Rise of the Star Ch. 01

Story Info
Dawnlight.
7.6k words
4.68
6.4k
4
0

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 02/01/2024
Created 11/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Author's note:

The tags attached to this story will apply to the series as a whole, however this is less about the sex and the personal interactions and more about the grand movements. I have focused on a few small interactions here and there, but outside some rather important moments, they will not be the focus. This story follows no dynasty, nor is it focused on James, though he is an important actor.

Reading the prologue and James's Descent is recommended, but not required, as I have tried to give just enough information to "catch people up". And don't think it's just dry, boring narration. Beginnings can be unexciting.

***

When James looks back on the Empire, it is hard to answer the question of "Where did it start?" much like asking when life started, or religion, or reality TV. Many might argue it started the moment those first three landed on that lost planet, others argue it began with the Arrival, and more would deem the Second Arrival to be the proper point when the Astoria Empire began and might declare further points in history as being their true beginning. The Outsider would rather think of when it started being a space empire, when they cheated the faster-than-light limitation and journeyed out to neighboring stars.

The year was 915 After Arrival, a time when Astoria had improved its space operations to the point where it could reliably operate in their star system, when the gravity engine allowed them to both turn a planet's pull against itself to achieve much easier escape from these celestial objects AND employ it when navigating empty space to shorten the distance and therefore move remarkably fast outside those gravity wells. It was a time of relative peace and prosperity, when crime was low, the security response was just and quick, when things were affordable and all in all, things would be remarkably boring if not for the whole space exploration part.

In these five hundred years since James Masters returned from death as a literal fucking god to kick his people into being a decent society, his old values had become near-universal. The practice of casual sex was seen almost as a human right, the dogma of questioning and defiance had flourished into not only keeping their officials in line but also led to far more scientific developments than the usual space empire.

IF one had to define this empire according to some eight different "alignments" for a civilization, one could call them a fanatic materialist with a good dose of egalitarianism, being in no way more interested in war or aliens than the "average" civilization. But they had a unified faith... the faith of True Family had nothing that might even count as competition, even if there were some competing faiths... they were small and very often seen as the power grabs of people who wish to flee consequences.

Where they came in opposition to what some might call spiritualists was how this faith was practiced. The philosophy of True Family told one to question, to take things apart and seek the truths of the universe, not to believe with no proof and strike down all those who don't do so. Others that let dogma lead their life might call them foolish heretics, as to such people, even if others followed a different religion, the fact that they DID believe without needing proof was a sign they might be brought over to theirs, but the astorians would no doubt demolish any organized faith that relied on people not questioning. As the Outsider wanted.

The god watched over them, making sure they had just the right challenges, just the right amount of praise for their work... showing them how time and time again they were succeeding under his rules, but not at all opposed to any new improvements. James knew he was not all-knowing and neither infallible. His values had adjusted just a tad since Arrival.

But if he had to state a day that it started, he might say it was the day of the celebration.

*

Above the city of Hope's Landing, a city that has turned into a sprawling metropolis, the capital of this planet and empire, above this city stood a lone figure, draped in that iconic police coat colored burgundy, sitting on the edge of a skyscraper and watching the celebration going on in Founder's Park, a celebration reflected in many other venues on this planet, some humble and some attempting to match this one in size. James took only the occasional pull from his cigarette that never ended, this temporary avatar being here more as some attempt at drama since he couldn't really see anything with human eyes from up here, rather relying on that deific vision that let him scrutinize things from anywhere. He saw a lot of happy people, a lot of drunk and over-stuffed people, most of them engaging in plenty of sex today, more than usual. He saw men engaging with other men in sexual pairings that might feel one point removed from athletic competitions, he saw women praising each other's unveiled breasts with their mouths, only a small amount of envy for those bearing bigger racks, he saw much more opposite couplings of men and women, with the occasional futa and shemale... genders that occurred here naturally even though some did achieve them by medical means. The god had long passed the point of masturbating to these scenes... rather than looking at them with the same feelings a parent might have toward their happy children.

Among this mass of people enjoying music, food, drugs, crafts, or sex... was a woman who would undoubtedly be of great import to the history of this world, if merely a notable section of it. A woman stumbled along the paved paths of this park, her clothes displaced to show everything she had to offer, ample breasts, well-worked ass and pussy, her current state was not the result of any exterior abuse, but rather self-inflicted overindulgence. Tasha was drunk out of her mind. She walked on, capable of focusing on just one thing at a time, ever so often stopping to either look around and see what else she could consume to further her pleasure... or to empty her bladder while still standing, pissing shamelessly on the side of this path, much like many who were here. Public defecation was not seen as any sort of illegal act... as long as one was being thoughtful with where and what they were doing. This was no city where turds could be used as path markers and this festival saw full use of portable toilets.

But Tasha... did not care. She wanted to blow herself out, abuse pleasure while she could. In a few days, she was set to not see this planet for a long time, to live on the science vessel that would be her home for years.... All for the purpose of uncovering frontiers unlike any before. Nobody forced her, as this was her choice, but only later did she realize the depth of her choice. This was a challenge she wanted to undertake... as she could. And yet, she was so sad. Let it be known that the Empire was not a place lacking in sadness, if only to make later times better. And that night would have a fateful encounter.

"I said you don't look too good."

The man repeated himself, sitting on the bench as he looked at the half-naked woman. Tasha was able to understand him only while standing still, brainpower devoted to walking now able to be redirected to speech recognition.

"Ahm fin."

"I cast doubt. How about you sit down a bit?"

He patted the seat next to him, with no ill intentions at all. There was such a lack of incentive to become a rapist when you could ask much of anyone to fuck. The invitation made the woman realize just how much she needed this, her steps taking her closer until she could turn and practically crash on that bench, leaning against the man.

"Got a bit too drunk, eh?" He paused as the face of the woman was recognizable. "And funny seeing you here, boss."

"Yeh." She barely heard the second part.

"Well, take a moment. Guess you deserve a bit of fun before we blast off."

Tasha did not hear any of that. She was tired and drunk... her body slumped, and her head came on his lap as the man held her from rolling off the bench. Mark certainly did not expect to see his boss like this. But he did not think less of her.

Mark was far less important than this woman, even if he was among the many to have a place on that ship. This meeting was pure coincidence, one that not even James could orchestrate so well. The man was twenty-seven and in decent shape, with a solid head on his shoulders. No girlfriend, and that came mostly from not trying. He pursued other ideas and might be ready later to have someone there for him. When sex isn't such an impetus for a relationship, people don't rush into them.

For now, he let the soon-to-be esteemed Tasha Collins nap out her inebriation on his lap. He just watched the sights the man could see without turning much, the occasional woman exposing her snatch to pee on the grass, the still-manifesting random hookups with no regard to gender, and the distant sounds of music that he could almost make out.

Time went on, and the man just sat there, serving as a pillow. Eventually... he noticed the woman was not getting up. No, she was not dead, just out for the count. His mind scrambled at what to do with her... gentle pokes to insistent shakes were not waking the woman.

"Ugh. Guess I have to take you home."

Not his. Mark knew where she lived. Since she wasn't stirring even to quite the insistent jostling, he was less gentle in sliding off the bench before reaching forward to pick the woman up and hoisting her over his shoulder. He looked like he was taking away a prize from a raid.

As he started walking to the edge of the park, most did not notice him, some raised eyebrows but knew the risk of something unseemly was low, and some were satisfied with a brief clarification.... And some...

"You wouldn't happen to have something wicked in mind with that woman, do you?"

The question came from a woman at the edge of the path, cock out and pissing on the grass.

"Nah, just taking her home."

"Mind if I come along to make sure you're doing that?"

"Not at all. Might need some help getting her up the stairs."

She started to follow right beside him once that piss break was done, dick tucked into jeans once more before carefully scrutinizing Mark and the woman. It was hard to know if he was up to no good, but so far he gave no bad vibes.

"She's out, eh?"

"Yep. Just passed out on my lap after I invited her to sit down. Won't wake up."

A brief check showed that she was still breathing... and gently mumbling under her breath. Asleep hard and not waking up anytime soon. The woman was satisfied that it was not a corpse being disposed of. One had to still be wary even if all was well. Just a bit.

Halfway to the exit, another man posed the question if he could come with to make sure nothing unpleasant was happening, and his request was granted. Not like a big group carrying someone was less suspicious, but they could start to clear those worries faster. And finally, they would exit the park, the music behind them still audible as a distant rumble.

"So, how far to her place? I assume you're taking her to her place."

When Mark quoted the location, which was more than three kilometers away, the prospect of him walking there suddenly looked difficult. Very, very few people were working tonight. Thankfully, the woman, who was called Brenda, had her own car and offered to drive them there. Not far to her parking spot.

Just to make sure, she fished out the scientist's wallet to check her ID for an address, which showed that Mark did know where to take her. And this was also the moment to realize WHO he was carrying away.

"Tasha fucking Collins?! This is who's leading that ship?!"

"Yep. She's my boss. I work in systems engineering."

"Well, fuck me. Wonder if we'll make it in the history books or something."

"Doubtful. I don't think she'll remember this."

That was the voice of the other man, Paul. He was older, but not so old to look like a dad. While it did look like nothing bad was happening already, he decided to keep with them. The three of them piled in the comfortable sedan of the woman, Mark getting in the back to rest his boss on the seat. Brenda could not help but find that woman cute in this state... and the look the man was giving her.

They drove through practically empty streets, the rare car or pedestrian being the only impediment to driving without much care. Still, she obeyed all traffic regulations, as they were there more for them than some outside force. Hope's Landing had expanded far, its urban area encompassing fifteen square kilometers, eleven million people living in this city, one so big that it could take hours to drive from one end to the other, and its circling road was a highway. Their current location was close to the center, where old residences mingled with mixed industries and venues, where every kind of shop could be found somewhere or other in this dense core. But Tasha lived closer to the outskirts, and in just a few minutes the skyscrapers became a distant feature, more modest high-rises taking up the view. Despite the place being rather beautiful, it was quite affordable. Their landlords have learned long ago that greed will lead to nobody living in their buildings.

Mark was grateful to have this additional help, even if he could carry the woman all the way up, having an extra pair of hands was much more efficient. They double-checked the apartment number before going up in the elevator, unlocking the woman's door with her key and bringing her inside. No thought came of helping themselves to anything in the scientist's house, not even a snack to help them over, mostly since they were thoroughly sated. After stripping her down, Tasha was placed in her bed and tucked in comfortably, a last stir showing there was a subconscious appreciation for their actions. There was no way to lock the door and still give her the option to get out, so the three just left her door unlocked.

Once outside, Paul was the first to go, content that it was done right and nothing unpleasant at all happened. He opted to walk home, as the time doing so could help him recover from his own moderate inebriation. But Brenda felt like hanging around the outside of the building, turning to the engineer with a knowing look.

"You like her."

"Maybe I do. She does look kinda cute like that. Helpless. Kinda makes me want to guard her. Though I think it'd be weird for her to wake up to me in her apartment."

"Heh. Yeah, it might freak her out a tad."

Brenda found herself a spot to sit close to the street. Benches were a constant sight, even in places one might not consider worthy of them. The residential district was beautiful, all the highrises having a strict directive to have two meters of planted greenery at their border, which not only kept at bay any who wanted to run the most crude concrete residences, but also increased the aesthetic form, the large and ordered buildings being islands in a perceived mass of grass and flowers, even with the occasional small park or play area in these verdant spots.

Mark decided to come sit with her, with no real idea why. As she pulled out her pack of smokes, the man was tempted for one as well. Since the outsider had this as a practice, everyone tried it at some time in their life... usually after their teens. As they started to puff away in the night, lamp posts bathing the street in white light, this felt like a moment that could lead to something more. But she knew there was no chance.

"You planning to hook up while on the ship?"

"Not really. I mean, I guess we might see a lot of pairings since there isn't gonna be anyone, just... I didn't quite plan it."

"How's it like on that ship?"

"Tight. Space is at a premium and there's a lot of jobs that need doing. I share a room with three other people." Beat. "Bet we're gonna fuck a lot. I mean, we already did since we've been staying on the ship once in a while to get used to it, but... a lot more later."

"I couldn't do that. Probably lose my mind in a week."

A short pause followed as no subject was found worth following. Then Brenda brought a suggestion that was not at all strange.

"So, you feel like a fuck?"

"I kinda had enough for today, but... well, I could use one more before hitting the bed. But, if I may ask why that came without much to suggest it."

"Well, you did quite the sweet thing back there and I think that a guy who brings a girl safely home deserves some pussy. And since dicking her unconscious body is probably a bad move, I find it my job to give that reward."

"How... nice." Beat. "Uh, do I have to take that offer now? Kinda getting chilly out here."

"Yeah, good point. How about we head to your place?"

Said and soon to be done. Their cigarettes would be finished in her car, discarded out the window for street sweepers to take care of. Mark didn't have a place quite AS nice as his boss, but he still had managed to buy a good apartment with the money coming from the program, a lot of forward pay in case they might not have the chance to use it when they get back.

His room would see the not-so-rare presence of a woman, and this one having a penis in addition to her usual equipment was also not a first for the place or him. Brenda wasted no time in getting naked, showing off not just a pair of tits worthy of acting as pillows, but her dick was also a tad bigger than his, still... today she'd employ the other part. They retreated to his bed to begin the rather casual encounter, a conversation about the subject light and focused on utility. She was on birth control so the man could cum all he wanted inside her, though the pull-out method was long ago discarded as a viable method of contraception.

Mark would find himself behind the woman in the doggy position, guiding his cock inside that much more feminine gash one could find right between her masculine equipment and her asshole, a wet pussy ready to receive him. She had plenty of sex as well, cum residue still staining her inside. As the man entered her, his hands could reach forward and grasp those soft orbs, beginning to thrust with unsurprising informality. When society allows and encourages casual sex, and makes sure these encounters do not have any ill reactions... this was not a rarity. But it was still a fun event to end the night with.

The man would find himself being advised how to fuck the woman, as she was also a dick owner and knew how to use it. That hardening phallus swung under her as they coupled, the sounds of wet flesh coming together echoing through his apartment. Soundproofing was almost a requirement with how often people fucked here. It was messy, it was punctuated with eager moans and the occasional dirty talk, it would switch to Mark being laid down on his bed while the woman bounced on him, her cock slapping his stomach every time she slammed herself down on him, its hardness a notable point that tempted him to grasp it and give it servicing rubs. And it would end with a load of cum released inside the woman, another firing upon his chest, the most potent jet painting the underside of his chin. And it would lead to another smoke.

Enjoying some last moments of conversation before Brenda fucked off, the two finished this momentary bonding session, as even if it was casual sex it had brought them to the rank of being at least more than acquaintances. And as the hour turned so late it was early, Mark could sleep with his dick very satisfied. Any celebration would often lead to sex.

He'd still get plenty on the ship.

*

When James looked at the Empire as it was back then, he could not help but compare it to Earth, to the world he left behind to build this one. In the ninth century, technology was just a bit above what he remembered his old world to have at the time of his departure. There was budding AI, extensive consumer technology, plentiful movies, and the few miracles of science that put the Empire above his old world. Not just artificial gravity, the engines that could warp space, and the bionics they had only marginally improved since the times of arrival, but several notable improvements like the grasping beginning of quantum theory, genetic alterations, and nanotechnology. But only grasping beginnings. The Empire had a long way to go until it would be what he would be ready to present to his old world, but it was not a bad place.