All Comments on 'Rivalry'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Dumb and dumber

First some dude chops off his dick to get away from a cheating wife. Now some wife cheats because she and her husband are fans of schools neither one of them went to. Damn, dude. You are one sorry ass writer.

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You're stories are getting worse

You seem in love with a premise at the expense of any emotion. 3 stars for good writing.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
He's back, almost

Great story Skippy! Back at the top of your game. Good to see the cheating bitch and bastard get cleverly burned. Doesn't hurt a bit that they are Louiseville fans. I know it's Louisville, I have one of their bats. That being said, as a die hard Duke fan, I was a little nauseous with all the Mildcat references. My neighbor and best friend is from Lexington and unless you get us in the NCAAs, and win, his blue ass has to fly a Duke flag on his front porch until uk beats us. Again, great story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 5 years ago
Very Old Testament

Reminds me of the book of Job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOL!

That was just, plain funnier than hell! The only thing you over looked was how David got any food for that long a period of time. And didn't the skunk smell and water pressure hurt him too? Doesn't matter. Funnier than hell! One addition thing?

ROLL TIDE!

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
Sad ...

... but team love trumps mere marriage. In the end, David was saved by his UK values. I had to kick my wife to the curb when she doubted the Eagles’ Super Bowl run. She repented, dyed her hair green and white and we’re stronger for it. Thank you for a very funny story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

I'm confused - she's getting ready to divorce him, yet she's worried that he might suspect her of having an affair?

I can see living in his hometown, but in what marriage does the guy have more than a token voice in the choice of the house?

He'll be served first thing Monday morning? Stay away from home and work until he takes care of things, assuming he hasn't already.

I figured he was living downstairs, was surprised when she didn't find him, never thought of a panic room!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
more than sad

Not being a sports fan, I cannot understand the fierce rivalry going on. We have two high schools in my home town and the bitterness between them was extreme. People's emotional health is affected because "their" football team won or lost... I guess its the same way with political party choice, racial hatreds, etc.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
Skippy...

after the string of bad stories the last few days I was glad to finally get a good laugh. I just have one thing to ask....'Do you want Fries with that'?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kentucky

People from other states just don't get how bad the UK/UL rivalry can be. I know of people who have changed churches, changed jobs, and nearly got divorces because of it. My wife's family literally bleed blue. Forget anything else if UK is playing basketball. My side is also in the UK camp but not as fanatic.

And then you had to bring in skunks...…. Still haven't figured out how they got under a house that has a basement?? But as someone who has had a skunk spray under the house I can honestly say that NOBODY would have been able to sleep there. When I went back in the house that night to get my keys I had my hand over my mouth and my nose pinched shut and I could still TASTE the smell. Also forget tomato juice. Anything we washed had to be thrown out. If it happens to you rent an Ozone Generator. That and only that will kill the smell. But you cannot stay in the house longer than ten minutes with it running before you get a splitting headache.

But enough about skunks. I enjoyed the story. The plot was missing some but being a KY resident I can identify with everything in the story from the Beaver Dam rest stop (now open again after refurbishment) to the UK/UL rivalry, to the skunks, to the tribal nature of the locals in things like sports team loyalty.

Thank you for your efforts, I very much enjoyed this story.

Can't believe I typed this much on a comment.

RSKY

Bobby2shoesBobby2shoesabout 5 years ago

Really enjoy your stories

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

"David was about to send a $100,000 check as a wedding present"

Why?

You wrote a great BtB story, with the faithful husband getting some amusing revenge on a slut that cheated on him. Why soften his stance at the end? Vivian showed nothing but contempt for her husband when she confronted him about getting a divorce... ruining her plans and making her suffer was fitting punishment for her betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

What a mess. Nothing interesting in this story. Don’t waste your time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
One of Your Best

I have read all of your stories and this ranks as one of your best. I really enjoyed it and gave it 5. Not sure why the husband would ever think of sending them a $100K check at the end? That really didn't seem to fit into the story. But hey, thanks for the story and please keep writing!

"Buckeye fan"

GO BUCKS!!!! Sorry just had to add that...LOL.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That was fun!

That was a good laugh. I enjoyed every bit of it, except the snarky wife at the first encounter on the road.

I especially enjoyed, "...but I'm also warning you I can get nasty myself." I think she had already proven that!

Great fun! Thank you for a good morning laugh. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Creative plot and an incomprehensible ?

Your plot line and, to a lesser degree, character development, was enjoyable an fast-paced. The "revenge" part was suspenseful. The totally and thoroughly incomprehensible part is the spots rivalry bit. Do adults actually behave this way in real life? Over something that has no impact whatsoever on anything that has any impact on anything really real? Or is this simply a plot device? Jeeeezzzz!

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Imagintive Story

This was a really fun read. Thank you

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 5 years ago
Ugh

Another “our hero somehow manages to overcome in spite of being a simple, super rich, all-knowing masterwork of human perfection who has the entire community at his back and lives in a world where anything he does is legal simply because he did it” story.

I don’t understand how such a large crowd on this site is unable to see that needing to grant your character all the advantages you can think of in order to make them successful only makes the character appear weak, and the author admirative of that weakness.

RGWardsRGWardsabout 5 years ago
"Why would anyone reward cheating?"

Perhaps as a way of rubbing her nose in the fact that he had all the money and assets from the marriage?

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
There is an audience for this story here

Man abuses cheating wife with no consequence to himself. 'I win, you lose.'

This is the basis of the movies 'Burgler, The Last Jedi, and all the Jack Reacher novels.

So it is a successful model. It just lacks something for me. Conflict. Danger. Growth. Consequences. I like when men win. I like them to EARN it against a good opponent. John McClane who suffered and almost died, vs. John Wick, who breezed through armies of enemies (though the sequels got more Wickiean as time went on).

It isn't a bad story. And as an OSU fan who felt ill at that ESPN commercial where a Bucks fan was making out with a girl in a Michigan Jersey (The Unindicted Wolverines), I liked the setting.

It is not you, it's me!

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
Fun indeed.

I'm with Powersworder, though - David already gave her half a million she didn't really deserved, given how she treated her marriage. After all he did to her and her paramount, I have no idea why he thought sending her an additional hundred gram seems appropriate - he gave her back her jewelry... wasn't that enough?

He was and remain the good guy throughout this whole story. No need for the author to try to 'bribe' more sympathy for him from his readers.

Overall, though - a fun read. At the very least, you can take it more seriously than the author's last effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This story proves that the BTB crowd will accept anything

This story is terrible. It is filled with plot holes, mistakes and utter nonsense. Yet the BTB crowd will rave at how fantastic it is just because the wife got thoroughly trashed by a vengeful husband.

Nothing illegal? He had no legal right to all of their assets and the proceeds from the sale of the business. For him to take it all was criminal. Stalking and harassment are illegal. He was also NOT the sole owner of their property. Also, theft of property does not matter if it never left the house. Denying her access to her property is illegal.

You wrote that he pre-paid the mortgage in advance for a year. That meant she could live there without having the burden of a payment. At that time, she was still employed. Yet, you said she didn't make enough money to pay utilities??? Allen also worked. Even if he had to pay half his salary to his ex wife, they would still have plenty of money to live on, especially rent-free.

Why would a sales clerk in a jewelry store, which she must have been as she was working in a customer facing role inside a store, be sent on a business trip? Why would a BUYER win a trip to the Bahamas?

If she was concerned about her safety, thought hubby was getting in the house, was stalking and harassing her, all she needed to do was put up a $99 wireless camera that would stream video to her phone. She would have caught him in the act.

Allen's wife was furious and threw him out and he was living with his mistress. Yet due to the skunk smell, which had already been removed, he could not stay in the house. Then you write his wife "threw him out again"... When the hell did he move back in and why would she let him? You had just written that she was going after MORE money over the std thing. But she was willing to let him move back in???

The MC was so upset that he did all of this to destroy his wife, then was happy she was in love with the man she cheated with... So happy he was going to reward her with another $100,000????

Really, really bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good grief. This was incomprehensible.

You protagonist did everything right and antagonists did everything wrong, a statiscally impossible act. People do good and bad things, they do right and they make istsjes. To be so prescient and omniscient makes it simply dumb.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Very

Entertaing.5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
To Anonymous questioning the rivalry-

Yes, the rivalry is that intense. People said that against the law for U of L and UK to play basketball against each other. That was only changed when they were going to play each other in March Madness. I can speak to this as having grown up elsewhere and living in Kentucky for the last three plus decades. You need to understand that basketball in Kentucky makes Texas football rivalries look tame. Check out the Wikipedia entry

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
NOT COMPLETE CLOSURE

but against those other 2 teams mascots.....a slam dunk, TK U MLJ LV NV

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
Enjoyable yarn

Unrealistic and not erotic in any way but enjoyable all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kinda cute. Guess you have to be a college sports fan to get the whole effect.

Why didn't he, eventually, kick Allen's ass?

Why would he contemplate giving the shrew one extra dime, and gave her her jewelry back? She was heartless, cruel, demeaning, and would humiliate him to get what she wanted.

What was the advantage of hiding in the safe room? Gone is gone. Should have been hiding at a resort in South America.

Still, a fun read. Better than watching a Wildcat/Cardinals game: boring. Two pro teams masquerading as college teams. Follow the money.

likeboblikebobabout 5 years ago

Humorous little tale, thanks for posting.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
Classic LW's story.

Quite an enjoyable and fun tale. The wife is such a disgusting character she's the villain in this couple of cheaters. The guy she cheated with was a dope to ruin his marriage for her. Thanks for sharing. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
cartoonish

Cartoonish evil stupid wife

Cartoonish genius riminal husband

Cartoonish stupid cops

Cartoonist made up laws

Hard to like the usually enjoyable BTBwin when the story is ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re: Sport Fan Rivalry

You don't follow sports much do you. Great story, loved it.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Yup, the UK UofL rivalry is like that, and . . .

. . . it only got worse when Rick Pitino went to Louisville. But us UK fans do owe Coach Pitino a debt of gratitude, since he managed to trash U of L’s entire athletic department. 😀

You should have worked Coach Pitino’s problems into the story, since they’d have made her so upset.

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
Fun Read

Two questionable things:

Why volunteer how much he sold the business for (David's lawyer did)? It seems he got a lot more than he expected, and likely she had no clue how much the business was worth. Why let her know the amount which is going to want her to fight longer and expect a higher dollar amount.

How does Allen sign off on the divorce settlement agreement on behalf of David's wife (forgot her name)?

Things kept happening around the house. I kept wondering why doesn't she have security put in cameras both inside and outside the house. How does the PI and Allen miss this as well?

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
I moved to...

Nebraska and they have a saying that they can tell how busy the hospital's will be on a Saturday night in the Fall by if the Cornhuskers win or lose.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Interesting

Easy to read even though I had no idea what you were talking about. I presume rivalry based on towns or universities or sport or whatever. Silly but made for an entertaining story.

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
End result

I would rather live in a 10'x6' room surrounded by garbage smell, eating something like MREs, NOT seeing the sunshine, NOT seeing other girls, NOT enjoying my money, NOT seeing movies, or parks, or eating at restaurants simply to steal money from my wife. Meanwhile, if ANYONE in my neighborhood sees me, or if I make ONE mistake being seen, everything I did is ruined.

Um...how is this better than living as a divorced man? Did she give zero added value to his life?

Hide some money, pay her off and shake the dust off your feet. LIVE. Get on with life. If necessary, let lawfare make her life miserable.

And what man except a CIA agent doesn't tell his wife what he does for a living? What man doesn't like to brag about his work?

It is easy to throw rocks at a story. I have seen this as a former author. I know.

But it doesn't help when you make your story such a big target.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Webb Brothers in Lexington actually existed, though now . . .

. . . it’s the Webb Companies, a major real estate development company which has had a major role in downtown development.

However, no UK can would ever say something along the lines of “my wife made a cuckold out of me.” You might get a wife picture in a U of L t shirt with the caption “Another U of L cheater,” given what Rick Pitino did.

Coach Pitino got caught up in a sex scandal in which he admitted that he screwed this woman, whom he knocked up, for 15 SECONDS on a restaurant table.

Then an assistant coach got nailed for providing hookers to basketball recruits, and Coach Pitino said he knew nothing about it and kept his job.

Finally, a top recruit with whom U of L seemingly had little chance signed, but it turned out that a $100,000 payment through Nike was somehow arranged. That finally led to Pitino getting fired.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
@Anon behind "This story proves that..."

Can't really dispute anything you've ranted about on your post - obviously, you weren't down with any flight of fancy, which I can respect (I've been know to also lose my shit over plenty of fictional stories around here, so 'can't really judge you here.)

However, some of the things you've said here were actually pretty damn dumb:

"Nothing illegal? He had no legal right to all of their assets and the proceeds from the sale of the business. For him to take it all was criminal."

At the time in which he took out all the money out of his accounts and sold his business, he had ABSOLUTELY EVERY RIGHT to do so. As far as the law was concerned, David was just a guy taking out cash out of the accounts he had under his name... nothing illegal about it. It certainly would have been different if Vivian served him the divorce papers BEFORE he did so... but that wasn't the case, was it? Newsflash, since this is obviously a brand new concept to you: this is precisely why lawyers always advice their clients to immediately split the money from their share accounts, when they're starting a divorce proceeding; otherwise, one of the spouses could raid them, which would put whomever didn't see it coming in a very defensive position, where they had to negotiate their share of the money back... exactly as Vivian had to here. Again, NOTHING ILLEGAL about it - it's perhaps unethical, and such action wouldn't hold up in court. But what could any judge do to someone who did just that, but disappear to parts unknown? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. That would be the responsible of the wronged party to track down their wayward spouse, and, if they couldn't... too bad / so sad / kick that dough goodbye!

"He was also NOT the sole owner of their property."

... Who the hell disputed this? Notice that Dave asked for the house as one of his final demands? That's because he didn't own it solely. Duh.

"Also, theft of property does not matter if it never left the house. Denying her access to her property is illegal."

Gotta prove that David did the thief in the first place, and that Vivian didn't merely misplaced her jewelry, which would definitely be his story... As far as the cops would know, she would have denied HERSELF access to her own property, just to get back at her estranged husband.

Finally... wanna try to get a jury of his peers, who ALL LIVE IN HIS TOWN and ALREADY HATE HER GUTS to convict him of any crime? Well... good luck with that!

I get it - this story burned you more than a fish in frying pan, but please don't let your bias against BTB blind you to the fact that, this sort of actions... more people managed to get away with it than you could imagine. It may not be fair, but it's not as if we live in a fair world anyway, so...

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughabout 5 years ago

An interesting premise, however any monies from the sale of HIS FAMILY's business, would have been out of HER reach in a divorce...."Because David was established in his family's business in Hopkinsville, Vivian had conceded to living there.".... with the funds of the sale being divided up between the owners.....depending on how long the marriage lasted, there may or may not be any "equitable distribution" or "alimony" but even that is doubtful...."Between her knowledge of jewels and her good looks, she was very successful. Her salary was above average. The income from her commissions wavered, but mostly on the high side of what she predicted.".....the equity in the house would be divided as would be ANY ASSETS acquired during the marriage.... I'm not certain what story FD45 read but the wife was aware of the husband's profession..."You know I've never liked this house, but you, Mister Construction Man, knew what a good deal it was. And that creepy basement. I get goosebumps just thinking about all those spider webs, roaches, and rats that might be down there. If you hadn't moved the laundry facility upstairs, I would never have lived here. I still don't understand why you didn't build a house yourself?" The short term use of a "Panic Room" to provide concealment while the protagonist waged his psychological warfare was rather cute....what bothered me was the simple fact that the wife could have easily moved out and into an apartment back in her home town and still have continued with the divorce action. Once the paperwork had been filed, any attempt to sell the house or other JOINT MARITAL ASSETS would have been blocked by the courts if both parties did not sign off on the sales. I believe that the author wished to show the wife as being

duplicitous and greedy...a nice little bit of revenge on the wife, but the other betrayer gets off very lightly.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What happened to you ,your writing and stories are getting weirder!

Another wacko story with,out any reality. Your going in the wrong direction is

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
(Not so) Quietly Passing Through wrote:

"An interesting premise, however any monies from the sale of HIS FAMILY's business, would have been out of HER reach in a divorce...."

This is not true. Kentucky is a no-fault divorce state, which does not recognize community property. However, if there was a significant improvement to the business while the couple was married, that improvement could be considered marital property, subject to equitable distribution; all marital property is subject to such determination.

There is precedent for judges in the Bluegrass State to consider adultery when it comes to determining spousal support, but only slightly.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 5 years ago
LOL!

I woke up my dogs laughing at this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks Skippy47

Thanks for sharing. 5 stars.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years ago
Kentucky Divorces

My understanding of Kentucky divorce law is that an "equitable separation" of assets is required. Any assets owned by the spouses prior to the marriage are not considered marital assets. However, assets gained since marriage are. One might argue the growth of his business after marriage could qualify as gained assets. That doesn't seem to be such a big deal. One could probably better argue that the proceeds from the sale of the business qualified as a gained asset. If he was not concerned that she had some legal right to the business, why did he sell it before she could get her hands on it? If it was his, she had no right to it. But, he sold it suddenly for a reason.

Anyway, even under Kentucky law, while he may have had a legal right to sell his business, he probably would not have had a right to take 100% of their other assets and I doubt any lawyer would advise him to take all the money from their joint accounts.

But, these points really didn't change the story much either way.

KB

ttom76ttom76about 5 years ago
ReedRichards is not quite right

According to https://statelaws.findlaw.com/kentucky-law/kentucky-marital-property-laws.html:

"Marital property doesn’t include what’s owned separately by either spouse, including property owned before marriage, gifts, inheritance, property excluded by a legal agreement (like prenups), or property obtained after legally separating. These are called “separate property.”

Thus, his family's business is his separate property.

What many miss is that what was once separate property can become community property if, after marriage, their community property is used to pay off or maintain one's separate property.

Your use of college football loyalty as being higher than spousal loyalty cracked me up. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I enjoyed this story

I occasionally enjoy reading LW stories. Yours seem to be unusually creative.

I get a big kick out of reading the comments. Man, some of these people get really worked up! Lighten up, commenters, it’s a STORY!

I enjoyed reading it, so thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a great story...

...very entertaining story. One small nitpick, how could skunks get under the house when the house had a basement? Also dont think he should have even considered giving her any money as a wedding gift. If anything he should have continued the mental torture. Fun read. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

LuvTooRimULuvTooRimUover 4 years ago
Rivalry

Dont quite understand the title - but is by far the best I have read here

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Kids kids kids mental and emotional level of teenagers sorry don't include all teenagers

Rabid fans are really going to marry opposed?

I liked his revenge

Too much given to her

Maybe? Half that

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
Rivalry

Strange that I should read this on what is traditionally "Rivalry weekend" for college football. Funny story but a little far fetched for the rivalry to have such a cause for discord.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I say, "BULL SHIT"!

NFW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Utterly stupid, the pair of them

Letting "loyalty" (blergh) to a sports team override loyalty to one's SO? Why get married then?

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Kentucky rules!

As someone who has lived in Louisville Kentucky for over 60 years I want to thank you for putting Kentucky in your story.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Vivian was from CUNTtucky.

Thank you for the wonderful areas in Kentucky. I am from all over Kentucky. I was born in Kentucky and I love every inch of it. Please do more stories about Kentucky.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anonymous 3/10/19 BTB will accept anything!

This anonymous is your typical asshole who can’t just enjoy a excellent tongue and cheek humorous story! They demonstrate their stupidity by outlining various parts of the story being outlandish. Well that is what the author was doing on purpose, you idiot! You have no understanding of humor! This was a fictional story for enjoyment. It was not a real story, dummy!

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
It is actually Western Kentucky Parkway

I drive it all the time

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
I’ve never been to Hoptown, but . . .

. . . but yeah, there are going to be a lot more UK than U of L fans there.

Kentucky law would allow her half of the gain in value of the company, regardless of what others here have written.

Rick Pitino salvaged the UK basketball program after Eddie Sutton had destroyed it, but after winning the NCAA championship in 1996 and coming in second in 1997 — only because Nazareth Mohammad went 0-6 at the free throw line — Coach Pitino heard the call of the NBA, and went to coach the Celtics. He failed there, because his coaching stylist wasn’t suited for the pros.

Needing to return to college coaching, he went with Louisville, the scum. H succeeded at UK, despite the NCAA watching the program closely, BTB semester to have forgotten everything he knew about the rules at Louisville. He fled up multiple times before finally being fired. That’s he theme: Kentucky fans are honest, Louisville fans are cheats!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Yawn. The fact that people actually give a shit About college basketball to This degree to this extreme explain one of the reasons why this country honors people like Kim Kardashian and thinks trump is competent

beamer142beamer142about 3 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me laugh out loud at the BTB revenge and while it was a bit far fetched it is after all fiction . so why some of these comments have been posted I dont understand. Keep on the god work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ridiculous. Then "David was about to send a $100,000 check as a wedding present." Totally ruined an already ludicrous college rah rah BS story.

lee5456lee5456about 3 years ago
I live in Louisville Kentucky

I am a damn Yankee Reb

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 3 years ago

I used to live just over the state line in Woodlawn, TN, on the other side of Fort Campbell, KY. My Army Reserve unit was in Hopkinsville. The place is not quite as athletically partisan as the story would have you believe. OTOH, I can certainly see little old ladies from Hoptown bitch-slapping the wife in a case like this.

And, yeah, I know all about the Beaver Dam service plaza on the WKP.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Big kick out of this story! Partly because I’m a UT Knoxville undergrad and College of Law graduate - GO VOLS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story

imhaplessimhaplessabout 2 years ago

Cute and original. 5*

eljj546eljj546almost 2 years ago
Louisville is the best place to be.

I love Beaver dam West Kentucky parkway. Been there so many times. Most beautiful spot in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely different...! 5

whateverittakeswhateverittakes11 months ago

And I thought UM-MSU was a bitter rivalry.

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

Last paragraph.

…Several people wondered if David and Allen's wife might get together after the divorces. They stopped wondering after they found out she was a Tennessee Volunteer fan…

HUH?

In the previous (penultimate) paragraph, Asshole was waiting for Sweetie1 to get her head and life straight! And Hubby was not seeing any females except perhaps at his ‘Thanks for backing me up, neighbors’ BBQs! Hubby and Asshole marrying the same unknown (Volunteer) woman is highly unlikely.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 1 month ago
Reads better the second time around (at least for me)

I didn’t like this story the first time I read it because I took it too seriously. Second time I got it - it is tongue-firmly-in-cheek. Reading the comments I was not alone in taking it too seriously. Enjoyable read!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous