Rise of the Roxo Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's look at your portfolio."

"I don't have one."

"Then your CV."

"I've mislaid it."

"Ohmigod, the cheek of some women," muttered the receptionist.

"Come into my office and you too Vera and close the door behind you."

"Remove your dress."

Beau knew the guy was speaking to her.

"My god Geoffrey. What's gotten into you?"

He didn't answer. Beau removed her dress, standing just in high heels, bra and tiny boy shorts.

"Do you hip pose."

"Ohmigod, I'm out of here."

"Stay here Vera. You are my chaperone."

"Ohmigod, it's her," Vera marveled. "The Roxo Girl."

"Sorry about that," Geoffrey grinned. "We get look alikes from time to time who claim they are someone else and even posses fake papers. No one I've ever met could stand like you just did oozing sex."

"Geoffrey!"

"I can't do anything for you young lady. I specialize in placing older people into support roles. Here's my sister's address. With her you'll be in the hands of one of New York's finest."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes he's sure miss. We operate reciprocals with Meridian who is a thoroughbred of theater agency, like her father was. You deserve the very best and because Geoffrey is referring you don't expect to be exploited. We shall follow your career."

Beau smiled. "I shall send you opening night tickets when I work up to star or first lead roles, if that is to happen."

"Give her our card Vera. We'll expect to see you on opening night within six months."

"You're kidding but I like it."

"Geoffrey never kids Miss Roxo."

Beau handed across her card and left, knowing she'd just had one of those memorable experiences that famous people write about in their memoirs.

The offices of Miss Meridian Blake were on the 31st floor of a very smart building, granite and polished brass everywhere. One of the three receptionists stood and said, "Welcome Miss Brooke. It's such an honor having you here. Please follow me."

"Hi sweetheart, please call me Meridian. Geoffrey dear was blown away by you. I guess you can see I'm the kid sister," said the woman in her late forties. "Grace please stay. Kindly remove you dress Miss Brooke. Geoffrey urged me to ask to see the pose."

Meridian was impressed. "Ohmigod. What do you think Grace?"

"Fantastic. Clear the decks for Miss Blake's launching of Miss Brooke's career to mainstream Broadway."

"Oh ladies, I really don't think..."

"You are not required to think Miss Brooke. You remunerate me to do that for you."

"Um ladies, please call me Beau."

"Thank you Beau. I have a small drama coaching studio. You'll start there at 9:00 in the morning."

"Won't you require me to sign something?"

"I'll get a draft contract to you within the next day or two. You should find a reputable attorney to go through it with you and be with your when you face my team at the signing. Go with Grace now to get the address of the studio and the address of my apartment when I want you to arrive at 6:00 this evening for dinner. I want to know everything about you. I'm dropping most of my workload to devote time to you. Obviously you are hoping to get your career really underway. Like you I too have aspirations. I've waited for years to have someone like you enter my office."

"Like me?"

"Yes Beau. You really have no idea, do you?"

"Er no."

"You have the sheer presence sweetheart needed for theater and film and I'd expect you have a lot more to reveal."

"Ohmigod."

"Yes quite and imagine how I feel about you?"

"Please don't tell me. Just let what might happen, happen."

"Ah yes. Spoken like a trooper Beau."

Grace gave Beau the two addresses and whispered, "Don't get over-excited about this but in the eight years I've been with Miss Blake never have I heard her go so completely over the top with an initial audition as she did just now. We have almost 2000 people registered as clients and of course some will also be listed with other agents. Miss Blake has instantly seen something in you, what she terms sheer presence, meaning stage or set presence. I suggest you look that up on the Internet."

"Have you had theater training Grace?"

"I have a BA in Fine Arts (Theater) and have stage experience but there is just so many people with huge talent in this city I just never made it. This is my life now. I accompany our clients to auditions and after that for initial introductions. I'm becoming well known and have a huge number of contacts and one day may be invited to become Miss Blake's partner."

"Girls this is Miss Brooke."

"The Roxo Girl," said the young blonde at reception.

"This is Justine and our young blonde is Maxine. Miss Brooke is about to sign on."

"You have an amazing voice Miss Brooke and move so well and maintain your filmed actions without obvious pretence."

"Thank you Maxine. I guess that's what training gives you. Are you doing online study for a fine arts degree?"

Maxine looked astonished at being asked that. "Yes Miss Brooke and Miss Blake is generous about giving me time off to attend block course practical sessions in acting."

CHAPTER 3

Meridian's town house overlooking St Nicholas Park in Chelsea had been renovated fairly recently. They sat drinking white wine, Meridian telling Beau the house had been purchased new by her late parents as a retirement home.

"It's lovely and reasonably near your office."

"Yes I walk everywhere within five miles. I lease out the garage."

Beau found out how Meridian followed her father into agency, starting as his PA and then becoming his junior partner and they buying out the business. She then began questioning Beau, making notes after asking for permission.

They walked through the park before returning to the house for chicken pasta followed by a lemon tart, all beautifully cooked.

"Where are you living?"

"Not far from here, a pricey two-bedroom rental condo in West Village. I hope to attract someone to share but am in no hurry to do that. I'm financially well-heeled at the moment but am itching to get into steady work."

"Well I can do that for you. Tell me, do you wish an easy ride or do the hard grind and benefit from that as you mature into acting."

"I've never back-off from work that I know will benefit me."

"Good," Meridian said. "Well work you through blood, sweat and tears. Three months, five days a week, 9:00 through to 2:00 and the rest of the day is yours."

"I can worker longer if required."

"My desire is to work you in, not burn you out. Follow my proven regime and you'll do fine. Agency is only part of my life; I've been a part-time drama coach for twelve years. Before that I acted, starting at the age of seven."

"I want your very best Meridian. Let's talk money."

"Those three months require no money to be paid over. I shall live off you for the remainder of your working life or until you terminate your three-year contact with me. I'll take a percentage of your earnings, as you and I agree."

"Make the percentage fair and I'll easily agree."

The doorbell went. Meridian checked the monitor and said with surprise, "Oh it's my son. There was a buzz and she said into the microphone, "Come to the dining room darling."

Beau said, "Son? I assumed being referred to as Miss that you'd never married."

"And that's true darling. I was popped one night at a party by a couple of guys who were only vaguely known to me and I was in no mood to find out when discovering I was pregnant. Nelson knows but we find no need to talk about it."

A handsome guy with wavy dark blond hair entered. Beau thought he looked her age, or perhaps twenty-five or six.

His smile was big until he saw Beau and he gaped. "Jesus, you're the Roxo Girl."

"Past tense, was. Meridian is taking me on, with special attention."

"That's great, I'll see more of you."

"Beau is recently arrived so knows no one in Manhattan Nelson and she'd looking for a roommate. Have you found a new apartment yet?"

"No."

"Well perhaps when you take Beau to a movie tomorrow night you could talk about your housing needs further. All I've done is complete the preambles. I guess you were unaware when arriving I could conjure up a date for you?"

"I have Jane and sometimes Jennifer."

"I like neither of them Nelson. I do like Beau."

"Beau I'm sorry. You don't choose your mother."

"It's okay Nelson. My mom is somewhat keen on intervention as well. It's only a movie not marriage. Just let me know when it's convenient."

"Nelson is living in West Village but is on notice to quit. He'll walk you home this evening."

"Mom!"

"What? Get yourself a beer and open a bottle of wine for us."

* * *

Meridian waved them off, looking very pleased, probably because Nelson had already taken Beau's arm.

"You are very beautiful Beau."

"Thank you. Are you going to kiss me?"

Nelson didn't wait to debate that question. He swung around and kissed her.

"You kiss great."

"Thank you kind sir. Are you afraid of me?"

He hesitated before saying no, he was just a little in awe. "You are so beautiful and so talented."

"So you know about acting?"

"I grew up with it all round me and was a child actor but dropped it when going to high school. However I took drama at college and went on to university to complete a master's and now am back at my old college as a junior drama instructor. I see you often on TV in ads, acting so naturally and that is so difficult to do. Even when being interviewed you exhibit this engaging presence. You know what?"

"What?"

"Please don't tell mom I told you this. To my knowledge you are the only new client she's entertained at home. I bet she has great hopes for you. She's been waiting for years for someone to come along with star quality."

"Are you saying I have star quality?"

"If it's in you, mom and her team will bring it out. That's all I'm saying and don't get big headed about it because that can be fatal. You must go through the whole learning and preparation curve in order to release your full potential. Please make this your number one rule: I must not become overly precious."

"You mean too full of shit?"

"God yes, that's the perfect description. Because you are an adult the use of the word precocious seemed unsuitable. How old are you?"

"Rising twenty-five."

"I turned twenty-six about seven months ago."

"Have you been thinking of sleeping with me?"

"Yes."

"What about tonight."

"Do you have condoms?"

Beau laughed. "Yeah a few complimentary Roxo ones."

"Unused?"

"Of course you clown.

* * *

Standing, both nude, Nelson squeezed Beau's left breast while working up his erection with his other hand.

"Oh I'm so eager for this. It's been a long while since I've had sex."

"I had sex last night."

"Who with, Jennifer of Jane?"

"Natalie but don't mention that name to mom. She's one of mom's drama coaches who works with children."

"Naughty boy not telling you mom things likely to really interest her."

"You don't understand..."

"I understand very well. I was just teasing. You appear strong. Lift me up and I'll guide you in. I feel moist enough already. I did say I was keen for this but first roll this on."

"God you're a great fuck," Nelson wheezed, temporarily depleted of energy. He sunk to the floor.

"I usually aim to please. Call your roommate. You best stay the night because I haven't half finished with you."

"Okay providing you ride me cowgirl. I feel about done just at the moment."

A couple of minutes later Nelson returned from the bathroom and began dressing.

Beau, waiting on the bed with her legs invitingly open asked in surprise, "Are you leaving?"

"Yes my roommate Wanda insists I come home, saying my allegiance is to her."

Beau, who'd assumed the roommate would be male, had no answer for that comment and sighed, wondering why she'd foolishly insisted he should make that call.

"Um will we see each other again?"

"Perhaps socially but not like this. You must understand, Wanda is one tough bitch."

"Oh god, another piece of drama for my memoirs," Beau said.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Shut the door properly on your way out."

Beau was surprisingly energized next morning when she responded to her clock alarm, showered and dressed. She went out to a nearby diner for coffee and a cottage cheese bagel.

A guy who looked dressed for going to the gym or returning from the gym asked politely, "May I join you?"

Beau looked around. There were several empty tables but obviously he had a purpose in mind. "Yes of course."

"I'm Harry Mews."

"Hi, Beau Brooke."

He grinned, "Haven't you heard of me?"

"Sorry, haven't you heard of me?"

They both laughed and said he'd been raised in Nebraska. "I run the hugely popular Sunday night 'This Really is Show Bus' on the second largest network."

"I don't watch much TV apart from a couple of girly shows. I must take a look at your show this Sunday."

"Thanks. You must be new around here?"

"I shifted in a fortnight ago and start work today."

"As a business exe?"

"I wish, that would be easier."

"You look familiar."

"Naughty boy. That pick-up line was used in my grandmother's day."

He laughed, showing great teeth and his blue eyes lit up. Beau thought this was more like the kind of guy she envisaged for a domestic partner. He was probably married with four kids."

"It was lovely talking to you Harry. I must fly. We must do this again."

He looked surprised. "I'm off to the gym. You may join me if you wish. They give new people a trial day."

"No work calls. Can't be even a minute late on my first day."

* * *

Harry Mews eyed Beau's departing butt and wondered what it would be like to playfully nip those curves. He'd largely had not enjoyed New York women, and most were a little too forward and too hard for a country boy. Although many had not been originally from New York it seemed that the environment hardened them. As for the mothers of city born babes, Jesus. They made his mom appear the softest mannered female on the planet.

He yawned as he finished his steak sandwich and went off to the gym. When he was warming up on one of the bikes, celebrity TV presenter Marcy Stockman came in beside him and yawned, "Hi Harry."

He made a kissing gesture and drew a smile. Marcy had some softness but unfortunately she was also married. They complimented each other about recent TV performances and during a lull Harry said, "Does the name Beau Brooke ring a bell?"

"Yes the Roxo Girl." She glanced at the dismay on Harry's face and laughed, "Oh darling, you haven't let her slip through your groping fingers have you?"

He now looked annoyed and that gave Marcy his answer.

"Is she here in Manhattan?"

He nodded.

"Around here?"

He sighed and nodded and said neighborhood was big area in any part of New York.

"Think Harry, where did you see her?"

"I met her in the diner just down the street."

"And you talked to her and didn't match her name with who she was?"

"Marcy don't be too hard on me. I'm just a guy."

"Oh yeah, right. Well keep going back to that diner for a few days around that time."

"She was starting work, first day, and was keen not to be late."

"So she starts work at 9:00. What does she do?"

"I didn't ask."

"But you told her what you do?"

Harry nodded.

"God you men who lazily allow women to make all the conversation."

"She is very beautiful Marcy and moves like a dream."

Marcy laughed and said Beau was probably here for drama coaching, that there some drama coaching schools in the area.

"How many?"

"I have no idea. Just maintain a stakeout at the diner Harry if she's that important to you. She's probably here for the long haul, to break into New York theater."

"Do you really think so? God you are great Marcy," Harry said, jumping off his bike and kissing her. I'm off to lift weights. Yippee."

That afternoon at work Marcy dropped in on her friend Chesney, head of drama production.

They kissed and Chesney called to her assistant to fetch two coffees.

"Two days ago you were expressing frustration that your department had not found the perfect face for Princess Althea when she is reincarnated after the murder. Any luck?"

"I feel we are getting closer."

"Beau Brooke is living here, somewhere near me."

"Jesus."

Sipping coffee Marcy revealed how she'd found out.

"The thickhead. That hunk reputedly seduces anything that moves. Why the hell didn't he ask for her card?"

"We know she has presence Chesney. The poor guy was probably over-awed."

"I can't believe that. A guy with his reputation would know all women are flesh, blood and bones with deep-seated vulnerability."

"God one can tell you write. I'll give him a call and ask that he contact you. I take it he hasn't seduced you?"

"Darling, have you any idea how many attractive women live in Manhattan?"

They laughed.

* * *

On Friday, the fourth morning of his stakeout, Harry looked up and saw Beau enter the diner.

He jumped up, crashed over a chair and rolled on to the table of two women eating next to him.

They screamed.

Order was restored and apologies were made. Harry was asked to pay for a new chair.

He joined the bemused Beau.

"Were you in a hurry to leave?"

"I became hyperactive at spotting you."

She blushed.

Harry couldn't believe it. Women in New York just don't blush; the ability has been lost to them.

"I'll buy you another coffee and sandwich," she said.

Harry shook his head in wonder. That offer was so unlike a New York woman. It was like seeking the sun on a clear morning in the mountains, a million miles from smog. "My order is already on the way thank you. That was a generous offer. You are very sweet."

"Ohmigod, that fall has set your tongue loose. I'd mistakenly thought you were the typical tongue-tied male on the make."

"That doesn't sound like me. Would you like to be auditioned with the inside running to play the female lead in the final three episodes of an ambitious TV Theatre production."

"Sorry Harry I can't. I'm undergoing intensive drama coaching. My contract says no outside work."

"Well who is the boss of the school? My contact will go in with a team to change his mind."

"Meridian Blake."

Startled, Harry said, "But she only handles..."

"Handles what?"

"Only the big names groping with difficult characterization or loosing their way and seeking revival. She charges megabucks."

"She's not directly extracting a fee," Beau said, "I-I didn't really believe Meridian when she said she'd been waiting years for someone like me to come along."

Harry swallowed. "Wait till Chesney Brown is told that. She'll wet her pants."

"Chesney Brown the playwright?"

"Yes, she's head of drama production at WPPOA-TV. How do you know her?"

Beau smiled, "Everyone who takes drama has at least one of her plays to study."

Harry dug out Chesney's card and asked Beau to call her and if a role was offered said Chesney would negotiate with Meridian Blake.

"What's the role?"

"It's an eight-part series and production has already started. The lead is a princess who is brutally murdered in Part 5. She returns in Part 6, reincarnated and even more beautiful than before and begins to plot the demise of those who conspired against her to wrest control of her throne she was soon to inherit from her father."

"Wow, sounds good. Is it interplanetary or here on Earth."

Harry said, "England sometime in the 17th century."

"Ohmigod, the costumes will be sumptuous."

"Who cares." Harry frowned. "What about the story?"

* * *

Chesney's throat tightened as she watched Beau approach. Chesney said to the director of the production, "If this is not Princess Althea I'm a big fat cow. Now remember I do not interfere in casting decisions."