Rosa and Mind Reading

Story Info
A serious accident leads to mind reading a life changes.
6.4k words
4.66
4.1k
7
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EOUL
EOUL
226 Followers

I can read minds and you all will probably say bullshit. Why not, I did. But it really sucked in the beginning. People are mean, and that's the filtered version that leaves their mouths. What they think is so much worse.

After being t-boned by a dump truck, I was put into a coma for two weeks while they tried to relieve the pressure on my brain. Fortunately, I do not remember the accident. All I can remember is driving to work one rainy morning and then waking up in a hospital, my leg in traction, having difficulty breathing and what sounded like a riot going on in my head.

It was difficult listening to the doctors with all the noise going on. I kept asking them if they could calm the noise down and they blamed it on the severe concussion I had incurred during the accident. It was quieter at night, a welcome reprieve from the torment I had to live through during the day. The hospital staff was finding it annoying that I kept asking them what they said because the answer was, they didn't say anything.

The first clue that I was blessed with this curse occurred with a night nurse. It was late, most other patients were sleeping and I could have sworn she said, "I am surprised they could find a catheter this small; they must have gotten it from the children's wing."

But her lips never moved.

So, I said, in a joking manner, "I am surprised you could find one so small, what did you do, raid the children's wing."

The look on her face was priceless. She turned cherry apple red and began muttering something.

The second clue came from a woman I had been dating for a couple of months when I had the accident. She was very compassionate during the first couple of weeks and that started to fade. Instead of compassion, her thoughts turned to hate, hating me for being in the hospital, hating herself for getting involved with such a loser and dreading the day when I got out and she would be seen with a cripple. Along with the nurse thinking my dick was small, it was just one more depressing event on top of a near fatal event.

It may have been mean of me, but on her next visit I said, "We should end this. I appreciate you coming to see me, but we were never that close to begin with. The doctors said they're doing surgery on the leg tomorrow and it is unlikely that I'll ever be able to walk without a cane. I don't want you to have to be seen with a cripple."

The look of shock on her face was priceless. She began crying, not because I was ending our relationship, but because she realized how shallow she was or something like that. There was so much going on in her head it was difficult to sort through it all.

The leg surgery was another body punch. The doctor came in while I was in recovery and gave me a rosy prognosis on how the surgery went. In his head he was thinking my leg and mostly my knee were a complete mess, and I was likely going to need a walker for the rest of my life.

I went back to work in a wheelchair for the first couple of weeks. Those were the most depressing weeks of my life. Most of the men were truly compassionate, thankful it was me and not them. But the women were horrible. One woman thought I was the biggest loser in the office before the accident and the gene pool would be better off if I just offed myself. None of the women thought anything nice about me. According to them, I had no taste in clothes, was already sporting a beer belly, smelled and couldn't carry on a conversation without looking at their tits.

My boss was even worse. He always had nice things to say about me during my performance evaluation but inside he thought I was the worst performer in the group, my problem-solving skills sucked, and he dreaded assigning me to anything complex. He hoped for a corporate downsizing so he could get rid of me.

Dealing with my best friend was very painful. We weren't going out drinking anymore but he would come over with some beer and we would watch a game. I was learning how to filter more and more of people's thoughts, but I learned how to "drop in" as I called it. I dropped in on my friend while watching the game and was devastated. He considered me a dweeb and the only reason he began hanging out with me was so if we trying to pick up girls, the prettier one would choose him. Now he was stuck sitting in my shitty apartment, watching a shitty TV when he could be out meeting girls.

Life sucked. It wasn't that the women in my world hated me, they despised me. I had broken up with my girlfriend and stopped taking my buddy's calls. The leg surgery left me in almost constant pain and all they would give me is Tylenol. Also, wheelchairs suck. It is almost impossible to get around without hurting somebody, because they are not looking down.

Knowing what people thought about me was a curse and I began contemplating suicide as a more horrific thought came to me: what if what they thought was reality and not some petty "I'm better that you" bullshit. What if I did smell and had no taste in clothes? Was I frequently looking at a woman's tits while talking to them? When was the last time I actually looked at a mirror before I went out?

My life before the accident wasn't paradise either. I knew I was never considered for any of the more worthwhile projects at work. My dating life sucked and I tended to date women who fucked instead of someone I really liked. My few friends outside of work were just excuses to get out of the shitty apartment I lived in. Even my car was a piece of shit.

Instead of suicide, I decided to make that a "Plan B" and pursue a personal makeover as "Plan A."

I threw my energy into rehab and was quickly able to transition from the wheelchair to a cane. Not ideal, but at least I wouldn't be taking out anymore kneecaps or shins. While in rehab, I started working off my belly which had gotten bigger while I was an invalid. I wasn't very physically active before the accident but sitting in a wheelchair wasn't helping. There was even some muscle definition returning to my chest and arms.

Since I wasn't going out, I had more money to spend on clothing which was something I never thought about. I began noticing what women thought about how other men were dressed. Whether it was on the train to work, at the coffee shop or in the office, I could hear women admiring what they considered well-dressed men.

Once a week I would pick up a new shirt, or slacks or shoes or a suit. I completely turned over my wardrobe.

Now I did not hear women despising me was good, but I did not hear any woman have any kind of thoughts about me at all. It was like I no longer existed.

The harder part was changing my boss's opinion of me. It took a while, but we would be in a group meeting trying to solve a problem and I could see a solution gelling in his head, and I would beat him to it. Most of my ideas would have been his and began to admire my problem-solving abilities. I did have my own ideas and would interject those after I had put his idea out to the group. He began to respect my ideas as much as the ones I stole from him.

The third part of my makeover was suing the living shit out of everybody involved in the accident that nearly killed me. I hired a junk yard lawyer and insisted I sit in on every meeting. The lawyer representing the trucking company was the easiest mark. They knew the driver had an alcohol problem, had already worked too many hours and the truck needed brakes. I also knew what it was going to cost them if we went to trial. I refused the first three settlements they offered to the dismay of my attorney. I also made sure I made heavy use of my cane and exaggerated my limp at those meetings. In reality the cane was just a safety measure by then. The final settlement amazed my attorney. Although I would still have to work, I had no worries about retirement and could afford a new car, nothing extravagant.

And I bought a sailboat. Nothing too crazy, big enough to take to deep ocean but small enough I could handle by myself. A cabin, small kitchen, bathroom, plus a motor to get in and out of port. They called it a power-sail, I called it heaven. It even had solar arrays and a battery system to run the refrigerator. I spent more and more time on the boat.

And that was another advantage of mind reading, whether buying a boat or a car, I knew what the seller's real bottom line was and how firm that line was.

You might be wondering what this new talent did for my love life. It did nothing in the beginning. Now that I knew women laughing at me wasn't just my paranoia, I didn't have the courage to ask a woman out. Eventually I realized that I didn't have to get shot down ever again. All I had to do was "drop in" on a woman I was talking to find out if she had any interest. It's a real gut punch when you're talking to a woman who is all smiles on the outside and realize she's praying for someone to come and rescue her from me.

There were some women who were willing to go out to dinner with me. I could just "drop in" during the meal and know what she was thinking. At the end of the meal, I would suggest taking her home, where I knew she wanted to be, or going for a cup of coffee. Almost always I ended up taking her home.

The one exception was Rosa. We met in a coffee shop where we always bumped into each other. She literally bumped into me one day spilling her latte on my slacks and shoes. It became a running joke between us with Rosa telling me she owed me for the dry-cleaning bill. Without dropping in, I said I'll settle for dinner which she accepted.

Dinner was pleasant, I found out she worked in the building next to mine, we were both accountants and had taken the CPA exam at the same place and time. I didn't want to but as the meal ended, I felt a darkness come over her, so I "dropped in." I was extremely disappointed and as we left the restaurant, I suggested taking her home, where I knew she wanted to be, or going for a cup of coffee. Rosa asked me to take her home.

We pulled up in front of her house, Rosa quickly thanked me for dinner and started getting out of the car. Then she sat back down and closed the door.

