Revenge, Really?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's do that then."

"We can ask for counseling and let him know that if he refuses we'll fight for everything."

"Okay."

"Do you have any dirt on your husband?"

"You mean like criminal stuff?"

"Anything."

"He's as squeaky clean as you get."

"Has he ever hit you or threatened you?"

"He's never even raised his voice to me."

"I'll go through the paperwork with a fine tooth comb, watch the video and get back with you in a day or two. Does he have a copy of this DVD?" Peggy nodded.

It was Wednesday when Roni called her.

"Mrs. Givens, he has a pretty iron-clad case. The video you recorded is very damaging and you don't want any judge seeing that. Let's begin as we discussed. We'll propose six weeks of couples counseling."

"Whatever it takes, I want my husband back."

**********

Two days later Tom's lawyer called him and asked him to stop by. He went to the office that afternoon.

"Tom, they've requested six weeks of couples counseling."

"And if I refuse?"

"They'll pull out all the stops and fight us."

"I'm against it. What are your thoughts?"

"She's hired Roni Savage. She's one of the best."

"Better than you?"

"I'm 'the' best. Are you willing to fight?"

"Tooth and nail, if I have to."

"Then let's just say no and see what happens."

"Keep me posted."

That evening Tom called Peggy.

"Peggy, I refused the counseling. I told you that if you fight me on this you'll see another side of me that you won't like."

"Why are you being like this? Just drop this crazy divorce and come home."

"Peg, that's not going to happen. This is your last chance to get off easy. I won't be calling you again."

"I'm fighting you, Tom. I don't want a divorce."

"Have it your way." Tom ended the call.

The following Monday, a counter suit was filed by Peggy. The grounds were irreconcilable differences. She asked for everything.

Two days later the local school board and the school where Peggy worked were served with papers regarding fraternization violations between two of their married teachers, Peggy Givens and Joseph Carr. Included with the packet were graphic photos of the two engaged is sex acts. An emergency meeting of the school board was convened, behind closed doors, and both were fired that day.

The same day, Joey's wife received a DVD in the mail along with names and phone numbers of those in the video. She called Tom after watching the video.

"Hello, this is Tom Givens."

"This is Tammy Carr, Joey's wife. Did you send me this DVD?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm sorry but I thought you had a right to know."

"When was it taken?"

"A week ago Sunday at my house."

"Are you the one in the chair?"

"I am."

"And the video is real?"

"Completely. It's uncut."

"The woman is your wife?"

"For the moment. I've filed for divorce."

"That's all I needed to know. Sorry to bother you." Tammy ended the call.

Tammy's next call was to a divorce lawyer.

The following day Joey called Peggy and read her the riot act for exposing him with her act of revenge and costing him his job and probably his marriage.

Even after losing her job and the call from Joey Peggy stuck to her guns. When, another week had passed and Tom hadn't heard from his attorney, Tom implemented his next step.

Peggy's parents and sister received a copy of the DVD in the mail. After just a very short introduction into the video Peggy was being question and chastised by them. Tom's old phone rang off the hook. He answered the call from her sister.

"How could you, Tom? Peggy loves you."

"Mandy, she has a strange way of showing it."

"It was a revenge fuck for Christ sake!"

"She still didn't tell you the truth then?"

"What is the truth dammit?"

"Mandy, I didn't have an affair. She got a phone call from a friend who said I did. She took that as gospel and with no evidence at all this was her revenge?"

"Tom, Peggy's not that stupid."

"Fine, ask her yourself. Let her know that if she'll let the divorce go through and quit fighting it, this will be the end of it. If she continues, it's only the beginning."

"Can't you work it out?"

"Did you watch the DVD?"

"Just the beginning, that's all I could stomach."

"Watch the whole thing then ask yourself if your husband would be willing to try and reconcile. Will you do that?"

"I will but I still think you should at least try to work it out."

"Mandy, you've known me since we were kids. You know I'm not a bad guy. Watch the DVD."

"Okay, I will." Mandy hung up the phone. About an hour later she called back. "Oh Tom, I'm so sorry. I understand now but I still need to talk to Peggy."

"Let her know if she'll quit fighting the divorce this'll end. If she fights me it's only going to get worse."

"I'll tell her."

Mandy went to see Peggy in person and after getting the confirmation that Tom was telling the truth she delivered his warning. Peggy was adamant in her refusal. Mandy then went and told her parents what Peggy had done and about Tom's insistence that she drop her countersuit. Peggy's parents visited her that evening and got a copy of both suits. Shawn had a family friend who was an attorney review the filings and the prenup. His recommendation was that Peggy do exactly what Tom said and let it go quietly to the divorce court. Peggy still refused to concede.

**********

After another week with no word from his attorney, Tom took the next step. Peggy taught Sunday school at the same church her parents attended. Every member of the ladies auxiliary and the church officers received a flier in the mail that showed pictures of Peggy having sex with a man other than her husband. The caption read 'Should this woman be teaching your children?' On Sunday, Peggy's parents were treated more like lepers than parishioners. After the service the pastor took them aside for a private talk and told them why. He also gave them a letter for Peggy letting her know that her services would no longer be required or even welcomed. A copy of the flier was attached. When they gave it to Peggy she cried but still refused to drop her countersuit.

Peggy told her attorney about what Tom had done. Telling and showing her family was not criminal. It showed clearly on the DVD where Peggy told Tom that she made the recording for him. Since it was his property he could share it with anyone he wished of legal age. The fliers were sent anonymously so without considerable investigation they could not be traced to Tom. Roni recommended she drop her countersuit.

Peggy's family begged her to stop this. It was now affecting their lives. Shawn called Tom with his concerns. Tom repeated his demand to Shawn. Still, Peggy persisted.

A few days later, Peggy's neighbors and all of their friends received similar fliers, captioned with only Peggy's name and contact information. Peggy's phone and e-mail exploded with nasty calls and messages. Garbage was thrown on her car, driveway and lawn.

Tom waited another week before posting to her social media accounts. It began with innuendo then progressed to photographs with blackouts strategically placed in all the required places. Peggy received an e-mail from a porn site a few days later thanking her for her submission.

When a news crew showed up at her door she finally called her attorney and dropped the countersuit. She requested a meeting between she and Tom. Tom agreed as long as it was in his attorney's office.

They met a few days later. Peggy looked like a shadow of her former self. She had lost weight and from her appearance she had lost a lot of sleep too.

"Peggy," Tom said as he sat across the table from her.

"I dropped the countersuit. You win."

"No Peggy, I lost. I lost the woman that I loved. I lost my marriage. I lost everything that was important to me."

"You do have a side I'd never seen."

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

"Tom, I don't know what to say. I can't show my face anywhere. I'm going to have to move away to even find a job."

"I can't stay here either. Everyone we knew treats me like a leper too."

"We both lost everything, didn't we?"

"Yes, Peg, we did." Tom's eyes were on the verge of tears.

"I know it's too late now but was there anything I could've done to rectify what I did?"

"Besides figuring how to turn back time?"

"Yes, besides that."

"I don't think so, Peggy."

Tom stood to leave. Peggy stood and held out her arms for one last hug. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. Tom took a step toward her then stopped. Tears began running down his cheeks.

"I can't Peggy. I'd feel like I was cheating on the woman I loved." He stood looking at her for a moment then turned and walked toward the door. As his hand touched the door knob he turned to her again. "There was one thing that might have helped."

"What, Tom?"

"Just once, you could have said 'I'm sorry,' just once." Tom walked out of the office and out of her life.

12