Romeo and Juliet (retold)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged." Romeo gazed for the first time into Juliet's eyes.

Juliet smiled and leaved forward "then have my lips the sin that they have took.

Before Mecucio could move to stop him, Romeo and Juliet's lips met and they kissed gently.

Romeo, parted and took breathe "Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again."

Juliet laughed and met his eager lips with her finger. "Patience my Lord."

Mercucio seized Romeo's shoulder "Oh, you young fool cousin. Replace your mask now. We must retreat for we are undone!"

Suddenly, a hand reached in grabbing Juliet's wrist tightly. Panicked Juliet swung around and found her nurse glaring back at her.

"Oh, good nurse, you've found me."

"Madam, you may be hidden by that veil but did you think your nudity would conceal you from me? Me, who nursed you as an infant, clothed you daily, who has spanked you countless times all over, I know you well, Juliet."

Juliet's smiled sweetly at her "I didn't think you'd return to me tonight once I was in bed."

"Nearly didn't, Juliet. Your mother craves a word with you."

"Who is her mother? Romeo interjected.

"Her mother is the lady of the house, and a good lady, wise and virtuous too, I nurse her daughter."

Romeo could not believe his ears. "Is she a Capulet?"

"AWAY BE GONE." Mercucio yelled pulling Romeo into the crowd, across the dance floor towards the entrance. Romeo tried to look back only to see Juliet fleeing with the nurse out of sight.

The nurse quickly draped her gown across Juliet's chest and ushered through the servant's entrance and away. Finally reaching the security of the bedroom, they both collapsed on the bed breathless.

"We must be quick Madam, you mother is expecting you. I will not utter a word of tonight and I prey you won't."

Juliet sat upright on the bed but didn't feel compelled to dress. "Do you know why? I thought I was excluded from her event. Earlier, perhaps I would eagerly join her at her side but now, no. My thoughts are with that boy, such a gentle-man. Kind, funny, hopeless poet. But oh, so pretty. I want to think on him tonight and not be at my mother's beck and call." Juliet smiled dreamily, her fingers tracing her lips remembering their kiss.

"Oh. You must cast him from your mind. He does not exist to you anymore. Why, don't look so despairing. Your mother has good news. She wants to tell you in person but I feel I need to get your head away from that boy. You mother intends you to be married. Aye, for sure, it is agreed this night. To be Count Paris's bride this coming week. But Oh! I pray, do not tell I let slip and keep that surprised look for when your mother tells you now. Juliet?"

Juliet crumpled across the bed as she sobbed into her pillow.

"Why does she have to ruin everything? I won't. I can't. Paris, oh why Paris. Shame nurse, tell me it's not true. No. Tell me instead, who was that man tonight? You know don't you. I implore you to tell me?"

"He is the son and heir of old Tiberio." Nurse replied.

"Go ask his name: if he be married, my grave is likely to be my wedding bed." Juliet sobbed.

"His name is Romeo, and a Montague; the only son of your great enemy."

The news stunned the tears from Juliet. "My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, that I must love a loathed enemy."

"What's this? what's this - love him?" Nurse mocked.

"My only love. I must not let her ruin him for me. I will not marry Paris. Nurse, I beg of you please." Juliet got to her knees, her hands praying, her voice begging, "Go seek Romeo out, discover him and know his feelings for me."

The nurse's resolve melted away, she smiled and nodded to Juliet.

"Oh, thank you Nurse." Juliet lept up and embraced her, kissing her cheeks over and over."

Romeo quickly ducked behind a wall as the guards hurried past. Romeo stayed still and out of sight. He and Mercucio split up as they left the ballroom, he hoped he was doing better. Suddenly Romeo's hiding place was lit up. At first he thought a guard discovered him but no guard appeared. Romeo looked up at the balcony from where the light now shone.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!"

Juliet sighed, "O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Romeo crept silently until he was directly under the balcony listening intently.

"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man." With that she blushed and thought of tonight. Juliet had stood before him completely bare. She didn't feel embarrassed when his eyes fell across her body, she didn't feel she had to cover her flat chest or hide herself. She was enjoying it she now realizes. Feeling his eyes upon her and how she trembled at his gentle touch.

She thought some more and smiled again. She knew she felt him when he leaned into kiss her. Her hand glanced across and met with firm resistance. She couldn't make out from his consume but was convinced his manhood was aroused at seeing her. "oh, Romeo. Oh bother. Be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself."

Romeo could not contain himself any longer. "My name, angel, is hateful to myself, because it is an enemy to thee; had I it written, I would tear the word."

Juliet gasped in alarm "Art thou not Romeo and a Montague? Considering who thou art, If any of my kinsmen find thee here they will murder thee."

"But I have night's cloak to hide me from their sight; my life were better ended by their hate, than death prorogued, wanting of thy love." Romeo, feeling braver scaled the trellis until he reached the balcony edge mere inches from Juliet.

"O gentle Romeo, If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully: Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won, I'll frown and be perverse an say thee nay."

Romeo, gazed into her eyes and replied "Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear that tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops—

"Oh dear, no" Juliet interrupted smiling sweetly. "swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon, That monthly changes in her circled orb, lest that thy love prove likewise variable.

"Erm, but what shall I swear by?"

Juliet sighed, "Well do not swear at all then; Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self and I'll believe thee.

Romeo gave a little cough and said "If my heart's dear love—"

But before he could continue Juliet stopped him again. "oh dear. Well, do not swear: although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract tonight: It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden. Good night, good night! As sweet repose and rest come to thy heart as that within my breast!

Romeo looked confused and but didn't want to end the night like this "O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?"

Juliet, took a step back, the annoyance growing on her face "What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?"

Romeo, went crimson. He thought he'd lost her for good when he suddenly thought to say "The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine?"

Juliet sighed but smiled again at her young lover. "I can't invite you in silly. We would be discovered. I want to have you with me tonight, I do Romeo but we have to be patient."

"Alack!" Retorted Romeo disappointedly, "my lips beg to taste yours once more to satisfy their hunger. Would you oblige me with your sweet taste?"

Juliet, looked back into the room to check if they were still undiscovered. With a little giggle, Juliet shrugged off her gown once more letting it fall to the ground. Romeo's eyes went wide taking in once more the full beauty of his lover.

Romeo leaned in expecting Juliet to grace him with another kiss but instead Juliet placed her hand against her crotch, she traced her fingers around her lips parting as she did. She dipped her finger deep beneath the surface and carefully withdrew it again. Romeo, clung onto the trellis tightly but enraptured as she offered her finger, placing it against his lips.

Nervously, he opened his mouth and took in her finger. His senses exploded as her scent filled his head and the sweet juices mixed in his mouth as he began to suck her finger.

Juliet withdrew her finger quickly, Romeo lurching forward awkwardly. "There, be satisfied with a taste of my lips." She smiled lovingly at her young suitor. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."

Suddenly from within her nurse calls. "Go now, I hear some noise within; dear love, adieu! Anon, good nurse!"

"Good night, my Juliet. I am afeard. Being in night, all this is but a dream, too flattering-sweet to be substantial."

Juliet laughed moving back towards her room "A thousand times good night!."

Romeo watched as she disappeared out of sight "Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

Romeo descended the trellis and crept back to the shadows of the walls fleeing into the night.

End

12