Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 02

Story Info
Years later, a part-orc general's life gets more complicated.
  • July 2022 monthly contest
41.5k words
4.89
12.2k
26

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 12/26/2023
Created 12/05/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coax_me
coax_me
379 Followers

10 years later,

A chill wind blew through the dark air that stretched in front of them. Faint shadows of treetops rolling like the black waves of an ocean of foothills, were almost all that could be seen in the starlight from the stony outcrop. The Rampart mountains loomed to the east like a grey hulking shore. A silence stretched on through the empty void of night, until it was finally broken by a low orcish voice.

"Roderick Longshaft," Korboq said.

Roderick sighed and shook his head, smiling despite himself. "Why?" He said, looking over at his green friend's dead-serious face that continued to scan the forest from his lookout.

"Because you prefer to fight with a spear, " the orc replied, furrowing his brow at the obviousness of it.

Rod nodded with a grunt of understanding. "...No," he finally said. "I told you Korb, I don't need a-"

"He who thrusts from behind!" Korboq said with a proud smile.

Roderick facepalmed.

"...Because of your tactics as a general. Besting your enemies so thoroughly that you surround them more often than not," Korboq defended. "It's longer too, but not too long. You humans seem to like longer titles, but they're always too wordy. 'Lightbrew' is better, but that's ours. The humans need to get their own."

"I already have a human title."

"Well it... sucks," Korboq said looking over at him flatly. "Did I use that term correctly?"

Rod smirked, "Yeah you're getting the hang of it Korb. But, I disagree. It's more than my parents ever dreamed of for me. 'Roderick of Highquarry, second-rank general of the King of Andralia's army, Thane to the Duke of Fringeland, and interim overseer of the new allied Orcish territories of-"

"You can't yell all of that on a battlefield!" Korboq interrupted. "You'd be skewered before you got halfway through."

Roderick chuckled, "Well that's why I save my breath for better uses. You and the other orcs can keep calling me Lightbrew, as long as you keep the meaning to yourselves, but we humans don't use 'war names' like you do, we have our own ways."

"You said we should learn to share our ways," Korboq said. "Take the best of what each of our people have to offer and make each of us better. It was a damn good speech Lightbrew. I still remember it. You say the orc's fire in battle is their strength. Well, shouting what we fight for, including our leaders, is a large part of that. So, consider it."

Roderick nodded appreciatively, "That's fair. I'll consider it Korb."

Roderick stared off at the black horizon again and the hint of dim glow from the enemy orc's campfires miles away. He knew their number far outweighed his own now, and more serious thoughts filled his mind again.

"I don't think any of my human counterparts are going to get here in time to bail us out of this one," he said with a sigh. "I don't suppose Bilgruk and his clan might miraculously appear out of nowhere and save us?"

Korboq gave a bitter scoff, "His clan is too far west, even if our messengers reached them. Besides, he himself is off to Rutt."

"Right, you told me, but that was two months ago. I thought that only lasted a week or two."

"The Rutt itself yes, but his mate will be pregnant and he will not stray far from their homestead until well after she births. I told you not to keep his troop at his home village for too long, that's what happens when one spends too long with their mate with too little fighting going on."

"Well, I'm happy for him I guess, and honestly it's a good place for them to stay and reinforce in the long term, if it wasn't for our little pickle we got ourselves into."

"Pickles are one of your most delicious foods. I still cannot see why you use that word for something bad."

Roderick laughed, "It's just the way it is," he shook his head and let out a resigned sigh. "Just the way it is... like so many things. I should head back Korb. Thanks for the talk."

"I'll let you know if I think of any other names while I'm out here. Get some rest Lightbrew. We'll need our chief sharp tomorrow," he said with a sharp-toothed smile.

Roderick winced at the word 'chief', "I know we've been over this, but are you really sure you should be calling me y-..." he stopped himself when he saw Korboq's stubborn face, and decided against starting that argument again.

"Goodnight Korb," Rod said with a hand on his shoulder. "Stay sharp. The Springsnake has out-manoeuvred us three times already. We can't afford another surprise like last week."

"My eyes and ears will drink in the night Chief Lightbrew," Korboq said, enunciating the last two words for effect.

Roderick simply nodded and walked carefully down from the rocky outcrop that served as a sentry tower. The others on watch had mostly climbed trees, which was enough of an excuse to only check in on Korboq. Mostly he just wanted to have a relaxed talk with his big green friend. They had known each other for several years now, and in some ways he felt closer to him than his human compatriots. Roderick continued down the slope, looking over the camp of his army that lay spread out below.

Orcs and Humans fighting together in one army. His army. Mixed by his design. He knew he should feel pride at that accomplishment, perhaps more than any of the lands that they had taken or the battles they'd won. If their territory was tenuous though, so too was the mess of a tinderbox that their shared camp seemed sometimes. Brawls were breaking out less often the longer they fought side by side now, he supposed. He'd had to dishonourably discharge two or three of the worst instigators, but after that things had seemed to settle. One year into his station as a general, organizing his army this way from the start, and he'd had no major disasters. He'd take it as a win.

The other generals didn't see eye to eye. They had their Orcish allies fight their battles with them, but still in separate ranks and legions, never camping together. Simply giving orders and then pissing and moaning when the Orcs didn't follow them to a T or give them the respect they 'deserved'. Roderick was fairly sure that despite the growing-pains, his army still had fewer 'self-inflicted' injuries than theirs. Hopefully he'd eventually prove himself to their pompous criticisms.

However, the only thing this particular campaign was proving, so far, was Roderick's fallibility. He was somehow being out-generaled. Out-strategized by the enemy orcs in a way he'd never seen before. That day he had feared had finally come, and there was now an Orcish general that knew something more than brute strength attacks. The one they called Springsnake, who had driven him back limping towards the mountain pass, that would take him out of Orthalian territory altogether. He could make one last stand there, using the narrower approaches to his advantage, but even a win there would leave this campaign as an overall failure. Unfortunately the rumours he'd heard were that the other generals weren't faring much better.

If this was the new standard, then everything might be at risk. The last 10 years of slow steady advantage that they'd won could all come crashing down. They needed peace. Real peace. Not just the fragile year-long armistices and stalemates that had come intermittently over the past few years. Even before this disaster of a campaign, he had thought they should simply keep what they had, and be happy with it. Stabilize it, so it could last.. It was more than they ever had before, after all.

3 years ago, his human kingdom of Andralia had annexed the two southeastern Orthalian territories, just across the mountains of his home province of Fringeland, around the time when Roderick had just been promoted to lieutenant. Technically they had "joined" and the Crown even had the gall to say "liberated" at times, but Roderick knew it was more complicated than that. These Orcs fought bravely for them, sworn against their previous Orcish queen, but they needed to believe they had their own agency, and leaders that understood them. That's were Roderick came in. The clans had agreed to join with the humans, on the condition that Roderick himself would be their go-between with the King. The humans had begrudgingly agreed, not understanding why, chalking it up to his reputation on the battlefield, and his notorious winning of a particular duel, but Roderick knew the more important reason.

His orcish blood was still unknown to all but a small handful of his closest human confidants. It was an open secret among the orcs though. "Lightbrew" they called him, in reference to his diluted blood, that most orcs who spent any significant time around him could eventually detect through smell, even though it comprised only an eighth of him. It was taboo to talk about openly though, and so the orcs never did, other than subtle hints, almost taking pride in helping to keep the fact hidden from his human counterparts. He always wondered what might happen if the secret got out though. He felt like literally any day it might-...

An arrow whizzed past his nose and thudded into the tree to his left.

In an instant he unsheathed his short-sword and spun behind a tree, scanning the black night for the assassin, almost about to shout, when he craned his neck to glance up at the arrow. It was one of their own.

"If I'd wanted to kill you I would have aimed to do so. You should pay more attention General," said a smooth female voice he recognized.

Rod smiled and shook his head, relaxing and standing up straight. "Thankfully orcs don't use assassins, and if they did they'd never be as good as you, Frali,"

Frali stepped out of the shadows, a conceited smile on her narrow, pale face. Her tall fit female body was silhouetted in the moonlight, dressed only in minimal light armour, for moving quietly. Rod's eyes went to her long muscular legs under her leather skirt, wondering if she had hiked it up higher than usual.

"You should be back in the archer's quarters, getting your sleep like the rest," he said with a sly smile as he walked slowly up to her and pressed his sword tip under the light bulge of her breasts.

She swatted it away but as she backed up away from the trail she hooked her bow around his neck to pull him into the shadows towards her mischievous smile. "I couldn't sleep. Decided to go hunting."

He smiled as she walked backwards pulling him gradually closer. "Did you catch what you were after?" he asked with a confident grin.

She squinted and gave a playful frown, "Not sure yet. I was feeling pretty famished. Depends how much it fills me up."

Roderick looked at her big brown eyes glowing in the dim moonlight. "As if you don't remember."

Her back came up against a tree and she unhooked the bow from his neck, "Remind me," Frali whispered.

He pressed his chest against hers and grasped her hips. Pausing to take in her hard but pretty face for a moment. She wouldn't catch many stares back in the cities, but he had grown to admire her more every day. Her long slender, but deceptively strong limbs and her narrow tilted eyes sometimes made him wonder if she had a touch of elvish in her, though that would be rare on this side of the continent. His playful look turned more serious as he took her in. He continued to tell himself that these secret rendezvous were just good fun. A release. An escape from the stress. Nothing more. She usually gave every indication she felt the same, but some moments...

Her face changed in response and she furrowed her brow, sliding her arm up to caress his neck. "Are we going to die tomorrow?" she asked, no hint of teasing in her voice anymore.

Roderick shrugged and gave her a brutally honest look, "Maybe," he said quietly.

She lunged at him with sudden passion, kissing him roughly and squeezing her arms around him tightly. They moaned together as their tongues mingled.

After a short moment her hands went straight to his belt, not bothering with his chest armour. He reached to unclasp it anyway, but she stopped him.

"We don't have time," she gasped huskily. "I made sure no one was coming up the trail but we're not that far."

"Then let's go further away," he said, running his hand up her bare leg, to push up her heavy skirt, and realizing she'd already done away with her undergarment.

"No I waited too long already. You took forever talking with Korb," she said, finally getting his pants loose enough to slide down and immediately pumping his hard shaft hungrily as it sprung loose. 'Uhhhh fuck yes, come on," she whispered.

His fingers discovered she was already sopping wet and she only let him play with her for a brief moment before pushing his hand away, groaning in lustful anguish and jumping up to wrap her strong legs around his waist. He held her by the ass, up against the tree and she looked down at him in open-mouthed desperation as he guided himself to her entrance.

"Yes, yes, ohhh fuck come on, quit wasting time just-ah AH MMM!" she kissed him to stifle her moans as he entered her, digging his strong fingers into the muscles of her ass and thrusting forward.

They yelled out, muffled into each other's mouths as he bottomed out quickly, as much from the pulling squeeze of her legs as the push of his hips. He started fucking her heavily, their still mostly-armoured bodies sliding roughly along the bark of the tree. Their mouths broke apart to pant a cloud of hot lustful breath against the cool night air. He kissed her neck and she ran her teeth along his scalp trying to stifle ecstatic moans. She squeezed her pussy into him, bucking back in wild abandon, driving their lust upwards as fast as she could.

"Fuck, AH yeah come on Roderick, just cum in me, I want it. Fuck. Right now. Don't fucking hold back," she begged.

He grunted into her hair behind her shoulder and gave it to her like she wanted, trying not to be too loud.

"Oh fuck, yeah, please, come on! Oh shit ah ah AH!" Frali's frantic pleasure built with his and suddenly she came first.

He brought one arm around her waist so he could hold her and reach up to cover her mouth. He pulled her neck back as she let out a screaming moan into his hand. Her hips fucked in spasmodic jolts and the buckles of her boots dug into the skin of his ass almost painfully as she clenched around him.

He didn't last long after she came, and she returned the favour, wrapping an arm around his neck to smother his mouth with her hand and twist his head roughly against her chest as he climaxed.

He shot out all the frustration and stress of the day out of his cock and deep inside her hot, soaking pussy, shaking as his muscles flexed in intense vindication.

"Ugghh yeah that's it," she whispered in breathless satisfaction, feeling him unload inside her. Her tender encouraging voice juxtaposed against the painfully hard trap of her arm around his head, and her legs around his hips. "That's it. Uhhh FUCK yeah there it is. Get it out. Get it all out. Uhhh I love it. Ohhh fuck yes." she cooed against his red raging face as he filled her, until he finally huffed through his descent.

She kissed his scalp as he panted on her neck and eventually their mouths found each other again. They basked in the afterglow, entranced under the stars for a precious minute, before she finally unclasped her legs and her affectionate stare changed back to her mischievous smile.

Once they were decent again, she turned as if to quickly leave, but he reached out to kiss her again. She kissed him back but regarded his troubled face with a questioning look.

Roderick finally said what he was trying to find the gumption to say, "What... are your plans after... all of this?" he asked, gesturing to imply much more beyond their camp.

Frali hadn't been moving but she somehow still seemed to freeze in surprise. Her voice seemed out of line with her body language as she gave a lighthearted chuckle, "You mean years from now when I retire?"

Roderick sighed. "I was serious when I said we might not live through tomorrow."

"I... I know," Frali said, leaning her hips to the side, with a shrug that didn't seem genuine "But I mean that's... that's war right?"

"Yeah. Yeah of course, but... this is the worst it's looked for a while. If we win, then nothing changes obviously, but if we don't... Any survivors would retreat through the passes. Probably some would escape but we might be injured. Even if I survive I might be disgraced from my post-"

"Bullshit! You're already their BEST general, you just haven't proven it to everyone yet, ONE failure wouldn't-..." she trailed off seeming flustered as he raised his hand to wave her off.

"Fine, even so. It... might be possible that we'd end up..." Roderick sighed and planted his feet with a gulp. "What I'm trying to say is. If we ended up, somehow, out of the army. No longer active soldiers. If... you were looking to settle down your life. Is there a chance-"

"Roderick..." she blurted out to stop him from saying it, taking a half step back, with a nervous pleading look on her face. Seeming to struggle for her next words.

The stupidity of what he was saying, suddenly struck him as he saw her reaction and he spared her. "I'm sorry. That was out of line."

"No. It wasn't, I just..." she looked away in frustration, and he wasn't sure if the moonlight was shining more brilliantly on her eyes or if they were moistening.

He sighed, "I'm not the first idiot of a soldier to ask you that am I?"

She gulped, "Well... No."

Rod chuckled, "Forget I said it. Chalk it up to nerves about tomorrow. I just... if I never got to speak with you again I thought it was worth saying at least..." he shook his head at himself again. "Forget about it."

"Let's just... get through tomorrow, and then worry about... possibilities," she said. She stood rigidly still for what seemed like a painfully long few seconds and finally said, "Goodnight General."

Roderick put effort into not wincing at the formal title and simply replied, "Goodnight Frali."

After she left he stayed and stared at the stars over top of the almost glowing grey of the mountain ridges for a few minutes before heading back down the trail to his tent. He kicked himself internally for a fool the whole time. They had a good thing going, albeit unprofessional for his station, but he had to go and threaten to ruin it by letting his heart out. He knew he'd have kicked himself if he didn't though, especially if tomorrow was as much of a disaster as he knew it might very well be.

He had resisted her hints and flirtations for quite some time, subtle though they were. Finally 2 months ago he gave in on a particularly stressful night after a couple ales. He had been pleasantly surprised that she didn't seem to have any intention of using their... whatever it was, for any personal advantage or rank. He knew she got around, so to speak, and wasn't even sure if she'd continued to sneak off with other men during the past two months. He told himself he didn't want to know. That he shouldn't care. That kept getting harder though.

Everything had kept getting harder, as the years went by and he climbed the military ladder. Everything was more complicated. Every consequence of the world's chaos was more and more his responsibility. He often yearned for the early years when he was a simple soldier, though he knew his younger self would have disagreed at the time. There was frustration and pain back then too. Wishes of a different life...

Ten years gone, and he knew at this point that the fantasy of finding Gorlana again would never completely die. He closed his eyes and that beautiful green face and the musk of her naked body entangled with his on that beautiful day in the meadow echoed in his memory. He wondered how much was distorted with time. If he'd even recognize her if he saw her again.

He never had though. He had stayed on the Orthalian front, volunteering eagerly to be there, even though most others competed for posts on the opposite side of the realm, at the more stable borders. He would say outwardly that it was because there were more opportunities for advancement in rank out here. The orcs assumed it was also because of his mixed blood. Only he knew that the biggest reason was Gorlana, and the chance of seeing her again. It had never happened though. At this point he didn't think it ever would. It was a ridiculous pipe dream to begin with, he told himself for the hundredth time. He was lucky to have gotten away with his life and his freedom on that night, and he would continue to move on.

coax_me
coax_me
379 Followers