Reunited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where's Melissa?" I yelled, taking a step forward.

"The stubborn bitch is in the other room," pointing to the entrance. "Maybe you can talk some sense into her."

With my hands up in the air, I started making my way to the doorway. Followed closely by Sparks, not letting Tina go. There she was lying on a rusted hospital bed. Her face bruised black and blue. Rushing to her side, I leaned down inches away from her face. Looking into my eyes, she tried to smile.

"What have you done to her?" I yelled.

"I didn't do anything to her. She's the one that stole from me."

"Don't forget to change the batteries in Tina's soft toy Jason? They need to be swapped with some new ones" Melissa whispered before her breathing stopped.

"What did she whisper in your ear? My book, where did she hide my book?" Sparks cried out.

"You'll see your book soon, don't worry." Getting up, with my hands on the back of my head. I made my way back to the room where the others were. Sparks following me, still holding Tina but not so tight.

With my hands, still on my head. I was standing in the middle of the room. I had a full view of the enemies. Sparks was pointing a gun at Tina, the same with Lillian. Been held at gun point by Robert. John, Samantha, William and the others couldn't do anything. With Sparks last man pointing a semi-automatic at them. I had to think fast. I had to distract them.

"Play one of your stories William?" I said to the little boy.

William's little finger pressed the story button on the teddy bear. Goldilocks and the three bears started playing. Everything happened quickly once the story started playing. Sparks moved the gun away from Tina, towards me. At that moment gunshots began firing from behind me. Pulling the Glock, I had strapped behind my neck, under my vest. Pointing the gun at Spark, I took a shoot. The bullet penetrating his shoulder. The pain, forcing him to drop his weapon. Turning to the other gunman, with the semi-automatic. He was dead, with at least half a dozen bullet holes in him. That left Robert. Seeing the situation, he dropped his gun. Standing next to me was Albert. Pointing a gun at Robert while I had my weapon directed at Spark.

"What took you so long partner?" I asked Albert.

"Hey, give me a break, all this is new to me," was his response.

Within minutes John had them both handcuffed. Pointing a gun at them, he said, "This looks like the end of the road for you both."

Comforting the ladies and the children, after their ordeal. I turned to Samantha. "Before Melissa died she said, 'Don't forget to change the batteries in Tina's soft toy.' What did she mean by that?"

Samantha put William on her lap. Asking the child, "Could I have a look at Teddy, honey." With the Teddy Bear in her hand, she turned it over to open the battery compartment. With our eyes fixed on the soft toy, she unzipped the small part which held the battery pack. Pulling it halfway out of the soft toy, not being able to pull it out more.

Running her finger over the battery pack, Samantha with a puzzled look said. "Why is there tape wrapped on the battery pack?"

Taking the piece of plastic in my hand, I turned it over. Taped on the bottom was a small burgundy notebook. Removing it from the battery pack, I flicked through the pages.

Taking the book, I walked up to Sparks. His eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when he saw what I was holding in my hand. "I told you not to worry that you'll see your book again."

Giving the evidence to John, I told the others.

"Let's go home."

Directing them outside telling Albert. "Take care of them. I'll be a minute."

I went and found Major Harry. He was lying in a pool of blood. His eyes open looking straight up at the ceiling. All it takes sometimes is a single bullet. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see John standing there.

"He was always there for us. Guiding us and protecting us. He doesn't deserve this!" I screamed out.

Epilogue

After the Harperbury Hospital incident. For the next six months, it was difficult for all of us. We had funerals and court appearances.

The most affected by Melissa's death was Jennifer. Losing her father, a couple of months ago and then losing Melissa in such a horrific way was heart-breaking for her. Everyone stood by her when she was grieving, but in these situations only time heals.

Myself, even though I did not know Melissa for a long time. It was still a sad time for me. In the same week, I had Major Harry's funeral as well. He was like my father when I was in the army. When his wife, Susan spoke to me after the funeral, she said, "He loved you like his son. Always talking about you and the tours you had together." My heart went out to her and her family.

After all this ordeal. Lawrence Sparks got what he deserved. The evidence revealed from the notebook was enough to put him and a few others away for a very long time. Robert Clark got his share as well. A sentence of ten years.

A year has passed, life has gone back to normal for all of us. Jennifer is pre-occupied on planning her wedding with Anthony. Jennifer and I had a meeting and decided to make Lillian and Samantha an offer they couldn't refuse. Managerial position with good salaries to run the cafe. Jennifer and I are equal partners in the cafe now. We have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we find a solution.

Samantha has rented a small house in Southgate, with plans on buying it in the future. After she moved down to London, her mother has put her house for sale. She's planning to buy a property in London to be close to her daughter and grandchildren.

Myself, I've bought the lease on the property Robert Clark was renting. I guess he doesn't need it now. He'll be doing all his business from his prison cell. I've opened a Private Investigator office. Working closely with John and Randolph, who is in his last year at university to get his law degree.

Lillian and me, we are getting to know each other. Day by day our love is becoming stronger. We have plans as well for the future. But for now, we are waiting for our little miracle. Lillian is in the eighth month of her pregnancy.

In time, I have forgiven my father for what he did. With a bunch of flowers in my hand, I kneel down and put them on his grave and say to him.

"Thank you, father, for reuniting me with my sister."

The End