Rome rules - Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Astrid was separated from Arnulf and taken to a small windowless room, actually a cubiculum, but clean and with a straw mattress in one corner. She was secured by one ankle to a chain attached to the wall. Astrid was so exhausted after the long journey and all the events of the day that she almost immediately fell deeply asleep, slumped on the straw.

She spent several days locked up in that cell. Three times a day, at mealtime, a eunuch slave brought her a jug of water, a plate of beans, a chunk of bread, and an apple. Simple food, but not spoiled, and gradually Astrid, sleeping and eating, regained the strength she had consumed during the long journey.

Then, one afternoon, the door of her room finally swung open, and a tall Ethiopian maid entered. Astrid stared at her for a moment, surprised, she had never seen a person of color so up close before. She seemed young, about her age. She looked in amazement at her curly hair, her dark and shiny skin, those full and fleshy lips, that snub nose, and the accentuated curves of her hips.

"I am Karibé, Donna Lucilla wants to see you, she has charged me with preparing you. Quick, undress."

Astrid was not used to obeying, but something in the sweet and submissive tone of that woman induced her to obey. She turned to the wall, and then let the tunic she was wearing slide off her, modestly covering her small breasts with an arm. She felt the Ethiopian woman approach her back, and then felt her hands begin to gently rub her back with a damp towel.

Astrid realized she was being cleaned: "Stop, I'll do it myself..." Astrid took the damp rag from the Ethiopian woman's hands, and began to clean herself of the dust that had accumulated on her, on her sweaty skin, during those days. As much as she continued to stay turned towards the wall, she continued to feel the girl's eyes on her, and it was beginning to annoy her.

"You're perfect, she'll love you very much..." Karibé murmured suddenly.

Astrid looked at her, and did not like the strange look she read in her eyes. She preferred to change the subject.

"Are you a slave too?"

"Oh yes, for so many years now that I don't even remember the taste of freedom... I was captured by the Nubians when I was still a child, and sold to the Romans in the port of Alexandria. But Donna Lucilla is such a good mistress that sometimes I even forget I'm a slave..."

Astrid did not understand how a woman could accept such a humiliating existence as that of a slave so serenely.

"And have you never tried to escape?"

The woman burst out laughing: "To escape? I don't remember, maybe at the beginning, a couple of times, but it was all useless... You want to escape, don't you? Ahahahaha, forget it, it's impossible to leave Rome. And anyway, in a few days, you might have already changed your mind, you'll see..."

"I don't understand, what are you insinuating? My people are proud and free, they don't accept masters! And I am a princess among my people, the wife of a chief, no matter what they do to me, I will never kneel before the Romans! I would rather die!"

Karibé let out another little laugh: "Of course, of course, they all say that at the beginning... then they meet Donna Lucilla... come on, enough talk, soon you'll meet Donna Lucilla and then you'll start thinking differently... let's hurry now, we're already late. Put this on, quick!"

She handed her a clean tunic, similar to the one she was wearing before, but shorter, leaving her legs exposed from mid-thigh down, and with a v-neckline at the front. Astrid wasn't used to wearing such light clothing, she felt almost naked, and only reluctantly followed Karibé out of the room and down the corridor.

They were passing in front of the kitchens, a large and smoky room that smelled of roast, when they ran into Arnulf. He was accompanied by another slave, a Gaul judging by his appearance, and was carrying a heavy sack of potatoes on his shoulders. He looked up just in time to catch sight of Astrid, and immediately put the sack down to run over to her.

He spoke quickly, in the dialect of their land, certainly incomprehensible to anyone in that room other than the two of them.

"Astrid, my lady, finally I see you and know that you're okay! I was so anxious! What luck, I really needed to talk to you, but quickly, they won't let me talk for long, even this little break in my duties will probably cost me dearly, ten lashes probably, but it doesn't matter, I must inform you! A group of Berber slaves is organizing an escape, and I've joined them! The risks and uncertainties are many, but the group is determined and we have an excellent plan, we're organizing everything down to the smallest detail! I predict that we'll be ready to escape in less than a month. You must also escape with us, it's our best chance! As soon as we've defined the details of the escape better, I'll let you know, be ready! See you soon, my princess!"

Astrid didn't even have time to respond before Arnulf was abruptly taken away by two eunuch guards.

