Roger's Resort

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rather than sit and dream about the find and what he could do with it, Roger grabbed some pencils and a legal pad before leaving the premises to get his delayed lunch. One advantage of being late to the cafe was that he had it almost to himself. While waiting for his meal and during dinner, he made notes on his pad and began sketching a rough outline of the property.

When he returned to his land, Roger drove past the hotel and parked under a tree beside the small spring-fed lake. He was glad his father jumped the gun and began surveying the property. Some of the potential streets he laid out were in a perfect location for Roger's development plans. The grass and weeds were growing rapidly and hiding some survey markers. Roger decided to spend the next day using his bush hog to clear the road, camper pads, tent sites, and cabin locations he intended to install. After that, he would begin completing the easier tasks he could do alone.

Roger was working inside the hotel when he heard a vehicle drive up and stop. He was on his way to the front when he heard a young-sounding voice say, "Hello. Is anyone here?"

"Yeah, I'm coming," Roger said as he entered the lobby. He saw two people standing just inside the door. The taller one, a very cute, even petite girl, smiled and walked toward him. Her voice was the one he'd heard earlier. She held out her hand to shake and said, "I hope we're not bothering you too much. I'm Samantha Potter, but everyone calls me Sam, and this is my brother Terry.

"We waited until after things settled down before we came to bother you. Roland let us camp and fish here when he was alive, and we wanted to see if you would let us keep doing it."

Roger realized this was the Sam Roland's letter referred to and grinned to himself. The old asshole was probably laughing his ass off wherever he was now that he'd met her. He had to admit, no longer than he'd known her, she had his attention. He realized he was staring and mentally shook himself before he answered, "I don't have a problem with it, just don't leave a mess and close all the gates. I'm going to be working around a lot. Roland and I discussed reopening the hotel and building some camping spots before I left for the Army. I've decided to do that. I'm sprucing up the hotel right now, and I'll begin working outside after it cools off some."

"Cool," Sam said. "Roland talked about that some. It sounded like a neat idea. He said you'd have to find someplace to buy fingerling trout to stock your spring and lake if he did that."

"Yeah. I haven't got that far yet. At least the state stocks the stream, so there will be some fishing there until I get the fingerlings growing."

"Thanks again for letting us use your place. We'll go now so you can get back to work." Sam smiled a million-dollar smile before continuing, "Besides, I hear the water calling me."

Roger watched Sam turn and walk away and remembered the line from an old song, "She lets her walking do her talking, and she's a brilliant conversationist."

Terry watched Roger for a moment and grinned, knowing what he was thinking, before he said, "Roger, you wouldn't need any help, would you? I could use some part-time work this summer. I maw a few yards for people now, but it doesn't keep me busy all the time, and I would like to make a few more bucks than I do now."

"I might. How old are you, Terry? Can you drive?"

"Yeah, I can drive; I just don't have a car yet. I'm going to be 17 in August."

"Yeah, I have a few things you could help me with. When can you work?"

"I usually mow the yards Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, so they look good on the weekends for the people. I only do six, so I could work part of those days and all day the rest of the time."

"We're about two miles from town here. How would you get to work if I hire you?"

"That wouldn't be a problem. I can ride my bicycle here and back. I do that now when I want to fish or swim and Sam's at work. She works in Newton at Nona's Italian Ristorante."

They heard a horn honk, and Roger said, "Sounds like Sam's getting impatient. Why don't you come out tomorrow, and we'll see how things go? Now go on before she comes after both of us."

"Yes, Sir, and thanks. I'll see you tomorrow."

Terry arrived for work before Roger completed his breakfast. He turned out to be a great worker and a great guy. Most days, they spent renovating the old hotel. Roger planned to redo all the plumbing and wiring before any other work was done. Many of the smaller rooms would be combined into one larger one. The old hotel was stripped of plumbing and wiring, and the walls that needed to be torn out or breached were done by late September. It was cool enough outside by then that he and Terry began working outdoors, clearing spots for tents, RV pads, and roads. Of course, since school started in August, Terry was only working Saturdays, so the jobs weren't accomplished as fast.

Roger continued to work inside the hotel during the winter on the colder days and outside on the nicer ones. By spring, he was almost ready to finish the rooms, painting, tiling, or carpeting them. He hoped to begin accepting guests by Memorial Day.

