All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 42-45'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago
Another good one

I don't think Ross is going to like that at all. Cool that the Thurmont pack got another tie in

TektTektover 6 years ago
Wrong name useage

There is a large section were you use Rose in place of Lisa

swr47swr47over 6 years ago
New Story Line

I enjoy the story and plan to keep reading if you keep writing. Please do not consider this a criticism but a personal preference. I would have liked this chapter to be the start of a new story line as this is a natural place for a break to the new direction.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
Good continuation of the story

Agree with the other person, mentioned Rose often when it should be Lisa, also a reference to Renee on page 4 that should be Rose? It makes the story confusing, please keep the character names consistent. Reading the other chapters helps spot the error. Keep writing, love the story, the rest are details and semantics.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Naming errors caught and fixed

but it might be a few days before the updated chapters are swapped out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dewey, Dewitt and Howe

Is "Dewey, Dewitt and Howe law firm in Albuquerque" an homage to "Dewey, Cheetem and Howe" re; 'The Three Stooges', 'Car Talk' on NPR among others?

(Google for a full listing)

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

The law firm name is still humorous where ever it originated.

Something stated in this chapter as well as others is the desire to integrate Weres into law enforcement and the military. There could be some problems on that path.

Integration into the military would be good as far as the gov is concerned. Giving them more capable warriors. Another weapon in their arsenal.

How long could one be away from their pack/alpha before problems arise? Would it be dependent on one's pack rank/strength or just plain genetics?

Would they need to draft alphas as well? Organize their own 'military' packs?

Mass turn large amounts of the military? Hope some of those pop out alpha?

How do they retire or do they become permanent servants?

Were panthers, the only other Were in these stories, may end up the sought out ones. Using Kerr as an example, they can operate independently without need of an alpha. At least until they join a pack then that independence may be lost. Succeeding generations, more mixed with wolves, may lose that autonomy completely. Pure panthers may have the opposite problem. Limited time they could stand being around other cats or just plain disobedience.

Back to other story details.

Hopefully Josh can snoop through Hernandez's phone. Deleted texts can probably be recovered if not overwritten. Same with the burner phone if they can get their hands on it. That sim, if discovered, may be useful as well.

Lisa, despite her determination, is better off staying with her pack. It is a safe haven for now at least. Her presence could crash the investigation by drawing attention to it by LEO's searching for her.

Assistant AG Watson knew she had to go back for her unprotected car making him a possible suspect. The AG was very interested in the conspiracy idea. Could be nothing but maybe something. Both appointed positions so if either or both are with the Cell they're not at the core. Whoever the president told to send a car for Lisa also could be involved. Need more evidence to point fingers.

rewski84rewski84over 6 years ago
Unmated Males

I thought Ron Washington said (when he escorted Lisa towards the pack) that there were only 2 unmated males in the pack -- himself and alpha Ross, but Ross says otherwise when Lisa was getting dressed to meet the pack. Which is it?

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

rewski84,

I didn't see any unmated number given. Are Beta Ron and Alpha Ross the only two you were thinking of?

"My Alpha, the other unmated, we aren't giving up. Since the war ended we have been taking hunting trips to other Packs." - Ron

"My Pack has a lot of unmated males, and you are new here." - Ross

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Maybe if he said "and the other unmated" it would have been clearer?

rewski84rewski84about 6 years ago

OddBall68:

There's no difference if the word, "and" is in there or not. Ron still only refers to one other unmated male.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Some interesting comments here and some are deeply involved in the story and how it fits into the USA structures. Me, not so much due to ignorance but an thoroughly enjoying the journey. Wondered about Lisa but didn't expect her to find her mate so easily. Hope it works out and she wastes the Swamp Frogs, for a better term.

willieonewillieone10 months ago

Love it but Lisa didn't see Josh and his mate when she met with Rose. She never left the plane, after the meeting she left. Josh and co came back to the airport after that to get home to see the injured Gunny.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 37-41 Previous Part
Rose Series Info