Road Trip to Remember Ch. 01

Story Info
Unexpected events can really lead to unexpected situations.
9.3k words
4.65
37.6k
58

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/09/2023
Created 09/24/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Introduction: After Luke's grandmother Kathy sells her home, he's given the task of helping her drive her car to his family hometown.

CHAPTER 1: INTRO

FEBRUARY 2021

"Are you kidding me?? Just come home already!!" Luke screams angrily into his phone as he pulls into the driveway of his house.

"I don't care if you're a High-Risk! You're already vaccinated!! Just come home Sara!"

...............

"FINE!! Stay in Denver! WHO GIVES A FUCK that we haven't seen each other in a YEAR!!" He screams into his phone before hanging up angrily.

Without much luck in winning his argument, Luke ends the call in utter frustration. He has had enough! Ever since the start of the pandemic, his fiancé Sara has been away from home dealing with COVID patients at a major hospital up in Denver as a volunteer nurse due to the overwhelming amount of cases throughout the state. The local hospital where she worked at in Colorado Springs looked for voluntary Paramedics, RNs, and Doctors willing to travel to Denver to deal with the surge of cases during the spring and summer of 2020. Luke was initially supportive of his fiancé Sara's decision to be a volunteer RN in the COVID ward at the hospital. He's grateful for her time and service doing her best to save as many lives as possible.

Unfortunately, with her heroic service came the cost of damaging the relationship between them. Due to the nature of the job, Sara was not comfortable coming back home to him or her family. With people dying everyday from the deadly virus right before her eyes, she developed a sense of paranoia that she could accidentally transmit the virus to her loved ones. For months, Luke tried to convince her to come home on her limited days off for a visit. He reminds her that she must do frequent tests and show a negative result in order for her to report for duty. She does all the necessary precautions with washing her hands, social distancing, and wearing face masks. She stays in quarantine with several colleagues from her hospital, sharing a temporary apartment lease up in Denver. Sara had even received her vaccine in the early stages of the mass distribution due to the nature of her job! Luke reminds her of all of these things, yet she still lives in fear. Sara has not left Denver to visit home in Colorado Springs since the spring!

In present day early 2021, Luke and Sara have made things work through phone calls, FaceTime, and texting. They were supposed to get married in the fall of 2020 but had to put their wedding on an indefinite hold due to the pandemic. Luke and Sara have been in a tough spot for most of her time spent up in Denver. There has been a lot of stress, arguments, and sadness between the both of them. The only reason they've stayed together is because they know the issues are because of not being physically together. They both hang on to the hope that things will get better in the near future.

Luke steps out of his car after returning home from work. Around the start of the pandemic, his apartment lease ended and he made the tough decision to return back to his family home to save money. Being in his mid-twenties, he had already moved out and lived on his own at the start of his college years. Luke is a personal trainer and a fitness coach but got laid off after his gym was shut down once most businesses went into lockdown. He found a temporary job working for a parcel delivery company. The money is good but it's not what he ever envisioned himself doing. The one thing that helps him get through each difficult day is the fact that he knows he's not alone. Many others just like him had to make tough decisions and sacrifices to make ends meet. It was just the nature of dealing with a worldwide crisis. Luke makes his way inside the house where his parents are seated in the dining room, waiting for him to commence dinner.

"Hey sweetie! How was work?" Luke's mother Lisa asks.

"Same old, same old. Just really annoyed right now ma," he replies.

"Did you talk to Sara?"

"Yeah."

"She's still scared to come home huh?" Luke's father Henry asks him.

"Yup. Even though she's already vaccinated and stays in quarantine when not at the hospital. It's insane! She's less than a two hour drive away from here and we haven't seen each other in almost a year!" Luke says angrily.

Both of Luke's parents try to calm him down and reassure him that things are going to get better, sooner than later. Luke can only hope for the best. After dinner, Luke heads up to his bedroom to undress and wind down. He takes a long, hot shower and gets out feeling refreshed and in a better mood. That is until he takes a good look at himself in the mirror. Being a personal trainer, he always admired his athletic body. Broad shoulders, big chest, clean cut abs. After the lockdown though, he slacked off and lost progress. He fell into a depressive state, coming home too tired from his temporary job to even do an at home workout. He gained some weight from having too many cheat days each week, eating his favorite comfort foods. When he did workout at home, he struggled to do some of the same routines he could easily do at the gym when he was training others. Luke could see his lost progress in the mirror with his abs no longer visible. He isn't fat or out of shape. He now just has an average looking fit body. A body he feels no longer fits the look of a bodybuilder. To take his mind off his low self image, Luke heads downstairs to the living room. Since he moved back home to his parent's house, they all have a tradition of binge watching shows on a streaming service. Sure enough, his dad has the remote with the television set up on the main menu. His mom is in the kitchen prepping some popcorn in the microwave.