"What did he say to you?" Karibé asked, suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing important, he was just worried that I was okay. I told him not to worry, that I don't lack anything." Astrid had to make a great effort to lie naturally, since her heart was overflowing with joy at the thought of the imminent escape, and her imagination was already imagining the moment when Thorbrand would hold her tightly in his arms.

/-/-/

Karibé led her through the sumptuous palace, up to a closed door through which sounds of laughter and flutes filtered. Two eunuch slaves opened the doors, moving aside to let her enter.

The air in the room was heavy and spoiled by candle smoke, charged with the scent of incense, spices, and sweaty bodies. Some eunuchs lined up along the wall waved large banana leaf fans in a futile attempt to move the stagnant air in the room. Astrid immediately felt suffocated upon entering the room. Torches secured to the walls cast a soft, orange light all around, leaving large areas in shadow. The room was cluttered with tables laden with fruit and sweets, as well as goblets of wine and mead. In one corner, a girl played a harp accompanied by two boys playing Pan flutes. Except for the eunuch slaves, all other people in the room seemed to be girls. They were dressed like Astrid or even less, some were practically naked, wearing skimpy costumes that barely concealed their forms. The girls chased each other around the room, danced together, laughed and joked, and drank from goblets, spilling all over themselves... In all that chaos, Astrid noticed that they were not wearing chains; they seemed free. Yet it was obvious that they were slaves, one could easily tell from their physical features that they were not Roman, but came from the farthest corners of the Roman provinces. They were mostly young and pretty.

Astrid was pushed forward by Karibé, and only then did she notice that some low-backed beds, almost like sofas, were arranged at the back of the room, upon which lay what could only be wealthy Roman matrons. Astrid had heard that the Romans ate while reclining, and she had always considered it a clear sign of their decadence.

She had seen her only once, from a distance, yet Astrid did not doubt for a moment which of them was Donna Lucilla. Donna Lucilla was languidly reclining on a sumptuous bed in the center of four others. A colossal Nubian slave fanned a huge palm leaf over her, while a handmaid massaged her shoulders. She wore a rich purple tunic, bordered with gold embroidery. Now Astrid could finally observe her better, and was disturbed by something in her appearance, perhaps because Donna Lucilla was undeniably beautiful, exuding overflowing and genuine sensuality, yet so far from the standards of beauty of her people. She was a mature woman, yet her skin still seemed as smooth and clean as only an aristocrat could possess. She had long, soft auburn hair framing a beautiful face, with high cheekbones and full, red lips. But perhaps it was her eyes that struck Astrid the most, dark green, deep, with an intelligent and mischievous look, and above all, a will of iron that was used to commanding. Donna Lucilla was certainly not one of those soft and weak Roman women, in her the indomitable spirit of the early Romans, those who had built the empire, was still strong. She seemed to have a full and shapely body, but not fat, although the tunic she wore did not reveal her form any better.

At her nod, a handmaid immediately handed her a cup of wine.

"Oh, Karibé, you finally brought me my new entertainment! Come on, beautiful barbarian princess, don't be afraid, I just want to get to know you." Karibé pushed Astrid forward, then leaned forward, and Astrid felt like she had brushed Donna Lucilla's lips with her own. She was deeply disturbed by that gesture, why would a woman kiss another woman? Much less a slave her mistress... There were no such abominations among her people! But no, she must have been mistaken, she hadn't seen well, too distracted by all the swirling faces and sounds around her, and she wasn't sure if it had really been a kiss, probably Karibé had just whispered something in her mistress's ear.

"So, beautiful princess, what is your name?"

"Astrid..."

A sudden blow struck Astrid in the back, causing her to stagger.

"Astrid, MY LADY! Address your mistress with due respect!" The Nubian eunuch who had hit her with a whip behind her back ordered her. Despite the pain, Astrid lifted her head proudly, pointing it at Donna Lucilla. And remaining in fearless silence, as a sign of challenge.

Donna Lucilla clapped her hands violently: "Dongo, stop! I decide when someone disrespects me, don't ever dare to act on your own initiative again! You know I don't like violence... and then I understand her, poor thing, until yesterday she was a free princess, and now she's mine... she'll need some time to get used to it... and then I like indomitable spirits, there's more fun... don't worry, Astrid, my princess, as long as you obey me, you won't be harmed... and you will be obedient, won't you?"