Many days during the summer and on Saturdays, Sam took Terry to work and hauled his bicycle in the back of her SUV so he'd have it to ride home on if she couldn't pick him up in the evening. Since her work day didn't begin until 10:30, she had about an hour before she had to start her trip to work those mornings. Many of those mornings, she spent her extra time before beginning her drive talking to Roger. Those mornings she didn't chat with him always left him sad; the day felt empty, and he wasn't as upbeat as usual.

One Thursday in April, during spring break for Terry's school, his melancholy at not seeing Sam was especially noticeable; Terry had enough and said, "Dude, you have it bad. Why don't you grow a pair and ask her out, man? She'd go."

"What? What're you talking about, Terry?"

"Sam, you idiot. You follow her around like a calf hunting its momma, and you're a total bummer when she doesn't have coffee with you before we go to work."

"She's not interested in me, and besides, even if she was, I'm too old for her. Now, let's get to work here. I have three loads of Redi-mix coming for those new RV pads. I want them all poured and cured in time for the camping season. The fishermen are tearing the ground up now, and things will worsen with more traffic. I need to get the roads completed and begin landscaping."

While finishing the pads and cleaning up their prior day's pour, Roger found his mind returning to his and Terry's conversation. Yeah, he found himself thinking more and more about Sam, but, like many young men, he was afraid to ask the question. Roger and Terry were almost exhausted when they completed the pour and cleanup. Roger said, "Enough of this crap today, Terry. It's almost quitting time. The thermometer says it's 78 degrees out here. Let's grab some drinks and go swimming."

Terry looked at Roger in shock and said, "You're crazy, man. That water's going to be freezing!"

Roger laughed before he replied, "Naw. It'll be chilly, but I'm going. It'll wash the worst of the concrete out of my clothes, and I'm hot enough, it'll feel good. You got no balls if you don't come with."

"I can take it if you can, old man. Let's go."

The two men jumped into Roger's truck, and he drove down to the campground. There were a few campers, primarily kids, in the swimming hole, and they joined them. Neither had a swimsuit and didn't care. They waded into the water in their cement-covered work clothes and cooled off. They hadn't been in the water long when a familiar voice yelled, "I wondered where you two were. You're going to freeze your asses off in that cold water."

Roger turned, and the day became brighter when he saw Sam standing on the river bank. He walked toward her, and she laughed as he reached the shallow water. "You doofus," she giggled. "Couldn't you have at least taken the time to put on your swimsuit?"

"No, we were hot, tired, and had concrete all over our clothes. We killed two birds with one stone this way. We cooled off and washed most of the concrete out of our work clothes. Besides, we cooled off faster this way."

Roger continued to walk toward Sam while he was talking. When he reached her, without thinking, he reached toward her, and she laughed and held her hands toward him to fend him off. "Nuh-uh," she giggled. Don't even think about it, Buddy. You're not pulling me into that water with my clothes on."

Roger's feelings for the sparky young woman and his conversation with Terry that day caused him to do something he'd been afraid to do for weeks. He stopped and looked at Sam before he blurted out, "Sam, will you go out with me tomorrow evening? We can get a meal or see a show, or both. We can do whatever you want to do."

Sam stood momentarily looking at Roger, with her lower lip between her teeth, before she stepped to him and hugged him. She leaned against his wet chest and nodded before saying, "Uh-huh. I'd like that."

By the time Sam broke the hug, the front of her outfit was almost dripping wet from the water she soaked up off Roger's clothes. Roger took one look at her and laughed and then turned to adjust his rising cock. Not only had her hug and soft body aroused him, but when Sam stepped back, he saw her hard nipples pointing out her wet blouse.

Roger quickly turned back to face Sam after adjusting himself. He couldn't help looking at her nipples once more but forced his eyes to rise and look at her face when he asked, "So, where do you want to eat? Would you rather go to a show or do something else afterward?"

When Sam saw what Roger was doing, she blushed and was beet red, still, when she answered his question, "We can eat anywhere except Nona's or any other Italian place."

"How about Tres Amigos? I think they have the best Tex-Mex food I've ever eaten, and it's been quite a while since I was there."

