Romance with the CEO Ch. 01

Story Info
The CEO and CFO of a major company get to know each other.
12.9k words
4.82
18.5k
43

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Justin Park and Nick Sherbrooke

Chapter 1:

Introduction:

As heir and CEO of Sherbrooke Enterprises, Nick is used to a certain lifestyle. His charm and good looks, along with his family fortune, make him admired by almost everyone he meets. Plus, his playboy behavior has covered dozens of magazines and attracted swarms of paparazzi on certain occasions.

At 29, standing at 6'4" and with a face created by God himself (with suggestions from the Devil), Nick has perfectly cut and styled dark brown hair with a magnificent wave to it. If that weren't enough, we can't forget to mention his incredible physique. With a hint of a British accent, his voice is deep and silky smooth. Arguably, his best feature is his deep blue eyes. However, regardless of his good looks, Nick is kind of a douchebag, as seen in all the magazines. He's incredible at his job, but he is not the easiest person to work with. His reputation definitely precedes him.

Justin is eager to take on his new position as Chief Financial Officer of the company. He wants to do well in his new role. He's worked for the company ever since his internship days during college. He excelled all the way to where he is now, and he plans to excel in his new role too. But, Justin finds Nick to be quite the interesting boss. No matter how attractive Justin finds Nick, it's not enough for him to fall under Nick's charm like everyone else. He sees through Nick's charming demeanor, something that Nick can't figure out. It's not that Nick is necessarily rude or anything, it's just how he seems to expect everything to go his way and get everything he wants. His spoiled upbringing is the exact opposite of Justin's, who grew up in the foster system.

Justin, 27, is the youngest CFO in the company. But it cost Justin a lot during his college years and early twenties. He didn't go out to parties and has never had a relationship. In fact, he's never been kissed. It's not because he's unattractive or has a bad personality, it's just he never put himself out there. In fact, Justin would be considered above average in the looks department. He's 6'1" and though he's very skinny, he has an athletic build. He has medium brown hair and dark brown eyes. He also has a sharp jawline and beautiful lips.

***Justin's Point of View***

It's been 6 months since I started my position as CFO of Sherbrooke Enterprises and I swear I'm going to lose my mind. Nick Sherbrooke is... ughhhh. I love my job, I love this company. But that man is so full of himself. If he wasn't so good at his job I would have absolutely no respect for him.

It's weird, he is perfectly nice and extremely charming with everyone, but he is also so full of himself. He makes everyone fall in love with him and then expects everyone to bow down to him because he thinks he deserves it. I think I'm the only one in the entire company that sees through him.

"Mr. Park?" My secretary said on the intercom. "Mr. Sherbrooke is here to see you."

"Okay, let him in, please." I responded.

Hannah let him in, I stood up and walked around my desk.

"Hello, Mr. Sherbrooke. How's your day going?"

"Please, Mr. Park, I think we've been working together for long enough, we can be on a first name basis." He smiled charmingly.

"Alright." I played along, holding back the urge to roll my eyes. "What can I do for you, Nick?"

"We have an issue with HB, the British company whose business we're trying to get. Our offices in London have been in contact with them, but our people over there think it would be extremely beneficial if I flew over. I think it would be good to have you there as well, and have a strong team to represent the firm."

"If you think that's best, it sounds good. When do we leave?"

"Tonight or tomorrow morning. My father is using the company jet, so whenever my secretary can get us on a flight. First class, of course. She'll take care of everything and send you the information.

"Okay, anything new I should know beforehand regarding HB?"

"Just that they feel a personal disconnect. We can discuss specifics on the flight."

"Alright, I'll see you then." I said as he headed towards the door.

He turned around and gave me a serious look. "I don't want to lose them. Let's make sure we're on our A-game." He adds, opening the door and heading out.

***

***Nick's Point of View***

After grabbing my suitcase from my driver, I head in to find Justin. I offered to give him a ride to the airport, but he said he was all set.

Justin's a nice guy and he does an excellent job with work, but I get the feeling he doesn't like me. I don't know why, I don't think I've ever been rude to him. It's weird, usually people are so fake around me, always trying to get something from me. Justin, on the other hand, will speak his mind and won't agree with me on everything, which I like. It makes me want him to like me even more, a feeling I've never felt with anyone else.

I see Justin sitting on a bench, still in his suit from work. "Hey, how's it going?" I say as I walk up to him.

"Good, you?" He got up.

"Yeah, great. Ready to head through security?"

"Yeah, let's go."

***

The flight was good, we discussed what options we would add to keep the company happy. Justin's idea of guaranteeing a 15% increase in their revenue in the first year, even if it means we'll take a small hit, is great. Their business isn't just a one year thing, I want their products under our branch for years to come, I know they'll be massive.

We get to the hotel and head to check in. "Hello, welcome. Are you checking in?" The concierge asks.

"Hello, yes, checking in. Last name is Sherbrooke."

She typed on the computer for a minute then looked up. "Alright, we have you in room 525. Two room keys?" She asks.

"Um, sorry, I think there should be two rooms?" I correct.

"Hm, let me check on that again." After a minute she looked up. "I'm sorry, sir, we only have one room under your name."

"Oh, uh, then can you look under Park, Justin Park?" Justin asked.

Another search and nothing. "I'm sorry, it seems we only have one room, four nights."

"Alright, how much for a second room?" I asked, pulling my wallet out.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, there's a Royal wedding this weekend so we are completely booked. I'm afraid all other hotels will be just as full."

I looked at Justin, both of us shocked and confused. This is what happens when you book at the last minute and you let your new secretary handle things.

"Is that alright?" I asked him.

He nodded. Then turned to the woman behind the desk. "Um, two keys please." Justin said.

"Alright. Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll have a bottle of wine and a charcuterie board brought up for you. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you during your stay." She said kindly, sliding the keys towards us.

Opening the door to our room, I walked in first, holding it open for him to follow. It's a normal room, not very big. Wait, there's only one bed?!

"Uh, I just realized we forgot to clarify if it was two beds." I looked at Justin, watching his reaction.

"Welp, not much we can do about it now." He tried to smile, but I could tell he was not necessarily looking forward to sharing a bed.

I have to be honest, a small part of me isn't that upset about it. I probably should ignore those feelings, I tell myself.

"Last time I shared a bed was with my parents as a kid." I tried to lighten the mood.

"Really?" He gave a look that suggested he thought otherwise. "So those magazines have been lying?!"

He made me laugh with that one. "Don't believe everything you hear." I said, lifting my suitcase onto the luggage rack.

"Well, the last time I shared a bed was when I was 17." He put his suitcase on the other rack. "Oh, at least we have a balcony." He walked over to the door and opened it up, taking a step outside.

I followed, curious to know more about his bed sharing comment. "So by my calculations, it's been ten years?"

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"The last time you had to share a bed."

"Oh, right. Yeah, ten years I guess."

"This is a personal question - and you don't have to answer it - but why so long?"

"According to my calculations, it's been about 20 years for you. You explain first?" He said boldly.

"Alright, so I may have been joking." I put my hands up playfully as if I were caught.

"Yeah, I figured." He sarcastically muttered. He turned away from me to look at the view again.

"Take the time to enjoy this non-rainy weather. Looks like it's gonna rain most of the time we're here."

"Do you have any plans for the extra two days we have free?" He asked.

"Hit up my favorite food spot in the city, can't get it anywhere else. You're welcome to join if you want." I offered. "You?"

"Sightsee. Never been to the U.K. before."

"I can get you a tour guide if you want?"

"Don't waste money on something unnecessary like that." He said.

"Okay, first off, it wouldn't be a waste. Second, we both know I have way more money than I could ever use. And third, the tour guide is me, so it wouldn't even cost anything."

"You? Tour guide, Really?" He looked surprised. "Are you even qualified?"

"I went to school here, so yes. I think I'm fairly qualified with my 7 plus years of living here."

"That explains the weird accent."

"Weird?!" I pretended to be hurt. "And what, did you think I picked my accent up in New York?"

"Honestly, yeah." He nodded playfully. "I thought you were faking it to sound more posh."

"Oh, dang, you really don't like me, do you?"

"Hmmm. I don't... dislike you..." he shrugged. "But I respect you."

"Oh, you respect me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you're amazing at your job. Seriously, you were born into the position but you still deserve it."

"That's kind of you, thank you. I'm really trying to make a difference, I'd love to make the company 80% sustainable in the next 10 years and 100% in 15."

"I support that goal, I think it's something that will make a real impact on our company and the world in general. I mean, society is moving in that direction, and might as well be a global leader. And the company is such a force, so reaching that level of sustainability will have a great trickle-down effect."

"Thank you. I hope it will happen and works well." I paused for a moment. "I just realized you never answered whether or not you'll let me give you a tour?"

"Fine." He nodded slowly. "I'd really appreciate a guided tour of London."

"Good." I smiled. "I'm gonna take a shower before going to bed."

"Alright, I'll grab one after." He said as I opened the door and headed back inside.

All I thought about in the shower was Justin. That was the first real, normal conversation we've had without discussing only work. I replayed our conversation over and over in my head. Did I push the sleeping in the same bed thing too far? I hope I didn't annoy him, but I do think he warmed up to me a little today.

Okay, okay. I need to plan out the perfect tour for him, he's gotta see how beautiful and cool this city is. God, why am I smiling so much right now?

I put on my boxer briefs and realized I forgot to make sure it's alright if I sleep in my underwear. And of course I didn't bring any more clothes in the bathroom with me.

I left the bathroom, making sure to leave it nice and clean for Justin. "Hey, I forgot to ask if it's alright if I sleep in just my underwear?" I asked.

"What?-" He looked up from his laptop, taken aback by my half-nakedness. "Oh, uh, yeah, no problem." He looked back at his screen. Are his cheeks turning a little red or is it my imagination?

"Thanks, man." I got under the covers and immediately regretted my use of 'man' in such a bro-manner. Gosh, why am I so awkward?!

While Justin showered, I scrolled through my phone, trying to distract myself from my thoughts.

He came out in shorts and a t-shirt, immediately getting in bed. "Goodnight." He said, turning off his bedside light.

"Goodnight." I responded, doing the same.

***

The next morning, I woke up first. I turned onto my back and instinctively stretched, remembering my surroundings. Looking over to Justin, I see him lying on his stomach, his head facing me. He looks so peaceful.

Realizing I stared at him for longer than appropriate, I got out of bed, used the bathroom, and then changed into my gym clothes.

After my workout in the hotel gym, I headed back up to the room, where I found Justin awake and already showered. "Morning." I said heavily, still tired from my run. "You always get up this early?"

"Yeah, I'm an early riser, something about the morning calm, any other time just doesn't do it for me. How about you?" He took a sip of coffee he made from the room's machine.

"Yeah, always. Best time to workout."

"You workout every day?" He looked kinda surprised.

"6 days a week, I try. What about you?"

"I prefer the 'sitting on the couch and eating chocolate' method of staying fit." He joked.

"You'll have to teach me that one, I hear it yields excellent results."

He raised his mug to me and smiled. "Yes, will do, boss."

After a day of talks with the company, mainly thanks to Justin, we were able to keep them happy and stay with us.

The next few days I showed him my favorite spots in the city, all of the touristy places as well as my secret spots.

I took him to my favorite place for afternoon tea, something I consider a personal thing I don't really share with everyone.

"Tea? This is your favorite place to eat here?"

"Not just tea, incredibly delicious tea and sandwiches and scones and desserts. Even the Queen approves of this place." I explained. "Trust me, you'll see."

"I love a good cup of tea, this should be fun." He said enthusiastically, I hope he's not just trying to be nice.

After tea, which he seemed to really enjoy, we spent a little time shopping. While wandering the store, I found an adorable teddy bear that I know my niece, Lily, would love. I picked it up and examined it. It's perfect for her, she'll love it.

"Getting it?" Justin asked me.

"Yeah, it's for a very special girl I know." I smiled.

We finished up for the day, heading back to the hotel after a night stroll in the city.

It's been so great getting to know Justin on a personal level. I knew he was smart, but damn, he's insanely intelligent. He's funny and sweet and I definitely should not be thinking about him in this way. Plus, with a royal wedding taking place this weekend we got to stand in the crowds and take in the big moment with others though the rest of the time the extra crowds made it hard to see stuff.

I mean, even if he likes me back, is it a good idea to get involved with an employee? Especially one I work with so closely?

This being the last night of our trip, I figured I should start getting back into work mode, already taking too much time off.

I got comfortable under the sheets on my side of the bed, my laptop on my lap. In the corner of my eye, I noticed Justin reviewing his own work at the desk. I hope he doesn't feel like he needs to do work because I am.

"You know what? Screw work for tonight, I'm just gonna go to bed." I said.

"Have a good night." He laughed.

"You don't have to work because of me, you know?"

His eyes didn't leave his screen. "Not working because of you, well at least not right now. Just need to take care of a few loose ends."

Twenty minutes later I was still awake, not tired enough to fall asleep, when Justin got in the bed.

"Thanks for showing me the city, I loved it."

"I'm glad, I'm gonna miss it when we leave. This city is my happy place."

"If I ever screw up I'll make sure to book you a flight here to distract you."

"What about you? Where should I send you?"

"Well, you don't mess up. Plus, it's not like I could fire you if you did." He smiled his big, beautiful smile.

"I mess up all the time, I just do it when nobody is watching. Seriously though, what would you say is your happy place?"

After a minute of contemplating, he responded. "My apartment."

"Why is that?"

"It's the first place I've ever owned myself. The first place I've ever felt was home, first place I've ever felt safe really."

"How long have you had it?"

"Just a month."

"Oh, congratulations on the new place. Must be a great feeling to know your hard work has paid off."

"Yeah, getting this promotion has changed my life. I know nothing is set for life, but it's the first time I feel like I'm secure, like I'm doing what I should be doing."

"You've never felt that in your other positions?"

"Not really. I mean, I joined the company as an intern to help pay for college, then got a job with it which helped me take care of the rest of my student loans. I've finally reached a point where I owe nothing and have saved enough to buy my own place in the city and still feel stable. I mean, we live in New York, the place is tiny, but I'm really proud of it."

"That's good, you should be proud. I own my own place but like, it's not nearly the same, I was given a trust fund and never had to work for anything I have."

"That's not true, I see how hard you work for the company. Even if it's because of your family that you have the job, it's clear to everyone how much you care about the company and want to do the best you can. You deserve it, you really do."

"That's kind of you say, I don't always feel that way. Anyway, your parents must be extremely proud of you."

He looked away for a second, as if searching for something, then looked back at me. "Actually, my parents passed away when I was 5. That's why I said I haven't shared a bed since I was 17. It's because I grew up in the foster system, when I turned 18 I was finally able to get out and I put myself through college with a scholarship and loans

I felt chills go down my body. How could I be so stupid and careless about what I've said.

"I'm sorry about your parents. I didn't know. I wouldn't have pushed the bed thing if I knew. It makes more sense now, why your happy place is your apartment."

"Yeah, thank you. I know you had good intentions, don't worry about it. I know you didn't mean any harm, and you didn't cause any either."

I wish I could lean over and hug him right now, every ounce of me is fighting back the urge.

"Thank you for sharing that with me. I know it must not be easy." He nodded softly, a small smile on his lips.

"Have a good night, Nick."

"Yeah... you too, Justin."

***

***Justin's Point of View***

The day after getting back from London, I was walking back into my apartment building when my 70 year old doorman told me I had a package.

Thinking I just forgot I ordered something on Amazon, I talked to Bob, my doorman, while he grabbed the package. When he came out with a lovely vase full of white peonies, I was shocked. Who sent me flowers? Why?

"Take good care of these. They're beautiful!" He smiled kindly. "Oh, and this as well." He removed his other hand from behind his back to show me a bottle of wine. "I used the google to search up this wine, apparently it cost $6,000!"

"What?! That can't be for me!" I said shocked. "Who's it from?"

"There's a card, whoever it is must really enjoy your company." He grinned.

I opened the card, figuring it's only fair that Bob gets to know who it is as well, so I could prove to him it's not someone I know.

The card said:

Justin,

Congratulations on your new place. A new apartment is just the beginning. May you find comfort, safety, and happiness in this adventure.

-Nick

I looked up at Bob. "It actually is for me. It's from my boss, congratulating me on the new place."

"Oh, that's nice of them."

"Yes, it is. Thanks Bob, have a good night."

"You as well, Justin." I'm glad I got him to stop calling me Mr. Park. If anything I should be addressing him by his last name.