All Comments on 'Rocky Raccoon Ch. 05'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Another good chapter!

5

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Love this story. Still waiting for the mob bosses of chicago to make their apperance

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
I love this story!

Where men are men, women are women, and, occasionally, might is right. The nuances are very much appreciated. The widely dispersed interpersonal relationships are intriguing, as well.

My only point of confusion is his nonchalant relationship status with Doe Eye, et al. I guess his ex-wife burned that out of him.

The absolute and complete destruction of Dan Bradshaw is a noble cause. Death is almost too good for him, especially if so many want to rip off a piece of his flesh. I'm looking forward to reading that, when it happens.

Very well done. Not too heavy, not too dark, not too philosophical. I especially love the occasional life lessons along the way. You've really put a bit of your feelings into this story, although it's not too apparent.

Thank you for sharing. We certainly don't pay you enough. I appreciate your hard work and sharing!

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

While I am enjoying this story, I can't understand the quantity of spelling errors from a writer of such quality. I hate to even mention it with a writer this good, but a basic spellcheck would have flagged most of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

Great story but you keep dropping clues to a certain military man and threats to the first nations people. I hope that isn't what it might be. By the way, best bumper sticker I ever saw was being sold on a first nations reserve in North Dakota and said "Custer Wore An Arrow Shirt". Thank you for this very entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it !

The man below said it much better so I will just agree.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

A very enjoyable chapter, but the typos are abundant and driving me crazy. A spellchecker would identify most of the typos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great story but...

The numerous bad grammer and mis-spellings do distract the reader

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

Q, I've been waiting a while for you to continue this. I can only say that on every way, it has been worth the wait. Thank you for giving us such a nuanced & in-depth (but still gripping) story. Your westerns are as good as anything you've written (and that's saying a bit) and easily as good as most I've pulled off a shelf. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Got a life

I think that just some of the people that seem to be anonymous wanna pick things apart so they think better about themselves this was just a story somebody wrote just to be enjoy I guess because of my poor education and grammar I was able to get through the story because I knew the intent of what was trying to be said it’s like A movie or years looking to find something deep like the meaning of life and it’s just a movie to maybe make you feel good let it be. I i’ve read a lot of your stories and enjoyed them all and I think you’re a good writer please continue on.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Tough crowd! Readers and commenters I mean. I found it very entertaining and enjoyable. Good story well told as usual from this author. Always know when

I see a new post from qhml1 that I have another well told yarn to look forward to. This series never disappoints.

5 stars

Cheers

SAGE

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
I agree

it's been worth the wait. Great story. Did you say that Randi was editing these chapters? I'm surprised at the errors. It does take something away from the otherwise top quality stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Just found this story, hoping there's going to be lots more to read.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

I'm thoroughly enjoying this yarn. It's a fun, old west tale with some interesting characters and a nicely detailed story line.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationover 3 years ago

This is great fun. There was a bit too much McCartney Lennon script in the first two; made sense to me you let it drop, as you'd exhausted that script. What I love here is YOUR Rocky - not theirs - must have been rattling around in your head and saying "hey!!! Let me out!!! I have a story to tell!!!" To your credit you realized his story wasn't done - and opened that door and let the story flow. And he's not disappointing. Now it's just a pure romp that has a wicked dose of that very fine qhml1 bite. Been a while since I was an English major but I recalled this: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." (William Blake) -

Many thanks.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Enjoying the story, but your writing is terrible. Had to interpret so many mistakes. At least use spell checker.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

I apologise for being demanding, but can we have the rest soon. I've been waiting for you to continue it for so long. Thanks for the new chapters, they were worth the wait, but I'd rather not wait again.😀

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Love your work Q

but these last two chapters were a bit all over the place. I dont know if it is the varied characters and geographies, but I got a bit bored wiht the Mr. Bradshaw piece of the story. The cards, Hannah, M Delacroix, Mr. Dupree, it wasnt tht interesting to me. Much better when you are focused on the Ranch and Mr. McGill's life in the West. Time is passing, and the old west is changing, you are moving into a time when law and order finally came to the west. That is a lot less interesting to me personally. I know it is your story to do as you want, jjust my thoughts fwiw.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Well I Got My Answer

And she isn't his true love - married and 2 kids.

Love the way the story's building and have no concerns over its length nor his journey of learning.

5 stars.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Surprised he didn't bang Cora too!!!

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

So many characters...So much storIES development.

All enmeshed in your usual March to Poetic Justice...(s)...:+)))

Carry on!

robdh51robdh51about 3 years ago
Enjoyable story

I've enjoyed the story to this point. But one thing that always bothers me is when someone gets the facts wrong when writing about firearms. It's so easy to look up why get it wrong. Case in point, the Smith & Wesson Model 2. It was NEVER made in .44 caliber. The Model 2 was chambered in a .32 caliber rim-fire cartridge with a frame that was too small for the bigger calibers. A .44 caliber would have been the much larger and stronger Model 3.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Not everyone is that knowledgeable about fire arms, duh! Great story keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The one thing that always bothers me is when someone pisses and moans about a couple minor details. I can count on one finger the number of people who care! Thanks fergie and thank you Q - great story.

somewhere east of Omaha

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Truly enjoying another of your old west stories. Well done! Finn

JAF1953JAF1953over 2 years ago

I'll definitely finish reading this story, but I can't help thinking he's a slut chasing a slut. I would rate it higher, if he had any morals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

4 tens, then 4 jacks and lastly Royal Straight Flush! How is that possible? There is not 5 tens and 5 jacks among the 52 cards!

ewray321ewray321over 2 years ago

Not much of a husband or father.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent, entertaining and captivating read. Once you start reading, the only way to stop is when you run out of text.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looking for another installment.

It's been a great read so far.

As others have pointed out some details are a bit rubbery.

Likewise his pretence to take the high moral ground along with every female that falls in his bed.

But this is fiction after all.

Please sir, can I have some more?

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m enjoying the story but there are a large number of errors such as Calvary not cavalry, tyring not trying and abother rather than about her. This makes it difficult to read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm still hanging in there, thanks for the tale Q. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES