All Comments on 'Return to Anzio'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Another heart warming story!

5

musicman1261musicman12614 months ago

Your stories get better with each one. Great heartwarming story.

cpl8140cpl81404 months ago

5*. I didn't know that US Army units were in Norway at the end of WWll. Thanks for the history lesson.

Ravey19Ravey194 months ago

Another great story, so much history packed into it as well. Emotional ending.

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

As always, a learning lesson interwoven with a great story..

HassieHassie4 months ago

Enjoyed it mmensely. Thank you writing this great story.

goatman96goatman964 months ago

You do an excellent job when writing your stories about the military. Just excellent - I was in the Army and stationed overseas for three years, one of which was in South Viet Nam with the 101st Airborne Division. I really appreciate military oriented stories like this as I can really relate to them, and they bring back memories good and bad. I have a very soft place in my heart for World War II vets as they were indeed the greatest generation as those who survived did good and came home to build this country that I have lived in all my life, having been born in 1945. Just wanted to thank you for stories like this. You done good.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"5 +'.. having spent 67 / 92 in the Marines always appreciate stories/ fact

with a military angle..

DedZone69DedZone694 months ago

Well, that was excellent, although i’ve come to expect nothing less from you. This one hits close to home. Literally. Did my GM time in hamtramck and live one town over from farmington hills. You can bet I'm going to Holy Sepulchre. If I find a certain headstone i’ll put a rose on it thanking Mike for his service and all three of them for providing inspiration for a beautiful history lesson.

Crusader235Crusader2354 months ago

Wonderful story, in really glad the old soldier found love again. I'm wondering why they didn't live 6 mos in Italy after he retired. Five stars for a great story.

WilCox49WilCox494 months ago

Another truly excellent romance! (I would have put it there, not in Mature, myself.) Believable characters and plot. I'd never heard of Anzio or the Battle of Anzio before, but some very quick, superficial research supports your portrayal. I really appreciate your historical fiction. Thank you!

ArkSoutherngentArkSoutherngent3 months ago

Another Great Story...!!!

My dad was in Italy during WWII.

He was a replacement for a Mountain Division that was in the PO Valley battle in April 1945. He never talked about WWII and especially the 2 Bronze Stars that he was awarded. He did talk about Korea and the gun crew he was in.

Only after his passing away and locating his DD-214, did his kids find out about WWII. Most of his records were lost in the St. Louis Fire.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To one commentator who referred to this text "On December 5, 1944 the 1st SSF was disbanded, and Mike spent the rest of the war in the 474th Infantry doing occupation duty in Norway." and said he didn't know that:

It's not true. The German occupation of Norway lasted until the end of the European war - that is to 8th May 1945.

}{

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I'd like to think it was a true story. 5 stars.

Anzio was like Gallipoli an historic defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. In both cases leaders too conservative to break out from the beach quicklyh. Rommel would have done so much better. I always blamed Clark for it, but you seem to place blame elsewhere. Lovely

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS