Reunion Fever Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I quickly looked up Lori Lovlin, and saw that she had a growing following on YouTube as well as the Patreon and OnlyFans sites. No criminal record, and yes, her photos showed her to be a beautiful woman.

I also accessed the Apple Grove Police records and also the Court cases involving Roddy Baker. What I read generally conformed with what Sheriff Greenwood had told me, and left no real clue about the nature of Leanne's vendetta against Roddy.

I then looked up the lawyer Robert Reichard. He'd graduated from the University's Law School in my Town & County, and his photo showed a stocky white man with a graying beard and a wild shock of hair that reminded me of the Pointy-Haired Boss in Scott Adams's Dilbert cartoons.

And yes, he was making a career out of suing the Police. But why take Roddy's case, and take it pro bono? And where was he during all the riots and violence against the TCPD? Hmmm...

My reverie was broken when Laura said "So what's our schedule?"

I replied "The reception in the gym begins at 5:30pm. The game starts at 7:30, and the former athletes on any sports teams go onto the field at 7:15, and we'll ultimately form a gauntlet for the current team to run through."

Laura said "I got a text from Lori Lovlin. She'll be looking for us a few minutes early, around 5:15pm."

Just before 5:15pm, we headed out. I was wearing a dark gray suit jacket and matching pants, and a light gray pullover shirt that was almost a mock turtleneck, warm enough to fight off any chill that might set in after dark. Laura was wearing a black jacket and pants, medium-height black pumps, and a blue blouse that was close to Apple Grove's blue (which is about like the University of Michigan's blue) but a bit lighter.

We walked down the corridor to the elevator. As we were waiting for it, a couple came out of what appeared to be Room 402 at the end of the hall, which was next to our Room 404. The window at the end of the hall was bright enough that the couple was in silhouette, so I couldn't make out any features.

The elevator door opened and we stepped inside. "Hold the elevator, please!" we heard a female voice call out. I did so, and a moment later a lovely woman and a young man got on.

"Laura, meet Lori Lovlin." I said as the elevator door closed. "Lori, Dr. Laura Fredricson."

"Oh my God! It's you!" Lori exclaimed. She impulsively hugged Laura, and Laura hugged her back. "I've been dying to meet you!"

"I've been wanting to meet you, too." Laura said.

Lori was beautiful, with long, very dark hair and a compact killer body. She was wearing a multicolor top, but it was the latex pants that look spray-painted onto her legs and ass that showed off her round bubble butt, athletically big thighs and curvy calves. The pants seemed to meld into her high heel pumps.

Lori was of medium height, and therefore a good bit shorter than Laura and me. After hugging Laura, she looked over and up at me, ad devoured me with her soft doe eyes. "And you must be her husband, the Iron Crowbar." she said. "And you are every bit as delicious as she said you were."

"Why, thank you." I said. "And it's nice to meet you, as well. Who is your friend?" Her friend looked to be young, in his lower 20s, was also medium height and slender, and his face with the glasses looked a bit 'punk'-ish. He was wearing a light gray suit and black pullover shirt like I normally wore. I felt strangely glad that I switched up my attire. I also felt a sense of caution... because this guy looked almost exactly like the late Gor-don, associate of the Consultant of Crime. (Author's note: 'A Tiny Slip' and earlier stories for the punk Gor-don.)

"Oh, this is Niko Nimzovich." said Lori. As Niko and I shook hands, Lori said "He's my accountant and manager, plus my friend with benefits."

The elevator door opened and we all walked out of it and into the lobby. Laura said "If you don't have other plans, why don't you ride with us to the reception?"

"Oh, that would be wonderful!" Lori said. We went to Laura's Mercedes, and she and Lori got in the back while Niko rode shotgun and I drove. The women were fluttering like parakeets. Niko and I remained silent, me driving and him looking over the car, and both of us listening to what the women were talking about.

We parked in the Fillmore County High School parking lot. A section had been blocked off for Reunion attendees, and I was allowed to park there after exhibiting my pass. As we walked to the gymnasium entrance, Laura and Lori were walking ahead of me and Niko, and I was watching Lori's magnificent bubble butt in the tight latex pants. Niko was taking in Laura's lovely behind and swaying hips, as well.

Going into the gym, we were given hand-written (at that time) name tags stickers, then went inside the gym. A tarp had been laid on the basketball court floor to protect it, and folding tables and chairs had been set up. Tables on the side were serving various drinks, all non-alcoholic.

As people came in, things got busy. A lot of people, and I mean a lahhht of people, came up to Laura and me, some that knew me, some that knew my mother, and some that just wanted to meet the man Lake Troy was named after. I shook a lot of hands and introduced Laura a lot, noticing that the older men were really looking at her. Some even got verbally frisky with her right in front of me and their own wives.

And any questions I may have had about why they have a reception on one night and the formal dinner the next were answered as Laura and I began meeting others at the event. As a Police Officer, I did not often give out my business card; however, people with businesses did hand me theirs, and I would ask those expecting a card in return "Do you really want my Police card?" Most did not.

"Hey, Donny Troy!" I heard a voice call out. A couple about my age came up to us. "You remember me? I'm Steve Spruance, and this is my wife Becky. And this is her brother, Jeremy Johnson and his wife Charlene. He's here for his ten year reunion."

I introduced Laura to them, saying "Steve's dad would invite me to join him, Steve, and Steve's brother to go deer hunting in the area, which is one reason I got to know the terrain really well." (Author's note: 'Secrets of Apple Grove', Ch. 04; 'Consent of the Governed', Ch. 04 for mentions of Old Man Spruance.)

That knowledge of the terrain had helped me greatly as I planned the successful Battle of Providence Springs. (Author's note: 'Along Came A Spider', Ch. 02.) But I digress...

Charlene Johnson said "Dr. Fredricson, are you the Professor of Psychology at (the University)?"

"Yes, I am." Laura replied.

"Oh, I just love your articles in Sexual Psychology Magazine." Charlene said gushingly. "I work in---"

We were interrupted by a commotion right behind us. Lori Lovlin and Niko Nimzovich had been loosely following us around, and people had been coming up to say hello to her. And then a couple came up, her arm in the crook of his elbow.

The man was blonde, tall, athletic, confident, and definitely 'eye candy' for Laura and most of the other women. The woman was very pretty in the face, but she was a 'big girl'. I could see that she'd worked out a lot and was in good shape, but she would never get rid of her 'big boned' physique.

"Well, well, well." Lori said, unnecessarily loudly. "If it isn't our Class's super-couple, Jenny and Craig."

"Hello Lori." Jenny said sweetly, exhibiting her very pretty smile on her pretty face. "You look great."

"You've lost weight, Jenny." Lori said sneeringly. "A lot of weight. Well, Craig, I guess we won't be having the traditional Mr. and Miss Apple Grove dance to start tomorrow night's festivities?"

"No, I'm afraid my dance card is full." Craig said with studied politeness, then looked at Jenny with adoring eyes as he said "I take every opportunity to show off my wife." Jenny blushed, but smiled happily at the compliment.

"Yezzz, I'm sure you do." Lori said, her voice low and bitter, and filled with venom. "Well! As co-hostess of our Class's portion of the events tonight, I have many things to do, people to greet, and all that. Excuse me." She walked away from Jenny and Craig with Niko in tow, and I realized she had not attempted to introduce him.

Jenny and Craig came up to us. "Hello, Jeremy, Charlene. You remember my wife Jenny, of course." Craig said.

"Yes, I do." Charlene said, somewhat witheringly; she had been part of the 'Lori faction' in school. "This is Jeremy's sister Becky and her husband Steve Spruance, he's here for his 20th reunion. And also here for his 20th is Don Troy, with his wife Laura."

"Ah, Commander Troy!" Craig said enthusiastically as he stepped up to shake my hand. "I'm honored to meet you. This is my wife, Jenny."

"This is my wife, Dr. Laura Fredricson." I said, introducing her. As Laura shook hands with him and with Jenny, I asked: "How did you know my first name, that being 'Commander'?" Everyone chuckled.

"You're very well known, Mister Iron Crowbar." Charlene said.

"That's true." Craig said, without batting an eye. "But for me, your nephew Todd Burke told me you grew up here. I'll be meeting with him and his people over the weekend. I don't know if he told you, but we're..." He paused, then finished: "... we're making a business deal, which I hope will be completed by early next week."

"No, he didn't tell me that, but then again, it's not really my business." I said. The reservation of The Troy House by BOW Enterprises was explained, I thought to myself.

Jenny said "Sir, we're staying at The Troy House. Are you related to the 'Troy' it's named after?"

I said "First, please call me 'Don'. I know, I know, you look like you graduated high school two years ago, but I hope I don't look that much older than you." Everyone laughed politely. Jenny looked pleased at my compliment, while Craig looked proud of her, but maybe the wee slightest bit jealous of my flirtatious comment towards his wife.

I hastily went on: "And yes, that house belonged to my parents, and I grew up in it. I bought it after my father died and my mother sold it, and my friend Renée runs the Bed and Breakfast."

"It's a very nice place." Jenny said. "The food is really good, too." The lady had charm and manners, I noted to myself.

"Did you bring your kids with you?" Jeremy asked.

"They're staying with my parents." Jenny said. "My mom insisted. It's like a mini-vacation for us, and Craig deserves one after all the hard work he's done with our company---"

"If you'll excuse us," Craig said, interrupting, "I see some other classmates we need to speak to." We all shook hands with them again, and Jenny and Craig moved along.

"What was that about?" Laura asked. "That little exchange between them and Lori Lovlin?"

"Ah yes, that." said Jeremy. "It was the 'Days of Promise' soap opera story of our Class. Lori Lovlin and Craig Reynolds were the 'Ken and Barbie' couple. He was the star quarterback of the football team and power forward of the basketball team, and she was the Homecoming Queen, head cheerleader, Class President, and they were 'Mr. and Ms. AGHS'. Everyone thought they would get married after Graduation."

Charlene stepped in and said: "Jenny Jones and Lori were good friends, sort of in the way that Jenny was Lori's tag-along and wingman. And Lori was right that Jenny's lost weight; in school, Jenny was had a lot of baby fat, and that's putting it kindly."

Jeremy: "Yes, true. So the Prom came along. Craig took Jenny to the Prom, and apparently they'd been quietly dating for a while. Everyone was taken by surprise, and no one more than Lori."

Charlene: "Yes, Lori claimed Jenny stole Craig from her, and Lori remained very bitter about it... and apparently is still bitter today, from what I just saw." She then lowered her voice as she got near Laura, and said "This might be right up your field of work, Doctor. There were rumors that Lori would have girls come to her house, and she'd have Craig have sex with the girls, often taking their virginities, while Lori watched."

Jeremy said "It was more than rumors. Craig himself told a few of us that they did that, and that when he kissed Jenny's lips the first time, he felt the fire all the way to his toes. He fell head-over-heels in love with her. He never dated or had sex with another girl again after having Jenny."

Laura said "Interesting. And from the way Craig and Jenny were looking at each other, I'd say he's still head-over-heels in love with her, and her with him."

"Speaking of 'in love'... not." said Charlene. "There's Roddy and Lisa Baker." I looked over to see a short man, maybe 5'7", swarthy with a full head of wavy black hair and seemingly in perpetual need of a shave, and a muscular physique that seemed to advertise the words 'bad boy' and 'bully'.

The woman next to him was willowy, about the same height as him, with red hair about the color of mine. She was attractive but not beautiful, and her eyes seemed... haunted.

They both looked like they had endured a lot in life. Their clothes were of relatively poor quality; his suit was rarely worn but was old, his shirt collars wilted badly, and her dress was badly out of fashion and faded from many cleanings. I noticed that they were going around speaking to people, including guys wearing jerseys or letter jackets. And those people were cordial to them but decidedly not overly friendly, and conversations did not last very long.

Charlene said conspiratorially: "Roddy was a player, what our parents would call a 'scoundrel'. He was dating Kitzi Taylor, who was on of those girls, the kind that put out for guys a lot. But he got Lisa Lewis pregnant their Senior year. He did do the right thing and married Lisa, and they have three kids now, a boy sandwiched between two girls."

Jeremy said "Roddy was the starting quarterback our Junior year and the start of the Senior year. But he wasn't all that great, and Craig Reynolds, who you just met, replaced him and did a much better job. Some say being benched and shown up was the beginning of Roddy's downfall, but I think it was his father having his money stolen by his uncle, Mitchell Baker, that really crushed him."

Charlene said "And they've had tough lives. Not much money, both in trouble with the law at various times. And there's rumors that they fight a lot, and that he may be physically abusive towards her."

Steve Spruance said "Don, you and the Feds were behind taking down Mitchell Baker when you cleaned out Sheriff Spaulding and his rotgut, weren't you?"

"Yes." I said. "Mitchell Baker was the first to fall. He destroyed a lot of lives, including contributing to my father's all-too-early death, at least indirectly..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some time later, Dr. Ralph Queen and his wife came up to me and Laura. He was the Veterinarian for Fillmore County and some of the counties around it, and he treated not only dogs, cats, and small animals, but the cows being raised for dairy production, meat production and the like, as well as hogs and horses. It was his wife's 40th Reunion.

I happened to see a group of several older men almost surrounding Craig Reynolds, while Jenny looked on from a distance. One of the men was stabbing his index finger into Craig's chest, and Craig was taking it. I would not have. "What's going on with that?" I asked, thinking out loud.

"Oh, that." said Dr. Queen. "Those men are local investors in Craig Reynolds's venture capital for a project he was doing. Payback time is coming due, and there are persistent rumors that the project is a failure, and they're not going to be paid back. I invested in it, also, but I'm not going to go browbeat the man. Either it pays off, or it doesn't."

"If you don't mind my asking," I said, "what kind of money are we talking?"

"A total of ten million dollars." Dr. Queen said. "Most of us invested about $5000 apiece; that was my amount, anyway. Some invested more, $10,000 or more, up to a hundred grand. And things were looking good until this summer. Reynolds had been giving us regular updates on the projects, but then those started tailing off, and he was nowhere near as enthusiastic as he had been. You are a great Detective, Commander---"

"And so is his mother." Mrs. Queen added.

"Yes." said Dr. Queen. "You and your mother are great Detectives. But those guys... not so much. They're believing the rumors that the project is failing. And all I'll say is that Reynolds had better reassure them he's on the right path, or things could get... ugly... for him..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As the time neared to go onto the field, the school's Principal and another man in a suit and tie came up to me. "Commander Troy, they're about to assemble to go onto the field, but can you come with us now?" said the Principal. The other man told Laura, as well as Lori and Niko, who had rejoined us just moments before, that he would escort them to the reserve seating section of the home stands. He also asked Laura to hold my jacket for me, so I took it off and she took it with her.

I wondered what this was about as I was brought to the edge of the stadium fence, near the locker room entrance to the field. To my surprise, I saw thee other people. One was Tyrone Biggs, in his Sheriff Deputy uniform but without a jacket. The others I also knew: they were Davis Smith and Gregg Scott, who had taken Fillmore County HS to the State title, and the Wildcats to the National title in football.

"Hey Mister Crowbar!" said Davis Smith, coming up to me and giving me a man-hug. Then Gregg Scott and Tyrone did likewise.

"What's this all about?" I asked.

"Just a small surprise for the Iron Crowbar." Tyrone said. The Principal handed out jerseys. Mine and Tyrone's were blue-and-yellow Apple Grove jerseys, and Davis and Gregg's were purple-and-old-gold FCHS jerseys. Mine had my number '86' in yellow, and 'Troy' in white across the shoulders on the back. Tyrone's was No. 40, Davis Smith's No. 3, and Gregg Scott's was No. 17.

The Reunion Classes were announced over the P.A. system by their anniversary years. Some of them were wearing their old jerseys, and some were wearing their old letter jackets.

The P.A. announcer said "And now, please welcome four very special graduates of Apple Grove High and Fillmore County High." We were 'invited' to march onto the field, taking our places in front of the others, near the football field border nearest the very full home stands.

"They led Fillmore County High to the State title, and in college they led the Wildcats to Conference and National titles. Number Three, Davis Smith! And Number Seventeen, Gregg Scott!" Everyone cheered loudly.

"He was the first Apple Grove football player to receive a Scholarship to play college football!" the announcer announced. "And he later became the first black Deputy Sheriff of Fillmore County. Number 40, Tyronnnne Biggs!" More cheers.

P.A. announcer: "The great legend of the Iron Crowbar began here, in Apple Grove. He has gone on to become a legendary Detective with the Town & County Police Force, earning two Purple Orders for being wounded in the line of duty, and two Medals of Valor for heroism. He has been honored by his State, the FBI, and the Department of Defense. He has also helped the AGPD solve several crimes, and he is the architect of the victory in the Battle of Providence Springs, defeating and destroying the Evil that was corrupting our county. Number 86, Don Troy!"

As always, I was very grateful for the loud and sustained ovation. I noticed the Providence Springs people were generally sitting together in one bloc on one side, near the end of the bleachers. They had cheered Tyrone and me especially loudly. I also saw Laura, my mother, and one Todd Burke in the Reserved section, with the families of the other honorees, and I waved at them.