Rockhound Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was just before dark when I saw a parade of vehicles coming down from the mountainside from the veranda. Twenty minutes later Dad and Brett walked in the door and joined us on the veranda. We talked about what had transpired on the mountain and Dad revealed a special team would assemble at the mine tomorrow to retrieve the human remains and take them to the medical examiner's office. It would take a while as the mine would be treated as a crime scene. It was almost ten o'clock and Brett indicated he should probably head for home.

"Brett, why don't you stay in our guest room tonight, it's not being used, and it will save you from having to drive all the way home as tired as you must be."

Before Brett could even answer my mother piped up, "Samantha, check the guest bedroom and make sure nothing is sitting on the bed that needs to be moved before it can be used. Then come out and help me make a sandwich or two for Brett, I'm sure he must be hungry by now."

I looked to Brett; he smiled knowing there wasn't a good reason to refuse the offer.

"Thank you for the offer, it does make sense. I'll go get my stuff out of the truck."

This time, I decided not to be standoffish and show him I wanted him to stay. "I'll get your bed ready, and I'll see you in a few minutes."

I was standing in the guest bedroom when Brett came back in, placing his duffel bag on the bed. I mentioned I needed to feed Jenny and would be back in a few minutes. He elected to go with me and we left to walk to the shed and pen after he got something out of his truck. The hay for Jenny was stored separately from that for the horses so I opened the gate after pulling a bale of hay out. Brett picked the bale up without my asking and I found myself biting my lip. I was capable of doing it myself and didn't need help—I had been doing this for more years than I could remember.

We closed the gate behind us and watched as Jenny looked our way as she stood near the horses at the fence they shared. Once she recognized we had food she began walking towards us with steady strides and soon stood a few away looking at us. Jenny directed her gaze towards Brett as I proceeded to break the bale apart to place into her feed trough. When I looked up I saw Brett was feeding her apple slices—no wonder Jenny liked him!

We were standing watching Jenny as she began to eat her hay, then she stopped and backed up a few steps and stood there looking at us. I wasn't sure what the problem was—she was used to having someone near her when she ate as I often puttered around putting down fresh straw bedding into her pen. Then she stepped towards me and placed her muzzle against my upper arm and pushed me towards Brett. When she stopped the pressure I stepped to her and rubbed her muzzle and told her she was a good girl. Then she repeated the motion, pushing me toward Brett. I stood still wondering what it was she was about, she had never done anything like this before. Then she took a step toward Brett and did the same thing, this time pushing him closer to me until we were almost touching.

I was mystified by her behavior. Mules are known for their intelligence, but this was so very different for her. Then she took a step back and just looked at me for a few seconds, then she took her head slightly then placed her muzzle gently next to my arm and gave a quick, hard, nudge that took me off balance, resulting in Brett reaching out to steady me, his arm came behind my back. Jenny stepped back and looked for a few seconds, seemingly satisfied, and took a few steps and began to eat her hay.

I looked at Brett and laughed. "What was in that apple you gave her? I have never seen her like this."

He laughed, "Maybe she's trying to tell you something."

Brett still had his arm around my back, his hand on my shoulder as I noticed it for the first time—it felt good, real good. I felt his arm come away from my shoulder, then his hand came to mine, taking it into his. I felt a warm rush and decided I wouldn't fight something that felt so good. We stood watching Jenny for a few minutes hand in hand until I gave a tug indicating it was time to leave. I felt a little self-conscious having my hand in his for the first time signaled something deeper between us.

We walked to the gate and I opened it, then locked it, then placed my hand in Brett's as we walked silently back to the house. My mind was reeling, I wanted this and yet found myself fighting the idea it would lead to something more—I had been here before and it hadn't ever worked out. It seemed silly as we hadn't even kissed yet, though we could have if I hadn't pulled myself away at the time—the memory telling me I had been a coward, afraid of being vulnerable again.

We entered the house together and joined my parents watching the local TV eight o'clock news. I was sitting on the sofa near Brett when a late-breaking story about remains being found in a mine on a local ranch was announced, details to follow at the eleven o'clock news. My father looked at Brett and me with a frown.

"I hope the two of you are ready for tomorrow, all hell is going to break loose when this gets out and reporters will be here asking questions. You know the neighbors will be calling as soon as they know it was our ranch."

It was then I realized how serious it could have been if both of us had died while exploring that mine, then it struck me—Brett may have saved my life. Neither one of us had acknowledged it, nor was I sure Brett had said anything to my parents to avoid alarming them.

"I guess that means we should get a good night's sleep, guess I'll turn in. Good night Mom, Dad, Brett." Then, looking at Brett, "Are you going to go to bed?" trying to signal I wanted to talk to him in private.

"I suppose that makes sense. Good night Mr. and Mrs. Adams, see you in the morning."

I led the way to the guest bedroom and once inside, I closed the door behind us and turned to Brett with a serious expression on my face. "Did you tell the deputy you saved my life?"

"No, why would I do that? I'm not sure I did. But even so, it wouldn't matter. Some things are better left unsaid. You're safe and that's all that really matters."

I looked at him and saw an expression of emotion I couldn't quite read. Different from what I had ever seen before while we were together. "Brett, what is it you're not telling me?"

"Samantha, you were out for almost three minutes and I wasn't sure you were going to make it."

I looked at him, not quite understanding. "Why would I have been affected but not you? It doesn't make sense. I was out that long?"

"Yes, you were out that long, maybe a minute longer. Samantha our physiologies are different, you're smaller in stature with smaller lungs that would be affected sooner than mine. You were insistent on going farther and wouldn't listen to me and started to breathe faster because you didn't understand why I wanted to turn around. I almost lost you."

I saw the expression on his face, pained and tortured. Then, I understood, it would have been more than losing a Rockhound buddy—it would have been me, stupid dumbass, stubborn me. That was why he had held my hand after Jenny pushed us together. My god! Even a mule was able to see what I hadn't until this instant."

Brett walked to me and took me into his arms. I realized it was time to listen to my instincts, my feelings, and not turn them away as I had been doing for weeks. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him, feeling his strong arms pull me in, his warmth, his manly scent. When I stepped out of his embrace I looked up into his face and saw his eyes soft, tender, gazing into mine. This time I didn't hold back, when our lips met I pushed onto them, tasting him as my mind went soft, hazy, with the sensation of his overpowering presence and passion. When I felt him release me I knew there was no turning back for me now, I lay back onto his chest and felt his hands on my hips and hold me. I looked up at him with a shy smile, "You just kissed me!" as if I were surprised.

"Yes, I did, and if you stay any longer in this room it's going to go a whole lot farther. I don't think you want your parents to see what I would do."

All manner of images entered my mind, all of them something I would rather not have my parents know I had engaged in, at least not in this room. I looked at Brett, then said softly, "I have no idea as to what that might be."

He smiled, then brought his mouth to my ear and whispered words to me that made me squirm as I processed their meaning—when he stopped whispering his lips came to my neck, kissing a steady trail of affection that sent warm pulses throughout my body. Then his mouth uttered a few more words and my eyes went wide in amazement. "You wouldn't, not here!"

"Yes, I would and will unless you leave right now."

I looked at him and said firmly as I moved to lock the door, "I'm not leaving."

It was well after midnight as I tip-toed across the hall and slipped into my own room and into bed, knowing I was looking forward to what we would do once we were really alone. Having a man give me that much pleasure with his lips and hands was beyond my experience. I found myself doing something I had never done before and now knew I would gladly do again—he had tasted good and was circumcised; the first I had ever seen as all of my previous boyfriends were not.

The next morning we all ate breakfast together and as Brett and I sat next to one another I felt so incredibly different and I couldn't resist using my stocking-clad foot to nudge his foot a few times. My mother gave me a sly look after the second time Brett looked at me with a smile knowing something was different.

It wasn't long before the first truck arrived with a TV news crew. Dad wanted as little to do with them as possible, so Brett and I decided on specific talking points and stuck to them as we answered their questions. By ten o'clock it was over, they had what they needed for the noon and evening news broadcasts and we had avoided telling them details we didn't want to be revealed about how close it had been for me.

We had lunch with my parents and then went for a short walk to talk and to...do other things we found enjoyable. He was a great kisser and I took every opportunity to enjoy them. It was Sunday so I told him I wanted to see his apartment—we both knew what that really meant. When I told him I would pack an overnight bag it left no doubt as to what I expected to happen. We walked back into the house, and when my mother and I were alone, I told her I was going to pack an overnight bag and that I may not be back until sometime tomorrow.

She didn't even look surprised and I felt I was missing something obvious—which made me a little nervous. There was no doubt that if I stayed overnight I wasn't going just to listen to music and watch TV. Maybe she had noticed I had quickly stripped the bed and washed the linens before we walked out to see them for breakfast. That had telegraphed we had not gone to sleep right away after we bade them goodnight.

Two hours later I walked into Brett's apartment on the far side of town in a relatively new housing development. The living room and kitchen were combined into one large room, with a hallway leading to two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a laundry/storage room. Brett led me into the bedroom where I placed my bag on the bed and appreciated the fact the room and bed appeared clean and fresh. We walked back into the hall where Brett took my hand with a smile and opened a door, letting it swing open to reveal the inside—I took a deep breath as I saw what it contained. I loved it!

I stepped inside with awe, the walls were lined with glass-fronted cabinets from floor to just below the ceiling filled with minerals and fossils beautifully displayed. I wandered around the room, it was like one of the better museum exhibits I had seen years ago. I looked at Brett with a broad smile, "It's beautiful, I had no idea a private collection could be this well organized and displayed.

"Thanks, but there's more."

"More! Brett, how could there be more?"

He took several steps toward one of the cabinets and flipped a small paddle switch turning on lights inside the display. I thought it was a nice touch and was about to tell him so when the room light went out over my head and a different glow appeared. It really was neat as black lights lit the cabinet, the crystals and minerals sparkled and glowed as I stood slack-jawed as Brett took my hand.

"Do you like it?"

"Oh, Brett, it's so beautiful, you designed all of this?"

"Hey! Don't sound so surprised," he laughed.

"Brett, I'm not as surprised as I am impressed."

"Nice save," he chuckled.

I moved to him and gave him a kiss full on the lips. He smiled and said, "Now, for the storage and workspace."

The lights came back on and he drew my attention to a large wooden the middle of the room. There were large tray drawers for holding specimens below the table top. He pulled out two trays filled with some of the best fossil fishes I had seen in a long while—not a single specimen was of mid-grade, all of which were excellent examples. My impressions of him as a serious collector were fully realized at that moment as I understood how skilled he was in not only collecting but in his depth of knowledge. I think I was almost drooling while I looked over the trays.

He nudged me with his arm and laughed, "You can sleep in here tonight if you want."

I knew my decision to spend the night with Brett was not based upon sleeping well. My mind flashed back to the bed of a pickup truck where I lay on my back upon two saddle blankets. My first time had been a little rough, awkward, and wonderful all at the same time—first on the bottom jack-hammered with my boyfriend's cock, then on top as I rode him hard as hell as if to pay him back for the first time. It hadn't been a fantastic circus of pleasure, but it had been pleasurable enough that it was worth doing again.

Two more boyfriends, then Ted, where it was usually more gentle, much more frequent, and after my first full-blown orgasm after three months with him, my first ever, definitely the best thing in the world to do with a man when I was in the mood. I was in love and after a while, I found he wasn't, at least not with me, as I learned of his infidelity.

I heard my name, then came into the moment looking Brett in the eye, knowing I was going to set the time when I would allow him to gain his pleasure from me. I would be in control knowing there were other pleasures he could provide now—his lips and tongue dancing across my breasts, my neck, and down to the treasured bush and lips between my legs. It was then when I looked into his eyes and saw how tender and caring they were and felt a change. I understood I wasn't in control, that I was in trouble, deep trouble. His eyes expressed a passion, an urgency, a sense of need I knew was beyond my control, and his. Yes, I knew at that moment I would struggle for control and lose, but I would struggle nevertheless to show I was a woman to be reckoned with while on my feet and on my back.

I followed as he took my hand and led me into the bedroom and watched as he took my overnight bag off the bed, placing it on the floor, then he turned and reached for the button on my blouse and saw it come open. I summoned my lips to tell him no, that we would wait until later to show my independence, my strong will—but the words simply did not come as I tried to see them in my mind.

I stood wanting to grasp his hand to stop the other buttons from coming undone, but couldn't—the words to command him to stop failed to materialize. Then I felt the clasp of my bra come loose, my bra slip off my shoulders, down my arms, and fall to the floor. I gazed down to see my bare breasts in their full glory exposed and his hands come to cup them, lift them, then his lips kiss them. I closed my eyes as the once small warm glow spread, grew hot, and then I felt my juices flow as a small ache appeared. I felt a tug of the button on my jeans, then heard the sound of my zipper, then the rush of cool air as my pelvis and legs were exposed. I simply stood and watched as my feet stepped out my jeans lying at my feet. Then, I watched in rapt attention as he revealed his body to me, each piece of his clothing on the floor next to my own as if they were matched by magic, meant to be just that way. I took a deep breath, there were no words to repel his desire for me and none to repel my need for him.

I wasn't in control as his hand came to cover my pussy outside my panties, pressing firmly, rubbing, causing my body to shudder in response. I wasn't in control as my panties fell to the floor, followed by his briefs as they came to lay on top of them. I wasn't in control as I lay down onto the bed, spread my legs, waiting for him to appear above me. My struggle was not to stop him—my struggle was to stop myself from turning on him, forcing him onto his back as I straddled him, from grasping his condom clad member and pushing it deep inside as I sunk down onto him. This wasn't the struggle I had envisioned—the one I had imagined had me holding off his passion, of dominating him with my feminine body and strong will.

I lost the struggle as I felt him push into me several times and fill me with warm elongated pleasure that produced a pleasant stretched feeling. I had lost, but knew I was about to win as his first strong thrusts brought pleasure. I closed my eyes, placed my hands on his back, and let him take me in his own way, a victim of his lust and my need.

Less than ten minutes later as I lay gasping beneath him I knew my struggle would never manifest itself again in quite the same way—I was his to have, as his love had conquered me without my knowing it. I was stubborn and yes, sometimes slow to learn, and as I lay wrapped in his embrace I knew the lesson only needed to be presented once—after all, I wasn't as stupid as a mule. I laughed to myself—Jenny would be proud.

Afterward, we got up and prepared for supper and a movie after cleaning up and finding a place for my belongings. The restaurant was a new one for both of us and it was divine, the ambiance suiting both of us and a menu that treated us with respect. It was different this time from the first time with other men when we ate afterward—I had always felt the sex was being paid for by the meal I was eating. This time I felt it was an extension of our lovemaking, another pleasure to be shared with one another. A memory to be made and treasured between us. The movie found us cuddling together, touching occasionally, a little kiss on the cheek. The affection that I knew was genuine and meant honestly expressing how he felt.

After our return to his apartment, we spent time looking over his collection, each specimen had a story that went with it. When we came to a splendid white calcite crystal with a rosette form that held the center stage in one of the cabinets—I recognized it immediately. I knew it wasn't the best example in the case to hold the position it held under the black light, but there it was. When I asked why he looked at me with almost a bashful expression. "That's when I decided I was going to marry you someday."

I looked at him in disbelief, "Marry me? You couldn't know that, we hadn't even dated yet."

Then as I watched, he pulled a small cloth out of his pocket and opened it up. I gasped as an object sparkled in the light, it was a diamond set in a beautiful ring of white gold. When I looked up into his eyes they were sparkling, his face soft, tender, with a grin. "Samantha Adams, will you marry me? If you do you can add this to your collection"

That night was unlike any other in my entire life. I stumbled around for words, but the correct one came out—that is, if a shrieked yes has any value. Which it must have as he slipped the ring onto my finger. The next morning found me in his arms fully satisfied in so many ways—restful sleep would not be counted among them.