All Comments on 'Righting Wrongs'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
NYSwedeNYSwedealmost 3 years ago

I always like your stuff... Nice story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Good story! It reminds me of some of the song challenge series by Jake

Rivers.

5

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Love is grand AAA+++

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Having some difficulty with telling a story when you’re dead, we’d have to buy into the ridiculous concept of an after life, as we all know there isn’t one it turns this into just a bit of fun and nonsense, but it was pretty good for what it was.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Loved it ! Just one nit to pick, El Paso and it's characters were written and made famous by Marty Robbins before, the Grateful Dead.

WillDevoWillDevoalmost 3 years ago

Well, ain't that a kick in the pants. Good references in the story to the three well-chosen tunes, though I'd preferred it ended with something like Orleans's "Still the One" instead of Bon Jovi. Five stars for giving me a quick fifteen minute story to read before I head off to the office.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Terrific

You packed a lot into a thousand words. Great stuff!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

I could hear Marty Robbins singing 'Feleena' during the whole read.... Same ending too,

/

4.6*, Hooyah...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, it really is only one thousand words. Must have took a lot of editing to accomplish that feat. THANKS

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 3 years ago

I always liked that song, now even more. Great job!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Excellent work. That is well chosen 1000 words. Marty Robbins says “ Howdy”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Only one minor nit with this well-done short story. Texas Hold'Em didn't really come into popularity to the 1960's, or exist at all until the early 1900's. So, going 'all in' wasn't really a thing during the Old West.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

Well done. One of the best short ones I have read.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Best I recall on here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

shame what happened to the girl but I guess for him it was good to die as he did. She was really damaged goods by then so it would be rough to stay anyway.

RiverMayaRiverMayaalmost 3 years ago

Will echo what I've read below - ome of the best.

dc6370dc6370almost 3 years ago

1,000 powerful words.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Wow

This tale was brilliant. You could have made a long winded epic with this but it is perfect the way it is.

Five Stars

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

By the way

"Blaze of Glory" is perfect for this tale.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I loved it! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I guess someone's gonna have to write another song now. Nicely done.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

Impressive display of wordsmanship. You made them all count. A beautiful gem of a story.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 3 years ago

Well done: a taut tale, well told - as always!

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongalmost 3 years ago

seems like I heard a song very similar to that story except it happened in Laredo; that song was one of my Dad's favorites and was placed at the gravesite when we buried him; he was 103 years old.

AxelottoAxelottoalmost 3 years ago
First one of yours I ever didn't like*

Yowza. I never thought it could happen, but this one just didn't work. Too short, too skimpy on details, lacking in the feeling of verisimilitude (up to now, even your wildest yarns SEEMED plausible). Plus a cast of characters I just didn't care about (if it were written, it would get the 8 deadly words - ""I don't care what happens to these people" - as I flung it across the room.

I am disappoint.

Axelotto

*Que Tim Curry saying, "I didn't make him for YOU!"

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 3 years ago

Nice job, as always. A little bit of "Cross the Brazos at Waco" in there too.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 3 years ago

Liked the story, short and too the point. Just one thing got me to scratching my head, the "Grateful Dead"? Never knew they did the song, but if you say they did I guess you should know. IMHO couldn't be as good as Marty Robbins did it though.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Marty Robbins would have laughed at that one. "One little kiss and Felina, good-bye........."

burningloveburninglovealmost 3 years ago

I like Westerns and the justice meted out - the color of the hats and the moral.

5*****.

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What happens next? Follow up plz…

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago
El Paso

Marty Robbins, and El Paso is forever on my Playlist. Well done story, Five Stars.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 1 year ago

Beautiful ode to Marty Robbins!!! Love his trilogy! Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

no relationship to loving wife's just a short cowboy story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs"

One of the best damn Country albums ever made. End of story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Simple right to the point and the goo doesn't always live, that's the west.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Dead only did El Paso in concert - nearly 400 times! Good story, love a good western. 5 stars

As far as the comment about texas holdem, annie is right EXCEPT no one said it was anything but poker. If you felt lucky you were free to bet what you want, even it was everything you had!

somewhere east of Omaha

chytownchytownabout 1 year ago

***Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...

SIMILAR Stories