Responsibility Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Was that so? Rahela's eyelids tightened, and she turned her head back just enough to look back at Ammas, her most diligent bodyguard. The confidence in his visage told her he'd heard of a similar concept from gossip. Rahela felt foolish for not paying as much attention to that, but she truly had been recently stressed.

Then again, everything had moved on as if nothing like that had happened. Even Princess Tuya had continued with her depressed, irritable personality with no more or less of a change.

The Emperor's voice came again. "I might be bored. We'll have a walk for a moment."

Her fingers almost reflexively tightening on her reins, Rahela turned her head back to the man so she could see him slow his horse down, and everyone had to follow his lead, herself included. When he stopped, everyone else stopped. Then the Emperor dismounted but kept the reins in one hand to gently guide the creature. Rahela imitated him, although she took a moment to pet Ureche's pretty spotted coat. Behind them, their attendants and bodyguards remained mounted but kept a very gradual pace.

Silently gesturing for Rahela to move in closer, His Majesty still held his pleasant smile. He often moved his eyes away from the path to look down at her, which made Rahela wonder if he was finally freeing himself of his sadness from the miscarriage, finally thinking of something more carnal again. Perhaps he'd want some time alone with her among the trees?

Aaaannnddd ...

His Majesty began telling stories again. More war stories about himself.

When the man had to stop talking and take a sip of water from a flask, Rahela wondered if he was finished. Once he had his flask put away, he reached over to snatch up one of her long braids, right at the bound tuft. Rahela almost tripped from surprise.

He gave her a few quick tugs. Then he dropped the hair. The braid swung a bit as they moved on. Rahela's cheeks heated as her lips pursed.

The group continued on this way. Aside from His Majesty occasionally reaching for and then pulling on Her Majesty's hair, nothing of importance happened.

Eventually, the Emperor announced that they should head back to the castle's keep.

Rahela was disappointed that nothing seemed to come of this outing. Her head was still high all the way back, though. A butterfly happened to land on her wrist as she was leading her mule back to the stable boys. The Emperor made a noise in his throat that was nearly a laugh. Then he remarked, "That one must love the scent of bacon grease."

"Perhaps My Lord's scent had been left on me," Rahela said without truly thinking much on her words. "Compared to me, you're much sweeter for the nose."

She heard him snicker. It sounded as if he almost coughed as it happened. Then she felt him pat her shoulder a bit heavily, and he said, "Not knowing whether you've tried to flatter me or not is quite amusing."

Rahela knew she shouldn't be hopeful, but her belly did squirm and her legs tingled much more than they should've have after a good ride and a walk.

In her lovely bathing chamber, Rahela had a good soak with a meal. Her little sister and ladies-in-waiting stayed with her. The female bodyguard sat on a stool near the exit. Rahela considered having the two newer bodyguards gently and honorable dismissed from their positions. As dependable as they were, they didn't seem capable of dealing with the more scheming kinds of threats. However, after a thoughtful moment, in which she pretended to listen to Gabi go on about how sweet a particular tart was, she decided against it. It was better to have all defenses available, even those that seemed useless.

Some chambermaids were combing her drying hair out in her bedchamber when someone knocked. Yana answered and found the Emperor's tiny page, Zorig. Rahela heard his shy voice, but most of the words her muted to her hears. A moment or so later, Yana walked over to Rahela and said, "Huh ... his ... His Majesty wants to se ... see you."

Eagerly, Rahela's fingers pulled up some long ribbons and she said, "I must have my hair styled. Hurry."

They even put pretty cases with stained glass panels over the tufts.

The meeting place was the Emperor's opulent bedchamber, and Rahela was relieved to see that there were no attendants nor servants in the area. She even walked around, discreetly looking in every direction and corner for anyone that could ruin a carnal moment.

It was only logical that she eventually found the Emperor. He was sitting on the balcony with a little table near him, carving soap into tiny cubes, letting those cubes fall into a bucket, although many seemed to refuse that and took the cold floor instead.

Stopping before the seated man, Rahela bowed and said, "Your wife is here, Your Majesty. How would you prefer to be served?"

As the knife's point nearly skated by a part of the man's hand that had a suspicious bandage, the Emperor kept his eyes down to focus on his possibly cathartic work. "Some time ago," he said, "I had the former General Anisim banished."

"Yes My Lord." Rahela didn't even smile. "We're all quite aware of that."

Brushing an excess of tiny soap bits off his hand, he continued with, "Have you imagined that I had him investigated?"

"Yes. I've imagined so."

"Have you imagined that, concerning that crime, I haven't received any useful information?"

With a light shake of her head, Rahela answered, "I haven't imagined such a thing."

"Then I shall tell you what the former General had told me." He had a rough piece of soap left, almost a diamond-like shape. A fingernail dug into one side, which might not have been safe. "Whoever used him to poison you must have great power, enough power to move against me even under my own sight."

Rahela layered her hands close to the belt at her waist and stopped herself from sighing. "The first suspect would naturally be myself. Certainly, even if I had no immunity, I could trick someone to put an attempt on my life. What I could gain from such a thing, I'm not certain, but if I did have something to gain I might do such a thing."

Putting the knife onto his table, His Majesty said very calmly said, "I don't suspect you. I've even warned you that I might lead someone to poisoning you. I'm more to blame than you could be."

Rahela almost smiled as she watched his fingers begin to break the last piece of soap that hadn't been carved into tiny pieces. "Your Majesty, I'm quite grateful to know I'm not a bar of play soap in your hands."

His fingers tensed even when, aside from a dusting here or there, no more visible soap was on his hands. Those fingers tightly closed when he next spoke. "That time ago, when my mother fell from her horse, did you wonder if someone had put an evil hand in the stables beforehand?"

Nodding, Rahela replied, "I'd thought that could've been the true reason for the tragedy. When I found no firm evidence for such a thought, I reminded myself that animals are often unpredictable. The mare could've been frightened by some peculiar thing, or she might've been unwell."

She turned her head to look at one of the decorations on the wall, a sparkling sword. "It matters little. The enemy could've simply realized the accident was a fine opportunity. Perhaps they didn't even use a plan once the Empress Dowager was injured. Perhaps they waited to see if her health would deteriorate, and would only utilize their plan if time failed them. As of now, I can't find an ending for that path."

"We might find an ending to this path we walk on," the Emperor said as he brushed his palms against each other, moving soap dust away, or that's what Rahela thought she heard. It was so fleshy. "Then another path," he said, "a calmer one."

Rahela looked back to him. He rose from his seat and towered over her. Rahela thought she saw a hint of his wild and frightening side. His eyes seemed to twitch as if they were ready to pop into giddy madness.

He reached out, palm up. Fingers a bit open.

As docile as she often was, Rahela put her hand in his.

His fingernails touched her skin so lightly.

"We'll have children, Little Bacon," he said as he gave the gentlest pull on her. Rahela wasn't quickly tugged to him. She was instead carefully taken. When she was held to his front, his hand now on her back, his voice lowered. "We'll have to be more diligent."

He petted her shoulder. It was a comfortable feeling. Rahela didn't want to think that, but it was. She told herself it was only because there was a fair chance that the Emperor had soothed his wounds enough, a chance that he was ready for another attempt.

She tried to hold her eyes away when that warm hand went to her cheek. She smelled plain soap. The hand moved again and took one of her plaits. That was used almost as a leash, guiding her as he walked on.

Up to the stone platform that bore the bed's great weight. Rahela's shoe must've been loosened by a naughty lace, because her foot unexpectedly slipped and she nearly tripped away. She didn't even have time to gasp, because her husband immediately caught her waist.

Her eyes closed and her face pressed even more into him as they fell through the curtains, although she might not have called it falling. This was intentional, after all. Still, she couldn't have thought of a different word if she'd been asked.

Taking a portion of her sleeve, he pulled her, slid her up. Rahela needed no more coaxing to tilt her head back, although her eyes were still shut.

There was a touch on her throat, on one side, and that touch moved up to her jaw as a kiss was put on her lips.

Yes. Yes!

Her fingernails were digging into his tunic. Her breath rushed through her body. She inhaled his sharp scents. After a few short moments, she was tasting him. Memories of past kisses rained through her heart, and she had to groan.

She shouldn't look back on such things with ...

What was it? Longing?

Why would she even feel that way? Kisses weren't exactly what she needed. They were only for pleasing him, so he'd have more enjoyment. Yes, that's what it was. Another way to have him eager to plant more seeds for heirs.

He was holding her soon, his arms snugly wrapped around her. She felt the cases on her hair clatter against each other between their bodies. They clacked onto his belt too. She almost worried the glass decorations would break. Her veil was folded in unpleasant angles. Her short headdress was in a similar plight.

All the movement paused for a moment. Rahela's toes twitched and her lips thinned out as they were left alone. No more kisses. A bolt of consternation had her wriggling about, but she was still held.

"Hm?" That was her husband. His little noise puffed in his chest, which pressed into her. "Ah, such an endearing little creature." She felt his breath on her brow. He let his lips brush her right there. Smooth and warm. "Have you remembered me well?"

Silence seemed to be the most prudent option.

"Hmmmm?" His embrace loosened and one of his arms moved down. "Are you impatient?"

Of course she was! This had to be done!

He had her skirts yanked up quickly. He even tucked some of the fabric into her belt. "Don't hurry. We have no reason to." He reached back up for her gown's back, which had some sneaky laces holding it firm. His fingers plucked up at the long and free remainder, and then he was revealing most of it, giving her body more space. "How can I savor my time with you if we only take a small amount?"

He pulled her gown down, past her shoulders, even past her bosom, all the way to her abdomen. Only the chemise was hiding her skin, and it was a little thin. She felt no cold, however. The weather had been warm and there was a huge lump of heat clinging to her.

"My lovely wife has a body that suits me well," he murmured as he put a palm down to her bosom, pressing against the fabric.

A warm feeling, a tingling and pulling feeling. Rahela exhaled and tried to bury her face in the bedclothes, and that man's clothes too. She even wanted to bury her face in his warmth, but she didn't want to believe that. She still hated him. Why wouldn't she hate him?

This was all his doing.

If not for him, none of this would be happening.

Behind her chemise, her nipple was rising, loving the firm but gentle movements. Her breast was soon pleasantly kneaded. The simple pleasure even thinned out and spread down her belly, giving her delicate tremors.

"Ah, Little Bacon? You're not fond of squealing as a piglet would, but I think you're so charming when that happens."

Well that had her squirming, trying to free herself from the man. She didn't want to leave. She only wanted to escape that embrace for a moment, perhaps to try a different one. For some reason that current one was too embarrassing for her.

The Emperor wouldn't allow that.

But he did change his method for a moment.

He left her breasts alone and kept her close. Then, laughing, making her flinch and truly squeal as he seemed to have wanted, he started rolling around on the mattress. It was silly. It was child-like. Rahela was protesting in a crass way, not even using words. She kicked as much as she could too, but that didn't matter. He might not have felt much from her little blows.

When the Emperor finally stopped the ridiculous tumbling, and stopped most of his laughing too, Rahela found herself on top of him. The torso beneath her was still jolting from a few half-chuckles when his arms loosened and she was able to sit up.

She was panting, and she noticed the man's face was darker, almost a burned red color, especially around his cheeks. His eyes were dazed, nowhere near as crazed as she'd assumed they would be. The lines around his smile looked nearly fluid. It was such a comfortable smile.

Under her weight, she felt more than just a fine tunic over a warm and breathing body. Something with a rounded tip was poking up, and she was far too educated and experienced to not know what it was. Coyly putting a hand to her lips and looking away, or she hoped she was being coy, Rahela moved her legs and hips in what was meant to be a more than suggestive way. She even gasped when she felt a little twitch from the man.

Again, he was laughing again. This time it was slower and weaker. Her teeth pressed together when he rocked his hips up, sending a little lightning bolt through her. It made her gasp again. "Come," he said as he suddenly took her hips in his hands.

Rahela tried to help him, but when she was closer to his chest he suddenly made an odd gesture with his hands and said, "Spin around. Face away from me."

That was slightly difficult for her to figure out, but she moved her legs almost as an insect or arachnid might do and turned herself around. The end result had her facing the same direction as her husband's stocking and shoe covered feet. Her legs were out in the open. Her plaits were already a little messy.

Her flesh was hot. Her breath was rough. She didn't think she could ever become truly accustomed to such a state, and here she was in an odd and backwards position. It was strange, but she supposed it wasn't the strangest thing in the world.

One of the Emperor's hands put a light tap on her hip. "Pull my tunic's skirts up, and untie my braies from my stockings."

Rahela's brain was misty and foggy as she obeyed. It wasn't until she was being told to slide his now free braies down his thighs that she had a vague idea as to what was about to happen. At that point, there was another shift in position. He pushed her body back down his length just a bit as he seemed to kick himself into a sitting position, keeping himself propped with the headboard and a stack of pillows.

"Stretch out and down."

Again, she obeyed, letting her belly down and partially supporting herself with an elbow. She was able to reach out with her arms on the man's thighs and knees if she wanted to.

A hand of his was on her thigh. The other had its fingers on her backside, the tips reaching into the cleft. Rahela flinched, but she had no reason to complain. She found her husband's penis and lightly gripped it. It wasn't as hard as stone just yet, but there was some tension there. His little exclamation sounded with the twitch she soon felt in her hand. "Ah! That's what I want," he said. "Go on."

Some of his fingertips glided up and down her labia. Almost reflexively, Rahela gripped the penis a bit tighter for a moment. She let her thumb straighten and touch the ridge under the head. A little more, the man's organ hardened a little more, and she felt a few taps on her clitoris. Rahela made a noise like a squawking bird. Then, as she heard the man laugh even more, she coughed and tried to pretend that hadn't happened.

Then, the fairly predictable but still thrilling thing happened. One of the Emperor's long fingers pressed in, slinking onto that womanly path.

Rahela whined at the tightness there. Then, once she calmed herself a bit, she imagined that her dry hand wouldn't do well on the penis it held. Moisture was recommended. Licking her lips as swiftly as she could, as if she could've been seen and she didn't want anyone to assume she was enjoying the moment, Rahela lowered her head and put her lips to the organ's soft tip. The man's finger curled right against a certain spot inside her, and she moaned into him.

His voice was grainier. "Ahhhhh. There's a tender little one."

Ignoring the jolt in her belly, Rahela sunk down, putting more of the growing erection into her mouth. The salty taste was there, exactly as she'd expected. She had to use both arms to keep herself up at this moment. She couldn't cover all of the organ. It was just too big, just too much. However, she knew the Emperor didn't care. He loved the attention.

The next few minutes weren't quite a pattern, but it felt like there should've been one. Rahela kept bobbing her head up and down, trying not to push too far. Her jaw lost interest long ago and it began hurting not long after that point. Yet she didn't mind at all. Actually, she couldn't find the room in her head to care about it. There was a plucking, deep pleasure keeping her from even thinking much. Perhaps close to the time when her jaw had a bit of pain, her husband had added another finger to her channel.

The couple's vocalizations weren't the only sounds in the air. Rahela had secreted an ample amount of fluid. Some of it dribbled down a leg and touched a stocking. It made wet and squishing noises. Rahela wondered if she could continue producing more of that substance for hours and hours. She imagined one would have to pleasure her for a similar amount of time, and that sounded exhausting yet fantastical.

Without a warning, the Emperor suddenly retracted, taking his fingers away, and he gave her thigh a little clap. It made a crisp sound. Rahela gasped at that sound more than the feeling.

"Spin around again," the Emperor commanded. "I'll have you on me now."

Her whole body hot, her face somehow hotter than that, Rahela shuffled around and put her slippery thighs around the man's. Then, averting her eyes and looking at the blanket under them, She carefully gripped the erection and arranged her body where it needed to be. Her belly rippled a little and her legs quivered once she'd sunken down. Her toes bent to the point of hurting.

The man actually growled, and he took her hips with his messy hands. Rahela straightened her neck but closed her eyes when they had to move again. There was a half second where she saw the man's focused and engaged features, but she wanted to forget that.

Her hair was bouncing. She was certain her breasts were too. She felt her nipples rubbing against her chemise as if it was purposeful. One of the man's hands slipped over to squeeze one of her buttocks. She was pulsing all over, as if thunder was repeating throughout her body, a summer storm, rain and howling wind.