Rise of the Star Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was an illusion to think that the empire's twenty corvettes, three science vessels, and two constructor ships were the extent of all the vehicles that took to space. There were hundreds of them, some utterly small and able to hold no more than one person and a modest amount of supplies, some even bigger than those impressive vessels, gigantic tug ships that would ferry around cargo from one star system to another, there would come passenger ships and cruise liners, smaller exploration vessels to poke at curiosities, to explore the galaxy ahead of their vessels, with the science ships merely equipped with the tech to make sure they knew where they were. It was the difference between what big, impressive resources a government keeps in mind at all times, compared to the sea of people doing everything else.

Those who returned from the ships found planetary life to be lonesome, no longer having the caretaker of the ship ready to keep to their every whim. Yes, communities had caretakers, but they were more about keeping a general peace. And so, a new job was born as the sentiment grew with an idea. People to live with you and ensure all that was needed in the household was done. Maids existed, but they did not do so much, the elderly and infirm had assistance, but these other people were in full health. Comfort workers began and would be an enduring staple of the empire, people to let you enjoy life. Families would have their burdens reduced, and lone individuals would find their existence easier and needed less in terms of delivery. All other roles were cumulated in this job and you would get a comfort worker for any reason... whether you couldn't do most things by yourself or if life simply got easier with one.

Astoria had found remnants of aliens... ancient ruins, intact and massive complexes, even at one point having a science vessel shot down by still-active planetary guns, but that event had few to not walk away from the planet. But they had yet to find someone else in the cold void of space, someone that was not them... and as traveling between star systems would become as easy as using commercial airlines... the empire would start to grow.

But they were not alone.