All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 64-67'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 6 years ago
Good Story

I'm enjoying this story. I keep telling myself I'm going to wait and let several chapters get posted before reading as I am always ready for more when we get to the break. So far I've failed in that. It's a somewhat complicated tale with numerous important characters but I'm keeping up so far and if I can anyone can.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Now Joe's on the block for fatherhood. That could cause a problem when Linda finds out, I assume, after the end of Mystery Mate. Now we just have the mass arrests, pardons, Joe's jizz judgement, pack split, start of Gunny and Rose's alpha life and settling all the new Weres that have arrived and will arrive. As few as there likely are of some of the other species it's clearly in their interests to be pack or near friendly ones. That's something the alpha council could help with by declaring that all Were types have the same rights, responsibilities, freedoms and choices as wolf Weres as established by the alpha council after the war.

Wolfstock III is going to be more diverse i bet. Perhaps a name change would be in order? One from the original suggestions was Were Days which would fit. Another was Wolf Fest which could be changed to Were Fest. I'd avoid Were Con that could end up a circus even more than the loads of hopeful human groupies at the past ones. Though women wearing tails would be cute. lol :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I agree

I agree OddBall68, the old wolves on the Council need to include other species as well. And I think Rose would make a good new member to that Council. But, I can see some resistance to it coming. I’m hoping for a new series with the beginning of the new blended pack and all the growing pains and troubles it will bring. Please think about it PartWolf.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Partwolf hasn't ever described how the council was formed, the number of members etc. It appears a supervisory level organization best manned by elders. Now how many elders survived the war to be available for such a position? They can preside over trials and disputes to give all sides a voice and a hearing. A bit of a justice system.

He has had examples of alphas making group decisions with allies and what appears to be decisions made with majority approval of all known alphas. Such as the agreements reached in Wolfstock 1. They weren't unanimous and active support of those standards fall on individual alphas.

Lisa already has a vote being a Thurmont alpha while Rose and Gunny will have a say once their pack is formed. Linda and Joe will as well once the timeline completes Mystery Mate. Rose is the second of 3 mix packs known to the readers. It's yet to be seen which of the 3 Lunas will have the most Were cats in their packs. Currently it's Ella with Rose having potential numbers arriving with her recent fame. I think Ella's existence should still be obscured at this point in time despite all the activity. Lisa could serve the council as a political liaison to the human administration(s).

The as yet unknown Were cats collecting may have potential elders among them. We will have to see what partwolf creates. Going solely by age, Linda is the senior known born panther while Al is the senior (age wise) turned panther. He might be a good choice having a lifetime of experience with the government and it's darker areas.

On the mountain lion front, Charlie's mother is the oldest known at the moment though Charlie is clearly the current lead of his family and species.

There could be many stories, past present and future, with all the new characters. partwolf's Were world is ever growing. It would make a kick-ass movie franchise with many films.

partwolfpartwolfabout 6 years agoAuthor
The Alpha Council was formed out of Wolfstock

It was one of the initiatives Robert and Derek pushed through along with the laws about Pack membership and matings. As described in Beyond, the nation was divided into regions with elected members of the Council, most of whom were retired Alphas or Elders. They don't have power on their own, they mediate disputes and decisions can result in other Alphas being honor bound to enforce them.

Things will have to change as mixed packs and pure cat prides come out, no longer living in fear on the fringes. The hunting of cats will have to be stopped, and the cross-species matings are a big reason why that will happen. I'll go into a little more later about some of the hybrids, as Ella's children get older.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

ok this chapter is sometime after between the were wars and before my mystery mate. joe made that promise at the end of the last chapter.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Correct. Not sure the baby daddy idea would work well with him either. He better talk with her over a phone, radio or video link cause if he gets a whiff of her any objection may go out the window. Linda's cat may not be understanding when she finds out. Assuming he does 'donate'.

partwolf,

I'd forgot that and was just remembering the elders that were around during Ella's story and thinking that the council and all predated everything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
anon

in the case of black ker I don't think she has any room to complain about it if joe does donate. after all she has a daughter from somebody who she was not mated with. pot meet kettle in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tammy Kemper more than human?

In the last sentence Tammy did NOT say "...woman shift(ing) into a wolf". When Lisa shifted, did Tammy still see her as human, seeing 'through' her wolf? Might you be introducing someone with the power to see through shifters? I love it! When President Kemper asked Lisa "Is that all for them," Instead of saying "yes sir" I think she should of said "to the best of our knowledge, but there still could be others sir."

Thank you for your story/series. David

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
um no.

if his wife saw them from an upstairs window and lisa had shifted and left before his wife got outside then all she would have seen was a naked woman.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Tammy likely saw the shift and Were's wouldn't have been unknown to anyone so no surprise there. She probably just tracked down her husband and may not have seen Lisa clearly enough to recognize her. She also may have been jerking her husband's chain with the question.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 6 years ago
Hank! You Have Some Explaining to Do!

I love it, ending the chapter with a laugh. My other question is regarding this: "the younger children and the cat shifters not in the Pack yet are in the theater room watching a movie," please tell me they were not watching "The Lion King" for the 733rd time." I'm pretty sure my kids saw it at least that many times, it eventually became very painful for me, lol.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Loved the last para. Enjoyable read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 58-63 Previous Part
Rose Series Info