Rivals Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why peaches then?" Sarah asks.

"Because you have an ass like a peach," Fionna says.

Sarah's cheeks bloom like a rose. Next, they pull out a brown ball with white spots on it. It's got Bambi on it. "Malynne, this is yours."

"Bambi?" Salenne asks.

"Have you ever seen the movie?" Solette asks.

"Yeah, who hasn't?" Maly says.

"Well, today at practice, you looked like Bambi on ice," she laughs and everyone else joins in.

"Ouch," Sarah says.

Kennedy pulls out a red basketball with the word Chatterbox on it. "Vishay, here's yours."

"Chatterbox?" Danielle asks. "I don't think I have ever heard her speak."

"I know, that's the point," Fionna laughs.

Lastly, Kennedy pulls out a yellow basketball and I already know what it says. "Dandi! This one's for you."

"Yay..." I say flatly as I catch it. It does look really nice. I wonder how they got these custom made?

"You must have your ball on your at all times," Kennedy says.

"You do not want to know what will happen if we find you without it," Fionna says.

"Trust me, just take your ball everywhere," Usha says.

"What about classes?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter," Fionna says. "Ball goes where you go."

Back at the Dorm

As we get back to the dorm, I sneak down to the commons and start a video chat with my mom and dad.

"How's my little senorita," my mother says as she comes into focus.

"I'm great, how are you both doing?" I ask.

"Oh just another blistering hot day down in Mexico," my dad sighs.

"I wish you both could come back here. It's been so nice out right now," I say.

"Someday, sweetie," my mom says. They both look as if they've been in a sauna all day. My mom's jet black hair is in a frizzy mess and she's got paint all over while my dad's got sweat dripping down from his brow.

"How's basketball?" my dad asks.

"Great. I've made so many friends. You won't believe it, but I got to be Kennedy Brooke's, little sis. It's like a buddy system and she practically chose me! Isn't that amazing?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's great! Just make sure you pay attention and get as much advice from her as you can," my dad says.

"Oh, definitely. She's already helped me with my defense. Also, Cat's on the team, so that's made the transition pretty easy," I say.

"Oh that's nice, how is Catlynne doing?" my mom asks.

"She's doing great. College life really suits her," I say.

"That's great. And what about your roommates? How are they?" she asks.

"So far so good," I say as I take a look around. "You'll never believe it, but I got paired with Sarah wood and we're now teammates."

"What? No way! The same girl from TC?" my dad asks.

"Yep. The very same one."

"Please tell me you haven't torn her hair out yet," my dad says.

"No. Not yet. She's actually not all that bad. She works hard and I respect that. Besides..." I take another look around. "We have to room with this girl named Danielle and she's a total snob. A typical rich girl whose daddy bought her in."

"Ahh, that'll do it. Nothing like bonding over a common enemy," my mother says. "By the way, I have something to show you."

She takes the camera and walks into her homemade art studio. "Did you finally finish the ocean peace?"

"Yes!" my mom says with giddy excitement. She hovers the camera over the masterpiece and it's so beautiful. The mixtures of blues that bring the ocean to life make the picture seem so real. With the sun shining down on the white sand and palm trees in the background make you feel as if you're there.

"Wow, mom. It's so beautiful. I love it!" I say.

"I knew you would. Have you created any beautiful works of art lately?" she asks.

"No, been too busy with basketball and moving into the dorms. But with classes starting, I'm taking an art class so I will hopefully get in some time to express my creative side," I say.

"That's great. Just keep me posted. I can't wait to see what you create," she says.

"Thanks, mom." I look up to see Vishay walking up with a girl who must be one of her roommates, she's got her ball under her arm. Crap, I forgot mine. Then Sarah walks down with our basketballs. "Hey, I gotta go. I love you both."

"Love you too," they both say before I hang up.

"Hey, there you are. You took off without your basketball," she says as she hands me my yellow ball.

"Thanks. That was awfully kind of you," I say as she hands the ball to me.

"Don't get the wrong idea," she smirks. "I don't want my rival to get in trouble. I need someone to practice my moves on. I've got a new signature move that'll leave you in the dust."

"Is that so?" I ask. "You know, all these moves aren't enough to beat me."

"Ha, we'll see about that," she says. "So. Who ya talking to?"

"Oh, just my parents," I say.

"Nice. I probably should call my dad. I haven't spoken to him in a couple of days now," Sarah says.

"That might not be a bad idea," I laugh.

"So, what's your family like?" Sarah asks.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask.

"I was just curious. That's all," Sarah says.

"Well, my family is a bit complicated and it's a long story," I say, I really don't want to talk about my family. Most people just won't understand.

"It can't be that complicated, I have 3 older brothers and a twin brother. So for most of my life, I lived with a house full of all boys," she says. "Is it more complicated than that?"

"Wow, that explains a lot," I say.

"What?" she asks. "What's it explain?"

"Why you're so competitive," I say.

"I'm competitive? Don't you think that's the pot calling the kettle black?" she asks.

"Who says being competitive is a bad thing?" I ask.

"True," she laughs.

"Well, at least you had your mom to go to for some female influence," I say.

She pulls her eyes away from me. "I wish... She died before I could even form memories."

I grab her and pull her into a hug. "Oh... I'm so sorry."

She pulls back. "Why? It's not your fault."

"I know, but it couldn't have been easy growing up without the one woman who will always love you unconditionally. If you ever need to talk to someone about it, you can talk to me," I say.

"Thanks. It was hard growing up without my mom. I'll admit that. There were a lot of things I missed out on and there were a lot of things I had to figure out by myself. I didn't have that woman I could go to just to talk. It was definitely confusing at times. Especially growing up in a house full of males. Messy, sloppy males who I was always cleaning up after," she says.

I look into those beautiful ocean blue eyes of hers as she runs a hand through her gorgeous blonde hair. I think about all the memories I had with my mother. Watching her paint. All the times she'd brush my hair while I vented about school. And it was hard when she was sent to Mexico, but at least I can video chat with her and visit. Sarah will never be able to talk to her mom. "I can't imagine how hard that was growing up. You are so strong for going through all that and thank you for sharing this with me."

"So, how about you? Is your family more complicated than mine?" Sarah asks.

"Can we talk about it some other time?" I ask.

"Sure," she says.

Sarah's Perspective

English Class

First day of classes... Yeah. Walking into English class with a peach-colored ball in hand doesn't exactly allow me to blend in. "Hey, is this seat taken?" a girl asks with the most gorgeous brown hair and blue eyes.

"Yeah. I mean no. I mean, sure. You, it's all yours," I spit out.

"Thanks," she says sitting down. "I'm Cassie."

"I'm Sarah. It's nice to meet you," I say.

"I love your hair, by the way. It's such a good color of blonde. That's natural right?" she asks.

"Yeah." I can feel the blush heating up my cheeks. I should pay her back a compliment. Why am I getting flustered? "You have amazing lips..."

Wow... Seriously Sarah? That's the best you can do? "I mean, I love the lip gloss you have on. What kind is it?"

"Oh," she laughs as she reaches in her bag and pulls it out. "It's called Rose Petal."

"Nice, I'll have to look for that," I say.

"Here, you can have it. I've got a spare at the dorms," she says.

"Really? Thanks!" I say, taking it from her.

"I've got to ask, what's with the basketball?" she says.

"Oh, it's a stupid team requirement. Rookies have to carry around a ball," I say.

"Oh, so you're on the basketball team?" she asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"No way! That's awesome," she says. "Maybe I can see you play sometime."

"Yeah! Sure. Definitely!" God, I sound like I'm on meth or something. Calm down, Sarah. She's probably not even into girls. That'd be my luck. Or she is and she's got a girlfriend.

"So, what does Peaches mean?" she asks, nodding at my basketball.

I can feel the heat instantly rush to my face. "Nothing... Just a silly nickname."

"Oh cool. I like it." Her smile is so genuine and innocent. Thank god she doesn't ask the meaning behind it.

"So... have you figured out what you want to major in?" she asks.

"Ummm. not really. I'm here on a sports scholarship, so... I'll probably do something general," I say, twirling a string hair around my finger. "What about you?"

"I want to do something with writing. It's definitely something I'm passionate about," she says.

"That's cool. Is there anything in particular, like journalism or something?" I ask.

"Probably creative fiction, but I know that's a hard field to get into so I'm going to keep my options open," she says, tucking a long string of her perfect brown hair behind her ear.

"Oh, I totally get that. I would love to go pro, but I'll be keeping my options open as well," I say.

"Yeah, exactly. But I think you should go for it. I bet you're amazing. You're good enough to get a sports scholarship," she says.

"Aww, thanks," I say.

"Sarah, I didn't know we have English Lit together," Maly says as she sits down in front of me with her ball tucked under her arm.

"Hey Maly," I say. "This is Cassie. Cassie, meet my roommate Malynne."

"Nice to meet you. I take it you're on the basketball team too," she says.

"Yep," Maly says.

"Good Morning Class," A beautiful brunette middle-aged woman walks in. She's got on a pair of high rise white ankle pants that hug her rather big butt. With a scarlet blouse that really compliments her eyes. "My name is professor Jenna Porter. You can feel free to call me Jenna. I'd like to keep this class casual and open. A writing class should be more of an open discussion rather than a mundane lecture."

Not only is she gorgeous, but she seems so chill. This is going to be a difficult class to concentrate in. "So, let's discuss what we'll be doing this semester. For the most part, the papers I will assign will be pretty open to your choosing. I want you to write about the things you find passionate. Writing should be fun. So as long as you turn in something that you've put a lot of time and consideration into, you'll get a good grade."

--

Math Class

I hate math and to make matters worse, I have it with Danielle and I'm not surprised to see her without her ball. Of all the college algebra classes available, why did I choose the only one with her in it?

"Hey, girl. Looks like this seat is empty," your typical Abercrombie douchebag says as he sits down next to me. He's even got the hair, neatly combed with a little wave to it. Please. "The name is Ethan, not to brag or anything, but I'm on the basketball team. Here on a sports scholarship."

"Well it was obvious you weren't here on an academic scholarship," I say.

"Ouch," he says, taken aback. I wish there was an anti-douchebag repellent, but that would be too easy. "Feisty. I like that. So are you going to tell me your name?"

"Probably not," I say flatly.

"Playing hard to get, you like to keep things interesting, don't you? I'm all up for a challenge," he says. Does he not know how to take a hint?

"Good afternoon everyone, welcome to College Algebra," a tall man with glasses thick enough to be bulletproof. "My name is professor Alvin Stafford. I'll be teaching you the intricacies of algebra."

It doesn't take long before I'm dozing off. Why is math so boring? By the time class is over, I rush out of there as fast as I can. I can't make it far before douchebag Evan or whatever his name is grabs my arm. "Hey, cool basketball. Peaches. Is that because you've got a peach for an ass?"

Of course, he'd know exactly what it stood for. I raise an eyebrow and tap my foot impatiently after I yank my arm from his grasp.

"So... There's this cool party this weekend at this frat I'm rushing. It'll be fun. Free drinks on me," he says.

"Sorry, I'll be busy this weekend. Gotta run to my next class, bye," I say. What a creep.

"Sarah. Are you heading back to the dorm room?" Danielle asks as she walks up to us.

"Sarah, huh?" Mr. Creep asks. Of course, Danielle hands my name over on a silver platter. "And who's your friend?"

"Danielle and what's your name?" she asks with a smile that clearly displays her interest in him.

"Ethan," he smiles a shit-eating grin that makes my skin crawl.

"It's a pleasure," Danielle says as she steps closer. Of course, she'd go for a guy like him.

"I was just telling, Sarah, that my fraternity is throwing a party this weekend," he says.

"Oh really?" Danielle asks. "What fraternity do you belong to?"

"Phi Sigma Phi," he says.

"Well, it's too bad we can't drink. Well, I've got to get going. I've got class. Bye." I walk away before either of them can stop me. A shiver goes down my spine from just thinking about that creep.

--

Marcela's Perspective

Calc Class

"Dandi! You're taking calculus?" Cat asks as she and Kennedy sit next to me.

"Yeah, I didn't realize you both would be here," I say.

"Well, I've got to take it at some point," Cat says.

"And I'm not the biggest fan of math," Kennedy says. "And I need one more math class to graduate. Might as well bite the bullet."

"Really? That surprises me," I say.

"Oh, Kennedy hates math. I actually like math. Kennedy begged me to take this class with her," Cat says.

"That's so not true," Kennedy sighs.

"Then don't come running to me after the first assignment,' Cat says.

Kennedy scoots closer to me. "What do you say you and I form a sister study group?"

I laugh. "Of course."

"What are you two majoring in?" I ask.

"Sports medicine," Kennedy says.

"That somehow doesn't surprise me," I say.

"It was either that or coaching if the WNBA doesn't work out for me," she says.

"Well I highly doubt you'll have to worry about that considering you're one of the best players in the country," I say.

"That doesn't guarantee I can go pro," she says.

"True. What about you, Cat?" I ask.

"Computer programming," she says.

"Really?" I ask with eyebrows raised.

"You say that like you're surprised," she says, tilting her head and narrowing her eyes.

