All Comments on 'Reunion Blues'

by sum12watch

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Crushed

The telling of the story was excellent. I knew the characters. The ending was crushing to say the least. Having read other submissions by this author, I was not expecting this at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Talk about air leaving a balloon....

I re-read this story at least 3 times, something I'm rarely compelled to do. But these relationships were difficult to decipher. Charlie "appeared" to be forcing a paring at various times of his wife and Brian. And it was obvious to me the Brian was using this time as a diversion to keep Neomi focused away from his activities. To Brian it almost seemed that Charlie wanted Neomi to become his lover...at least until the scene at dinner where there is bickering between the spouses in the other room. This bickering gives us a hint of things to come although I never saw it coming.

As for Brian, should he feel guilty that he brought about the death of his beloved? That he set situations in motion based upon his single-minded obessession for this woman. You see I re-read this story to find out what I felt about Brian.

My conclusion is that Brian is as much of a scum as Charlie. Brian pursued his best friend's wife...even over her own objections and her own moral code. Brian was an unrepentent adulterer, thought he probably doesn't view himself as such.

I thought that Charlie's statments at the end of the story were most appropriate, for Charlie saw Brian as how he really was. As for Charlie, his one VERIFIED act of violence was the killing of his adulterous wife. I have no other confirmations that he indeed was violent towards her.

msjay123msjay123almost 16 years ago
WOW

didn't see that one comeing!!!!! although i did want her to run away with brian the ending was fantastic!!!!! loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
loved it

in spite of the sad ending. I had liked to see more conclusive facts about Charlie running around though. Does he really have this dual personality where he can do as he pleases while remaining possesive with regards to his wife. It's conflicting given the way he was almost pushing Brian and his wife together, unless he was just trusting his friend not to take advantage of the situation. Yet, I cannot believe Charlie to be innocent. Good writing. G.Belgium.

srgeeksrgeekalmost 15 years ago
A well played surprise

I admire the talent of the author. I find the story to be very disturbing. I immediately didn't like Brian, he seemed to be one of those people whose only true friend was himself. He began to improve a little as the story went forward, but ultimately he was using her to meet his own desires. If his concern had really been for her he would have helped her get away, instead he left her to manage it on her own.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

ohh that was so sad...i think you should come back with him finding love somewere else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Blues Is Right

Man; talk about heartache. To finally find your love who is in an abusive relationship to only lose her from someone who sees her as a possession and kills her rather then do whats right.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 9 years ago
Very good story

But what a downer of an ending!

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YOUR ENDING IS LOUSY

No way this is so wrong! Why do that? This is supposed to be a love romance story with happy ever after! Not death we will part! 50% of the story is Fantastic second half rather the end is SHE-IT 3STARS,! LOVE YOU ALL! BYE Greg,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bummer!

You really knew how to fuck up an otherwise good story! F*ck this shit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sure didn't see that coming!

Wow, very dark and sad. Nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous