All Comments on 'Rita, The Computer Forensics Tech'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
teslaownerteslaowner3 months ago

It was somewhat confusing determining if the victim was Anderson or Edwards. Both names got used. Still 5* though

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

That was one fine story! You had put a lot of time researching the subject matter.

5

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

An excellent story, decent length, lots of detail, a solved case and a romance. I don't know anything really about the American Civil War nor re-enactment groups but it all sounded very plausible and provided Rita with a great chance to show her skills.

A few little issue, Anderson became Edwards in one paragraph and Jack became Jerry in another, as well as I instead of it at another point. Tad annoying, but having proofread a couple of stories I can appreciate how difficult it is to eradicate all errors, and not enough to detract from a 5⛤ contribution.

Thanks for a great way to spend a wintry hour on a Saturday morning.

PS. Slipperier threw me, thought it was US English but, no, it's UK English too and apparently older than slippier which I would use. Never thought Lit would teach me so much more English vocabulary at my age. 😂😂😂😂😂

bourbononicebourbononice3 months ago

Another great story and a realistic ending, just regular people. 5 stars - thank you.

A_BierceA_Bierce3 months ago

Save your Confederate money, boys, reenactors don't care for reproductions. And Lovely Rita is nigh onto the perfect nerd. Super story, as usual.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This was a very nice happy ending story led off by a highly interesting crime scenario. The name glitches are a minor annoyance, but the story itself still Is 5 star.

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Nice job of writing. You do know the subject matter.

des911des9113 months ago

Nice - a romantic detective story. You are amazing. Thank you

SlithyToveSlithyTove3 months ago

Nicely done as usual. I always appreciate the amount of detail you put in your work, as it makes for both interesting and informative reading, along with your stories themselves.

technofrog2002technofrog20023 months ago

A wonderful story as usual. It’s amazing how your stories flow so well, it’s why I can’t put them down. Your detail is impressive, I always learn something from your stories. 5🌟

burningloveburninglove3 months ago

This is one of your best stories - a solved crime and romance! I particularly liked the back and forth flow!

***** stars (as usual with your stories).

Thanks for giving us a fine tale of crime solving (in a Civil War re-enactment - no less) and romance.

Is this worth another in a series (hint-hint) ??????

Burninglove

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE3 months ago

As it is not unusual that it takes a long time to get to the romantic part the stories you tell are so vivid and intriguing that makes it a true treat. As always waiting for the next one of your wonderful stories. Thank You!!!!

5*****

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

This is a good blend of a detective story and romance. To tell the truth I was wondering when the the romance part was coming up.😊

Sometimes all you need is a good shag and your on your way. lol

Had fun reading it. 5 stars

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

Original, technical and captivating, there are no lulls in the story and we like the characters, well except for the villain of course. Yet again I find myself admiring one of your stories Ronde, it’s well written and well edited, 5⭐️, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

Crusader235Crusader2353 months ago

Excellent 💥💥💥💥💥

Vadar990155Vadar9901553 months ago

Five well deserved stars! Good story and I learned something too.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

This is as polished a gem as I have read here. Thank you. My next step is go find your other work

and read that too. That is if there is any. Regardless, I'll follow you in future.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Usually I like your stories but this one couldn't keep my attention. I love history...but not mysteries. I won't rate it since I couldn't finish it.

WetheNorthWetheNorth3 months ago

The Romance category can be so much nicer than the Loving Wives category and this is one of those times.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

On Page 4 about 3/4 down the victims name shows as 'Edwards' a couple of times instead of 'Anderson', I think it's the first mistake I've ever seen in one of your stories.

5stars as usual, great story!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a great story. Your a amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like a romantic story that has some background and context, this one is on par with 'Share the Road' by Thuclydides, who, regretfully, seems to have retired. Happy to give this story 5 stars, as I did for the other.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good albeit highly techical feeling after a while. Bore, caliber, angle... a bit much that way. I like good plot but this felt dense.

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Amazing story. Set up perfectly as a chapter one in a long romance series. 5/5 One of your very best.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood3 months ago

Nothing new to add. The others said everything I wanted to say. Well done, sir; well done.

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

I really enjoyed this story, especially the research and knowledge you put into it.

Good job!! Appropriately awarded, too!

Foggybottom81Foggybottom813 months ago

Liked this one a lot. Romance and a mystery are my favourite.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft3 months ago

Lovely story. Enjoyed the police procedural elements. More ballistics detail than I really needed, but it was easy to skim past and added to the authenticity. I’m a sucker for intelligent women — Rita is great.

Davester37Davester373 months ago

Another great story! For what little it’s worth, I really like the police procedural aspect, as well as the details about firearms and ballistics. I’m also glad that at its core the story is a romance, with a nice dose of spice.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

linnearlinnear3 months ago

He'll of a story, as always.

J6480J64803 months ago

Up to your usual high standard and once again impressed by the research on the weaponry/ballistics. As a vet these things add cred and enjoyment. Other comments express the authenticity and reality. Keep going

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Five star, of course.

Loved the re-enactors - the story goes that on the set of "Last of the Mohicans," the re-enactor groups got so involved, that the director shouted "Work with me people, this is not a documentary!"

Trc2003Trc20033 months ago

Simply thanks!

funperson969funperson9693 months ago

Well done. I could have done with less of the ballistics, but that's just me. Loved the ending!

BabalooieBabalooie3 months ago

great story perfect! Five Big Ones.

tnman03tnman033 months ago

Good story. I'll grant the artistic license on the TN DL and altered name. But FWIW it's not Nashville PD, it's Metro-Davidson County PD.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Was the victim in this story "Anderson" or "Edwards"? Simple editing would help.

Otherwise a good well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lots of details, which is often the case with this author. Lots of knowledge about different areas, with the romance somewhat ancillary. Minor errors, including using “it’s” as possessive of “it.”

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Another great story, thanks for writing.

TomNJaxTomNJax3 months ago

Another excellent story. I enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks for another hit...outta the park. :-)

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this, well written and seemed like real people. Thank you very much. 5*

Hiram325Hiram3253 months ago

Another gem. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the information. Oh yeah and a well done romance story. Thanks!

Smiffy69Smiffy693 months ago

Just how come does Ronde know so much about so many things? Great as ever.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

Very well written, and enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing.

WilCox49WilCox493 months ago

Another wonderful job. Thank you. Could use some careful grammar & spelling proofing, but (especially compared to many stories on this site) this mostly is minor.

.

To the comment by Smiffy69, I'm pretty sure the answer is experience and research--quite a lot of both overall. I can't say which is which. That's an indication of quality.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy2 months ago

Sometimes you (meaning: I) just luck out. What a great story. I read an article recently about there being a shortage of writers for some of the streaming services because there are so many. Have you ever thought of making a screenplay of this story for such a purpose? The procedural aspect strikes me as very convincing for one of those Hallmark mystery shows. I realize most of them don't have cops for their MC, but you could look around. A stand alone hour and a half movie might be possible with this plot, too. 90 pages of screenplay usually suffices...a page for each minute is a good rule of thumb.

5 stars and adding you to my favorites list!

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 month ago

Great story, lf you use a proof reader they missed a few names changing. Mr. Anderson kept changing to Mr. Edwards. This happened several times. Most people may not notice it. But with my background those things stand out. Still love the story thank for sharing.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 days ago

Great whodunit with a happy ending. What more could a reader want? Thanks for posting.

Buccaneer73Buccaneer735 days ago

a magnificent piece of writing. well done and very entertaining.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories