Resistance: Chimeran Allies Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Still, as the minutes dragged on, the constant fighting took its toll. Their platoon of 40 soldiers, plus the 5 X-Ray units, had been reduced down to around 20, there were few wounded, only 9 of them, the injured soldiers pulled away to the cover furthest away from the fighting.

As if to hammer that fact home, one of the X-Ray units raised his head up, preparing to fire, but he was intercepted by a Hybrid's Bullseye fire, a round hitting him in the face, his head knocking back as he collapsed to the ground, unmoving.

X-Ray 1, the Captain, and commander of the squad, had been right next to him, and as he looked over, he could already tell that the trooper was dead, blood pouring from his helmet. "Shit." He reached up to his vest. "Command, X-Ray 3 is KIA."

Their ammo was dwindling fast too, the X-Ray soldier looking down at the ground, seeing the pile of rounds and magazines lying on the ground. The ammo and magazines they carried were heavy, most soldiers opting to carry 8 to 10 magazines, each magazine holding 20 rounds. The rounds were heavy, and were adept at taking down Hybrids, 2 or 3 rounds being enough if you aimed your shots well.

The fighting had been going on for several minutes now though, and some of the soldiers were beginning to run out of ammo, the X-Ray soldier hearing a soldier next to him curse then duck down.

"I'm out of ammo!"

X-Ray 1 called to the British soldier, pulled out one of only 2 remaining magazines, and tossed it to the soldier. The two nations had decided long ago to use the same weapon and ammo, allowing resources to be shared with no difficulty at all.

"Thanks, mate." The British soldier nodded to him before releasing the spent magazine, letting it fall to the ground before reloading the fresh magazine.

The Captain then called out to everyone in the hanger. "Get ammo from the dead and wounded, make every round count!" It was a harsh order, but the dead had no more use for their weapons, X-Ray 1 turning towards his fallen comrade, resting his hand on his chest for a second before taking what ammo was left from the soldier.

The soldiers could mourn their fallen later, but they had to do what was necessary to make sure they did not join them.

The wounded British had also heard the order, one of the wounded was a Sergeant, and he quickly began rallying the soldiers around them, having them hand all of their ammo and grenades over to him, the Sergeant painfully crawling his way over to the defenders, as close as he safely could, tossing ammo to those who needed it.

"The buggers are charging!"

The X-Ray soldier looked up, seeing multiple Hybrids start pushing into the hanger. He quickly raised his rifle, using his left hand to pull the trigger of a grenade launcher mounted to the rifle. a 40mm grenade sailing through the air, landing in the doorway, sending the Hybrids flying, still, more quickly replaced them.

The soldier ducked back down, reloading the grenade launcher. He heard another puff of a launcher firing, then an explosion, and he looked up to see Sergeant Hale there, dropping back down, having just used his. There was another explosion nearby, X-Ray 2, a Sergeant, having just used his.

He jumped back up, firing another grenade launcher, the horde that had been trying to charge finally being destroyed, 30 Chimera lying dead on the ground all around. There were still Hybrids firing on them though, the creatures setting themselves up in the distance, and around the entrance to the hanger.

"I'm out of grenades!" Sergeant Hale called out, but as soon as he said that the wounded British Sergeant called out to him.

"Oy, yank, here!" He tossed something to him, the Sergeant quickly swiping it out of the air unnaturally fast, seeing it was a 40mm grenade. "That's the last one we've got! We've only got 3 hand grenades, and 5 magazines of ammo left too!"

X-Ray 1 fired on one Hybrid that had poked its head out, forcing the creature back to cover. His rifle clicked empty and he ducked back down behind his cover, pulling out his last magazine, reloading his rifle, then he pulled out the last 40mm grenade and loaded it into the launcher. He then called out to his squadmate."X-Ray 2, what have you got left?"

"I've got 2 magazines left! No grenades!" 2 grenades left for the launchers, it wouldn't be enough to stop another charge like the one that had just happened.

Lieutenant Cartwright ducked back behind cover to reload too. "I'm on my last magazine."

At the rate they were going, they wouldn't even last before another charge, most of the soldiers down to their last bullets. He looked at the wounded soldiers, seeing some of them had pistols, and they were pulling them out now, along with their knives. If it came down to hand to hand combat then that was it.

The Hybrids seemed to realize their precarious position too, no doubt noticing how the soldiers seemed to be taking more careful aim and firing only when a Hybrid revealed itself. Unlike the humans, the Hybrids had no shortage of ammo, the creatures being able to loot from their countless fallen comrades.

The Hybrids began to press the attack, pouring suppressing fire into the hanger, forcing the defenders into cover, allowing a few Hybrids to advance in.

The creatures charged, running towards a British soldier set up close to the doorway. The Hybrids closed the distance in seconds, the defenders having no chance to support the soldier. The soldier had noticed the charging Hybrids and raised his rifle, firing out rounds, 2 Chimera falling before they reached his position.

"Damn you!" The soldier had been holding a grenade in his hand, the explosive already primed, and as the Chimera pounced on him, he dropped the grenade. The Hybrids realised too late what had happened, 3 of the creatures launched away, landing on the ground in a heap.

1 Hybrid had been shielded by its other companions, the creature knocked away, but unwounded by the grenade, as it stood back up it was gunned down by a nearby soldier, the soldier quickly ducking back down and calling out. "I'm out of ammo!"

The hail of Bullseye fire was unyielding, the wounded Sergeant covering his head with his arm as fire pelted his position.

X-Ray 1 could hear the bullets hitting his cover too, thankfully the metal barriers they were using were more than capable of withstanding the barrage. He looked down at his vest, pulling out his last grenade, pulling the pin on it and throwing it towards the entrance. "Grenade out!" There were roars of alarm which quickly shifted to roars of pain as the grenade exploded, the Bullseye fire momentarily being lessened.

The wounded British Sergeant had his opportunity, and he tossed the remaining magazines to soldiers who quickly reloaded their rifles.

There were only 13 British soldiers left, Sergeant Hale, and the 4 X-Ray soldiers, and as they looked outside, they could see another dropship arriving, quickly dropping its pod.

"Damn it!" Cartwright quickly dropped down, reaching for his radio. "Parker! We can't last any longer, are there any reinforcements available anywhere?" Tense seconds went by, all the soldiers waiting for the response.

"I'm sorry, Cartwright, we can't get anyone to you." There was sorrow in her voice as she spoke.

"Copy that, Command." There was a hint of resignation in his voice, but he quickly steeled himself, addressing the soldiers. "Chaps, let's make 'em pay for every bloody inch!" As he said that he stood up, firing at one of the Hybrids running out of the pod, the bullet hitting it in the head.

With no hope of support arriving, and their ammo and remaining infantry reduced down so low, their chances of survival were insanely low. Every soldier here knew this, but Cartwright's short speech had invigorated them.

There was a chorus of affirmations from the soldiers, the men rising up to fire on the Chimera coming out of the drop pod in the distance. They might not make it out of here alive, but they were going to make sure they took more than a few Chimera with them.

There was probably 50 Chimera crammed into the pod, and as they charged, spraying fire towards the hanger, about 15 of them were cut down before they made it to cover. Their fire, while innaccurate, had still done its job, forcing some soldiers into cover, one British soldier taking a round to the shoulder, screaming as he collapsed to the ground.

X-Ray 5 was nearby, and he quickly picked up the soldier, dragging him away to the other wounded men, he then moved away to cover nearby, aiming his rifle out and firing a few shots.

The Chimera seemed to be waiting, a few of them could be seen in the distance, firing into the hanger, some were standing by the hanger doors, leaning in and spraying fire randomly into the building, quickly ducking back out as fire was returned back.

X-Ray 6 was taking cover a little ways away from the door, another British soldier next to him, they appeared to be coordinating, both of them pulling out grenades, priming them and quickly throwing them towards the door.

The grenades exploded, taking out the Hybrids near the doors. The firing ceased, an uneasy silence filling the air. X-Ray 2 ducked down, reloading his rifle, then popped back up, aiming his rifle at the doorway.

X-Ray 6 and the British soldier were the closest ones to the doorway, close enough to be able to hear the Chimera growling and grunting outside the doors. "Shit. They're forming up outside."

"Get ready, gents!"

A second later, multiple grenades were thrown into the hanger, the soldiers ducking down. Rather than use a typical explosive device as a grenade, the Chimera used little balls called Hedgehogs, instead of using shrapnel like most human grenades, these devices instead used spikes. After being thrown, the grenades would land on the ground, sitting there for a second before launching off the ground, quickly launching the spikes in all directions, having enough force to pin humans to walls.

Fortunately, the cover they were using was thick, the metal stopping the spikes, the soldiers quickly getting back up, already seeing Hybrids running into the hanger.

X-Ray 1 fired his grenade launcher into the horde, Sergeant Hale doing the same, 10 Hybrids being killed and more being launched away by the explosions. The first ones that had charged into the room hadn't been stopped though, and they were quickly running to X-Ray 6 and the other British soldier.

X-Ray 1 stood up, aiming his rifle, firing at the charging Hybrids, taking out 3 of them, his rifle clicking empty.

"Grenade!"

The Black Ops soldier looked to his right, seeing a Hedgehog grenade sitting 3 feet in front of him past his cover. He stared at it, almost in slow motion, watching it rise up, milliseconds away from sending multiple spikes into him.

12