All Comments on 'Respect Ch. 01'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 171 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

Having a McMansion isn't by itself a bad thing, but if it's FAR more than they need, is purchased over the objections of one partner, and causes financial disagreements, then it's a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well written. Interesting storyline with good character development. Looking forward to the next section.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow! Great stuff so far and what a way to leave you hanging at the end. I'll be waiting anxiously for the next installment.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

A good start and quite compelling read, I ejoyed it so far but I do have some reservations, the main one being Cassie: I understand her being ambitious but for a supposedly intelligent woman she seems pretty stupid, surely anybody with half a brain cell could see what the scumbag Ted, is up to? She somehow believes he's interested in her career and even seeks his advice regarding her marriage, not only that but she, on more than one occasion considers having an affair with him. Yet when he makes his move she acts as though its completely unexpected, is she really that dumb?

At the moment it appears that we'll see a reconciliation, but who knows? I believe they deserve another chance although the author has laid a foundation for Andy and Maria to get it on. Personally I hope they don't. At the moment Andy seems a good guy, it'd be a shame to spoil it by having Maria fall for him "because he's such a living Saint and his wife's a slut who doesn't deserve him, besides he's also a wonderful lover and the man she's been looking for all her life," you know what I mean. I also think we could play more on Cassie and Ted, so far the little background conspiracy and a brief unsuccessful seduction seems rather paltry within the context of the story.

One other thing is the jumping between the first person pov's. It tends to read like somebody giving a report or interview. I think it'd be more emotional and work better with one first person pov, and the rest from the third person. But that's just my opinion and not advice to the author.

Overall pretty good and I'll be watching to see the outcome.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Great beginning, hope you get the second part published real quick because I can't stand when there is so much of a time gap in the parts that you forget some of the smaller details of the story. Personally I would rather read a 10 or 12 page story then read two, 5 or 6 page published stories that could have been published as a single unit.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
It is nice to read a story with a strong male character

Not the usual LW Cuck-crap

groesbeek63groesbeek63almost 3 years ago

They have a holiday in Mexico and her firm has also there a conference??

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for taking time to give us some entertainment.

.

I very much enjoyed it and am looking forward to the second installment. I like that you left us in a cliffhanger and frankly I didn't anticipate it which I very much like.

.

5*

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

That’s a really good start to your story. Everything you put in this chapter makes me want to read more. I really want to see Ted put in his place by Maria and maybe his wife. I’m not sure how I feel about Cassie’s future with Andy, though I do hope that she and the kids are ok. I’m going to read my good Democrat Capitalist JohnnyADP’s comment to see what I missed , just wait for chapter 2.

firedog451firedog451almost 3 years ago

Great story, hell of a place to stop. Can't wait for the ending.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Andy deserves to be happy with ms Shivers… wifey has gone down the toilet

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OK, great plot. Decent character development. OK? But your writing style is very repetitious and tedious. You have your characters repeating the same concept and concerns over and over, using different words and formats, but its still the same potatoes cooks 14 different ways. It got so bad that eventually I hoped that she was fucking Ted, that the husband was an alcoholic loser, and that the kids were fathered by some other man. Why not go Grand Slam on all the LW cliche's? Surly Ted was video taping his seduction so he could black mail her for sex.

And the way you have the characters' values and attitudes either lingering for years without confrontation and explanation, or suddenly turning on a dime with no great event or inducement makes the unfolding story look silly. So now all the good guys will look like heroes fighting the drug cartel assassins, and all the assholes (Ted) will look like wimps and losers. Of course Cassie and Ted should end up in a Mexican Whore House and Andy and Maria should end up married and raising Andy's kids, then Maria's and Andy's kids. Oh, would that be too obvious? Why worry about obviousness now after all the other standard plot devices and cliche's used?

I hope it gets better, and will wait to rate the finished product. Good luck with it, and thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He has woman issues, her abilities, his inability, toooooooo much drama. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

RePhilRePhilalmost 3 years ago

Rating changed from 5 stars to 1 star due to non published 2nd chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

A very good chapter 1, thanks.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 3 years ago

@Sbrooks, I’ll use almost your exact words regarding McMansion to him unilaterally deciding to “chase his dreams.”

CHASING YOUR DREAMS isn't by itself a bad thing, but if it's LESS INCOME than they need, is DONE over the objections of one partner, and causes financial disagreements, then it's a problem

mainer42mainer42almost 3 years ago

well done as is your way, waiting for the shoe to drop

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Enjoyed it

Great start, looking forward to next chapter.

ThomasTheSkepticThomasTheSkepticalmost 3 years ago

Well written, credible characters. Looking forward to chapter 2.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Her disrespect was enough for a divorce. Being seduced by Ted was the icing on the cake!!!

