Rivals Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I totally understand. I'm not upset at all."

"Glad to hear it. It seems like you and Sarah are warming up nicely," she says, looking over at Sarah.

"What makes you say that?" I ask as I follow her gaze. Sarah and Kennedy are talking about something. "She's kind of my rival. And to be honest, I wasn't really fond of the idea of having her as a roommate or as a teammate. I hated her so much when we played against each other."

"Oh come on, there's definitely something going on between the two of you and it's definitely not hate. Honestly, it kind of reminds me of Kennedy and me back when I first joined the team. We hated each other. Always challenging each other and trying to outwork each other. Now look at us, I can't imagine life without her."

"How come you didn't tell me you and she were dating?" I ask.

"I didn't know how you'd react. Besides, it's complicated," she says.

"How so?" I ask.

"I'll tell you later," she says as she pulls me back to Kennedy and Sarah. Then she slips her hand in Kennedy as the two head for the exit. She looks back at us. "Alright, I'll text you when we head over to the dorms."

"Okay, sounds good," I say. As they leave, I look over at Sarah. Our eyes meet before she looks away. "Sooo. How did your training session go with Cat?"

"It was amazing! I'm so glad Cat and I are sisters. How about you?" she asks.

"Yeah, it was awesome. I've already learned so much from Kennedy," I say.

"Yeah? Surely not enough to beat me," she smiles.

"We'll see about that," I say as I fight the smile trying to find its way on my lips.

"Come on, Dandi. We should get ready for tonight. I'm actually a little nervous," she says.

"Really? You actually get nervous. So you're human after all?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

She laughs. "Okay, Ms. Perfect."

"I'm not perfect. Far from it," I smile as I change my shoes. She sits down next to me and tugging hers off as well.

"Did you see the look on Danielle's face when coach said she was going to be Usha's little sis?" she asks.

"Yes! She was so pissed. I don't even understand why she'd be upset. I'd love to be Usha's, little sis. She's so talented," I say.

"That's because she's a spoiled brat and is entitled. She expected to be Kennedy's little sis because she thinks she's the best. I can't stand that attitude," Sarah says.

"Yeah, me neither," I agree.

"Besides, everyone knows the implications of putting you as Kennedy's little sis," Sarah says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"They're grooming you to take over after Usha graduates. I mean, come on. Usha's a junior. That means she'll only be starting point guard for a season and there will be a gap year. You're going to be starting point guard for 2 seasons," she says as we grab our things and head out.

"Not if Danielle has anything to say about it. She's managed to beat me every time so far," I say.

"Trust me, Danielle has nothing on you," she says.

"What makes you think that?" I ask.

"Because she didn't spend the last hour in the gym getting better. Nor did she get up early to work on her skills. You did though. You're putting in the extra effort where she just rests on her talents. It's an obvious decision why coach made you Kennedy's little sis and not Danielle. Plus she did say that the players had a say in the choice. That means Kennedy wanted you as a little sis," she says.

"I never thought of that," I say. Kennedy chose me...

I look up at Sarah. "That means Cat chose you too."

"Yeah, I guess so. Cat's pretty cool. You're so lucky to grow up with her."

"Yeah, she was a great role model."

Back at the Dorm

We enter the dorms to find Danielle wrapped in the arms of some dude. Maly's nowhere in sight. "Where's Maly?" I ask.

"I don't know... I think she went somewhere with Solette," Danielle says as the guy starts whispering in her ear. She laughs.

"Shouldn't you be with Usha?" I ask.

"Why? It's not like I can learn anything from a 2nd string point guard. I should be with Kennedy." She throws me the stink eye.

"Not according to the coach," Sarah says.

"Whatever," she says. "By the way, this is my boyfriend, Ashton, he's on the men's team. He's the starting shooting guard. Isn't that right babe?"

"Yep and I intend to be the top shooting guard in the country," he says.

"Right..." Sarah says. "Well, I call first dibs on the shower."

She rushes past me into the bunk room before heading into the bathroom, leaving me alone with little miss shallow and her boy toy.

"So, is your coach going to make any cuts?" Ashton asks. "Ours needs to cut at least 2 people from the team."

"Yeah, but my spot is pretty much guaranteed, my dad's a huge donor. There's no way they'll cut me," Danielle says.

Bull... Coach Clayton isn't like that, right? She puts the team first, not some rich dad who pays their spoiled brat's way onto the team.

God, I'd rather be alone. I head into the bunk room and put on some headphones while I listen to the Blades, this relatively new all-girl band. They're amazing. Their first song was like a love letter to a friend. I can tell the message through the lines. The person who wrote it loves their friend, but the friend doesn't realize it. It's a sad song, really, but it's one of my favorites.

Menna's Joint

After Sarah and I shower, Cat and Kennedy pick us up and we head out. "Have either of you had a dub before?" Cat asks.

"A what?" I ask.

"Like dubstep?" Sarah says.

Both Cat and Kennedy look at each other before they both bust up laughing. "It's the only legal joint in town," Cat chuckles.

"I don't smoke," I say.

"Yeah, I don't smoke during basketball season," Sarah says.

"No, it's not weed. It's Menna's Joint. The best place here. Trust me," Cat says as we pull into a beat-up looking outlet mall. In the small building is a place called Menna's Joint. Kennedy puts it in park and we head in. On the window, it says The Only Legal Joint in Town. Ahhh... I see.

Inside, it's relatively small. All wood flooring and kind of dark. We walk up to order and there's a little bit of a line. I read the menu and I lean over to Cat. "What's a dub?"

"It's like a wrap that they grill and it's amazing," Cat says. "We always get the Fatty Dub for dinner and the Cowboy Dub for breakfast after a hangover."

I reach for my purse before Kennedy stops. "Yo, we got this."

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You're our littles," Cat says.

"Thanks!" Sarah and I say in unison.

"So what do you guys want?" Kennedy asks us.

"I'll just take what you're getting," I say.

"Same," Sarah says.

As we get up to order, Kennedy orders 4 Fatty Dubs with drinks. She hands us our cups and we fill up before grabbing a table. As we wait for our food, Kennedy and Cat get awfully close. Cat and I grab our food once it's ready.

"Holy crap, these things are huge!" I say as we unwrap them. As I take a bite, I feel as if I died and went to heaven. I don't think I have ever had anything quite this good.

"How are you girls not like 300 lbs right now? These are so good! I'd eat these every day if I could!" Sarah says as she digs in.

"I know, right?" Cat says. "Thank god for practice or I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe."

"So," Kennedy says. "What do you girls think so far?"

Sarah and I both exchanged glances. "These are amazing!" I say.

"Haha, not about the food, but the team," Cat says.

"I think things are going great so far," Sarah says. "Couldn't ask for a better big sis."

"Aww, thanks!" Cat says.

"Ditto. It's a dream come true to have you as a big sis," I say to Kennedy.

"Aww, I'm glad," Kennedy says with a beautiful smile.

"So what's tonight going to be about?" Sarah asks.

"Oh, just a little get to know ya. Nothing like last night," Cat says.

"Suure," I say. They all laugh.

"No seriously, we already laid down the law, tonights just a fun gathering of teammates," Cat says before she and Kennedy share a look and start to giggle amongst themselves. Sarah and I exchange looks.

"They're totally going to haze us," Sarah says.

"No. We would never..." Cat says acting extra dramatic. "Although, there was that one-time last year where we totally got that bitch Kelly."

"Yeah! With the shaving cream? She totally deserved it," Kennedy says.

"Who's Kelly?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter, didn't even last the preseason. We totally broke her," Cat says.

"She was a total bitch," Kennedy says. "God, I hated her."

"Right?" Cat says. "She was such a royal brat. Don't worry, we'd never do the things we did to Kelly to either of you. We only haze the ones we don't like."

"So you're saying you like us?" I ask.

"Dandi, you're like my little sister, I have to like you or I'd feel the wrath of good ole aunty El," Cat says.

"Yeah, so far most of the freshmen are pretty chill," Kennedy says.

"Most?" Sarah asks.

"Well... There's one who... Let's just say no one can stand her," Cat says.

"Do tell," Sarah says as she leans up against her folded hands, listening closely.

"Oh come on, it's not like it's hard to figure who the rotten egg is," Cat says.

"Well... if it isn't Sarah, then..." I say.

"Wait a second, did Dandi just tell a joke?" Cat asks.

"I hope she's joking," Sarah laughs.

"Yeah, I'm only kidding," I smile.

"I guess there is a first for everything," Cat laughs.

"So let me get this straight. Cat says you two went to rival schools?" Kennedy asks.

"Yeah, Cat and I went to Boyne City up north and she went to Traverse City St. Francis. A rich private catholic school that recruits their players," I say.

"Yes because that's the only reason we ever managed to beat Boyne City 3 out of the 3 times we played them," Sarah sighs.

"Ooh. Snap. Sounds like you two have some beef," Kennedy says.

"Well, I feel like we've sort of worked it out, right?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah, we found someone we hate more than each other," I laugh.

"Let me guess, it's that Danielle bitch, right?" Cat asks.

"Yes!" Sarah and I say together.

"Oh my god, don't even get me started on Danielle," Kennedy sighs. "I'm so glad we had some input on who we got as a little sis because if I got stuck with her I probably would end up drowning her in the river."

I can't help but snort a laugh. "I feel so bad for Usha," Cat says.

"Oh I know, that poor girl has to put up with that bitch," Kennedy says, she turns to me and puts her hand on my arm causing my heart to jump into my throat. "I'm so glad you decided to walk on or else I would've been stuck with her."

"Awwww. Thanks! It was actually Cat that convinced me. I almost called it quits and gave up after I didn't receive any offers."

"Really?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah, I was devastated," I admit.

"That's hard to believe, you never give up. Even when we've run 20 points upon you and there were only 2 minutes left, you would still try to beat us. It's kind of pathetic, but also kind of admirable," Sarah says. I give her the stink eye.

"You know, you two remind me of us back when Cat was a freshman," Kennedy says.

"Really?" We both ask, looking at each other.

"Yeah, we both hated each other," Kennedy says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yeah," Kennedy says as she looks over at Cat. "She was always joking around and never took anything serious when she first joined the team. I hate that."

"And she was always so serious. Everything was by the book with her. Well, coach said..." Cat sticks her nose out in an attempt to mimic Kennedy.

"And you were a total rule-breaker who was always getting into trouble," Kennedy laughs as she bumps Cat with her shoulder. "I'll never forget the first night at the house. Carol, the team captain at the time was trying to lay down the law and Cat just broke out laughing. It's safe to say Carol hated Cat after that.'

"So what happened?" Sarah asks. "I mean because obviously, you two are dating, right?"

"Well, it's complicated. We're definitely exclusive," Cat says. "But, with Kennedy graduating at the end of the spring and me only being a junior, we'll probably have to go our separate ways. Because Kennedy will definitely be drafted in the WNBA and will probably have to move somewhere far far away. So... Yeah..."

"We're just trying to enjoy the moment and just be happy with what we have," Kennedy says.

"That's so sad," I say. "You're not even going to try to make it work?"

"Cela, Kennedy, and I have discussed this many times. It's just way too complicated. As much as we love each other, we both agree it's just best to enjoy the time we have together," Cat says.

"I'll be honest, I didn't even know you were gay," I say.

"Don't sweat it, she's not even out to her parents yet," Kennedy sighs.

"Please don't tell them or your aunt and uncle for that matter," Cat says.

"I just don't understand why you can't just tell them," Kennedy says.

"Do we have to talk about this here?" Cat asks, tucking her messy brown hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry, it's just every time we go over to your house I have to pretend to just be friends and I hate that," Kennedy says.

"Cat's parents wouldn't understand. Like northern Michigan is super old fashion. Both of our families are super religious. We both went to the same Baptist church down the road. People gossip like crazy. One time, this girl named Carrie who went to our church came out and her parents disowned her. Totally kicked her out of their house and everything," I say.

"God, I remember that. My parents wouldn't shut up about how shocking it was and how much of a deviant Carrie is. They said they didn't want me to "associate" with her. I felt so bad for Carrie. I knew I was gay back then, but... I didn't defend her or anything. I even stopped hanging out with her," Cat says as she buries her face in her hands.

"Hey, it's okay." Kennedy rubs Cat's back. "I had no idea it was like that up there. Where I went down to school down in California, it's super chill. My parents were totally cool with me being gay and totally supportive. I could never imagine my family disowning me over it."

"It's not like that in Traverse City. I mean, of course, there are a lot of bigots there, but my family's definitely not like that. When I came out to my dad and my brothers, they were all super chill," Sarah says.

"Wait, you're gay?" I ask, looking at her. Completely thrown off guard. I would've never guessed.

She brushes a string of her blonde hair out of her face before running her hand down her other arm. "Yeah... "

"I called it!" Cat says as she turns to Kennedy. "Damn, I should've bet you on it."

"Is it really that obvious?" Sarah asks.

"No, not at all," Kennedy says. "Cat just has telepathy or something. I swear she just knows these things. Besides, you have nothing to worry about. Everyone on the team is super chill about it and half of them are lesbians anyways or at least bi."

"Soo... Got a girlfriend?" Cat asks Sarah.

"No... I had one in high school, but we both had to keep things secret because going to a private catholic school isn't exactly LGBT friendly," Sarah says.

"What happened?" Kennedy asks.

"People found out we were hooking up and rumors spread. Eventually, things got too stressful and she broke up with me," Sarah says, tearing her gaze away from us.

"Aww, that's awful. I'm so sorry," Cat says.

"You don't have to worry about that here. You're with us now," Kennedy says.

"Awww, thanks!" Sarah says with rosy red cheeks.

"Well, we should get going," Kennedy says, looking at her watch.

The House

We follow them out and get in the car as they drive us to the house. "You girls want to come check out my room?" Cat asks.

"Sure," we both say.

We follow them into the house and up the stairs to Cat's room. It's decorated with white lights. Her wall is filled with pictures of her and Kennedy along with the team and there's even one of her and me together on there. She grabs Sarah, wrapping her arm around her while she holds out an old polaroid camera and snaps a picture of the two of them.

"Had to get one with my little sis to put on the wall of fame," she says as she takes the picture and shakes it before putting it up on the wall.

"Aww, I'm honored," Sarah says.

"Your room is amazing," I say.

"Yeah, I love it," Sarah says.

"Thanks, Kennedy, and I spent an entire day decorating it," Cat says. "For some reason, it took forever to get the lights up."

"That's because you kept taking pictures of my butt with the polaroid instead of helping," Kennedy says.

"Hey, you have an amazing butt, I couldn't help myself," Cat laughs. Kennedy pulls Cat into her arms and kisses her on the cheek.

"Do you live here too?" I ask Kennedy.

"She might as well, she spends more time here than at her dorm," Cat says.

"Because of one of my scholarships, I'm required to live in the dorm," Kennedy sighs. "But honestly, I can't remember the last time I slept in the dorms. I pretty much consider this my room."

"She even has her own space in the closet, which takes up valuable real estate," Cat says. I strangely find myself jealous of what Cat and Kennedy have. They're so good together. I would love to have what they have. But what I can't comprehend is why I'm fantasizing about what it'd be like to have a girlfriend. I'm not gay...

At least I don't think I am. Although, the fact that I've never had a boyfriend would say otherwise. Thinking further about it, I don't think I've ever had a real boy crush. But does that mean I'm gay? I don't know. I don't think so...

"We should head downstairs," Kennedy says.

We follow them downstairs and end up in the basement again. "Okay, is everyone here?" Kennedy asks.

"Where's Danielle?" Cat asks.

"I'm here," she says as she comes down the stairs.

"You're late," Kennedy says, crossing her arms and giving Danielle the stink eye.

"Well, I had other things going on... I didn't know when I signed up to play basketball that it would end up being a sorority..." she says in a snotty tone.

"Hey don't get sassy with us," Fionna says.

"I'm not, I'm just telling you like it is," she snaps back.

"Whatever, just take a seat with the rest of the shinies,' Kennedy sighs.

"Meeting has officially started," Cat says.

"Shinies, now that you've all been assigned to a big sis, it'll be your job to aid them in whatever way they deem fit," Kennedy says.

"Meaning, you're our little servants. You'll be carrying our gear, driving us around, giving us massages. If we ask you to do something, you do it,' Fionna says.

"Pfff as if," Danielle says under her breath.

"Got something to say?" Fionna asks.

"No. Nothing at all," Danielle.

"Obviously, that doesn't mean sex or anything like that. We keep things consensual around here," Kennedy says.

"But you will for damn sure be doing our laundry," Fionna says. "So Vishay, you better get used to the smell of my dirty socks."

"And trust me, they stink," Kathleen says, everyone laughs.

"During parties, you better be looking after your big sis," Cat says.

"That means, you'll be keeping our drinks full and keeping the creeps away," Fionna says. "And for god's sake. Don't let us look stupid."

"Oh, and we've got you all a present," Kennedy says.

Lauren comes out with a big bag and hands it to Kennedy. Kennedy opens it and pulls out a bright pink basketball that says Drama Queen on it. "Danielle, here you go."

"Drama queen?" Danielle raises an eyebrow.

They ignore her and pull out another basketball, this one is a peach-colored basketball. It says Peaches on it. "Sarah, this one's yours."

She passes it to her. Sarah raises an eyebrow. "Peaches?"

"We've all agreed that you've got the best ass of the freshman," Cat says.