Rocky Raccoon Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I thought it laudable and my travels had taught me the terrain would have to be almost perfect to make it workable. Still, if he could get past that...

Most surprising of all was Marie showing up on the arm of DuPree. I looked at Pierre and he grinned. "Monique and I thought it would be a good idea for him to learn the ways of women, and who better to teach him? He's almost nineteen now, but not very experienced. It will prepare him for the French and their ways."

She smiled prettily at me as I kissed her hand, the fingers of her other hand gently touching the pearl choker she wore.

*****

I was saddled up and ready to go right after breakfast. Aunt Aggie hugged me while showering my cheek with kisses. "If I did not have your brother, I would not let you go. You must return as often as possible. Promise me!"

I did, knowing I could never live there full time. Their ways were strange to me, customs and situations being handed down for generations, intrigues and rumors abounding. I said as much to Gaston the night before as we had one last drink in his library. "You are right, mon ami. You would never fit in here. I don't doubt that you could intrigue with the best of us, but it is not your style. You are a product of the West: honest and direct and without a lot of nuances."

I asked him to give a letter to Marie and he smiled. "I will see she gets it."

I couldn't help but ask how he knew her. He sat for a minute; his eyes clouded with pain. "I have told no one this before. I suspect that Marie Delacriox may be my granddaughter. Believe me when I tell you that if I had the slightest inkling of the hell she went through I would have stopped it. Her grandmother served at our plantation as an apprentice maid, and sparks flew. This was all well before I met Aggie and I've never breathed a word of it to anyone. I was young and foolish and believed I loved her grandmother. I probably did, but for the place and time there was no future. I've often wondered what would have happened if I just ran away with her? But that's just foolish thoughts of a young man from generations ago.

I decided New Orleans was like quicksand. It dragged you down gently until you were stuck and couldn't get out.

I didn't get home right away. I rode back to my village and spent another month with my wives and children. Sometime soon I was going to take them with me, and damn anyone who judged me. Either that or stay in the village, but I knew I'd never do that. Too much world out there.