"Just in time!" Henry says with a chuckle.

"Wait for me!" Lisa shouts from the kitchen. The family watches a few episodes of a crime thriller series they're all heavily invested in. Just as Henry shuts off the television, Lisa's phone rings.

"Hello?.......... Hey momma!" Lisa says, speaking to her mother Kathy over the phone.

Luke is reminded almost immediately that he's flying over the weekend to California to help his grandmother Kathy move out to his hometown in Colorado. After living more than five years alone since her husband passed away, Kathy and Lisa decided it would be best for her to move to Colorado Springs to be close to the family. Originally, Luke's grandmother was supposed to move out to Colorado last Spring. Due to the pandemic, Luke's family told her to hold off and stay in quarantine for her safety. It was only after Kathy was able to receive her vaccine that her daughter Lisa helped her put her home on the market about a month prior. After a few weeks, Kathy had a buyer and sold her home. The plan is for Luke to fly over to California to pick up his grandmother and drive the entire weekend back to his home in Colorado. Kathy will live with the family temporarily as they find her a small home in a retirement-friendly neighborhood. Kathy had a moving company come and pack up all her belongings for her. Most of her belongings would go into storage until she's ready to move into her new home. All Luke needs to do is help her drive her car on the long road trip from Sacramento to Colorado Springs.

Luke agreed to help his grandmother out after his parents had asked him to. How could he say no? His parents have been a tremendous blessing on him since he's moved back home. He doesn't pay any rent. All his parents ask is for him to pay for groceries. As an only child, Luke has been spoiled all of his life with his parents supporting him in any way possible. The least he could do is show his gratitude for their love and support by helping them with anything they needed. Luke actually looked forward to his road trip with his grandmother. It would be a nice scenic drive crossing the country through some beautiful states. He also has not seen his grandmother Kathy in over a year since before the pandemic. He missed having her over for the holidays and visiting her whenever he could. After Luke's mother hangs up the phone, she looks over to him.

"Your grandma says hello and she can't wait to see you this weekend. She'll be at the airport on Friday afternoon when you land," Lisa says.

"Sounds good ma!" Luke replies. He excuses himself and heads up to his room to get some rest. He has work early in the morning.

CHAPTER 2: KATHY

The rest of Luke's work week breezes by to his surprise. With a 10-hour Monday thru Thursday schedule, he enjoyed the perk of having three day weekends off to himself. On Friday morning, his father Henry drove him to the airport. Luke has a quick flight up to Denver to connect onto his next flight for Sacramento. He briefly thought about reaching out to his fiancé to let her know he was in town, even though it was just for a short hour. He decided against it, knowing she was busy at the hospital. He was also still upset with her. Over the last few days, the talking over the phone with her had been minimal. Mostly just some texts from her apologizing about not being ready to come home. Luke gets to his gate for his next flight. The plane isn't full and he gets a comfortable row all to himself.

After a couple of hours in the air, Luke lands in the West Coast just before noon. It's a relatively small airport and he's able to find the arrivals area quickly. His grandmother Kathy sent him a text in the air informing him where she parked. Luke finds her silver SUV parked along the curb and makes his way over. Kathy sees him coming from her rearview mirror and steps out of her vehicle joyfully, anxious to greet her grandson.

"Look at you darling! How are you?!" Kathy says to Luke with a warm embrace.

"Hey grandma! So happy to see you! It's been too long!" He says, holding onto her. Kathy's large breasts are imprisoned, pressed tight against Luke's chest. He inhales and smells her sweet fragrance as she lets go and gives him a bright smile.

"Let's get going! You must be starving!" She says as her grandson puts his luggage in the trunk of her vehicle.

Kathy and Luke pull out of the airport and drive to her house. They catch up on their lives over the last year. Luke tells his grandmother about getting laid off from work, his issues with his fiancé, and the stress he's been going through. Kathy tells him about the recent selling of her home and the stress of packing and how relieved she is to finally leave California to be close to the family. After the short drive over to the house, Luke and his grandmother head inside to the kitchen. The house is vacant except for her belongings she'll take with her on the road.

"The movers finished packing last night and should be en route to Colorado. I bought you some takeout from down the street at the local deli. You'll love it!"

"Thanks grandma! I'll eat fast so we can hit the road as soon as possible!" Luke says. The plan for the day is to drive from Sacramento to Wyoming. At least a 10-12 hour drive. Luke is more than ready for it as he got plenty of rest the night before and on the plane. He wanted to get most of the drive to Colorado done on the first day so the second day would be much shorter and easier. Luke eats his food and helps his grandmother pack up her belongings into her SUV. They hit the road soon after, leaving behind her Cali home for good.

CHAPTER 3: On the Road

It's a beautiful drive on the interstate. Luke and Kathy stopped briefly for gas just before the Nevada border. They continue along the scenic route of I-80 heading east.

"What a lovely day!" Kathy says taking in the views of the valleys and mountains in the distance. The goal is to cross the Wyoming border by midnight, local time. Luke and Kathy enjoy the drive, making small talk every now and then. He gets a phone call from his fiancé Sara after her shift ends at work. She's happy to hear that he's on the road with his grandmother and that she's moving to Colorado to be with the family. The call lasts only a few minutes and contains the usual updates of how things are going and how she doesn't know when she'll feel safe to leave Denver and come back home. Luke hangs up with a disappointed sigh.

"Still not comfortable coming home is she?" Kathy asks her grandson.

"No. She's not. And now she's scared even more now that you're coming to live with us because of your age. She already knows you were vaccinated just like her. But what can I do? Sara has always been stubborn," Luke says feeling defeated. Kathy reaches her hand over and rubs Luke's leg as he drives.

"Things are going to get better! You'll see! This pandemic is coming to an end and vaccines are being rolled out! It's only a matter of time before Sara comes back and you both will have your long awaited wedding! It'll be beautiful! I can't wait for that day to come!" Kathy tells Luke with a burst of optimism. Luke shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders with a grunt. He's over the pandemic, his stubborn fiancé, and most of all feeling sexually frustrated. His grandmother must know how to read minds as her next question throws him off guard.

"Forgive me for asking but are you tired from the excessive masturbation?" Kathy asks looking at her grandson. Luke swerves the vehicle, almost merging onto the next lane when he hears her.

"GRANDMA!! What the hell?!"

"I'm sorry Luke! I just had to ask! I'm just being nosy. We're both adults here. We can have an adult conversation on a long road trip, can we?"Kathy says nonchalantly. Luke thinks about it for a moment and realizes she has a point. He trusts his grandmother and he'd rather have uncomfortable conversations about his sex life with her instead of his parents.

"I guess you're right grandma. You just threw me off! Never really thought I'd have these kind of talks with you," Luke says.

"Why not? Like I said my darling, we're both adults. And we have hours to go before we stop for the night. Might as well keep things interesting. I'm being nosy and I'm absolutely curious to know! I want to know how you've been sexually dormant since Sara hasn't been home in almost a year!" Kathy tells him.

Luke actually laughs when his grandmother talks about being curious about his sex life. He figured what the hell? Might as well talk to her about one of the many dilemmas in his life at the moment. Kathy was on point about his excessive masturbation. Luke spent countless hours each week watching porn and jerking himself off for the sake of temporary pleasure. He jerked off to take away some of the stress in his life and to fill the void of his fiancée's absence. He missed having her around. The sex was great between them. She loved to suck him off and dress in kinky outfits for him. Luke would jerk off thinking about the times they had sex while she wore kinky clothes. She loves to ride his cock. It was her favorite position. One thing that helped make up for her absence is the fact that she'd send her him sexy photos and nudes on her days off when she could. She would send pictures in uniform after work and promised Luke that the first thing she'd do when she gets back from Denver is to role play at a hotel with a nurse and patient scenario. The hope of seeing her soon and the constant masturbation is what has helped Luke stay committed to her even from a distance. He spends time on the road talking to his grandmother about all of this without a feeling of discomfort. Kathy sits in silence listening attentively to her grandson. After he brings her up to speed on his sex life, she continues the conversation with follow up questions.

"So have you ever been tempted to find sexual pleasure elsewhere?" She asks casually.

"What do you mean grandma?"

"Well it sounds like you've been managing your sexual urges the best that you can given your circumstance. But is it enough to just masturbate and wait for Sara to come home?"Kathy asks. Luke thinks about her question for a moment to find the appropriate response.

"I mean, of course I've been tempted to sneak around. I have several clients in my contacts that flirted with me big time when I was training them before the gyms closed. I also have a sexy supervisor at my job now who's a single mother and likes my content on my fitness page on social media and sends me suggestive private messages. It'd be easy to cheat.

But I still love Sara. And I'd hope she's just as loyal to me as I am to her. I've thought about cheating many times, especially after major arguments with her over the phone begging her to come back home already. I don't know. It's a weird feeling. I'm not comfortable with cheating on her but at the same time, I know I am more than capable of it. Anybody is. I guess I've just been fortunate so far that I haven't reached my breaking point," Luke tells Kathy. She nods her head and stares ahead looking at each mile marker sign they pass on the freeway.

"Have you talked to Sara about opening up your relationship? Maybe seeing other people while you're both away from each other for such a long period of time?"

"I've thought about bringing it up to her. There was a time though a few months after Sara left when she got drunk and cried over the phone thinking that I would leave her. She said if I did, she would understand. I comforted her and told her we wouldn't ever get to that point. I decided against bringing up the subject since I doubt we'd both be on the same page.

Gosh grandma! You really are nosy!" Luke tells her finishing with a chuckle.

"Well of course I am! I just had to know how you've managed to go this long without intimacy with your fiancé," Kathy replies with a smile.

"Well now you have me wondering grandma! Have you had any relationships or sexual encounters since grandpa passed?"

"Oh boy! That's a conversation for another day my darling!" Kathy tells him with abrupt laughter.

"Wow! I see how it is! We can talk about me but not you huh?" Luke says playfully. Kathy follows up with a promise to continue on with the conversation another day. Possibly the next day on the road.

CHAPTER 4: SALT LAKE CITY

As dusk settles over the Great Salt Lake Desert, Luke and Kathy continue their drive through the state of Utah. Luke has received multiple winter weather advisories on his phone. He knew there'd be a risk of winter weather this time of year on the road. He was comfortable though driving on the interstate where the roads should be salted and visibility clear. His grandmother Kathy was not so confident. Being a west coast gal in Cali for so long, she's not used to the snow. And she wasn't equipped with warm clothes either, wearing a long sleeve burgundy blouse and a comfortable pair of jeans. Luke is glad he brought an extra coat with him in his luggage just in case. His grandmother will definitely need it once they stop for the evening. As nightfall surrounds the sky, Luke is lost in his own thoughts. He is awake by himself as Kathy naps next to him in the passenger seat. Nothing but his wondering mind keeps him alert driving on the interstate. He passes a large sign with the mileage to Salt Lake City, about 65 miles away. His phone vibrates and he looks at it.

"WINTER ADVISORY SALT LAKE COUNTY: HEAVY AMOUNTS OF SNOW/ICE EXPECTED. USE CAUTION ON ALL ROADS. STAY INDOORS IF POSSIBLE.

EFFECTIVE 11PM-7:30AM MDT."

Just what I need!

Luke thinks to himself. He still has his goal of crossing into Wyoming sometime after midnight. But the winter advisory in the Salt Lake City area starts at 11PM. The Wyoming border was at least a good 80-90 miles away after the city. Luke began to mentally prepare himself for alternative options, such as finding a place to spend the night in Salt Lake City instead of Wyoming.

As the miles to Salt Lake decrease, Luke stays lost in his thoughts. He thinks about his grandmother Kathy of all things. She lies asleep next to him. Luke had never thought about his grandmother in any kind of sexual way. That is until she began to ask questions earlier about his sex life. Why would she do that? And why was he comfortable talking to her about it? This is the same woman who helped raise him. Luke has fond memories of both his grandparents coming to Colorado to visit. Especially Kathy. She would babysit him while his parents worked, took him on errands, and baked him his favorite cookies, peanut butter-chocolate chip. Luke stares occasionally at his grandmother, looking down at her body when she's visible in the freeway lights, illuminating through the windshield of the vehicle. Kathy's blouse is burgundy with buttons. The top two are unbuttoned, showing off her tanned cleavage and exposing the material of her black bra. Luke always thought of his grandma Kathy as a beautiful woman, especially back in her day. He never would have imagined he'd see her in a different perspective. She went from just his beautiful grandmother to a sexy cougar in a span of a few hours.