All Comments on 'Roland and Susan'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments (Page 2)
tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 3 years ago

Warren would be proud.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

I lost interest, just too stupid, disappointing because I usually enjoy this authors stories⭐️

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"I'm letting you know, Susan, you need to be careful of him," - She says that she'll be "careful," but she's already cheated!

\

She knew he wouldn't tolerate infidelity, yet she cheats anyway?

\

She "loves" him soooo much and breaks things off with Van Owen only to go right back to him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Frankly, I don't know if I would have tried to rescue her, then kill Van Owens afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not bad but very stupid decisions. A man like him with two strikes wouldn't have given the cunt a second chance. Then he would have killed him and let her be a sex slave. He seems strong but he is weak and takes too much time to act. A constant in most of your stories.

The wife's reasons to cheat were never fully explained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like the tale

like the Richard Petty Sombrero look avatar

5 stars as usual, actually all uir tales are the usual best of the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Roland came across as being somewhat conflicted in this one. Personality seemed inconsistent to me.

Imagine WZ's "Roland, the Headless Thompson Gunner", with a little of The Village People's "Macho Man" thrown in.

The resulting mix is a bit confusing, and not that good. 2 stars only

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When I'm having trouble falling asleep, I reread the rescue scene.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiives all day long!

msdaniemsdanieover 2 years ago

The author obviously knows nothing about the Thompson. One the is NO safety on the Thompson submachine gun. The ready to fire position is the bolt to the rear, held ther by the trigger sear. There is no select fire. The Thompson is fully auto at all times. Please do better research.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 2 years ago

Heckin' terrific!

catboyalvincatboyalvinover 2 years ago

I loved reading about Roland and his adventures. Is a gorilla stealing a BMW next, How would Saddletramp work that into a Loving Wives story

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Kinda me havin' a hell of a time trying to suspend my belief.

But it is Saddletramp1956 story.

Still, if only ST1956 let Susan live, let her experience the South American brothel a bit,

before Roland rescues her...you know giving Susan some lessons about betrayal.

Still, I thank ST1956 for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As usual great story still think houston and oscar warren are your best (jaybee186)

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayabout 2 years ago

I would have liked the story to take a different path. She does not die from her wounds and will be followed by a dialogue and emotional insight on both sides

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Second time reading , brilliant luv the zevon lyric references ( outside of werewolves) he’s hardly known here in uk , Just 5⭐️. P.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Warren Zevon RIP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another Saddletramp classic. No "touch, feeley" here. A capable writer for a distinct sub-genre. This author is definitely worth a read. Some would think the Susan should have paid a price in a brothel, then been rescued for rehabilitation. Or some such. But that misses the theme of Saddletramp's stories. Almost tongue-in-cheek.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Last bunch of paragraphs fell way short. Otherwise a good yarn. A pilot landing "dead stick and no landing lights on a dirt strip". Sound of turbine whistling and lights would might give them away. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Few stories are perfect, and this is no exception. However the mc is true to author's concept, which is unusual for stories on this site. In this universe, everything is consistent and as it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Was his hair perfect?

RoperTraceRoperTracealmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed it a lot Saddletramp1956. The Thompson submachine gun was an added hook in my case. My dad was an ironworker and told me a story about the time he borrowed Winchester Model 94 from a co-worker to use when deer hunting with me. He was normally only a small game hunter and didn't have a high-powered rifle. He said the guy on his construction job opened his car's trunk and had a Thompson that he showed my dad. The guy was known for having a lot of weapons for sale. Great story.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What a great series. Maybe we will see Roland and Bill in future stories as they are great characters. Gets my 5-star vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Chalk up another great one!

XYZ

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

10 stars. If I could...

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Why

Why didn't he sue Susan's firm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems as if ol’ Roland needs to seriously re-evaluate his wife selection protocols.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Real ha4d case BUT if got down range with him you likely deserved it.

Sons_LoveSons_Loveover 1 year ago

Yet again, another great saddletramp1956 story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Top tale by the master

5/5

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Great tale, well told.

muddman74muddman74over 1 year ago

I just love a happy ending, LOL!

SBC97281SBC97281about 1 year ago

One of the best songs by one of the best in Mr. Zevon. Fun story references! Thanks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

This seemed familiar but apparently I didn't leave a comment!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bullets pass through you. They don't slam you against the wall. Haven't you ever been shot?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked this one more than some of the others although they were all good. On to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Roland the three times cuck.....he needs an award

BlueEyd2BlueEyd211 months ago

Not even close to being one of your best. Roland is cheating by three different wives, and especially with the third one, is very weak in his response. Big tough soldier of fortune acts like a weak cuck with both the wife and her lover, both when he is threatened initially by him and then when wife admits to affair and then gets caught second time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Aquel dia yo jure a ese puerto volvere...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good. Roland is a complicated character. As he should be. Kept his word, both to others and himself.

SatyrDickSatyrDick11 months ago

[06.07.23]

Storming into my TOP TEN!

Taking my 2nd all time favourite Warren Zevon song (Behind 'Desperados Under the Eaves', in front of 'Carmelita')...then a pinch of 'Lawyers, Guns, and Money'!

To paraphrase Mr. Zevon 'He was a genius'.

Have you seen his last appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman?

11/10 Headless Thompson Gunners!!!!!

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

You know after seeing the comment before mine made me think of an old saying I used to use when I taught English Lit and Edited for a Publishing Co. and an outdoor Magazine, "Some people wouldn't know a Fiction from a DMV Drivers Manual." You can't please them all and a good Author like Saddle Tramp knows this and the good man that he is never stops and never lets it bother him. You GO Saddle Tramp! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! You see, Saddle Tramp can be either two words or a compound word but the rule says use TWO! I go buy the rules, it's why I'm still alive.

Harvey8910Harvey89104 months ago

This was a great story and I loved it. Five stars. Saddletramp is such a great writer!!!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower3 months ago

Thanks for a well-written, fun read! Good job, as usual!

Busman19639Busman196392 months ago

It was a good read, maybe a little outrageous at times but still a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Where cheating wife's are concerned this is the way happy endings end. It is a tale that holds a reader's attention throughout,which all tales should do,so it's a successful story. Why do you suppose all 3 wives cheated on him?A poor choice in women??Likely,but 3 times?..As an author you gave no hint as to why..Could it possibly be Him??..4 stars..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It just didn't do it for me. No development and no real continuity. Just s bunch of scenarios. Three stars from me. I enjoyed many of ST's works, but this one, not so much.

I almost decided to not comment, because the ST Fan Club would have at me, but that's okay. Again, three stars for an Average story.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

BTW, a half million dollars for a woman?

JPB NOT BOB

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 month ago

I didn't get the progression from loyal wife to cheater to cheating after getting caught to being okay with her lover killing him then still being sorry for it all. And... All the while acting shocked he couldn't be ok with it.

I liked it... It started great. I just felt it went downhill once he met van Owen at the party.

And yeah, I agree with JPG... it seemed like a half mil was alot to pay for one woman... And it didn't sound like a really young woman.,. And with half up front...wow.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...