Reunion Fever Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good thoughts." said the Judge. "On the advice of the Iron Crowbar, the application is granted. Now... let's talk about these plea deals, Mr. Tittle. There are a lot of unanswered questions in my mind, such as where Lisa Baker got the TASER she used on Craig Reynolds, how Mr. Reynolds was lured outside to the pool, how Mr. Niko Nimzovich was out there but saw nothing, and most of all, the role played by Steve Greene. Are you really good with all this, Mr. Tittle?"

"Yes, Your Honor." said D.A. Tittle. "With the potential for reasonable doubt about the frame of mind of Steve Greene, the plea deal in exchange for his testimony against Roddy Baker is very reasonable. As for the other stuff, Commander Troy and FBI SAC Muscone believe there were separate actions by other threat actors that are part of a Federal investigation, but that doesn't affect what we have agreed to with the Bakers, Steve Greene, and Kitzi Taylor."

The Judge said "Commander Troy, you say in the affidavit you submitted that you do not believe Lisa Lewis Baker and these others were working in the manner of a conspiracy? Sure looks like it to me, so please explain this."

"Certainly, Your Honor." I said. "While we are investigating the role of four people in a potential industrial espionage case, who the FBI is investigating and working on identifying, I believe Lisa Baker acted separately and of her own accord to attack Craig Reynolds, with the motive of a personal vendetta of revenge."

Me: "Lisa did not know of her husband Roddy's investment in the Reynolds company. She also did not know of the deal between Mr. Reynolds and Mr. Burke of BOW Enterprises. If she had, she would've had every reason to not attack him until the deal was done and publicly announced. But based on her knowledge, or lack of it, she chose to attack."

Me: "I also believe that if it had been a conspiracy to stop the deal with BOW, there were other ways to more fully ensure Mr. Reynolds's death or complete incapacitation. But that's not what Lisa did... and the way she attacked him was the key."

"How's that?" the Judge asked.

I said "She stabbed him in the groin, Your Honor. She went for his balls, not his back, neck, chest or throat. Non-lethal injuries, but physically and psychologically significant for him. And that suggests a very personal motive by Mrs. Baker for that attack, as opposed to a cold, calculated action on her part."

Laura said: "As a psychiatrist specializing in sexual psychology, Your Honor, I agree with my husband's analysis."

The Judge said "I am now one of those that have seen enough of the Iron Crowbar to know that he is too much for the rest of us. Commander, you solved the crimes, you took care of the kids, you put it all together and worked it all out. On behalf of the People of Fillmore County, I thank you for the outstanding job you have done in bringing this case to a speedy and, dare I say it, iron-clad solution, Commander Troy." Everyone else clapped, some more out of politeness than others...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

5:00pm, Sunday, October 3rd. Laura came to AGPD Headquarters to pick me up. I went around, shaking hands with everyone and making my goodbyes.

"Jefferson and I are staying here a couple of days." said Jack Muscone. "He and Tyrone went to Providence Springs to check on some stuff. I'll let you know what we get on these two couples."

"They're probably long gone from this county by now." I said. :"See you at home."

"It was an honor working with you, Commander." said Detective Ben Watson as I came through the hallway and shook his hand.

"And you." I said. "Keep everything on the straight and level." I then passed by the open door of the Chief's office. Leanne Wisocky looked at me, then looked away as she turned in her chair. Whatever we'd had in the past, personally and professionally, was now just that... in the past.

Part 20 - Secrets In The Night

7:00pm, Sunday, October 3rd. Most restaurants in Apple Grove were closed on Sunday night. So old Sheriff Greenwood and my mother took Laura and me to the Chili's in Rome, and it was really good... possibly partly because I hadn't eaten since the Reunion Dinner the night before.

While at dinner, Laura said that Craig appeared to be doing well, and there was no sign of infection, though they'd keep a close watch on him. My wife also said "He and Jenny both were really good when they heard that Annie was Craig's biological child, and there was no question they were going to keep Annie and Agnes together."

"They're good people." I said. "And no matter what others said ten years ago, Craig won Life's lottery when he married Jenny. Just like I won Life's lottery when I married this wonderful woman." I took Laura's hand in mine as I said it. Laura blushed and smiled.

"I do have a question, Don." Sheriff Greenwood said. "How did you know Steve went into Roddy's house Friday night?"

I said "I couldn't quite understand how Lisa could've taken that blow to her eye and not have been killed or seriously injured. At the least, she should've been knocked totally unconscious. So I reasoned that Steve had gone in with Roddy, then he pulled Lisa out of there after Roddy smashed her face in. And it made a lot of sense that he partially mitigated the blow. So I knew he was coming correct with the truth when he said that."

Sheriff Greenwood said "And one more thing. Everyone, and I mean everyone, from the school psychologist to his teachers to just everyone, they all think Tommy Baker is going to grow up to be no good, like his dad. No one else would've gone to bat for him, and given him a chance with the Owens. What did you see in him that made you want to take that chance, and speak up for him?"

"Yes, I have to agree." said my mother. "I have to admit that I always got bad vibes from him, too. I was very surprised you supported Tommy so strongly."

"I'm surprised you're surprised, Mom." I said, my eyes crinkling with amusement. "You don't see the huge redeeming quality in Tommy?"

"No, I confess that I do not." said Phyllis.

"His dog, Gypsy Girl." I said. "He brought her in when he found her, nursed her back to health. When I saw her, I knew that a Power greater than the Crowbar was telling me something, and I could see that Tommy loves dogs. And that's enough for me."

"The boy loves dogs, says the man who loves dogs." Laura said. Yes, yes I do, I thought to myself...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:00pm, Sunday, October 3rd. Laura had told me that she checked out of the Hilton Hotel and that we'd be staying in my mother's guest room, at my mother's invitation. I didn't argue. We went to my mother's apartment upon returning home from Rome. Sheriff Greenwood lived in the complex, but agreed to come to my mom's apartment for an after-dinner drink.

We sat and discussed the case. Three were very few questions left. Laura asked "How did you get the Governor to help you with that DFACS woman over the kids? He's a Democrat, and you're... not."

I chuckled. "No doubt about that." I said. "I contacted our Governor, Sharon Marshall, and while they're on opposite sides of the political fence, she called him and explained how good it would be in the Press for him to come to the rescue and keep those little girls together. So he and his people and the Media will extol his virtues tomorrow. And that's okay with me. I got what I needed."

After a few more minutes, I said "Mom, can I borrow your car? I need to go do something."

"Now?" Laura asked incredulously.

"Yes." I said. "I'll be back soon." Unlike my teen years under her roof, my mom didn't ask. She just handed me the keys to her car.

I drove up to the top of the hill to the north of the town, and parked under the cell tower. I put a blanket on the ground and sat down, looking south, overlooking the lights of Apple Grove in the valley beneath me. To the west, one could see the lights of Providence Springs.

I had come here while I was waiting for the Battle of Providence Springs to commence, and then again when waiting to get Westboro's gold from the cemetery mausoleum. (Author's note: 'Along Came A Spider', Ch. 01; 'Cat's In The Cradle', Ch. 01.) And now I came to look out over my boyhood hometown, wondering if always if it would be for the last time.

I heard the noise of a car engine, then someone walking up. "Come on over, Tyrone." I called out. Tyrone Biggs came up, in civilian clothes. "Have a seat." I said. He sat down on the blanket next to me.

"How'd you know it was me?" he asked.

I said "I have not failed to observe that you've had my back this entire weekend. I figured my mother called you. So, was she the one that had you watching over me? Or was it Sheriff Hall?"

"Neither one." Tyrone said. "I asked... maybe told... Sheriff Hall that I was going to be your bodyguard while you were here. Not that you needed it, but I've known Stegall is an old-school white racist, and I wasn't surprised when he threatened that kid Niko. And sure enough, you did Iron Crowbar things and stopped him. And we've all known that Captain Wisocky is compromised by her husband being a BigAgraFoods engineer, so I kept my eye on her, too."

"I appreciate it." I said. I extended my arm, handing him my card. "You're doing great things here, Tyrone. But if they come after you, or your mother, and it becomes too much, give me a call. And if I can't help you here, we can get you and your mother out of here. I'm very tight with my County's Sheriff and Chief Deputy Sheriff, and I'd love to have you down there working with us."

Tyrone pocketed the card as he said "I'll do that. But I'm called to be here, fighting for Justice and equal rights here in Fillmore County. And... there's something else I need to tell you, Don. When they came to me and said they wanted to retire my jersey, I asked them to retire yours, too."

"I was that bad, huh?" I said whimsically.

"No." said Tyrone. "What you may not know, is that I know the origins of the Legend of the Crowbar."

"Ahhh." I said. Things were starting to make sense, but I let Tyrone talk.

Tyrone: "Let me start by telling you that we blacks in Providence Springs knew our main hope for getting out was through athletic ability. Those of us that were good enough were allowed to attend Apple Grove High School, so we could play on the football team. There were three of us when I was on the team."

Tyrone: "We also knew we had to keep our mouths shut and not rock the boat, or bad things would happen. My father was allowed to travel to Apple Grove partly because I was a star athlete all through Junior High and High School."

Tyrone: "And your father... he was a good man. He was the only lawyer that would act as Public Defender for my people, and he really did try. The system was rigged, but he still worked to help us, especially those who were truly innocent. And for the most part, the white people let that go, because your dad was a good lawyer for everyone."

Tyrone: "But then, things started getting... ugly. Your dad must've pissed somebody off, because some of us on the team... black and white... heard that you were going to get fucked up as a warning to your dad. You remember that 'coach' that told you to go to the gym and get something?"

"Yeah." I said. "With perfect hindsight, he reminded me a lot of Sheriff Spaulding."

Tyrone said "Yeah, he was Spaulding's uncle or older cousin or something. Anyway, when he told you to go to that closet under the gym, we knew they were going to attack you. And to my shame..." He began sobbing as he continued "To my shame I did not call out, I didn't warn you. I didn't say anything."

Tyrone sucked it up, then said in a normal voice: "Practice ended about ten minutes later. One of the white guys on the team said 'Let's go find Troy, and take him to the hospital if there is anything left of him'. So I went with a couple of guys to find you."

Tyrone: "As we got near the gym, we saw the four goons that had been sent to attack you. And they were hurtin', I mean they were fucked up. One of them couldn't walk, his knee was blown out. One guy's arm was dangling, like his arm or elbow was broken or something. Some of them had bloody noses and mouths. They were talking to that coach, and he was furious. We never saw him at practice again, by the way."

Tyrone said "So we went looking for you. You weren't under the gym or in the gym. So we got into the white guy's car and began driving around, which was dangerous because I was in the car. And we found you. You were walking on the street, nearly to your house, not a scratch on you. And you were carrying a blue crowbar. We didn't know what that truly meant at the time, of course, but we knew something good had happened."

Tyrone: "Anyway, they left your family alone after that. I got a scholarship, fucked that up. And then you know the rest. Mitchell Baker started stealing everyone's properties; I'm stunned he didn't get murdered. They started tightening the screws on Providence Springs, and all the blacks. They took over your dad's law firm, and the bank, and they forced Sheriff Greenwood out and put Spaulding in his place."

The emotion came back as Tyrone said: "And then... they murdered my father, and threw his body out in a field like he was just a piece of trash. And then Spaulding was going to kill us all, but you came in and you stopped them cold. And they found Spaulding's body, beaten to a pulp like those four thugs that attacked you were beaten to pulps. And his body was found in the exact same spot my dad's body was found, and with a Bible on it. Agent Jefferson told us about it, and that a verse on that Bible was marked."

"Deuteronomy 32:35." I said. Tyrone's head made like an owl as it whirled around to look at me, shock on his face. I was not supposed to know that, and the fact that I did could only mean one thing. I just looked back at him, having given my acknowledgement of the unacknowledgeable.

"Oh, wowwww." Tyrone said, looking forward again. Then he said "I heard what you told Captain Wisocky. So they murdered your dad, too?"

"Their ringleader did." I said. "We called him 'the Consultant of Crime'. He masterminded the attempted takeover of Fillmore County, and a whole lot more. He forced my father to commit suicide, and I am happy to say he also was made to commit suicide. Deuteronomy 32:35." (Author's note: 'A Tiny Slip', Ch. 02)

"Good." said Tyrone, his voice a million miles away. Then he said "Anyway, I told the school people that the Legend of the Crowbar started on that football practice field, and they retired your jersey, too. And after all you've done for me, and for all of us, the least I could do was have your back this weekend."

I reached over and slapped Tyrone on the back. "I'm glad and grateful you did. And once again, if you need my help, just call. We've all lost too much in these battles to give the Enemy any ground back."

"Amen, brother." Tyrone said. "Amen..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I got back to my mother's place, three pairs of eyes looked at me. I said "I had a few words with Tyrone Biggs. Do what you can to protect him, and his mother. And call me if you need to."

"We will do that." said Sheriff Greenwood. "Well, I'll be getting back to my own apartment. You must be exhausted, Don. When did you last get some sleep?"

"I can't even remember." I said, though I did, sleeping with Lori Lovlin after some hot fucking. I shook his hand as I said "Good night, Sheriff."

My mother made us some hot chocolate, which I suspect she spiked with melatonin. Laura and I went to the guest room, and we took a quick shower together before going to bed. Laura lay over my chest and abs and began sucking my cock, and I am sorry to say that even her expert fellatio techniques did not keep me from falling asl---

Part 21 - The Road Home

And He said, "Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country."
--- Jesus Christ, the Gospel according to St. Luke 4:24 (King James Version)

Monday, October 4th. We got up at 5:00am. I dressed in my TCPD uniform, knowing Laura was just going to drop me off at Police Headquarters when we got home. My mom made us some coffee, and we drank it and ate toaster strudels, then filled cups of coffee for the road. We pulled out at 5:45am.

An hour later, halfway into the trip, Laura said "You haven't said a word. You okay?"

"Yeah." I said, then said "I'm just... I'm really disappointed. I thought Sergeant Stegall was okay. They were begging me not to steal him from them. And he turned out to be dirty, and a racist. But worst of all was Leanne."

"Covering for BigAgraFoods?" Laura asked.

"I think the worst of it..." I said, my voice seemingly far away, "... was how she wanted to tear those sisters apart, and tried to, and how she wanted to put that six-year-old girl into foster care, alone. I thought... I thought Leanne was a better person than that."

Laura said "What is it they say? You can't go home again? The Leanne you're remembering is the Leanne of 20 years ago. People change in 20 years, sometimes a lot. From what I hear, you have changed a lot in 20 years... and for the better."

"Thanks." I said. "In some ways I have. But in some ways, I haven't changed at all."

"How's that?" Laura asked.

"I still love dogs." I said, then let my eyes glance sideways towards my wife.

Laura began laughing, hard. "Yes." she finally spluttered. "You still do love dogs..."

Part 22 - Epilogue: Back At The Ranch (er, the Town & County)

And what went down Saturday night at home?

11:30pm, Saturday, October 2nd. Detective Sergeant Julia Rodriguez and Detective-2 Joan Laurer were sitting in the unmarked car at the edge of the Kwik-Mart convenience store in the industrial section of Town, just north of Ward Harvester Park, and east of the old BigAgraFoods warehouse.

"Okay." said Julia as she looked at her Police iPad, which was housed in a shell to keep its light from being easily seen. "Federal vans reported at locations 3, 4, 16, 17, and 21. We put vans at locations 10, 12, 14, and 18, to funnel the Toyota Gang perps away from there, and into what looks like unwatched places like here. This is location 13, and both the analytics and our leaks suggest that it is not a likely target---"

"We got something, we got something!" said Joan as a black Toyota Camry bounded into parking lot. Three figures in all black and masks spilled out, heading for the store.

Julia texted "13" on her Police iPhone as Joanne started the car and rushed to block off the vehicle. The driver saw the car and attempted to pull out as Joan and Julia got out of their car. The perps came rushing out of the store and into the car, but one was not fast enough, and the car sped off without him or her.

Julia rushed up and slammed a magnetic tracking device on the trunk of the Toyota as it flashed by her vehicle. Meanwhile Joan Laurer pursued the left-behind perp on foot. She caught up to the perp and tackled the black-clad form.

"POLICE BRUTALITY!" the perp yelled.

"STOP RESISTING!" Joan yelled as the figure on the ground beneath her struggled. "STOP RESISTING!"

"You're hurting me!" the figure yelled as Joan forced the perp's arms back and affixed cuffs. She took the perp's mask off, revealing the head and face of a young woman.

Meanwhile, Julia was radioing it in: "Black Toyota Camry, license plate Lima-Xray-Romeo One-Two-Three! I say again: Lima-Xray-Romeo 1-2-3!" Heading south towards MLK Jr. Avenue!

"Copy that." said a voice on the radio, which Julia recognized as Lieutenant Micah Rudistan's. "Lima-Xray-Romeo 1-2-3, with tracker ID thirteen-delta-one."