All Comments on 'Road Mending'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Wang4Wang4over 4 years ago
Thank You

A truly enjoyable story.

Ed

dauberdauberover 4 years ago
Very well written

I always enjoy your stories, but this one is another level higher than most. Being a retired disabled vet, reading occupies much of my time. The pleasure of these stories is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love Stories Set in Previous Times

This is among the best. Very authentic. Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More Please

Excellent story - it really could well be much expanded - all very interesting indeed. Well done!

oggbashanoggbashanover 4 years agoAuthor
Correction to Author's notes:

This part of the Author's Notes has some errors:

"The Old Harbour is assumed to be east of The Sportsman Public House but one actually exists on the edge of Uplees Marshes within The Swale and half a mile east of the Oare Marshes Nature Reserve jetty for the old ferry crossing to Harty."

For 'east' both times, read 'West'. I have assumed that the harbour for 'Roman Hill' was East of Faversham creek but the existing remains are West.

The existing 'old harbour' was used by Royal Navy Coastal Forces during the Second World War. In US terms think as a small base for PT boats. There is evidence that the Romans had a small harbour close to the A2 West of Ospringe but it has been dry land for over one thousand years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Permission to Disagree

but this report of the bettering of an estate is about as romantic as a phone book. Not even the way William and Aline are brought together resembles a love story in the least. This could be a wonderful story (and a lot has been put into it), if the estate and its improvements were pushed to the background and the relation between people would be developed.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
A good story but if more detailed it would be even better.

The reason you are one of my favourite authors is that you write such believable stories. This one however is too short, and moves too quickly. Iy has the makings of a wonderful novel and, in my view, a commercial success across the UK and the USA.

I feel that it is set in the late 18th century, the characters are well defined but I would like to know about them. Did Amelie and William have children ? (a romantic would expect it), what was the name of the publican, her new husband and the pub?

Well done but I would dearly like to read more.

WilCox49WilCox49over 4 years ago
Very nice, but . . .

Um. I agree with most of the comments (so far). The story of bringing the estate up to date and profitability—ongoing for the foreseeable future—is interesting, even compelling reading. Like many of your more recent efforts, it feels a bit rushed, but the details you give are solid enough to make me overlook that. And you've posted some of the reasons for that, and they're hard to get around. You have my best wishes and prayers.

I half agree with what anonymous 10/15/19 "Permission to Disagree". It's not that the estate improvements should be "pushed to the background", it's that the romance seems kind of pasted on as an afterthought. I too would have liked to see that actually developed, even though it would have made the story twice as long.

Well, you wrote what you wrote, and it's very enjoyable as it stands. Once again, thank you for writing.

-- Wil Cox

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 minus this time

Thoroughly agree with AnnaValley11 's comments. I gave it 5 stars a) cause it's the first period story set about 2 centuries ago that I actually finished reading, b) cause it's an Ogg story. However the bench mark for all stories on this site for me is Halloween Viking and it's no where near that level.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Fascinating shift of Literotica topics! Good job. Felt more like a Gabaldon theme which I truly enjoy. It takes work to develop a good historical basis, and you've started with this theme story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Romance?

Whilst I enjoyed the story and liked the historical setting I think it's a stretch to call it a romance. The main protagonist seemed so into the developing of the estate he only had barely a paragraph dedicated to speaking about amelie and that was just twice having Cecilia saying she wants him! Not voting as I think it was more a non erotic story than a romance but did enjoy it in some ways.

rlh100rlh100over 3 years ago

An interesting window into the issues facing a small landholder in England in the 1700's. This is my favorite of your stories.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A well told story. I love it. AAAA++++

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What an interesting story, this type of historical story is not usually found here on Literotica. 5/5

6King6King4 months ago

Romance? What was romantic about this? Was there even a kiss in this story? Pretty sure the guy was dissed by the woman he thought would be a match to marry, then she ordered him to propose to someone he barely knew. At least in a Hallmark movie they kiss after their vows at the altar.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1526 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...