Rise of the Cat Women Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If I wanted to get away, I would go home," Kitten said as they were discussing where to look for Doc next.

"This is home," Honey said patting the ground next to herself.

"Yes but you and Tracker were never humans. Since Kitten was a human first, home is where she was before she became."

Candy nodded, "That makes sense." She looked at John, "Doc would have tried to reach her human home when she left."

"I agree," John said nodding. "But where is her human home?"

Candy smiled, "Candy will tell you for a cookie."

Ignoring Candy, John looked around at the others, "While this place is nice, I would like to continue on for as long as we can. However, the choice is yours. All of you are the ones who are pregnant, not I."

"Tracker goes with John."

As the others nodded in agreement John held up his hand, "I said I would stay if you wanted to stay here."

"Honey understood Tracker," Honey replied. She looked at John and added, "If John wants to keep moving then sisters will keep moving also."

He should have known, John thought to himself. The girls would do whatever he wanted to do, so asking their opinion was a waste of time. Looking at Candy he said, "Looks like you get a cookie. Now where is Doc's home?"

Candy smiled as she picked up a stick. She started drawing a map as she talked, "We are here, the cave up here. Doc operated here on Kitty." She paused and started drawing other lines, "These are streams we passed bringing her to where Kitty was at." Pointing to the last line she said, "We followed this stream up from just outside the town where Doc lived."

Looking at the map Candy drew John said softly, "How far?"

"Following the same path, a few weeks more or less."

"What about cross country?" Honey asked

"From here to here," Candy asked pointing from one end to the other.

"Yes, what if we just went right there?" she asked.

John looked at here, "We can't do that. There is a chance Doc got turned aside along the way." He didn't mention the odds that Doc was long dead.

"We have to follow the same path," Candy agreed.

"This town, how big was it," John asked.

"Candy would say around fifty to one hundred thousand humans."

"Ouch..." John looked at the spot on the map a long time as he thought. How much did he owe for the search of this Doc person. Was it worth chancing being anywhere near a large town to look for her? Finally, he said, "I don't like it. If I was alone I might chance it once I got close enough to see how many humans are there now." Seeing and feeling their panic he added quickly, "Don't worry, I'm not planning on leaving you."

Even though he didn't want to continue on John sighed, "Only thing to do is go and see if it is still filled with people and if we can get a line on doc along the way." He looked up at them and added, "We leave in the morning." Looking at Tracker John added, "Tracker, I want you to keep an eye on Little Bit as we are on the move. If she needs to stop, I want you to tell me." He leaned forward and said looking around, "It is fine for you all to gut it out when you're tired but she is just a pup and will need breaks."

"Tracker understands John." She looked at Little Bit who was sleeping nearby and added, "Tracker will listen to little sister's needs and tell John."

"That's all I have," John started to say. Suddenly he felt Winnie's misgivings about something and stood, "Care to go for a little walk Winnie?"

Winnie looked up guiltily. After a moment she said softly, "Of course John." She followed him over to the stream and sat down when he patted the ground next to him.

Sitting with his feet dangling over the bank John watched the water a long time before saying softly, "Want to talk about it?"

"John knows what is best for the family so Winnie will get over her worry."

Still not looking at Winnie sitting next to him John sighed loudly. "We both know I can read you like a book if I choose to dear. We both also know that yes any misgivings you have you will get over." He raised his head to look at her directly before continuing, "However, I want to know, from you, in your own words, what is troubling you. Do I need to make it an order or pull it from your mind?"

Winnie looked up at John, "Winnie wonders what happened to Little Bit's mother. Feeling Tracker and Honey's initial reaction to a wolf in camp, she thinks that the town up the hill had something to do with it. Therefore, she fears for Little Bit when we pass through there."

John looked at her a long moment, "Why didn't I see that before. Yes, you might well be right on how Little Bit's mother disappeared. We will have to bypass the town so that she will not be in danger." He smiled and added, "I'm glad you told me."

Smiling back at her master Winnie said, "Winnie feels better now that she told John."

"Now if you can get the others to voice their concerns..." John mumbled.

"Winnie can try..." She said mentally to him, "But it is hard; our minds are locked into a submissive mindset towards you."

He smiled at her and gave Winnie a long hug, "That's all I can ask."

It was slow going; it seemed that every time they hit their stride, Little Bit needed to take a break. It was because of these little twenty minute breaks every couple hours that they didn't make the town until late that night. John had planned on camping just past it in the next valley so the next day they could back track to Doc's house. Because of the late hour, the party stayed on the opposite side of the river, even so Kitten, who was in the lead, ran across a guard.

The strange cat woman carried a spear with a bronze tip and was one of the original survivors of Ann's domination. Deciding to call an early break John had everyone come up together. The last two were Tracker with Little Bit following and that's when it hit the fan. The woman on seeing the wolf puppy screamed, "WOLF!" and attacked her.

Tracker following John's orders blocked the attack and tackled the woman. Even as John tried to explain the nature of Little Bit's place in his family the sounds of alarm were being raised in the town across the river. They came boiling across the river like hounds on a raccoon.

It was Honey who fired first. She sprayed the air in an effort to calm the cat women. Instead they launched an attack at her and drove her to the ground and that pushed the others into firing into the mob. It was a bloodbath, and one by one they were driven to the ground where their screams of pain and anger rung through the forest. Only John and Little Bit remained facing the crazed mob, his rifle empty and lying on the ground. "Come on, come on and die," he growled.

Just as they rushed in he felt wetness on his face. "Was he crying or was it rain?" he wondered confused. Suddenly he sat up wide awake, Little Bit beside him whimpering as she looked at him. "It was a dream..." he said to her. "It was just a dream."

Giving her a caress he thought to the puppy, "Everything will be okay Little Bit, it was just a bad dream and nothing more." He thought about going back to sleep but the nightmare memories made that impossible. Instead he picked up Little Bit and went outside and made a small fire. Putting water on to boil, he caressed her as she curled up into his lap. Once the water was hot John made a cup of coffee and then said, "Little Bit would you go wake up the others please?" John smiled as she gave a happy yip and ran into the shelter.

"Ouch!" A moment later Candy and looked at John, "You told her to bite me?"

"I told her to get you; I guess you didn't listen when she talked." John replied simply. He looked at the others as they came out followed by Little Bit wagging her tail happily. "That's my good girl," he said as she ran back to him.

He made coffee for each of the others and told them his dream. "Now I don't always have nightmares, but this one has a ring of plausibility." He looked down at the puppy and stroked her head before adding, "I would just as soon as not have it become a reality. Any ideas?"

In the end he decided that Kitten, Honey, and Candy would go out first and make sure no one would be surprised. He and Tracker would be in the middle and lastly Baby Girl and Winnie would act as outriders. In addition, Tracker's pack would only have the bear pelt in it so Little Bit could ride when she got tired of walking.

After breaking camp they started out. Little Bit trotted along happily with them for the first few minutes and then got bored. She would go off on a tangent and lead Tracker on a merry chase before coming back to the party. Between the puppy and the fact that the women were nearing term, they made terrible time. It was so bad, that instead of passing the town that first evening, it was the middle of the day the second day on the trail when they reached it.

About three miles out the others stopped while Kitten, Honey and Candy went up to scout and let Tammy know they were passing through. A few minutes later Honey's voice said in John's mind, "Tammy begs to meet with John. She suggests that you two meet at the place you met before."

"Very well," John replied. He led the others to the sandy shore of the small lake. He smiled at Tracker as she and Little Bit played and splashed in the water.

A few minutes later Tammy and the others appeared on the other side. Instead of swimming over she gestured to one side and John watched they went east out of sight. It was almost five minutes later when he heard them coming through the brush on his side of the lake.

As they broke through the brush, with Tammy in the lead she caught sight of Little Bit and rush forward saying, "Ohh a wolf pup!"

Just as in his dream John saw Tracker growl and launch herself at the cat woman. Instead of it being a stranger she was attacking it was Tammy and instead of a spear, she was carrying a small hand axe. Tracker drove her to the ground and sprung to her feet. "You no hurt family!" she growled as the others readied their weapons.

"Stop," John yelled. He had felt Tammy's confusion and fear. He looked towards Honey, Kitten, and Candy and added, "Safe those weapons!" He saw a crowd gathering across the small lake watching them. "Now set them down."

They looked at them as if he had lost his mind and he heard Baby Girl say in his mind. "John is making a mistake."

He lost it then, John's mind seething with stress and anger blasted, "Perhaps but it is MY choice! Now drop it or pick a direction and start running! That means all of you..." He had to close his eyes and take several deep breaths to calm down. When he opened them, not only had the four before him dropped their weapons and knelt but Baby Girl and Winnie had joined them with their heads also against the ground.

It was then that John noticed Tammy, and the women across the lake were also kneeling in his direction. Looking down at Little Bit who had come over to sit close to him he said softly, "The storm has passed little one." Looking at Tammy he added, "Care to explain why you rushed my cub with an axe?"

Not raising her head Tammy replied, "The axe is a gift for you and I was so happy to see a puppy that I forgot I had it in my hand." She sat up and looked up at John, "I do not know what we did to displease you or your mates but this..." She gestured towards the axe, "Was to be a peace offering to say we were sorry." Tammy looked down and added softly, "Instead of making things better I made it worse."

Walking over to sit before her John said softly, "You did nothing wrong Tammy, there is nothing to be sorry for." He sighed, "I had a nightmare about passing through here and one of your sisters attacking Little Bit and then things getting out of hand until we, and most of you all died." John looked at his girls still with their heads to the ground, "Of course my girls were a bit trigger happy when you ran forward. But the fault was on our side, not yours."

Tammy looked at John and then down at the little wolf cub, "We would never do that, we have wolves living with us now." She scratched Little Bit behind the ear and smiled down at her, "But they aren't as cute as you are dear." When she looked back up, John's face was inches from hers. His eyes locked on to hers and she felt as if she was falling forward.

Suddenly Tammy's mind went back to when they first met. Seeing John and the others on the far side of the lake filled the town with excitement. These three were the first other cat women to see in the flesh after being isolated in the mountains. That one of them was different added to the excitement that swept through her. Then when she exited the water and caught John's scent a wave of fear filled her.

"Why did you fear me," John's voice asked in her mind.

The scene froze and Tammy was standing off to one side with John next to her watching her memory. "Because you were male," she said after a moment. She looked at him beside her and added, "I wanted to be true to Frank's memory." When he did not reply she continued, "Frank was my husband and died that first terrible winter."

"That's not the reason," John's voice said calmly.

"No... I wanted you so much it scared me," Tammy finally admitted.

The scene shifted to where her old friends came to the town and their catching up. After a time, Baby Girl asked, "What's with all the questions about John?" Laughing she added, "Are you applying for a position to become his slave?"

Like the other, the scene froze and John asked, "Were you?"

Tammy looked at him and saw the others kneeling behind him. Not only where they kneeling but they all had iron collars around their necks. A wave of envy washed over her, she wanted to be there kneeling at his feet too. Lowering her eyes, she said softly, "Yes..."

"What about the others, your sisters in town? Would you just walk away and leave them without a leader?"

She turned and saw her family, sisters, all watching her with worry in their minds. Turning back, she looked at John and said as her eyes welled with unshed tears, "I cannot leave them..." Sighing she looked down and added softly, "As Spock said...the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one."

"What say you?" John said looking at his girls.

In one voice they replied, "She is worthy master."

Tammy looked at them feeling gratitude. Even if she could never join them the fact that they accepted her was a relief. Before she could speak John was nuzzling her and licking her muzzle. Her mind melted with pleasure and she came into heat. She needed him and began to purr loudly as she returned his licks with her own.

Before John could go any further, Honey stopped him. "John her place is here." When he didn't stop she added mentally, "Or must I take her place here." That stopped him cold. Even as the horror of the idea filled the others Honey stood looking at him calmly.

"You would do that to me? To your family?" John asked staring at her in shock. That she used first person made her threat real and he knew it. He looked at the female who was more than ready to mate with him and entered her mind. "You will train a replacement and follow when she is ready." Tammy whimpered in need so he added, "Girls, it seems Tammy needs a little tender loving."

Turning to Honey, John took her hand and walked a little way away from the others. Letting go he sat down and patted the ground next to him. Wordlessly Honey sat down next to him and then bent over and rested her head on his lap. He brushed her fur with his claws and said, "Thank you love."

Instead of replying he felt her break down and begin to whimper. "It's okay Honey, my sweet honey girl. I forgive your outburst. But I am glad you saved me from my lust." It took a long time to calm her back down and she may not have Little Bit had come over and whimpered at her.

"It's okay Little Bit," Honey said getting up enough to lick the wolf cub in the face. A moment later she giggled and nodded her head. Little Bit looked up at John a long moment and nipped him on the side. As he yelped and rubbed his side she said, "Little Bit said you were bad for hurting her sister's feelings. But she forgives her pack leader because he is male and slow." Honey giggled and added, "Honey forgive John too for being slow but still wonders what spank is and if she earned one yet."

"Yes but we will have to wait until tonight." John paused and looked down at Little Bit, "I would spank you too but you are right about males." Standing he went over to where the others were making love to Tammy. "It is time to go." As fast as they had started, they stopped just as quickly. He offered his hands to the cat woman and pulled her to her feet.

"You will train your replacement and follow," he said as he stroked her face and muzzle. John looked at the others and then back to Tammy, "and you have until your sister Tracker gives birth." He paused and picked up the axe. Going to a tree he striped the bark for about four inches. "One flash means you are on the right track. Two means a turn on that side of the path."

Dropping her eyes Tammy replied, "Yes John." She looked back up as she added, "You are my lord and master and I will follow you to the ends of the earth."

"I know it will be hard on you. But Honey was right, you cannot leave your old tribe leaderless," John transmitted to her. He smiled as he added mentally, "If you need, ask and one of your new sisters will come guide you to me." He looked at the others as he said, "It is time."

One by one each of the girls hugged and nuzzled Tammy. The last was Honey who looked her for a long time before hugging her tightly. Out of character both giggled and looked at John before breaking apart. Crouching down Tammy licked Little Bit's face and looked at John. She smiled and then without a word turned and walked back to the town.

"Candy, Baby Girl... out front and scout out a path. Kitten, Winnie rear and watch our 6," John commanded. He looked down at Little Bit and said, "I need you to stay close to Tracker and not lead her on merry chases."

"She said she will try but..." Tracker replied with a smile.

As they traveled that day, John would mark the trees every mile or so just as he told Tammy he would. They made better time once they hit the trail leading away from the town and heading south. Looking up at the dark clouds behind him he mentally said to Candy, "Find shelter, a storm is coming." Even though he had asked they traveled a little more than an hour along a ridge before he heard from Candy.

"Candy found shelter for John," she transmitted. Before he could ask she added, "Two clicks off trail."

He was about to ask why so far but Honey touched his arm. "John needs to trust Candy now."

"Very well Candy. You and Baby Girl set up camp," John replied looking at the dark clouds rolling in.

By the time he reached the camp Candy had found them it was snowing hard. The place was a large evergreen with snow up to its lower limbs. He followed Baby Girl through a snow tunnel and found the base of the tree was free of snow and had a thick layer of pine needles. Once Winnie and Kitten arrived they closed the tunnel off and settled down.

The girls spread the bear fur on the pine needles and fed Little Bit silently. Finally, John said softly, "I know I screwed up. There is no need to give me the silent treatment."

"It's not that John. Candy and her sisters do not understand marking our trail," Candy replied not looking at him. "But Candy is only a female and not understand the ways of males."

John about choked on the water he was drinking. "Tracker, if you wanted to lead someone away from your old family what would you do?"

She thought for a long time before answering. "Tracker would lead follower away." Her eyes got big as she realized what John had done, "Tracker would make trail a human could follow." He had set his pride and future cubs as bait to save the city. "But Tracker does not understand John."