All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 28-31'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago
To bite a line from Star Wars, "I got a bad feeling about this",

While they are in there finding all that and Josh is with the suv, Charlotte is alone. If Maitea shows up she could recognize Charlotte and the operation is blown. Maitea could kill or kidnap her. She also could disappear and alert Luis. The plan could be fubar very fast.

Assuming nothing wrong happens, when they leave Gunny needs to remove that duct tape. It will have his print(s) on it. Giving away he'd been there and was alive. Luis could start spinning it as a setup, planting evidence to frame him.

They need to document his travel to possibly lock him to the close range shootings. Search the FBI personnel records for who is a qualified sniper and or who trains them in sniping. HRT team? (The return of Lon Horiuchi? Ok, maybe a bit too much reality. lol) Gunny might already know who. It could be one of those twisted things where he trained who ever is assisting Maitea with training or taking the harder shots for her.

Rose may need to bring her former boss, Lisa the White House Council, into the loop.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
Love it!

Great story, your writing is excellent along with the story line. Sex scenes are good too! Thank you for more chapters. I can’t wait for the next installments...hungry for more :-)

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

Yep this is going to go downhill quickly. My hunch is Luis uses this if caught to get the weres kicked out of the joint task force and takes sole command of it. Just too many things can go wrong here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hair?

In the third paragraph of Ch 30. Rose noted "they have hair and I don't. I felt the stubble on my head" yet at back door she put her hair in a ponytail? Gunny did not put on gloves before "duct taping" the motion sensor. Rather than YouTube, I think a better alternative would have been to call Black Kir [or Al?] via a scrambled intercontinental multi link burner phone call as to how to open safe.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Yep, that can easily happen with many causes. There was limited trust to begin with and a B&E of a superior's residence would easily be used break the 'team'. Only possible inside help then would be the previous friendships Rose and Melody had.

Anon,

I saw that too. Figured it was just a slip up but did have a chuckle picturing a big cat wearing a blond wig sneaking up to a house. :) As for cracking the safe, there are youtube vids on lock picking and breaking cheap safes so, as described, a cheap off the shelf junk safe wouldn't be hard enough to crack to require advanced help.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

Oddball there is a reason you should always get a old fashion combo safe. Those things are a bitch to pick quietly.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

A standard crook would just saw or torch cut right through the side or top quickly but they're there to snoop not steal. Sound doesn't appear to be a difficulty for this situation but i get your point. Anything that makes noise or slows someone down, mechanically picking a tumbler or figuring out a combination lock, increases the possibility of being caught if the safe or location it's in is actively protected.

On appearance it doesn't seem so, but a basic system on a residence would be a believable cover. They might be under observation, tiny cameras can hide anywhere. If something like that is the case they could end up with a fed force swooping down on them or on Renee's pack and everyone there later. Trump up an espionage charge and they could lock them all up. Hard to prove your case against Luis when he has you locked up.

Now to wait for the next chapter............Come on..........Come on......... tonight darn it, tonight. :)

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Just woke up with another idea that stays closer to the story line. If they get caught in Hernandez's house or having been in (fingerprint on duct tape), they all could be framed for everything. Gunny being the sniper, Rose being the accomplice and both caught trying to plant evidence to frame poor Luis and Maitea. Ella could be drawn in as an active sniping accomplice. Then the rest of the Weres get cast in some sort of evil Were conspiracy. Something the press would eat up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How Feds can show they're committed to were-human peace

'Tis simple - add weres to hate crimes law, then let the punishment be justice as determined by the Alpha Council. This action could incentivize weres to trust the actions of the human government. In addition, it would be a deterrent for other humans to target weres solely because they're weres - as pack justice seems harsher than human justice. Otherwise, weres will continue to work around the system when they want were justice.

luv2read2

PS. Doubt Gunny and Rose would get caught, as Rose should be well aware of police procedures and would know what to do to avoid leaving incriminating evidence. Also would Gunny's fingerprints be on file anyway? Unless it's a military requirement, why would the govt have his fingerprints?

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Luv2,

I think that line between human and Were justice will not be easily managed. Much like international disputes along a border, a big load of politics will be involved. The fight would probably be in the extradition. Either violated side would want justice and to hold trial under their system with their penalties. It's working through the arresting side's legal system that is fight number one. That's where possession gives a side power. The packs may have to settle for whatever a jury decides in both guilt and punishment.

Gunny's prints? The feds keep dna records for remains identification it wouldn't be difficult to also keep prints on file as well. My thoughts on their getting caught was mostly because partwolf tends to have something bad happen after a good moment. Given the position and skills Luis has he likely won't be easily undone. So maybe his security wasn't as pathetically basic as believed? Something Josh may have overlooked or only catches a response before it arrives? If they are caught inside red handed, the better of my two ideas, it could turn the tables on them dramatically. Frame them, arrest all the other Weres on the task force and keep stirring a shit storm so nothing presented against him would be believed.

The alternate immediately bad turn would fall on Charlotte. If I'm not mistaken, she is on the street out front somewhere alone as a lookout? That makes her vulnerable if Luis or Maitea arrive and recognize her.

Let's say things keep working out alright for now. They get out undetected, are able to positively show Luis being hip deep in the crap and arrest him and Maitea. A jury trial may yield less than satisfactory results. Sympathy could minimize sentences for them. Maybe the court turns them both over for pack execution? That would be another point for partwolf to snatch vengeance from the jaws of victory. It was suggested (i forget who had the idea, my apologies) that Maitea end up the mate of a Were. A result all sides would find unacceptable. LOL Maitea would fight that pull, the packs/families would be torn like Renee's pack was during the war and we readers would likely have a story end with a "what the hell?" moment. But we could look forward to a drama filled tale titled "Maitea". :)

Now to continue waiting for an approved chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Charlotte's leg

Three days before Charlotte ran to Rose when she first saw her in cat form, she could not walk without crutches. Her healing rate was still human. PartWolf: in your were-universe, does were saliva accelerate human healing?

sweetone66sweetone66about 4 years ago
Hair in a pony tail?

Rose has stubble... she threw her wig into the car... how could she have pulled her hair into a pony tail and tied it with a scrunchy?

Love the story, and give it a 5 star and fav story in spite of some of the errors.

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501over 3 years ago

Fingerprints are a requirement for any level of security clearance. The lowest level is Confidential which only requires a fingerprint check through all databases. Military or civilian, the checks for a clearance are the same. So, yes, Gunny's prints are on file. Oh, and you have to get fingerprinted each time your clearance is renewed or you move up a level. Between college NROTC and 14 years active duty I was fingerprinted 8 times. My dad and I were getting Secret clearances at the same time so most of our family and friends got 2 FBI visits about a month apart. Lol

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Never noticed any errors as just enjoying the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 25-27 Previous Part
Rose Series Info