Resistance: Chimeran Allies Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The fuckers swarmed us, sir. They blasted their way in with that Stalker, overwhelmed our tanks with those damn Augers. Had to be several hundred of them outside. Captain got shot in seconds, company retreated but we got cut off." His face took on a pained look. "There were 15 of us just a few minutes ago, now it's just us 4."

"And then those damn Angels. They flew right past us, we couldn't do anything more than fire a few rounds at them before we had to run." The Ranger was checking his ammo pouches, X-Ray 4 seeing that most of them were empty, the same could be said for most of the Rangers near them.

They ducked down a bit more, Bullseye fire sailing overhead, striking the Titan, the creature letting out a bellow, turning her massive weapon at the advancing Hybrids. A shot rang out and a group of Hybrids were destroyed or launched away by the blast.

X-Ray 4 looked up, seeing the Hybrids had gotten past the abandoned forward defenses, the Titan's round obliterating the machine guns that were set up there, the Hybrids denied the use of them. They were still pelting the defenses though, X-Ray 4 seeing an Advanced Hybrid get knocked back as a round hit its armor, spasming as it fell to the ground, landing on its heatstacks.

"Keep firing! Do not let them get close!" X-Ray 1 aimed his rifle, using his grenade launcher on the enemy, a Hybrid exploding when the round hit it, the ones nearby getting coated red and pelted by shrapnel.

The machine guns near them were going nonstop, only stopping to reload, X-Ray 4 seeing heat wafting off of the barrels. The emplacements were protected by clear shields, and the Bullseyes were not strong enough to pierce the armor, just leaving scores on the glass where they hit.

There were gaps in the cover though, and X-Ray 4 heard a Hybrid let out a groan, falling to the ground as a bolt slammed into its gut. It clutched its wound and X-Ray 4 went over to the Hybrid, pulling it away from the gun, letting another man the weapon.

"Shit!" He kept low, reaching out to a pile of Sym-Bac containers nearby, opening it as he had seen the Hybrids do before. The Hybrid was clenching its fists, groaning, but it moved its hands away, letting the soldier pour the material into its wound.

He turned away, aiming his rifle back down his hallway, his eyes widening as he looked over at the Stalker. "They're trying to man that Stalker!" He took aim at a Hybrid that had just finished pulling the dead operator out of the seat, firing before it could get in.

"Do not let them get that thing back up!"

The Titan was trying to take the Stalker out, but there were too many Hybrids between them, the shots hitting them instead of the Stalker.

Another Hybrid was climbing onto the Stalker, X-Ray 4 taking aim, the creature recoiling as the round hit it in the shoulder. "Fuck!" He took aim again, setting his sights on its face, needing to get the shot off before the hatch closed on it.

A Bullseye round flew towards him, the soldier flinching, raising his rifle up as he turned his head away. He grunted, falling to the ground, his eyes wide as he looked down at his chest. The bullet had hit his rifle, the weapon destroyed.

He looked over, seeing the Type-2 ducking down, glancing at him, and he felt himself get dragged against a barrier, seeing that it was the Hybrid that he had helped earlier.

"The Stalker's getting up, someone take it- Shit, take cover!"

He heard the whistle of a missile sailing towards them, and he turned his face towards the barrier, covering his head. An explosion rang out, and he heard a pained roar come from the Titan, looking up to see a chunk of flesh had been blown out of her chest.

Another missile sailed towards her, the Titan raising up her weapon in an attempt to block it. The missile slammed into the weapon, the Titan falling to the ground as her weapon exploded.

He pulled his pistol out, aiming it down the hallway, letting off shots at the now emboldened Hybrids, watching Auger rounds sail towards the Stalker again. It was too slow though, the Stalker launching another missile just before the rounds penetrated it.

It hit the center of the defense line, X-Ray 4 getting launched away, his pistol flying away as he slammed against the wall, several Hybrids also being launched away.

He coughed, raising his head in pain, seeing the Type-2 had also been launched away by the explosion, and she was crawling towards a Bullseye lying on the ground. His ears were ringing, he could hardly hear anything. He looked to X-Ray 1, seeing him stand up, raising his rifle up.

A hail of Bullseye rounds flew into him before he could get a single round off, X-Ray 4's eyes widening as he watched his commander fall to the ground. A Hybrid pulled him away, but X-Ray 4 could see that he was completely limp.

He looked around for his pistol, but it was gone, so he grabbed a Bullseye lying on the ground. He was still lying on the ground, and he raised the weapon up, firing at a Hybrid that was fast approaching.

The defenders were trying to recover, X-Ray 4 seeing an Advanced Hybrid get on a machine gun that hadn't been destroyed, but it was only able to get a few shots off before it slumped to the ground, riddled with bullet holes.

They were getting too close now, the Stalker giving the perfect opportunity for the Hybrids to push forward. He pulled out a grenade, throwing it at the rapidly approaching horde, his eyes widening as a Hybrid jumped over the barricade he was hiding behind, landing on top of him.

It tore his rifle out of his hands, the soldier trying to defend himself, raising his hands as the Hybrid raised its own, splaying its hand wide as it brought it down. It hit him hard in the chest, the wind getting knocked out of him as the claws dug into the chest plate. It dragged its fingers down, ripping the kevlar apart, the steel plate the only thing saving the human from being torn apart.

The Hybrid let out a roar, grabbing his shoulders, the man raising his hands up to the Hybrid's face as it tried to sink its teeth into his neck. Its claws were digging into his shoulders, the man letting out a scream as it dragged its claws across his left shoulder, down the side of his chest, tearing the skin as it went.

He faltered, his grip on the Hybrid weakening, pulling a hand away from its face to grab at the one that was digging into his side. His other arm got roughly grabbed, the Hybrid crushing his wrist with its iron grip as it pinned his arm to the ground, nothing protecting him from the creature anymore.

The sound of a Reaper Carbine rang out, X-Ray 4 seeing bullets pierce through the Hybrid on top of him, the creature's grip loosening. He pushed it away with his right hand, the creature falling limply to the side. He groaned, closing his eyes as he clutched the side of his chest, looking to see the blood pooling on the ground.

He looked back, seeing the Slipskull from earlier running forward, the Hardfang and several other Hybrids behind him. They were firing into the horde of Chimera that were overwhelming the defenses, pushing them back. He felt hands on him and then he was being dragged away, cursing as the movement made his wounds hurt even more.

He heard a loud roar and he looked up, seeing one of the Angels had also shown up. She tossed several poison spikes into the enemies, the Hybrids coughing and falling to the ground as these ones released a toxic cloud of gas.

He was dragged down the stairs and he could see no more of the fighting, his wounds screaming in agony as he slid down them. He looked up to the doorway, seeing multiple other Hybrids and two of the Rangers being dragged out. The Angel was the last to get through, two Hybrids clutched in her tentacles, and then the door was sealed.

He tried to look around for his squadmates and the Type-2, but there was too much activity, too many Hybrids running around, and the pain in his side was too much. He leaned his head back, his face in a grimace as his rescuer tore his uniform open around where the wound was, pouring Sym-Bac into it.

He sat there, his eyes still closed, even as the pain went away and his wounds healed, the Hybrid eventually grabbing him by the shoulder, pulling him up and looking at his visor, letting out a low growl.

"Ugh. Ya, I'm fine. Thanks." He took in a breath, slowly standing up to his feet.

He looked around, spotting the Type-2 on the ground, being aided by another Hybrid, the man's eyes widening as he quickly made his way over to her. She saw him approaching and he could see a lot of the tension from her body instantly go away.

She had taken a hit to her chest, and he could see a mark on her left bracer where a round seemed to have hit it too. "I could see you getting attacked. I tried to help, but one of them shot me. I thought you were going to die." She looked away as she said that, ashamed that she had failed to protect him.

He sat down next to her, the Hybrid closing her eyes as the Hybrid tending to her walked away, her wounds now completely healed up.

"It looks like the Rangers finished setting the explosives." He could see countless explosives set up on the reactor, they seemed to have used everything they had. He looked around, seeing there were now only 3 Rangers left, Sergeant Hale, Osborne, and another one whose name he didn't know. He looked for his squad, but he grew worried when he noticed there were none of his squadmates in the area.

He took in a heavy breath. "Where's... Where's my squad?" He looked to the Type-2, who opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated, looking away from him, the Hybrid's look enough to let him know what had happened.

He let out a sigh, leaning his head down, just staring for a second before he took in his own state. His chest rig had been torn to pieces by the Hybrid who had attacked him, his brow furrowing as he reached up to where his radio was, seeing that the lines had been severed. He grabbed the device, looking at it for a second before tossing it aside, the item far too gone to be useful to him.

A pair of boots appeared at his feet and he looked up, seeing it was Sergeant Hale. "Come on, it's time to go." He offered a hand to the soldier, and X-Ray 4 took it, surprised by the strength of the Ranger as he was pulled to his feet.

The Type-2 stood up too, and they looked over at the sealed doorway, hearing the Bullseye fire pelting it.

"The demolition team set up a 5 minute timer on those explosives, we have to get out of here before it goes off."

X-Ray 4 turned to see several Hybrids making their way towards an exit on the far end of the hanger. The Titan and one of the Angels were leading the way, though the Titan had no weapon left. He noted that the Titan seemed to have been healed, the wounds she had taken in the fight now healed up.

Sergeant Hale reached up to his radio. "5 minutes until tower detonation, we're evacuating now."

They made their way to the exit, X-Ray 4 seeing the Type-2 sparing one last glance at the room before she followed him through the exit.