Right Hires are the Answer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sat having a sandwich lunch and thought about the afternoon. I had one more girl, Jane, coming in, who I didn't need anyway. She might offer me more than a blow-job for a few hours work anyway, so I had better see her. Well, this time I really did have a shock, she could have been a model. Her photo certainly did not do her justice. Again, I walked her around the shop sounding her out. She was a little air-headed but she had worked in a shop before. As we were looking at the stock on the ground floor she started examining the packs of stockings. She looked around, 'You know you should have more clothes than this. Other sex shops usually have an array of super-sexy underwear or party clothes.'

'Yes, we do as well, but they are downstairs. I have only just taken over the store and had not yet had time to reorganise. You sound like you know a bit about these shops. Should the clothes be on the ground floor, or the basement? I am guessing that there is a big mark-up on them.'

'Oh, you don't want to sell ones with marks on them. You should get me to walk around in them like a cat-walk. That would encourage guys to come in and spend money.'

'No, when I said mark-up...' Did I hear her right? Play it carefully Luke. 'Weeeell, that's a good idea. Let's go downstairs and have a look at what we have and see if there is anything suitable.'

I watched her start to sort through the hangers. 'Ohhh this is nice.' It was a see-through net minidress, with a sort of embroidery covering the breasts and crotch.

'Would you like to try it on, and see how it feels.'

'Oh can I, yes please?'

She didn't even look around for a changing room. Her light jumper came over her head, revealing her bra-less bust. C's at a guess. She shimmied the dress on and as it fell her skirt dropped with it, on to the floor. She looked around for a mirror.

'That's nice. There is a mirror in the changing room I think. Look I can't stay down here long in case anybody want's serving in the shop. If you would like to leave your dress in the changing room when you have had a look, just pop upstairs and show me what it looks like.'

I hurried back upstairs just in time to greet Ernest.

'Hello old boy,' he said. 'Has your last one not arrived?'

'No, she's here.' I said. 'She is downstairs trying on a dress you will like. She will be up in a moment. It was her idea. You will like this one as well.'

Sure enough, a few moments later Jane came upstairs. 'I took my panties off as they showed through the lace. What do you think?' She did a little twirl.

'Lovely,' I said.

'Absolutely charming, my dear,' said Ernest. He held out his hand. Hello dear. My name is Ernest. I am sorry I wasn't here when you arrived.'

He had obviously promoted himself onto the interviewing committee.

'In answer to your question earlier,' said Jane. 'I think you should put the clothes here on the ground floor and maybe put the books downstairs. If you do not have the room for both of them. They will make you more money I would think. Can I try some more of the dresses, please?' I will come up and show you what they look like.'

Good idea,' said Ernest. 'I will just finish my conversation up here and then pop down and show you a couple that I particularly like, if you would like to try them on.'

'Well, I think you have another winner there, Luke my boy. Can you afford all four of them? Otherwise it will be a hard choice.'

'The way I see it Ernest, is, can I afford not to hire them all. My idea at the moment is to have Eve as Deputy Manager, I can get a few hours off when she is around. Eve is really more suitable for just being here behind the till for her hours. I can do other things around the shop, make phone calls, check stock, or even pop out briefly. The difficult ones are Flora and Jane. Can I really employ them to do what they want to do best, when what they do best is exactly what I need?'

'I don't understand,' said Ernest.

'Well Flora loves giving blow-jobs and I am having built at least half a dozen viewing booths for DVDs so will be fitting out the area with glory-holes, and Jane just wants to take her clothes off and wear skimpy clothing and I am contemplating having a small purpose-built theatre and catwalk. I could never guarantee to find two more suitable girls if I don't take them on. I guess I need to call Flora and suggest that I can pay her a small retainer, and she can make up the rest with free-lancing at the glory-holes. The same with Jane I guess. A small retainer, or perhaps work up here by the hour as necessary and a guaranteed say 10 hours a week as a catwalk model and show organiser.'

'Sounds good to me,' said Ernest, 'When will the building work be finished? I have to tell the wife I am going to be away from home even longer each day. So far she pushes me out for at least two hours a day to get from under her feet while she is cleaning. Now I reckon I will be able to double that. I might even tell her I have a part-time job.'

I laughed. 'I have a better idea than that. Why don't I offer you a job. I cannot afford to pay you anything, not at first anyway. But you can buy anything in the store at cost, watch the DVDs for free if there is a booth and we are not busy, and I am sure there will be little perks like Flora, and Jane's catwalks. You might even be the compere for her shows?'

He held his hand out to shake, 'You have a deal Luke. We can work out the hours when I know your plans better. Now, in my official capacity as your Personal Assistant I had better go and help Jane try on a few more of those outfits and explain what a wonderful idea it is to have a theatre and catwalk. I will butter her up so she will jump at the job.'

Those five hires were the easiest I have ever done. I was just pleased that I didn't have a dozen applicants, I probably would have taken them all on.

I now had time to have a better look at the layout of the shop. I had the shopfitters coming in the next day and I needed to have plans ready so that they could start the work during next week.

In the end it wasn't that difficult. Downstairs there was plenty of room for six booths with seats just big enough for one very large person or two squeezing together. Between the two rows of three was a small corridor, closed off with doors each end, giving access to the glory holes. It was just wide enough for a mouth at one end and a bottom at the other.

Closable shutters could be placed over the holes from the corridor and the holes would be screened on the booth sides by small curtains. Flash eh! There was just about enough room to expand and build another half dozen if necessary. For the time being I would make small area into an office, with a small table, a couple of chairs a phone and oh, yes, a bed. Well a chaise longue or a big sofa anyway.

The theatre area was a proper room, but just a couple of floor-to-ceiling curtains in front of a tiny stage, with a small changing room behind it. A catwalk would stretch out between about twenty seats. It also would have a dropdown screen and projector in case I wanted to show movies, or the DVDs from the booths, to a larger audience.

Upstairs just needed restructuring. The clothes needed to be brought upstairs. A small changing room would be handy. I decided the door would just be a short curtain, about thirty inches long, suspended on a swivelling support at about four foot six from the ground. Spectators would be able to see the tops of shoulders above the curtain and from mid-thigh downwards at the base. Perfect. A tall mirror would be placed about twenty foot away on another wall, meaning that anyone wanting to try something on and look at it in the mirror would have to walk the width of the shop to do so. Yet another catwalk, I thought to myself.

Moving the clothes meant that I would need extra shelves on the walls and would need to remove a couple of 'island-style' units which at the moment contained dildos and vibrators under glass. They could just be on the shelves, thus more available. Lastly, I needed a couple of open doored booths, containing computers, with a list of suggested web-sites from which we could order items of special interest, with space for a few physical catalogues. Other catalogues would be available on the shelves or the counter itself.

That first week was busy with the carpenters and shopfitters all over the place. In theory we were open, but in practice hardly anybody tried to get in the front door. They were finished upstairs by the Wednesday and started on the basement. Britney and Eve both came in for twenty hours each and divided their time on Monday and Tuesday between handing out flyers and taking photos of some of the more exotic sex aids with their phones to put on Britney's new website. Max insisted that we put a link to it on his own site, where the other branches were showcased, but did allow me to have an independent page as well. He was complimentary about the site and asked Britney to revamp his site as well. Good hire!

Thursday and Friday the girls spent a few hours re-stacking the shelves, as well as distributing the flyers. The grand re-opening was advertised as midday Monday. The shopfitters promised me that they would be working through the weekend but would definitely finish by Sunday afternoon. I rang Flora and asked her if she would like to earn some money and whether she was free Sunday at 3.00. She was and was happy to come in. Hubby was away.

The guys were just finishing up but no-one had told them where to make the glory holes.

'Right, Flora you are the expert. Where should they go.'

She was tickled to give her advice and we soon had three holes, with lockable sliding covers in each wall between the booth and the corridor. On her advice there were two at cock level, which would either be used for two guys or one guy with his cock and a hand. The third hole was higher and could be used for kissing or just looking. This one would only be opened at Flora's discretion. It was her idea. She said she did like to kiss??? She was easily persuaded to try out the holes, and what do you know the builders were on hand as guinea pigs. That saved me a tip which I had promised if they worked quickly.

Monday morning all the girls and Ernest were in by ten, a couple of hours before the opening. I called a staff meeting. How grand.

'Right, we have two hours. Britney, I would like you to run the till. Would you mind dressing up as it is a special opening?'

I really wanted to try and get them into the habit of dressing up. Or was it dressing down?

'Eve, your name-tag will say Deputy Manager, I would like you to meet and greet at the front door, again ideally dressed in one of our costumes, and then manage the upper floor, giving help or advice where possible. Particularly how to use the catalogues booths with the computers. Flora, you of course will be in charge of the booths, offering any services you would like to. A little discretion particularly at first until people get used to the idea. You will have to be seen for the first hour or so to encourage the guys to buy tickets for the video machines in the booths, so again fit yourself out with a costume. And lastly but certainly not least Jane. We will advertise that the first fashion show is at five o'clock, so, until then perhaps you could wander round, help the customers, changing costumes say every half-hour to give a taste of the fashion show. Help yourself to a selection of underwear and raunchy stuff for about a forty-minute show at five. We will see how this goes and then work out times that you are available to put on a show or two daily. Okay everyone, off you go. Ernest, stay with me a tick.'

They all headed off for the large clothing department. We had emailed pictures of some of our stock to gyms, photo-shops and a variety of escort agencies, call-girls, strip-clubs and left flyers in phone booths. We would hope for word of mouth after this.

'Ernest old buddy. I would like you at first to supervise the girl's choice of costumes. I know you will enjoy that. I want classy, well, as classy as we can manage, at first, particularly for Britney and Eve. No tits or pussies showing, just hinting at peeping out. I would like them to get used to wearing the costumes. Secondly keep your eye open for any men that look embarrassed to be served by the girls and lastly make sure that the theatre fashion show is anything but classy. Perhaps suggest to Jane that you will compere it for her. That will enable you to make sure there is plenty of flesh showing and maybe even get some of the customers involved, you know feeling the material, that sort of thing. Start covered if you like but it has to be worth the money I am going to charge, so it ends up with open-crotch panties and quarter-cover shelf bras, see-through lingerie. You know what I want. Maybe some of those Bradi beaded underwear that just came in. With the string of pearls through the crotch. It looks expensive and is really hot. There is a good margin on them too. If Jane has any qualms let me know and I will have to talk a little more compensation for her.'

'I'm your man.' I knew Ernest would be good at this.

The girls, with Ernest never far behind, paraded in front of me just before we opened. Eve had the dress that she had tried on for me at her interview. A long black silky affair, backless, with slits up the side and a low-cut decolletage. She still made it look almost classy. Britney nicely hit the spot with a naughty school-girl outfit, Flora the harem costume with the g-string, but no bra, and Jane a full set of bra, panties, stockings, suspenders and a gauzy baby-doll nightie. Just the job to encourage punters to pay to see her show.

I unlocked the front door a couple of minutes before midday and I was delighted to see more than a trickle of guys come in, maybe eight or ten. A decent start I thought. Within half an hour the place was positively buzzing, two or three couples, none of whom were probably married to each other I suspected, half a dozen ladies, a single, in a smart business suit. A couple who looked like strippers, and three girls who were probably at lunch from their office. I introduced myself to these three. They were fun and had obviously had a couple of drinks along with their sandwich in the pub down the road. I kept things very light but suggested that if they became good customers, or managed to bring in some of their colleagues, I might be able to find them a discount.

By three o'clock it had gone a little quieter, but there still about a dozen people in there. These were guys who knew what they wanted to look at, mainly the DVDs before they wended their way downstairs to the booths. Their eyes followed the girls around the floor, particularly Jane. I managed to sell all the tickets for the fashion show. Maybe I needed to find a way of getting more than twenty chairs in there? Benches maybe? Every time I looked Flora was nowhere to be seen. I suspect she was busy in the corridor between the booths. Britney was busy, at times there was almost a queue.

I asked Britney to stay until six that first day so that I could check out the fashion show. I stood at the back. It went as well as I could have imagined. Ernest had drawn a ticket raffle, and the winner was able to sit at the front and touch all the clothing, 'to check the quality'.

Perhaps eventually we could sell those tickets separately I thought.

Jane received tumultuous applause and then there was another rush at the till as the guys left, invariably buying underwear, DVds or magazines.

All in all, a good days trading I thought. I sent Britney and Eva off after arranging when they would come in next. Jane arrived upstairs glowing with pride and satisfaction for the applause. I gave her twenty pound as a tip, for a good job done.

Ernest and I sat around chewing the fat until I suddenly remembered that I had hardly seen Flora all day. Was she still here or had she gone already? I left Ernest to mind the till, not that there were many people left, it was eight o'clock already, and went down to the booths. I could see from the lights that there were three still occupied. I popped my head around the door to the corridor between them and there was Flora, her mouth firmly attached to a cock. She looked around and waved me in, while she finished.

'What a day I have had,' she said. 'Thank you so much. Would you like a quick shag? Here is a condom. It's gone quiet now. There are only two booths occupied and both those gentlemen will be leaving soon I suspect. They have both been served.'

She dropped to her knees and within seconds I was hard as she licked and sucked at my dick.

'Would you mind sitting on the chair so that I can go up and down on you myself. I am a bit tired after bending down so much today. I will be better with practice though,' she was quick to reassure me.

What was I to say except 'Thank you?'

I finished off and told her that it was time she was getting off home, as I was thinking of closing soon. 'Pop upstairs and see me before you leave.'

Ernest disappeared off to see his wife and a few minutes later Flora came up with her face a wreath of smiles, back in her jeans and a jumper.

'I have made about six hundred pounds,' she said. 'Do I have to give it all to you or do I get to keep some if it. We never really discussed how I was going to be paid.'

I nearly fell over, partly by the amount she had made and partly by her honesty in even thinking that she might have to give me all of it.

'Why don't you keep half of it,' I said. 'But do me a favour, don't tell any of the other girls how, or how much you get paid. They won't have the same opportunity.'

'That's so generous. Thank you so much. I will come in as often as I can. Will that be alright. And if the other girls want to have a go as well, perhaps on their lunch breaks or something I really won't mind. They are all nice girls and it will be fun working with them. And there were times today there was a bit of a queue, although I could do two at a time if they were in adjoining booths and sometimes even a third if the gentleman was in the opposite side and I bent over. Anyway I will be off now. I am really tired. I can afford an Uber, think of that. Me taking a taxi home from work. Well, it wasn't really work either was it?' she smiled at me.

She left happy while I looked at the takings.

I left happy as well.

Making money is all about hiring the right people I decided.

12