Romance with the CEO Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry, it must bring a lot of stress for you."

"I try not to let it get to me. Plus I don't have it nearly as bad as some, like Taylor. She has hoards of people outside her homes at all times. My favorites are the relationship stuff, like I just have to laugh when they link me to a friend I've known for years. My favorites include, 'Who's the mystery woman?' 'Taylor's next muse!' 'Is the Playboy bachelor off the market?'"

He laughed at that last one. "Wow, those are some interesting articles, very well researched I bet."

"Oh, of course they are." I said sarcastically. I decided to tell him. "Especially considering the fact I'm gay and they have yet to realize."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm out to my family and friends, it's not like I'm hiding it from anyone. But the media still loves to guess my weekly rotation of girlfriends. Like, I'll literally be walking with a male date and they'll think nothing of it." I laughed. "But walking with a female friend, they're guessing the wedding date."

"Huh... wow, they're really not very good at their jobs are they?" He smiled at me. He paused to think for a second. "I'm gay as well." He said the words I was hoping to hear.

"Cool. We've never really talked about it before, are you seeing anyone?" I asked casually, at least as casual as I could be.

"No, I'm single. Not really dating right now."

"Same here. I take it you're focusing on work instead?"

"Yeah, school and work have always been my top priorities, and I've yet to meet anyone that's worth the time to me."

"Wow, you must have high standards." I teased.

"More like I wasn't very popular in high school, spent my weekends either working or in the library during college, and just am not extremely social." He smiled.

"You seem to be good with people though."

"I'm not completely socially inept." He laughed. "I mean, I have a few friends, I'm not a total social outcast. It's just I don't use apps or go to clubs, stuff like that."

"A millennial with zero trust in dating apps? That's rare." I teased.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just a hopeless romantic, I want to meet someone and fall in love in person."

"I respect that. I don't use apps either. Waiting for that coffee shop mix-up kinda moment." I grinned at him.

***

***Justin's Point of View***

He's gay! Ugh, why does knowing this make me somehow more stressed?! Like, he's into guys yeah, but that doesn't mean he likes me. My crush has to remain just a crush.

He can't know my feelings, because when he rejects them it will be extremely awkward for the both of us.

About a week passed and nothing really happened between us. It's now Friday afternoon and I spot Nick in the hallway, looking very good in his suit. "Hey, Justin. How's it going?" He stopped to have a casual conversation.

"Pretty good, you?"

"Not bad, any plans for the weekend?"

"No, nothing. What about you?"

"No plans. You should just take off now, you deserve a little extra break."

"Thanks, but I can't today, I'm gonna stay late to work on the adjustments needed for next quarters' costs."

"If I wasn't your boss I'd call you a workaholic... actually, no, you're definitely a workaholic. You make me look like I work part-time!" He smiled at me.

"I'll remind you of that fact when I ask for a raise." I replied teasingly, with a slight serious note to it.

A few hours passed and I am now the only one left in the building, even the cleaning staff is off tonight.

As I looked at my computer screen, double checking the final numbers with my calculator, I heard a knock on my door, making me jump.

"Hello?" I asked.

"It's Nick, may I enter?"

"Yeah - Yes, of course."

"Sorry, I hope I didn't frighten you. It's very quiet here right now." He walked towards my desk, brown paper bag in hand. "I come bearing gifts." He held the bag up and grinned.

"What is it?" I asked. He sat down at my desk and he pulled the contents of the bag out.

"It's from the Greek place down the street. I thought you could probably use some food if you're gonna work late." We've grabbed lunch there before.

"That's very nice of you, thanks." I cleared my papers from my desk, putting them neatly away. "Perfect timing, I just finished."

"Ah, I am the master of perfect timing." He handed me my container of food, my utensils wrapped in a napkin. "I hope you like it. I tried to recall what you got last time we were there, you said you liked it."

"It looks perfect, thank you."

We started eating, talking about the work I just finished. About half way through with the meal, the lights suddenly turned off. I looked around, my computer turned off as well. Everything in the room went dark.

"Must be a power shortage." Nick said. I heard him reach for his phone, turning his flashlight on. I did the same. "Shall we continue, hopefully they'll turn on again soon."

"Yeah. Wonder what happened." A few bites later, my phone's flashlight turned off. I inspected it to find my phone had died. Great. "Welp, my phone just died. And I can't charge it right now." I let out a small chuckle.

"It's fine, mine is at 90% so we're all set."

"Actually, I do have a candle in here." I reached into a drawer in my desk.

Even in the dim lighting I could see the smug look on his face. "Aren't candles against the rules? I thought you didn't break rules."

I pulled the candle out and pushed the power button. "Candles that require real fire, yes. My battery powered one is perfectly acceptable." I smirked at him.

"Ah, of course. Justin Park would never break a rule." He said playfully.

"Never." I echoed.

I just realized I have accidentally created a romantic candlelight ambiance for a dinner with my boss. Oh my gosh, what have I done? I'm a proper idiot.

After we finished eating, we packed everything up and decided to take the stairs down. He recycled and threw out everything properly in the bins in the hall. I put away the candle in my desk, so the only light source for our exit came from Nick's phone.

We started walking towards the staircase, Nick a small step in front of me with his flashlight. Suddenly, I tripped on nothing, my whole body vaulting forward and towards the floor. I prepared to hit the floor, but Nick must've turned around and brought himself in front of me because he broke my fall. Even in the dark, I can still feel his eyes on me. What feels like years passes, but it's probably only been a matter of seconds.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Sorry! I tripped. Are you okay?" I tried to get up as fast as I could while not hurting him.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I tried to stop you from falling. But you're good, right?" He repeated his question because I didn't answer. He sat up and grabbed his fallen phone.

"Yeah, I'm all good. Thanks to you." He stood up. "Is your phone okay?"

"Yeah, no problems." He answered.

We continued walking, my heart racing as I felt nervous and anxious about what just happened. "Bet you regret coming here now after that fall." I gave a small chuckle.

"Nope. I'm still glad I came because I got to spend more time with you." He looked at me. "Probably shouldn't say this because I'm your boss, but I really wanted to bring you dinner. I really wanted to spend time with you."

My heart started pounding. What does he mean? What's he saying?

He continued. "Sorry I should probably say this after we finish the 40 flights of stairs but I've been wanting to say it for a while and if I don't just say it now I might not ever. I really like you, not just as an employee and whatnot. But as a friend and as hopefully, maybe something more than a friend." We reached a landing on a new floor, he stopped walking and faced me.

"Are you serious?" I asked, in shock more than anything else.

"I don't want to make things awkward, but I seriously am so into you. Would you like to go out with me?"

The wheels in my brain started spinning rapidly. I really can't believe he just said that. There's so much to think about, but I know I want to explore our relationship. When I first started this job I almost hated Nick, and now I'm majorly into him. And he's into me?!

"Yeah, I'd really like to go out with you."

The biggest smile lit up his face and the stairwell, I've never seen him smile like that before. His smile made me smile. "Really?!" I nodded. "That's great, I'm really glad." We continued walking down the stairs. "Would tomorrow be too soon?"

"Tomorrow's good. What time?"

"Okay, I have to check on some things first, but I have an idea and if I can pull it off, would 8 a.m. be okay?"

I gave a small laugh. "Yeah, sure. What's the plan?"

"It's a surprise, plus, I may need to use a backup."

"Alright."

"Okay, this is really weird and not a normal first date thing, but would you be willing to do an overnight? I'll make sure you have your own room this time. I'd never normally do this, but I figure you know me well enough to know I'm not a serial killer. I promise it'll make sense by the end of tomorrow night."

"I'm very curious now." I smiled. "I trust you, so sure, why not."

I don't think anyone's ever had a first date that lasted overnight like this, besides it ending in sex, of course. Which is not going to happen, I hope he doesn't think it is.

"Okay, good. I'm glad you have a little trust in me. I promise I don't expect anything to happen, it seriously just doesn't make sense to not stay the night."

I blushed. "Okay, good to know. Thanks."

We talked some more before getting to the ground floor.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked.

"No, it wasn't. Maybe I should make a habit of doing it regularly." I joked.

We left the building, I'm not sure how to say goodbye to him right now.

"Well, I'll text you in about an hour to confirm I'll pick you up at 8."

"Alright, sounds good." I said. "Have a goodnight, Nick. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Justin." He waved goodbye as I got in a taxi.

***

The next morning, I woke up at my usual time, 6:30, and got ready. After he confirmed the overnight plan last night, I packed a backpack with a change of clothes. He told me to bring jeans and shorts, not wanting me to guess where we're going. I had to plan for most weather, if I need to buy anything I can do that too, I guess.

Why am I so excited and also so nervous? It didn't hit me last night, but this is going to be at least 24 hours with Nick. It's different from a work trip, it's a date! It's personal stuff we're gonna be talking about! Oh my god, what if it goes bad?

No, he's funny, he's sweet. I don't think it'll be bad. All the talks we've had, they've been good. It's gotten easier talking to him the more I've gotten to know him.

A few minutes before 8, he knocked on my door. When I opened it, he looks so handsome in his jeans and polo shirt. "Good morning, Justin." He smiled, his hands in the front pocket of his jeans, showcasing his large biceps. "Ready to go?"

"Yup, where are we going?" I smirked as I stepped out of my apartment.

"You'll see." He laughed. I finished locking up before we headed down.

"At least tell me how long the drive is? I need to mentally prepare."

"It's only an hour drive at most. At least to the first destination."

He took my bag and put it in the trunk with his, then opened the passenger side door for me, which I find really charming.

About 45 minutes later, we pulled into what looked like a small airport. "What is this?" As I asked, we passed the small building that gave way to a tarmac. On the tarmac was a private jet. "Okay, what is that?"

"I told you it was less than an hour drive to our first destination. Next is about a 3 hour plane ride."

"You're kidding, right?" I laughed.

"Why don't you ask them?" He motioned to the security, pilot, and flight attendant. "C'mon, let's go."

We were swiftly ushered on to the plane and checked by security. Before I knew it, we were taking off.

"Nervous?" He asked, sensing my obvious anxiety as we took off.

"You know smaller jets are more likely to crash, right?"

"Yeah, but still a very small chance. It's safe, don't worry."

Once in the air, the flight attendant poured us each a glass of champagne. "Can you please remind me what city we are landing in, again?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, I am not at liberty to say, I've been informed it's a surprise." She responded.

I darted my eyes at Nick, who looked happy with himself. "Nice try, but gotta try harder than that, Park."

Stepping off the plane, I'm surprised at how warm it is for September. "Alright, so I want you to get the full experience, so we landed at a normal airport." We started heading toward the building.

I looked at the building and found the lettering. "Orlando?"

"Yup."

"Cool, what are we gonna do here?"

He looked at me with a confused face. Then he relaxed it before answering, "You shall see."

"Am I missing something?"

"A little, but it's okay. It's kinda funny."

Inside, he led the way through the building. Within 10 minutes, we were walking down a large, long hallway.

"So, I remember you saying you've never been to Disney World. I think you deserve to feel the magic, so here you go." He pointed to the end of the hall, where "Disney's Magical Express" was in big letters on the wall.

"Seriously?" I was shocked. "This is crazy!" I can't believe he remembered what I said a few weeks ago, and actually went this far. "You planned this all last night?"

"It took a while, but yeah. Sorry, I know it's an extremely extra first date, but I think you're worth it." He blushed while running his hand through his hair.

"It is extremely over the top, I definitely don't deserve this."

"I think you do."

"You probably say that to all the men you date." I shrugged him off.

"Actually, no. Believe it or not, this is not a normal date with me. I've never been here with a date before, not even the two serious relationships I've had."

We reached the check-in area, eventually getting onto a bus. While we waited to leave, I resumed our conversation. "So, how long were your serious relationships?"

"First one about a year and second two years. They just didn't work out...or cheated."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's in the past." He shrugged. "What about you? Any serious relationships?"

"Nope, I've actually never really dated before."

"Really?"

"Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, I've always focused on school and work. I've never been in a relationship, never been on a date actually. And I'm not into the hookup thing, never actually kissed anyone before." I can't believe I just revealed that to him. Is that a first date conversation?! I don't know!

He looked surprised. "Wow, that's..."

"Sorry, that's probably too much to talk about on a first date. And I know it's weird and..." I didn't know what else to say.

"No, no, I appreciate you telling me. It's not a weird thing at all, it's not bad, it's not wrong. Everyone's on their own path, so what if you're new to dating."

I sighed. "That's kind of you to say."

"Seriously, it's good I know. Because now I know I need to make sure our first kiss is even more magical... assuming you want to kiss me." His head against the headrest, he looked me in the eyes.

I blushed, unable to figure out what to do, I just turned to look away.

He grabbed my hand, covering mine with his. "We can take this as slow as you want and need And if it doesn't work out after this, that's fine. I'm still very glad I asked you out.

"I'm glad you did, too." I smiled.

The next few hours were a complete whirlwind. We dropped our bags off in our beautiful hotel rooms, then quickly headed over to Magic Kingdom. The food, the buildings, the castle, everything is insanely wonderful.

He led the way from one cool ride to the next, making small stops for eating snacks and taking photos. "I booked us in for dinner at our hotel at 8:30, so we can watch the fireworks before we head out."

"Do we need to eat a full meal? It's so fun here!" I grinned playfully.

"I can't let you starve, and I promise, we are far from done exploring. Trust me."

"Okay." I nodded.

I'm having a really good time with Nick. It's nice getting to have fun with him and see a more playful side, rather than the serious one I see so often at work.

What really got me was the many people recognizing him and the few brave ones that asked for photos. Nick warned me it would probably happen, and that he always says yes to be nice and stuff, but that it is nothing against the people he is with. It's just a part of his life. It's funny, he's a little bit of a celebrity but isn't a normal celebrity in the sense of being an actor or musician. He's just known for his company and personal life.

He brought me to what he claims is the best spot to watch the fireworks. It's a somewhat hidden and overlooked area, off to the right a little and behind some rocks that have a perfect opening to view the castle.

The fireworks started and I just stared up at the sky, admiring the beautiful bursts and explosions of color. I felt my face go numb from smiling and my neck hurt from looking up. I looked over at Nick, he's already looking over at me. "They're beautiful." I said.

"They are." He smiled at me.

When the show was over, we followed the crowds out of the park, heading back to the hotel. The restaurant gave us a great view of the castle, lit up in a changing colors of blue, pink, and purple.

We ordered food and then started talking some more. We've spent the day having fun, it's nice to get back to getting to know each other better.

"Okay, here's a first date type question for you: If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?" I asked.

"Hmm." He thought. "I always change my mind on this, but right now I'd have to go with mind reading."

"Why is that?"

"I feel like it'd be nice to see the same thing from another person's perspective." He answered. Dang, that's a good answer. "What about you? What would you choose?"

"I'd have to go with invisibility. Because look at how helpful it was for Harry Potter, I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to witness anything you want without being noticed?"

He leaned his arms on the table, leaning in closer. "That's too bad, it'd be a shame to hide that smile."

I blushed, shaking my head.

"Okay, okay, yes that was cheesy, but I stand by it." He laughed.

"Thank you."

Once dinner was over, we headed back to the main building, where our rooms are. He led the way to the elevators, getting inside he pushed the button for the second floor. "Aren't we on 4?" I asked.

"We're not going back to the rooms just yet."

"It's 10:30, the parks are closed, what are we gonna do?" I asked.

"You'll see." He smirked as the doors opened and we stepped into the hallway.

We soon boarded the monorail again, heading towards the park. There's still quite a few people on the monorail, probably heading back to their hotels from dinner and whatnot.

Reaching the Magic Kingdom stop, Nick stood up. "Okay, let's get off." He said. I followed him off, walking down the ramp towards the park entrance.

"It's so nice out tonight, are we going for a walk?"

"Yeah, Disney World at night is a beautiful thing, you need to see it."

I looked out into the lagoon, admiring the striking beauty of each hotel on the water, their lights shining down and reflecting on the dark blue, almost black water.

Nearing the entrance, Nick spoke. "You know what? A night walk outside the park is great and all, but I think we can do better."

"Should we run?" I joked.

"No, we should enjoy the park some more." He turned to his left, walking straight towards the entrance. He turned around and asked me, "You coming' or what?"

"It's closed, we have to come back tomorrow."

He put his hands in his shorts pockets and shrugged his shoulders. "It's closed to the public. It's not closed for a special first time visitor."