"Yeah! I love that place. I haven't been there recently either." Sam raised her voice and yelled, "Terry, if you want a ride come on. I need to get home and dry off now."

Terry sloshed out of the river and removed his shirt to wring the water out. After he finished that, he squeezed as much water from his jeans as he could, opened the back door of Sam's car, and took some towels to place on her passenger seat. Sam followed Terry to the car and opened her driver's door. Before she climbed into the car, she looked at Roger, smiled, and said, "I'll see you tomorrow, Roger."

"Great. I'm looking forward to it. Pick you up about six?"

"Sure," Sam said before she drove off.

Roger watched her car until she drove out of sight, got into his truck, and returned to the old hotel. He showered and wandered to the hotel kitchen to prepare his evening meal. There was no kitchen in the owner's apartments he was using, so he and Roland had used the hotel kitchen for their cooking and ate at one of the dining room tables.

Since he was planning on a late night the next day when he and Sam had their date, he didn't plan a strenuous day's work for him and Terry. They spent the day mowing and making minor repairs to the facilities, then quit early as each had dates that evening. It was Friday, after all.

One of the jobs Roger found time for Friday afternoon was cleaning his truck. He spent nearly two hours washing, waxing, and detailing the interior. It was as clean as a 22-year-old truck could be. It wasn't showroom new looking, but it did show well for its age. Roger pulled into Sam's driveway about five minutes before six and headed for the door. To his surprise, Sam opened the door and invited him in before he could reach the porch. He was surprised she was ready and that he hadn't had to knock on the door.

Sam grabbed his hand and pulled him into the living room, where an older man and woman sat watching him. Sam said, "Mom, Dad, this is Roger Talbot. He owns the resort. Roger, this is Mary and Joseph Potter, my parents."

"It's good to meet you both formally. I've seen you, and we've talked a few times in the cafe."

Her father laughed when he said, "More than a few, but welcome to our home, Roger. I guess Samantha didn't know we knew each other. How are things going with your place? We don't see you much any longer."

"I'm staying busy but having a blast doing it. Terry's been a big help too. I'm glad I hired him."

Roger and Jo continued talking, and Sam and her mother watched bemusedly. Finally, Sam grabbed Roger's hand and said, "Are we going somewhere, or are you and Daddy going to talk all night on my date?"

Joe looked guilty, as did Roger, who said, "I'm sorry, Sam. You're right; we should go." He wrapped his arm around Sam's waist and turned toward the front door. Just before they exited, he turned to her parents and said, "I've enjoyed talking to you again, Joe. Drop by the resort so we can catch up if you have time."

Roger and Sam got a booth at the restaurant and sat together. They each had one of their excellent margaritas with complimentary chips and salsa. They fell into an easy conversation while munching on the chips, drinking, and waiting on their entrees.

Somehow, they never left the restaurant for other entertainment. Soon, Sam noticed their waitress was hovering and realized they'd spent too long tying up the table. She was doubly embarrassed working at Nona's as she did and said, "Roger, we need to go. We're tying up the table, and people are waiting."

Roger glanced at his phone and saw they'd been there almost two hours. He paid the bill and left. When they walked past the waitress, he stopped and handed her $20 in cash before apologizing for hanging around so long.

Outside, while walking to the truck, Roger asked, "What do you want to do now, Sam? We've missed the last show."

"I don't care. We can go somewhere and talk if you want, or...Hey, let's play miniature golf. I haven't done that in ages."

They completed three rounds of golf before having to return home. Their stomachs ached from all the laughter at each other's poor shots. When Roger walked Sam to her door, he stopped, kissed her thoroughly, and said, "Thanks for going with me, Sam. I haven't enjoyed a night out this much in ages. Can we do it again soon"

"I'd like that."

From then on, they dated at least once a week, and Sam also spent much of her free time with Roger. Roger and Sam went to a nicer restaurant than usual in early August to celebrate his birthday.

"I want to go to the river and swim. We've only walked a block, and I'm already sweating. There's a full moon, and it should be safe if we go to your campground."

"Sounds good to me. We'll have to stop for our suits first, though."

"Why? We can wear our clothes like you, and Terry did the other day. The river won't hurt these shorts or this old blouse, and I'm pretty sure it won't hurt your shorts, either."

Thirty minutes after deciding to swim, the couple walked hand-in-hand into the cool river. It was late enough that most of Roger's guests were sitting around their fires or already in bed. They were alone in the water and found a spot in the shadows to float on the two-person float Roger pulled into the water with them. They relaxed on the float and watched the moon and stars while talking and getting to know each other better.

Occasionally Roger had to jump out of the float and reposition it because the slow current caused it to drift downstream. The third time he had to jump out and pull the float, and laughing Sam back to the eddy they were using, he went closer to the bank and tied it to an exposed tree root. When he climbed back into the float, he almost dumped Sam out, and when he regained his balance, he was lying across her body sideways. While Roger tried to resume his seat beside her, his hand landed on her breast. He jerked it back in embarrassment, causing himself to lose his balance and fall on her.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry, Sam," he said while struggling to get off her and resume his seat.

Sam giggled because of his antics and said, "I've had many guys cop a feel but never like that."

Roger felt his face flush deeper when she said that and looked her in the eyes, trying to think of something to say. They stared at each other for another moment before her right arm reached out and circled his neck, pulling him down where she kissed him. The kiss went on and on, and Roger found himself lying across Sam while they exchanged more kisses.

The couple looked like prunes when they finally got out of the water. They took time to go into the nearby restroom and wring the excess water from their soaked clothing before getting into Roger's truck. After he started the car, Sam glanced at the clock on the dashboard and gasped, "It's after midnight! I have to leave early and be at work tomorrow. I promised I'd do the pastries so she could sleep in. I'm sorry, but I need to get home."

"Not a problem. Are you working all day or just the morning shift?"

"I get off after lunch rush. Usually about 2 p.m."

"Cool. I'm not going to do much tomorrow since it's Saturday. Maybe we can go fishing or something if you're not too tired." While he was making the invitation, Roger pulled into Sam's driveway and turned off his truck.

Sam smiled and replied, "I'd like that. How about I come out about five or so? I'll get home and catch a quick nap, and I'll be good for the rest of the day."

After hearing Sam's reply, Roger got out and walked around the truck to open her door. When he reached the truck's passenger side, Sam was out and closing her door, so he took her hand and escorted her to her parent's front door. When they reached the door, they faced each other, and Roger pulled Sam against him before bending to kiss her. They were both panting when he finally broke the kiss. Roger stepped back and grinned when he saw her nipples tenting out her blouse.

Roger didn't remember the drive back home and was slightly afraid when he realized he was there. He sat in the truck savoring his date before figuratively shaking himself and going inside. He quickly stripped and fell into bed, dropping into a deep, restful sleep. Roger was a creature of habit. He normally awakened at 0630 and was surprised when he woke up Saturday to see bright sunlight through a gap in his curtains. He'd slept until almost 0900, and while entirely rested, he felt guilty.

He went to the storage shed and unlocked his boat. He was loading his gear into the boat when he heard a car horn and turned to look for it. Terry and Sam were getting out of Her SUV. She smiled and waved before hurrying to him. Without thinking, they quickly kissed before Sam smiled and said, "Looks like we all had the same idea. Can we go with you, or do you want to be alone?"

Roger replied, "I'd love to have you, but the boat won't hold all three of us. Let me go to the rental office, and we'll get one of the kayaks. We can all be together, even if we aren't in the same boat."

Sam quickly put her gear in Roger's boat and told Terry he'd be exiled to the kayak. Terry laughed and said, "That's just as well, sis. He's not my type anyway. Now you stay in sight so I can be sure you don't do anything inappropriate."

Sam was still red from her blush when Roger returned, pulling the kayak for Terry. He looked at the siblings and wondered what their conversation had been about, then decided he'd be better off ignoring it and Sam's blush. After Terry put his gear in the kayak, Roger asked, "Is everyone ready?"

After both agreed they were ready, he pushed the Jon Boat off and turned to Terry. He asked, "Do you want to paddle or let us pull you?"

"I'll paddle. I have a few places I like to fish, and if you don't stop there, I probably will. Sis, I'll let you know if I leave, but I may not stay on the river long. I may hang around the resort." Terry quickly pushed away from the boat and began paddling downstream. After several strokes, he said, "See ya all later."