"I am sorry," she said. "If you don't mind, I would like to take you up on that cup of coffee and I promise not to spill it on you."

Over coffee she said, "There is this pressure, maybe in my head, but if a guy takes you out to dinner you're obligated for sex. There's a big gap between liking a guy and wanting to jump in bed if you know what I mean."

"Thank you for taking a load off of my chest, I thought we were having a good time and just wanted a little more time with you."

We joked and laughed for an hour when she said it really was time for her to get home. Rosa snapped the check from me and paid our tab.

When she sat down in the car, she said she had one question, "You're a good-looking guy, good job, nice sense of humor, why aren't you in a relationship, or are you?"

"I am not. My last relationship ended about a year ago after I was almost killed in a car accident. At that time, I decided to reevaluate my life. I started focusing on things that would make my life better because you don't know how much time you have."

"Who ended the relationship?"

"I did, I knew she was looking for a way out. I'm pretty confident she was horrified about spending the next couple of months sitting in a hospital with me and then having to deal with a cripple."

"That is some dark thinking, I thought I was bad. I know you're thinking, why is this good-looking girl, with a good job, and nice sense of humor not in a relationship, or is she. Well to answer your question I am not in a relationship. My last serious relationship faded a year ago. Since then, I never wanted to go out for a cup of coffee with the men I come across. They are always staring at my tits or ass, not that checking someone out is against the law. Hell, I do it. But there's more to me then tits and an ass. What color are my eyes."

"Blue," I said before even having chance to "drop in."

"Good answer," she said laughing.

As I stopped in front of her apartment building, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and started to get out of the car.

"Let me walk you to your door" I said. The smile left her lips. You didn't have to be a mind reader to know what she was thinking.

"I promise, just a walk to the door. My mother will haunt my dreams if I don't."

She smiled again. At her door I went to kiss her on the cheek, but she turned her head and my kiss landed on her lips.

"Instead of playing head games with who's going to call who. I just want to say I really enjoyed myself tonight and would like to see you again."

"How about dinner next week," she said. "But I'm paying"

And that dinner led to several others including lunches when our schedules permitted. Rosa was adamant about alternating who paid. Our kisses at her front door were becoming longer and longer. Fortunately, the weather was nice. I constantly forced myself not to "drop in." Maybe this relationship would turn into something more, and if so, would I have to reveal my mind reading capabilities? And if I did, would I have to come clean on how many times I read hers?

I invited her out on my boat. It was my favorite thing to do, and I could not picture a life with Rosa if she didn't like sailing. I assured her it wasn't some big fancy yacht, just a present to myself in my new life.

"How long will we be going out, what should I bring? I've never been on a sailboat before."

"We can go out for as long as you want. I can pick you up as early as possible on Saturday morning and we'll see if you like it. The boat is usually stocked with enough food and water to last a week although I've never been out that long. Someday maybe. Plus, we have work on Monday. The sun can get intense out there, so you may want to bring clothes to cover up with. Sometimes in the evening it gets chilly. If the weather is nice and the seas are calm, I like to jump in for a swim. There are places out there where the water is as clear as bath water."

"Okay," she said. "This is a test, isn't it?"

"Am I that transparent? Sailing is important to me, ever since the accident it has been a place of escape for me, even when I was still using the cane. It would be nice if it was an escape for both of us. In any healthy relation, both parties are entitled to their own likes and dislikes. More importantly, if you liked sailing, I would get to spend more time with you."

"Good answer."

We hit the dock as the sun was coming up. Rosa brought a bag big enough to carry a week's worth of clothes. I showed her where to store her gear and gave her a quick tour of the boat. And we headed out. It was going to be a beautiful day, enough wind to fill the sails but not enough to whip up the ocean. I was afraid she would get seasick as we passed the break, but she handled it well. That part between the harbor and ocean was usually the hardest spot as far as seasickness goes.

One of the upgrades I splurged on was a crude autopilot. It would generally keep the boat going straight but I never really trusted it all that well. On this day I trusted it long enough to make us some coffee. Once I poured us both a cup, I sat back at the wheel and Rosa sat next to me.

"It really is beautiful out here, I can see why you really like it," she said.

"Probably the smartest decision I ever made," I said. "I'm glad you like it."

"So, I passed the test," she said with a smile. "Let me ask you this Mr. Yachtsman, how many other women have you had out here, how many that failed the test."

I didn't have to drop in the realize that although she was laughing when she said it, there was a part of that was serious.

"Outside of the trainer I hired to teach me how to sail this thing, you are the first person, male or female, who has been out on the boat with me. Sailing has always been "me time" although I've only owned it for six months. You are the first person I ever wanted to share "me time" with."

A smile lit up her face and the look was priceless. I realized I could fall in love with that smile, maybe I was already in love with that smile. I also realized it had been years since I felt that way about anyone. She came over, sat in my lap and gave me a deep kiss, holding my face in her hands. I wanted to drop in to know if she was feeling the way I did but I was able to avoid it, helped by feeling the sails go slack and needing to get back to steering.

Rosa stayed on my lap as I regained control over the boat. While she sat there, I let her take the wheel and gave her the basics of steering. I don't think she was doing it on purpose but the way she was moving her ass on my lap was giving me an erection.

I said, "Excuse me Rosa, but uhmm, you're uhmm..."

"Giving you an erection, making you dick hard, putting some lead in your pencil? You think I don't feel that? What are you packing down there anyway, a cannon?"

She was laughing as she said it, but she didn't stop the gentle moving of her ass on my lap.

"You said we can go swimming out here, maybe we should jump in and cool you off, kinda like a cold shower," as she continued laughing.

I showed her where she could change into her swimsuit. I was already in mine. While she changed, I dropped the sales and threw out the anchor. I also attached a tether to my leg to keep the boat from drifting away. Rosa looked stunning in her swimsuit. Usually when we were out, she dressed conservatively but this suit was anything but conservative.

"That's not helping anything cool off," I said.

"You like," she asked?

She did a little spin showing that the backside of her bottoms left most of her ass exposed. Her top had little triangles over her tits leaving her nipples poking through.

"I bought this a while ago but never had the nerve to wear it in public. This isn't really public but you're still the first person to see me in it."

She reached up to me and gave me another deep kiss as she did so, she pressed her tits into my chest, and I could feel her rubbing them against me. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer.

"As I said, again you're not helping me cool off."

"What makes you think I want to cool you off? But show me how you get into the water from this yacht."

I showed her where the dive platform was on the back of the boat, and she jumped in. The cold water made her nipples even harder.

"Hey, my eyes are up here sailor, are you going to join me or sit there and gawk like a twelve-year-old?"

After throwing out a couple of tubes, I joined her in the water.

"You were right, it's as clear as bathwater. I can't believe I can see my feet like I was in a pool."

Our swim turned into kissing, and I let my hands run over her body, grabbing her ass. As Rosa wrapped her legs around me, I started rubbing her nipples through her top. She reached behind her and unhooked it and then tossed it onto the boat. She leaned back on her float, giving me unfettered access to her tits which I took advantage of sucking on one and then the other.

After a few minutes, she pulled me in for another kiss and said, "You're not helping me cool off."

"Who said I want you to cool off, but as the responsible adult, I recommend that you get a good layer of sunscreen. It would be a shame to see all this exposed skin sunburned. The sun out here is brutal."

"I like that plan, especially if you're applying the sunscreen, and making sure the parts of me that don't see a lot of sun are protected. Will you make sure all my whitest parts are protected?"

While she talked, she was rubbing her crotch against my cock. I was afraid of coming. I followed her back on the boat. I was behind her as she stepped onto the dive platform, and she wiggled her ass in my face. Back on board, Rosa laid face down on a towel and handed me a bottle of sunscreen. I started on her shoulders and worked my way down making sure her back was adequately protected. Then I started on her feet working my way up her legs. As I began applying sunscreen to her ass, I began pulling down her bikini bottoms, I was half expecting her to stop me but instead she lifted her ass up allowing me to slide them off her.

EOUL
EOUL
226 Followers
12