Rise of the Star Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was in the employ of the Optima Corp, which dealt in a mixed bag of industries. Technically, the woman worked for their reclamation subsidiary. The office life was certainly cleaner than what people did out there to keep this place in order. Her hand held a thermally-insulated mug with real coffee in it, a nice boon of working for this place. Their comfort workers sure were attentive. Another pull from her cigarette and she decided to chuck the butt over the edge, as nothing was beneath them of any concern.

Back inside, the air felt cleaner and warmer. Easy to forget where you live if you don't have a window. Down the hall and to the right, second door after the corner. She shared this office with three other people, though her workmates did completely different things. She made... reports. They are very, very important to management and recently she got quite a bonus for one of her projects. Rewarding actual productivity while keeping away from any "destructive" practices was becoming a good company policy.

Her desk was remarkably clean, with no sign of personalization other than the hard-to-remove coffee circles that her many cups of Java were leaving on it. But she liked that... it gave it some personality without needing to decorate it in anything. Her eyes focused on the screen as this productivity report for the Investigation subsidiary was almost done.

In all history, some of the greatest things to come out of humanity might be created in universities, academies, science labs, and other such institutions, starting or ending with something like "Eureka!" or "Glorious!", but just as often it could start in a place like this when a person utters a less-impressive word.

"Huh."

The futa said that word as she considered how to move forward and thought back on the rest. She had readings from those new intention readers that they have reverse-engineered from the technology of this world, amazing devices that could tell how you feel about something while not needing to be implanted in your head, rather by just being in the room. Something about the association between a concept and your level of reward hormones. Lucy had to match readings of those with company employees, measuring their performance not just in units sold, but how the client thought about the sale... were they grudgingly browbeaten into it which might make them not consider a second purchase, or were they fully appreciative of the product? Were the clients pleased with how the employees represented the company?

From there, it had grown to the point that this report was now measuring almost every interaction, not just between the company and outside elements, but within it as well, measuring objectively how people were affecting the overall atmosphere of the office... as it was thoroughly researched that happy people were more productive. It measured how improvements to the office affected that score and if they were worth the money, it measured the performance of managers not by the results of their underlings, but by how much that manager was improving their performance over the absence of one. It had grown so big that it was a monster only she could tame and thus the woman couldn't be fired without them scrapping the entire thing, especially since upper management had a fresh new idea to add to it every few days. How was the choice in brands affecting morale, the addition or removal of something...

The Austrian School of Economics had its equivalent in the Empire as the Reuters Economic Theory... but it was just a theory. Not disproven, but up until this point impossible to be in any way practical, as the subjective theory of value could not be objectively measured as people could not be trusted to provide accurate results. UNTIL THIS POINT. Lucy had an economics degree and she knew the theory, but only now did it click that she was measuring the subjective appreciation people have of things. In her mind a train began to move, one that could lead to something incredible... but she could also be missing something, so best to get at it with a clear head. She stood up and turned to leave her office.

She passed several colleagues down the hall, knowing she could just call the woman here, but it was always a bit more friendly to GO there. SHE MEASURED THAT. Yes, Lucy noticed that there was a tangible increase in the quality of her work when she went to HM rather than summoning a comfort worker. Human Management handled everything that Human Resources would, with the addition of also having comfort workers. They were an invaluable fixture in every office, almost like a company culture coach.

Lucy entered the wide room to an upturn in faces, only a few of the desks were occupied. On the Management side, she could see Sonya tapping away at her computer and Ellie in what seemed to be a call, possibly with another candidate. The privacy field disrupted any audio coming in and out of that little bubble, so she could go at it unimpeded. On the comfort worker side, only one desk was occupied. Maggie was an older woman with experience in the field of taking care of people and she could always greet with a smile.

"Afternoon, Luce. Need something or just come by to talk? Working hard on those reports?"

"Still working. And actually, I do need something. Need a clear head, so... I know no better person to fuck until I wiped the hard drive."

A flirty smile. While you could have sex with just about anyone at the office, most were doing work, and thus might be a bad move to disturb them. Comfort workers had it as their job to fuck the staff, kinda like corporate whores. But they did not have the skill of actual whores. Maggie needed no explanation before standing and reaching for her skirt. The suit on her was casual, showing off her mature curves... and there were no panties under that skirt. She unclasped it and the material fell to the floor, leaving her bare-assed and almost showing off. Dat ass indeed. Lucy was tempted by anal rather than pussy. While the comfort worker undid her shirt to let her tits free, the analyst opted to discard her pants fully, the freedom helping the act. The two got just a brief look from the other women in the office before Sonya also activated her privacy field, mostly so the sound of fucking did not disturb her focus.

No need for any preamble. Maggie bent over her desk, offering that ass to her workmate, elbows holding her up to also give access to her motherly tits. The futa unveiled her 14 cm cock and stroked it just enough that it would accept its mission, spraying some lube from the bottle on the worker's desk... yes, she had lube at the ready... that ass was a company asset. Entry was successful and Lucy began pounding with one hand on that bountiful behind and the other squishing a boob. Maggie was the best... not just for being such a great fuck, but she sure made good coffee. Sometimes she would linger afterward to serve as a toilet as coffee did what coffee does. Processor implants got cheaper and they were practically mandatory for someone like her. Best way to start the day.

Lucy's stomach would glue to the back of the woman as she pulled closer, that hand on the woman's ass migrating to the front to tease her pussy, the other was still happy with the mammary it was holding. A couple of people came in as they were doing it, giving a sideways look before going on with what they needed to do. Ten minutes of eager fucking until cum flooded that anus and Lucy still pushed on to get that second, extra-clearing orgasm. By that point, Maggie had rested her head on her forearms, expression lewd as she came twice already from her butt being fucked. She was indeed an ass whore. By the end, she'd be drooling from her pussy as the woman had the joy of five climaxes from her rectum, thought more or less impossible without a significant break. It was too much. Number five made her gush, piss spurting out of her pussy to fall on the tiled floor. The other women smiled at the sight and considered getting some dick as well. Hopefully, Ted will get back soon... or Lydia.

Standing was difficult after the fact, so the analyst moved aside to crash on the couch there, pants still absent and cock slowly softening as Maggie held the position, her legs holding her only through mechanical automation. If she moved, she might collapse on the floor. But after five minutes, the comfort worker could regain her faculties as Lucy was tempted to another smoke. Damn, that was good.

"Ohhh.... I can't remember when you were like that. Working on something big? I can't feel if that was from frustration."

"Big. Possibly."

"Worth sharing your thoughts? Maybe at a smoke break?"

Back on the balcony, they were dressed again if one could notice the fresh fuck they have undertaken. Clothes were made to keep form even after such rough treatment, but their face told the story. One meter apart, the women lit their cigarettes as they leaned against the railing.

"So, how much do you know about economics?"

"Not much. So... cliff notes?"

"Well, I think the intention readers we're using could possibly allow for a different economic model to become practical. And it might be a good one."

"Sounds... okay, I don't know if that's good or bad."

"Let me put it to you this way. Right now, our company is one of the best because we use this system where your pay is reflected in how you actually improve productivity and atmosphere."

"It is indeed quite good. And I understand you're mostly to thank for that."

"Eh, more or less. But, what if that could just apply to everything? Having every product valued on how much joy and usefulness they bring, every medical procedure by how much it improves your life, and every person valued by how much they bring in the world not just on some materialistic form, but also measuring how they improve quality of life in general?"

"I... think that could indeed be much better. I remember how I thought about a lot of things that they weren't worth the silver." Beat. "Wait, you think that could be... done? Lucy, that would be BIG! Oh, it would probably improve everything!"

"Yeah, or... well, you never know. But, I think we have a start here. I wanted to get a clear head before looking it over again. If I have an idea, I'll see with the boss if we can't send it to the Institute. Bet we might see something from it."

"Well, you'd at least see a bonus. The institute always appreciates when we give them real things. And those appreciations can pay for college."

"Yeah, I know. My mom paid for my college with the silver she got from making intention readers work on brands." The cigarette was going away quickly. "Well, time to get back at it. You'll know if I have something."

"I can only wish you luck... and let me know if you need more help.... Mmmmmmmmhh... you fucked me so good."

A smirk was given before the woman entered the office again. She went over her work twice over, and even though this might not be what her company hired her to do, when she had the full picture to present to her manager, you could swear the man had a boner from the sheer opportunity. It was not a complete idea, but it was a start.

Lucy just created something amazing.

*

In the orbit of the planet Palicos V floated a structure that was not just the product of more than a dozen species cooperating, but the symbol of a new age of interstellar diplomacy. The Galactic Forum was a gargantuan building, technically the first megastructure if not done with this intent. It was shaped like a thick disk, all circling around the Unity Room, where all the motions would be discussed, debated, voted on, and possibly passed. Twenty space empires had come together here, if only twelve had believed in the initial idea. It was enough.

Madeline was understandably feeling amazed at being here. This building would be her place of work and residence for a long time, the permanent delegate from the Astoria Empire in this Galactic Community. It was not just a place to vote, but also a place to enjoy leisure and conversation with the delegates of the other empires. Her crew was made up of 38 people, though she alone was to represent her people here. The Raff and the Gull in the empire didn't feel too bad for a human representing them, especially since there were a few of them in her team. Her personal assistant was a cat Raff who might as well do more work than she did.

"I feel like this is gonna be the place where everything is done. Peeing myself from the nerves."

"Literally or just metaphorically?"

Carmine gave that smile as she would have no issue with having her boss relieve herself on her. She was a bit of a sub and having that woman above her and raining wee was just delightful. They were in the final stages of fixing up her outfit. In the empire, they might give no shits for appearance, you were as you were... but here there was a lot of posturing, and their other crew members spoke of how the delegates were putting on every last decoration they could. Her outfit was a simple suit, but a tailored one that fit her form well, with small jewelry embedded in strategic locations to show a subtle wealth. By comparison, Car had a stylish, but not so amazing outfit... though the kitty was currently naked as she helped her mistress.

"Just went again so... metaphorically. It's big. I'm afraid I might start a war."

"If they would start a war over this, they would have for other reasons. But, seems like that's it. I'll get into my clothes and give you a minute."

As she went away, Maddie looked in the mirror once more. She looked NICE. But the girl was far more comfortable in some other clothes rather than this mask. Her perspective allowed her to see the appearing red mist, the woman turning to see a figure you did not quite expect to see that often. James was there in his usual outfit and it looked downright casual compared to hers.

"You look good. Gonna impress some of those pompous asses."

"T-Thank you! Uh... why are you here, James?"

"Well, this is a pretty big moment, so obviously I'd be watching. BUT I wanted to actually do a bit more. Now, this one is up to you... so... feel free to refuse. Think I can tag along? I'll keep my mouth shut until you tell me otherwise."

To have him by her side? Oh, there can be no greater support. She wanted this not just to know she had James there, but because the other delegates might be so less intimidating with him here. The man looked to be far more controlled, possibly in no way worried because he had more information.

"We... might need to get you a better outfit..."

"Indeed. I look like I'm crashing the party."

With a wave of both hands, the man turned... gorgeous. Not just in the suit on him which fit him like a glove, lacking the decorations she had to not upstage her, but he was clean-shaven... such a disparity because he always appeared with a week-old stubble... and his face was far sharper, looking closer to a model than his real self. But the face had enough similarity. His hair was done in a fashionable style and this was a man to make those girl instincts want to bed him.

"Wow..." She had stars in her eyes.

"Too much? I'm not making you look bad, right?"

"NO! You look... good! And... please come with me on this."

"I'll be right there. But this is your challenge, got it?"

A fervent nod. Like having a parent with her. James had a point. This was her challenge and she was selected for it because she could do it. Once those nerves went away, you could find a charismatic woman in there. As Carmine returned in her evening dress, she looked over to see who was Maddie speaking to and her eyes went wide.

"James is... asking to come with us."

"It's..."

"If you say it's an honor I will find something embarrassing to do to you."

That shut her up. But it also gave some nerve. Right, the man didn't want some undue praise. And maybe she could have something fun with her mistress later. No better team now. Time to head to the gathering hall. There was no holding of arms, but rather a dignified walk beside her. He was supposed to be her other assistant.

The meeting hall was a huge room, with alien-made decorations from dozens of worlds. One could notice the different styles and recognize astorian make in some of them. Crystal chandeliers hung above them, beautiful fabrics and designs graced the tables, and music from distant worlds was played in an ordered list in decreasing order of influence, with the song that the colonists sang while holding a defense lined up at number 9. Twenty species mixing together, translators discrete in their outfits to enable communication. Some were similar, and some were so alien as to require special accommodations. Security from every empire lined the edges of the room, with the Raff from the empire getting the occasional glare from those in the Junta. This was indeed the place where one could start a war.

"It is certainly beautiful. Nice to see that we had a hand in it."

"Gotta give them credit for that. Place is amazing. Though we should be careful with the food."

"I was thinking we should be careful with the aliens."

The three walked into the mass of congregating aliens. They were neither the first nor the last. Right now, the speakers were playing a popular Zynn song, something about declaring the virtue of serving your caste and leaders well. It felt right to first reach out to their closest neighbors. The Nex had sent a delegation, the units noticeably beautified for the occasion.

"It is good to see a friendly face."

"Astoria. Metaphor understood. Yes, an entity with an established cooperation is much more amenable to further interactions. We appreciate the assistance in the current procedure."

"You're welcome and I understand you won't let any debt go unpaid. I see some other synthetic units around. Did you approach them already?"

"Correct. However, we have reached a difference in operational method. The Magoor, determined as they are to protect biological life, are engaging in inefficient procedures that border on disruptive of other entities. We do not approve of their mission."

"They're the ones who want to take over everything to protect sapient beings, right?"

"That is correct, though analysis shows that they will pursue this even against the wishes of the biological units, which requires increased deviance control. We have provided them with our analysis, but they seem firm on their directive."

Their pampering was just a gilded cage. A very nice cage, but call a potato a potato.

"I suppose we can't hope to dissuade them that easily. What about the others? I understand there are a total of four machine empires in the galaxy... if we don't count the oddities and the automated miners."

"Considering their directive, presence of units from the Brid Exterminators at this event would result in a disruption. While we have made contact and they are tolerable of synthetic beings, their directive to destroy all biological life is incompatible with the directive of this gathering." A pause. "And with our partnership."

"Was that you saying you'd protect us from them? Okay, not necessarily, but I can see you don't agree either."

"Correct. Life need not be destroyed if it does not interfere and we have substantial proof that life can assist operations."

"Aww. But... I think the last are the Xen. That one has to be weird... reverse of your name."

The world was going on around them, James looking around at the others before occasionally meeting eyes with the cat assistant. He wondered if to tell the robots who he was. They had no idea. Maybe not yet. But he liked the builders. They were remarkably reasonable machines. The rest were not pleasant. In fact, he could count on one hand the number of empires that might get along with Astoria, with slightly more on the side of not liking at all than those you could just not care about.