Astrid spat on the ground. Dongo immediately looked at her with a murderous gaze, but was frozen by Donna Lucilla's sudden look.

"Never! Your gentle manners do not deceive me, I will never be a submissive slave, you can kill me if you want, but I will never kneel! We have just defeated you at Teutoburg, before long my people from the north will flood south and raze this filthy and depraved city to the ground!"

Donna Lucilla smiled amiably at her.

"Oh, how silly you are, young princess... but you will learn... Rome always win, at the end... as I will win you, soon or later, no matter how big your pride is... Look around you, princess, do you see slaves? Do you see whips, chains, cages? Doesn't it seem like all these girls are having fun? I guarantee you, none of them is forced to stay. After all, it's not my fault that wars exist in the world, I hate violence, I didn't make you a prisoner after all... I offer only good food, a safe refuge, clean clothes, parties, and entertainment... I offer a better life than most of them would have out there... and all I ask for in return is a little obedience... you'll see that with time it won't seem so unpleasant to bow your head..."

"Good food? I don't care about your clothes and lodging! I want to be the mistress of my life, embrace my husband again, and live in my land, not clean floors or cut onions for a lazy Roman woman!"

"Oh, girl, no one will ask you to clean floors or cut onions, I guarantee it... the services I ask for are of a completely different nature... much more pleasant in nature..." Donna Lucilla replied with a strange glint in her eyes, which for some reason sent shivers down Astrid's spine.

Astrid was confused now.

"I don't understand, what services are you talking about?"

Donna Lucilla sighed.

"Come on, Astrid, honey, sit here next to me for a moment and I'll answer your question... please..."

"My lady!" exclaimed Dongo, with an alarmed look.

"Calm down, Dongo, my trusted one. I'm sure our princess won't harm me...she's not an assassin, and I just want to see her up close..."

Donna Lucilla stared intensely at her, and for a moment, Astrid was caught in that deep gaze. Perhaps, if she was fast enough, she could have struck her with one of the knives that were resting on the drinks table...but what would it achieve? The room was too crowded, she would have been immediately recaptured and probably sold to an even worse owner...

However, since Donna Lucilla had asked her politely and not ordered her, Astrid stiffly sat on the bed next to Donna Lucilla, at the opposite end from her.

Donna Lucilla sat up on the bed, getting closer to her. As she did so, her figure became more apparent, and Astrid absent-mindedly noticed that Donna Lucilla had an incredibly ample chest. That detail struck her because women from her homeland normally had small, pointed breasts, while Donna Lucilla's, despite the tunic that partly hid it, appeared huge, heavy, and soft.

"Here, my darling, take a cup of wine, drink a sip, come on, you must be thirsty..."

In fact, she was thirsty, and after a moment of hesitation, Astrid took the cup that Donna Lucilla was offering her, taking a small sip. It was spiced wine, much more alcoholic than the beer from her homeland, it immediately made her head spin, and its sweet and aromatic taste nauseated her.

"You know, Astrid, I respect and admire your pride, really...I bought you for this...I want to offer you a deal...you see, it's not my policy to force my slaves into my service...I want content servants, not unhappy slaves...I usually offer a trial month, after which, if the girl wants to leave, she's free to do so...but I assure you that no one has left my service after the trial so far..."

It seemed impossible to Astrid that such an offer was being made to her. Would it really be enough to resist for a month and then be released? There must be a catch, for sure.

"Your chains, real or fake, will never imprison my spirit!"

Donna Lucilla smiled at her mischievously. "Oh, really? Are you so sure about that? You know, I'm rather good with chains..."

Astrid didn't quite understand what Donna Lucilla was alluding to with that ambiguous statement.

Donna Lucilla approached even closer and reached out a hand, weaving a lock of Astrid's long blonde hair between her fingers.

"So, what do you say, beautiful princess? It's only a month...you'll see, it won't be unpleasant to serve me...up close, you're even more beautiful...your skin is perfect, and the purity of your eyes...wonderful..."

Astrid pushed Donna Lucilla's hand away irritably. "And what kind of service are we talking about? You still haven't answered my question..."

"Decide first, will you be my slave for the next month? Take it or leave it, it's a very advantageous offer, I think...I guarantee you'll be released if you want to after a month of service..."

And since Astrid still hesitated, Donna Lucilla insisted, placing her hand on the fists Astrid was holding tightly in her lap.

"Go ahead my dear, I can be a very good mistress... demanding, yes, but I know how to make my slaves love me..."

Astrid didn't trust Donna Lucilla, but for the moment, it was the best chance of salvation she had, totally unexpected. And she would have fled with Arnulf even sooner if her plan had worked, she just had to hold on for a while. It was better to make her mistress believe that she would be obedient, so as not to arouse suspicion. So, she sighed resignedly, preparing herself for sacrifice and humiliation. Only the knowledge that she would soon see her Thorbrand again gave her the necessary strength.

"Okay..."

"Okay... what? You have to say it, my dear... I want to hear the words coming out of your sweet lips..."

"O-okay... m-my... m-mistress..."

Donna Lucilla clapped her hands for joy: "How nice!" she exclaimed. Donna Lucilla lay back on the couch again, took off her sandals, and then tickled Astrid's thigh with one foot.

"And now, why don't you massage my feet?"

For a moment, Astrid was tempted to get up from the cot, outraged by that humiliating request, but then she remembered their pact, that she had to try to pretend and wait patiently for the moment of escape, so she sighed and reluctantly took one of Donna Lucilla's feet in her hands and began to touch it awkwardly.

Despite the shame of having to massage someone's feet, Astrid had to admit that Donna Lucilla did have beautiful feet, small, well-made, clean and well-groomed, with perfectly cut nails. She had soft and warm skin, without calluses.

"Oh no, not like that, my dear, put more intensity, more passion... come on..."

But massaging someone else's feet just didn't come naturally to Astrid, let alone putting passion into it, so she continued to massage them rigidly.

Donna Lucilla sighed.

"Come on, Karibé, show her what I mean by passion..."

"Yes, my mistress... with pleasure..."

And saying so, Karibé moved behind Donna Lucilla, starting to massage her shoulders with passion. Donna Lucilla soon began to emit languid moans of pleasure. During the massage, Donna Lucilla's tunic had slightly opened, slipping down, so now the upper part of her enormous breasts was more clearly visible, and Astrid's eyes were inevitably drawn to curves so unusual to her eyes.

"Yes, good job, my dear Karibé, you have such skilled hands... I really taught you well... you know, I think I'll invite you to my rooms tonight, you've been serving me well lately..."

Karibé's eyes widened with joy.

"Really, my mistress? What an honor, it's been so long since the last time... I'll do whatever you ask, my mistress..."

"Oh, I have no doubt, my little one... and now come closer, let's show our naive princess how a slave properly honors her mistress..." and saying so, Donna Lucilla leaned her head back, sensuously pursing her lips, and Astrid first watched incredulously, then with horror, finally with disgust, as Karibé slowly leaned forward, joining her mouth with the red and voracious one of Donna Lucilla.

Astrid was completely shocked. She was watching two women kiss, with lust no less. Her brain refused to accept what her eyes were seeing. Among her people, such sexual aberrations did not exist, and homosexual love was taboo! Even displays of affection were strictly private, and kisses were mostly ritualistic, rarely having any passionate connotations, and always confined to the realm of marriage. For all these reasons, Astrid could not understand what was happening before her eyes.

"N-no! This is too much...! But what... I will never do something like this, forget it! I would rather die!"

"Oh, my dear, what is so terrible that it upsets you so much? It was just a kiss, a sweet, languid, lascivious kiss... is it really that terrible? Do you prefer to clean floors and cut onions? Come on, kiss me now..."

Astrid jumped to her feet.

"Never! You're crazy! You're a pervert! I will never let you corrupt me!"

"But it's too late, my princess... don't you remember, you have already consented... we have a deal... for a month, you are under my will..."

"Forget it, I told you, consider our deal canceled! I never imagined that the services you spoke of were of this kind... it's a shame, they're filthy, impure acts! I will never humiliate myself to this extent! I love and desire only my man, Thorbrand!"

"Well, my dear Astrid, I'm afraid you'll have to resign yourself... you know, on certain things, I am inflexible, and a deal is a deal... so, I'm afraid that with or without your consent, I will start your training..."

"W-what? I-I don't understand... b-but what...?"

Her head suddenly began to spin furiously, and her vision became blurred... she felt unsteady on her feet. Astrid looked alarmed at the cup of wine she had sipped, then looked up at Donna Lucilla.