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 3 years ago

The wife having an epiphany, even though very late, is a positive spin on what is usually a sad familiar tale. Good story so far.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

good story so far and a little action and excitement coming......................

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

An excellent read.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Did Maria fuck Roger Ailes to become a star at Fox like the other bimbos?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@johnadp So divorce him. Why did she bother with the disrespect and cheating. Just divorce her husband and move on.

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
WHEN WILL PEOPLE WHO LOOK AT THE GRASS NEXT DOOR REMEMBER

though it may look greener because of all the manure used and taller because they forgot to do their lawn mowing maintenance. TK U MLJ LV NV

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

You are lousy writer. You have few major problems that you will not be able to overcome. You are making your characters black-and-white one dimensional to the point of cliché which is also how you are referring to careers. For example, on multiple occasions "Andy" is claiming that "Cassie" will never be a partner because she does not have it in her. Yet somehow "Ted" and "Fred" made it even though "Andy" has low opinion of them too (of course "Ted" is the "black" character so it has to be that way). The irony of this is apparently lost on you as a writer.

That indicates you do not have a talent to make a great writer but then again maybe you can still write interesting stuff. But your second major problem is the drivel writing (aka useless paragraphs) that you put into plot, instead of developing plot. This story is, for example, way too long what you have in it. The relentless drivel of arguing between wife and husband could be realistic in terms of real marriage but the readers do not need to be subjected to relentless writing about that. That is what I call drivel writing.

Can you improve? Well, I doubt because I don't think you have a talent to overcome that drivel writing and replace it with character and plot development above clichés you are using.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars for part one....

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 2 years ago

I tried to send a comment to dark2donut2 as this individual has a lot to say about other authors stories on this site. He /she should be banned as he /she will not accept mail from people hiding annonomousley. I did not want to be anonymous but was denied from contacting this individual. COWARD!!! How ever you are you should be banned from making comments as you have yet to write a story of your own.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I like the story a lot. I will see how it ends before final judgement. AAAA+++

JohnSimmsJohnSimmsover 2 years ago

I do not know where the story goes from here but Andy and Cassie have made a mess of their marriage. They both have been obstinate and obtuse. Andy is being portrayed as this nice guy put upon by his stubborn wife. Although she is written as a cartoon LW character, Andy is no prize. They romanced and married each other both expecting to work the partnership track. When Andy changed and was unable to get his wife to agree with his new choice, he cast her adrift emotionally. She of course being shallow was vulnerable to Ted. Why didn't Andy seek counseling for he and his wife (and family) during the two years of growing enmity? Of course, that's not why we read LW...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cassie may have screwed her life up and not be able to fix it. Shame, but she's too ignorant to see the forest for the trees...

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

She was a bitch, but he was just as pathetic. He assumed she washing an affair we all know ass u me often makes an ass of u and me and it did in this instance. I think it may be made right in the next chapter

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Excellent so far, will see if that continues on in chapter 2⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5, despite portraying media personalities as anything out than ignoramus news readers with high "Q" scores (audience approval/attraction). Thank goodness the media bimbo isn't Maria Shriver because she is neither very attractive nor terribly smart. /sarc/

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

like the back and forth thoughts of the two of them. Is Cassie finally seeing the light?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He assumed she was having an affair. Because she was. It only got more physical and she was fine with the guy giving her a hand job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LoL Hubby nothing happened I just made out with him for a little bit and he stroked me to an orgasm surely you can't hold that over me?

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Did the wife really wake up? Think she can convince her husband that nothing happened? Who knows? Good story, as always these stories point out there are some really dumb women out there and probably an equal number of dumb men. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She cheated,!

Mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Super story. Like the two POV’s being given. Great to see into the mind of a disrespectful spouse. The delusional thoughts and actions that are used to rationalize their erratic behavior always has escaped me. How they cannot see what reality is is just nuts.

Great piece. Looking forward to the next part. John

BlueHemiBlueHemiabout 2 years ago

Fantastic story so far!

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story, so far, but I am withholding a rating until after reading the rest.

(I've read too many that started like gangbusters, only to fizzle at the end. And I already notice that ratings have dropped somewhat for the second chapter.)

We'll see......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Seemingly to the author a handjob and an emotional affair is nothing ,at least to his character. As in to her Ted just made a pass and she rebuffed lol. You rebuff before the handjob and kissing then you can say nothing happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The wife's actions in that hotel room are technically adultery. Maybe forgivable but the author seems to dismiss them as flirtation. Good setup story for next part. The politics gets annoying.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Respect really when your doing everything except fucking a guy that's not your husband that's not a matter of respect it's total disregard for your Marriage, typical Cuckbait.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

mmmmm not bad but waiting for it to get to the point and sex, this is after all “ Literotica”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story, Thank you.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81over 1 year ago

Any place or context where Maria Shivers pops up, things end in chaos... This is apparently no different!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing happened I just let him feel me up and finger f**ck me. Then I left. So see .nothing happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Riviting story!!

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

In situations like this the cheating is inconsequential the fact his wife treated him like shit and was already out the door emotionally as well as physically just begs the question why would you take the cunt back are you really that fucking pathetic😂😂😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read this one before, it's a good adventure romp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing happened, just some tongue deep depth kissing and his fingers in her pussy…….and OH!…….it only gave her a single orgasm…..its not like she came three times, just the once…..NO NOTHING HAPPENED. R. H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cassie:

"What a stupid fool I had been. I suddenly saw that everything Andy had told me was true. Thank God I had stopped in time."

===> well except for the problem of being in the Ted's hotel room while intoxicated, kissing him back, letting him fondle your tits as he laid her back on his bed, then slipped his finger in her vagina and then gave her a small orgasm; otherwise yeah Cassie totally stopped on time. To be fair, the physical act is the least of the issues in their marriage, merely a symptom, not the cause. Her blatant disrespect and her emotional.affair with Ted with the promise of making Partner are the bigger, more salient issues. Ultimately forgivable? Perhaps. Reconcilable? Damn hard, especially with the emotional affair. Not impossible depending on circumstances, counseling, and owning up to her problems, but even then most times would lead to a divorce or at least a separation. Of course Chapter 2 has so many extreme adventure elements that all of those problems get papered over. Still an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He should divorce the disrespectful bitch Cassie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
"The Federalist"

yea I'm gonna stop here...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written, tight plot with relatable characters. His poor wife, pathetic person that she is in for even worse shocks to come I suspect.

To anonymous 2 months ago.

"The Federalist" I'll stop reading right here."

Really? You must be extraordinarily ignorant, simply hate the USA.

This paper was instrumental in the construction of the Constitution upon which this Republic was based. I wonder, would you be happier if it were Karl Marx Chairman Maos little RED Book?

This below for your edification:

The Federalist Papers was a collection of essays written by John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton in 1788. The essays urged the ratification of the United States Constitution, which had been debated and drafted at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

To anonymous 2mo ago. Sorry, but anyone should realize the sure is NOT taking about this guy writing the federal papers in r1700s given this is a modern story. The author was talking about him writing for the federalist society or the federalist website, both ultra right. Agree or disagree with the author or the person posting but be realistic and honest. Other than being named after the papers, the group and site are not the same as the papers if great import to passing the constitution, and they are by no means middle of the road politically.

On the story... Agree with those disturbed that returning a kiss, allowing him to finger her without resisting was not considered cheating. Odd. Maybe forgiveable with time but certainly not innocent.... She may have come around but she sure let it go to fast, and admitted she considered cheating as well.... With a married man no less.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lol all the commenters getting their knickers in a twist over a load of rightwing slop. He's writing for a fox news presenter, so he's a comic book propagandist, not an intelligent, insightful analyst.

Personably I've ignored who he's writing for as it diminishes the actual story, which isn't too bad in terms of comedy of errors and fragile male egoist.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Cassie cheated. There's no doubt about that. Making out with another man, and getting fingered by another man is cheating. She did our boy Andy dirty.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c17 months ago

I don't understand how her job and his assignment brought them to same hotel in Mexico city? Decent story but that is headscratcher.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story.

Please consider writing a book !

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good start, interesting set up with the not quite cheating wife and the career choices and subsequent conflicts. Not sure that the wife would be earning that much without being a junior partner. The road to a full partnership would be primarily based upon billable hours and the amount of clients she brings to table, it's very much a sales and customer care part that defines success. So not really sure why she'd think that Ted could ever help her if she wasn't killing it in those two areas. You never get partnership just because someone likes you, at least not in a successful firm. And you have to buy in, so she'd need quite a bit of ready cash at hand, so perhaps not the best time to be impoverished by a needless divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How could someone be so blind to what's really going on, just for the sake of a little career advancement? And this is a lawyer, a supposedly intelligent person? Yikes! I wouldn't trust someone this foolish with any cases. Someone that can be so blind to obvious happenings around her, especially in her own damn life. Not a chance!

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

This is a great start. I don’t care what she says, she’s been having an emotional affair for a while and last night even though she stopped it, it was too late and the physical one happened as well.

StruckwrongStruckwrong25 days ago

Making out and heavy petting is not "nothing" with someone not your spouse , It's cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Intriguing. Four solid stars for part one.

/

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous