turning his head to me and making his displeasure known.

"You can't do anything if you're dead from exhaustion." The human was no longer leading so he couldn't show us which way to go, fortunately, it seemed the Queen had been listening in to what was being said, and she seemed to have recovered enough to be able to telepathically speak to me from long ranges now.

"I will lead you to the human's squad. They are trying to use an elevator, the guards stationed there have been stopping them, I am having them go down to aid them, I sense ferals near them."

"The Queen is leading us there, we must hurry, she says there are ferals near them." The human grumbled for a bit longer before giving up his struggling, resigned to his fate.

(3rd Person PoV, X-Ray Squad)

Bullseye fire was constantly pouring into the hanger, Hybrids laying down covering fire, trying to allow reinforcements to get in, the narrow passage and steadily increasing amount of bodies making it difficult to get through.

The defenders, made up of what remained of X-Ray squad, what was a platoon of British soldiers, their numbers steadily shrinking due to constant assault, Sergeant Hale, and Lieutenant Cartwright, a British Royal Marine Commando.

They had been fighting constantly for about 15 minutes now, and the outlook of the fight was growing bleaker by the second, both in the hanger and on the streets, where American soldiers were fighting tooth and nail, trying to get to the tower, the flood of Chimera pouring into the city making it difficult.

The Chimera used dropships to rapidly insert around 50 Hybrids into a combat zone by use of a massive drop pod. The dropship was impervious to small arms fire, but the tanks and LAARKS could take them out, but once the pod was released it acted as a blockade, preventing armor from pushing forward.

The Chimera used this to their advantage, creating blockades, bottling in loose groups of American units, forcing them to dig in and wait for reinforcements, or being overrun. 15,000 soldiers had been deployed here, supported by roughly 100 tanks, their plan had been to mount an assault on the tower and destroy it, but as each street was blocked off, and as more and more units were being seperated, it made their objective more and more unreachable.

X-Ray squad's objective was not to aid in the assault on the tower, they were there for Grayskin, or Sergeant Nathan Hale as the British knew him. From intercepted radio messages we knew he planned to go into the tower and figure out a way to destroy it. While noble, Command could not allow him to have another run in with an Angel, we had been given orders to detain him using any means necessary.

They had intercepted him in the hanger, they had tried a peaceful route, informing him that he could not be allowed to get close to another Angel, that strategy didn't work though, so, they had raised their weapons at the soldier, ordering him to come along.

Sergeant Hale was being supported by about 40 British soldiers, and when they saw the the X-Ray units raise their rifles, they were quick to come to the Sergeant's aid, turning their rifles on the black ops unit, hurling insults at them, one soldier saying, "like bloody hell you are, mate."

The unit had been given orders to capture Grayskin under any means necessary, but the British were still allies, and starting a firefight here would've not only been wrong, but unwinnable for the black ops, considering their squad was only 5 large.

Hale had stepped forward and told them in no uncertain terms that he was going into the tower, and they weren't going to stop him, but he had also told them they could come along and aid them, and when they had won he would go with them.

The black ops lowered their weapons, considering the Sergeant's proposal, before they could agree though, they were interrupted by Bullseye fire sailing into the hanger.

The battle had gone well at first, a small squad of Chimera had attacked them, the massive amount of human soldiers quickly dispatching the uncoordinated Hybrids, the few survivors retreating to cover and laying down harassing fire. Reinforcements rapidly arrived though, the defenders hearing a dropship arriving, quickly followed by the heavy slam of its drop pod hitting the ground.

With their only exit closed off by the attacking Chimera, the only option left was to go into the tower, the leader of the X-Ray squad, a Captain, ordered one of his units to the controls to get the elevator open, but the soldier quickly reported that the elevator wouldn't budge.

The humans were in heavy combat now, diving behind defensive barricades in the hanger, firing back on the Chimera, the high caliber rounds tearing through the Hybrids, quickly dispatching the more daring ones that had charged into the hanger.

The X-Ray unit was still messing with the controls, trying to get the elevator to come down so they could retreat, Sergeant Hale running over when he saw the soldier wasn't getting anywhere.

The Sergeant messed with the controls for a few seconds before turning to the X-Ray Squad Captain. "They've sealed the controls!"

The Captain cursed and reached for his radio, calling to his superiors to ask for support. Nearby, Lieutenant Cartwright was doing the same, calling to a Captain Rachel Parker, asking for reinforcements.

They had been told reinforcements had been dispatched to them and would be there soon, but as minutes went by, with no sign of reinforcements, and their ammo getting lower and lower, Cartwright called into his radio again, asking for status of the reinforcements.

The reinforcements, it turned out, were in need of reinforcements themselves, they were just a mere two blocks away, a company of infantry, supported by 3 Sabertooth tanks, but they had been intercepted by Chimeran reinforcements, 2 dropships arriving and blocking the Sabertooths in the street.

With no armored support, the infantry was not able to push forward, nor could they leave the tanks unprotected, so they were stuck there, going into the buildings, using rubble in the streets as cover, the tanks angling themselves to protect as much of the street as possible from fire.

With no support coming, the soldiers in the hanger were hopelessly trapped, the narrow entrance their only saving grace, the small doorway preventing the hybrids from flooding in and instantly overwhelming the defenders.

12