"I just didn't think you were all that into computers," I say.

"She's actually a huge computer nerd. She's even got her own blog and she's already got an app on her resume," Kennedy says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"I mean, it's a private app. A chat group for our team. It's really nothing special," Cat says, crouching in her chair.

"It's pretty cool. It allows you to do video chat and everything. You can also delete messages from the chat and build a profile," Kennedy says.

"It doesn't have anything unique about it. It's basically just like every other chat app ever," Cat says.

"Do we get to join?" I ask.

"Once the season starts. You're not on the team yet. Coach will make the final decision about cuts just before the season starts," Kennedy says, before turning to Cat. "Tell her about the new app you're working on."

"Come on Kennedy. It's not ready for anyone to see it just yet," Cat sighs.

"She's super self-conscious about her own work," Kennedy says. "But it's really cool. It's like a video game, but it's a dating app. It's not strictly for LGBTQ people, but it'll be predominantly for the community. It's like sims, but you only have control over one avatar and you can literally build a virtual life inside the mobile game."

"Kennedy... " Cat says.

"What? It's pretty awesome if you ask me," she says. I've never seen this side of Cat before. She's always been this super confident and outspoken person and to see her so bashful and almost embarrassed is kind of shocking. "Oh, look who's joining us."

I look up to see Vertasha and Salenna walk into class. But behind them is a super pretty girl with gorgeous brunette hair and sky blue eyes.

"It's good to see that you have your ball by the way," Kennedy says.

"Oh, of course," I say with a smile.

"Good morning class," a tall man walks in with glasses thicker than airplane windows. "I'm professor Alvin Stafford. Who's ready to learn about differentials?"

--

After class, Kennedy and Cat walk out with me.

"Hey, nice basketball. You must be teammates with Sarah," says the girl with the bright blue eyes and beautiful brown hair as she catches up with us.

"Yeah, are you friends with her?" I ask.

"Well, not really. I just met her in English class like an hour ago," the girl says.

'Wow, what are the odds?" Cat says.

"I know, right?" she asks with a bright smile. It makes my stomach feel as light as air.

"So, I take it you're a freshman?" Cat asks.

"Yeah," she says.

"Look at that, Dandi, you're not the only freshman in calc," Cat laughs.

"What about you two?" she asks.

"I'm a junior and Kennedy is a senior. We're both on the team," Cat says.

"Oh cool. I was telling Sarah that I'm definitely going to have to come to see you girls play," she says.

"Yeah, you should definitely come. We also party like crazy after we win. You're more than welcome to join us," Cat says.

"Really? That would be great. Although I'm kind of rushing a sorority, so I might have to do sorority stuff, but I would love to if I'm not busy," Cassie says, with that heartwarming smile as she tucks a loose string of her gorgeous brown hair behind her ear. "Well, I should get to class. It was nice meeting the three of you."

"You as well," Cat says as she walks away. She wraps her arm around me. "God, if you were gay, I would totally advice you to lock her up before someone else snatches her."

"How do you know she's a lesbian?" I ask.

"Oh I can tell," she smiles. "Luckily Sarah's gay and it sounds like she's already on top of it."

For some reason, I can't help but shake my head. I don't know why, but I don't really like the thought of Sarah and her. Don't get me wrong, Cassie seems nice. She's beautiful, there's no doubt about it. Am I jealous? Why else would I be against it? I can't be jealous. If I was jealous, would that make me gay?

"Well, I've got to get to English class," I say. "I'll see you both at practice."

"Later, Dandi," Cat says.

"Cya, lil sis," Kennedy says as the two walk off hand in hand. God, I wish I could have someone's hand to hold.

--

English Class

Of course, I would have an English class with Danielle and of course, she's not carrying her ball around. I spot Vishay sitting in the back and I take the desk next to hers, on the opposite side of the room from Danielle. Vishay has got her ball. Why is it so hard for Danielle to just do what they ask?

"Hey, I'm glad there's a familiar face in here," I smile.

"Yeah, same," she says.

"Good Morning Class," A woman about as old as my mother walks in with straight brown hair that falls past her shoulders. She sports a pair of high rise white ankle pants that stretch across her thighs. A scarlet blouse pulls the entire outfit together. She's got the most amazing green eyes. "My name is professor Jenna Porter. I don't mind if you call me Jenna. I want this class to be less of a lecture and more of an open discussion. A writing class should be more about discussing each other's work and how to improve it than me just talking."