Rosie’s Stumbling Romance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You must have put an incredible amount of patient time into this?"

"Well yes," she found herself conceding.

"I really don't know much about art but I see quality in the bushwork that has produced such dynamic fleshtones with such excellent artistic rendering of light."

"Thank you," Rosie croked, wondering if he knew more about technique than she did.

And then the bubble burst. "I'll give you're a hundred bucks for it."

Chess caught the murderous look and said hastily, "Just joking."

Angrily she returned the painting to the cabinet and locked it.

"Perhaps I'm the only other person to have seen that work?"

Now whe was prepared to hug him for such a sensitive, intelligent comment.

"Nice pussy. Do you still shave?"

Rosie just sighed. It was either that or attempt to strangle the jerk.

As he was leaving and they kissed she pulled his hand to her right breast and smiled as he left his hand there passively. Then her eyes shot wide open as his other hand dipped under her skirt and slammed against her crotch and she felt his fingers pushing her panty into her slit.

Jesus.

He pulled away and said goodnight.

"Au revoir," she said hoarsley.

God he was almost too much for her.

* * *

Rosie's concern was if this were a romance it could only be a stumbling romance and she'd be discarded like an empty hamburger pack. At the same time she couldn't understand that thinking because it would be best for them both if she ended with Toy Boy right now.

Oh yes. Two reasons for stalling were she wished to have sex and further Chess was the only guy interested in dating her right now. Dating? Rosie smiled and thought no one ever said they were pairing for recreational sex.

Rosie was brushing her hair before going to bed and was thinking it had been a lovely evening and her mom was really taken by Toy... er by Chess. Her phone went.

"Hi sexy?"

"Are you sure you ought to be talking to an older woman like that?"

"I apologize and won't..."

"No it's very okay. Talk sexy to me as much as you wish."

"Rosie I was just flicking through the society's annual report to memorize names and faces of people on the panel tomorrow. Two things caught my attention."

"Oh really, is the society more active that what you had expected?"

"That could become the third point. No I noticed in the list of officers your mom is the society's patron. She didn't mention that."

"Well I suppose we are not a boastful family."

"Oh well parried because that also answers my next remark. You are listed as the society's honorary attorney."

There was silence.

"Rosie are you still there?"

"Yes I heard you say I'd answered that question in advance."

"Oh I see, spoken like an attorney. Why didn't you tell me you were an attorney?"

"You didn't ask me what I did for a living because you appeared focused on other things."

"Oh."

"Well have a very successful day with your auditioning tomorrow."

Rosie knew she could have named certain people he should heed but thought that would be unfair to less prominent actors hoping for the break-through.

She was ignoring him; she had to say something. "May I come to your hotel tomorrow night."

He joked, "What for, sex?"

"Yes."

She heard him suck in breath and she cut the connection.

Next day Rosie finished curling her hair and was about to wander to the kitchen to find a late afternoon snack when her phone went.

"Hi you indiscreet beauty who's inveigled a near stranger for sex."

She parried to cover her embarrassment. "Have you had a better offer?"

"Two and possibly a third is hovering with her offer but having sex with people who are auditioning is corrupt to the extreme my lovely. It's your body and your kisses I desire."

Rosie almost wet herself. The kid sounded if he'd had more sexual liaisons than she'd managed to chalk up.

"B-beautiful words," she partly stammered.

"It's all part of my seduction. I've felt like this ever since I saw your tits wobbling toward me on the bridge that first time we met. Then I caught a whiff of your sweat and saw the shape of the raised nipples and your overly pink cheeks, mirroring the demeanor of a freshly fucked woman. Do you think that's the real reason females run and hope to meet a prospective date when looking just like that?"

"I-I have no idea."

He laughed and said he wouldn't expect any woman to admit that was why they ran up a sweat.

"It's going well here but haven't found the actor to play Belinda Blair. I've begun thinking about you for the part."

"No way. I've retired. You must have missed your cue and overlooked the woman just right for the role. The one I have in mind is pushy and always demands an early audition believing early exposure leaves the best impression."

"No way, I'm too good for that."

"I'd have to disagree with that."

"Tell me who she is?"

"No."

"That's unhelpful Rosie."

"Read me the names of people you've yet to audition."

He did that and she smiled and said, "You have nothing to worry about."

"Then it's Bo Armstrong?"

She sighed. "Yes but how did you work that out? Bo is my best friend."

"Bo was down for early audition but called through to say her car wouldn't start. She asked to be rescheduled for early tomorrow."

"I didn't wish to recommend anyone to the disadvantage of others on the cusp of breaking through but with Bo there no one I know at the Playhouse will be as capable of being perfect for the part of Belinda."

"Have you seen the play?"

"No but I read the play twice and have seen the film clip of it in the society's library and of course read numerous critiques but all that was some time ago. It's just one of those farce's that is almost timeless."

"Indeed so. Come to room 117 at the Albion at 7:00. We'll have a drink and then go out to dinner."

"I have no wish to tire you."

"What I have in mind is the kind of tiredness that makes one sleep like a baby."

* * *

Rosie arrived hanging out for it. As Chess greeted her cheerfully and closed the door after they'd kissed, she seized him and rammed her tongue into his mouth.

"Oh ho-ho," he chuckled, as they pulled away to catch breath. "Baby wants it."

"Fuck me Chess," she whined. "We have been teasing ourselves for days."

She stepped back and removed her dress and kicked off her shoes and then pulled off her panties while Chess attended to her bra.

He lowered his head between her breasts and sucked noisily while she unbuckled him and dropped his trousers and briefs. He then showed a little inexperience by lifting her into his arms and almost crashed to the floor when he attempted to walk, hobbled by his trousers and briefs. Gamely he shuffled to the bed, red-faced in embarrassment plus exertion and dumped her and kicked off the stupid clothing.

Rosie showed maturity by smiling instead of belting him with a huge laugh and held out her arms in welcome and to smother him into a motherly hug. Their hands wandered freely.

Then judging the time to be appropriate, Rosie climbed on top and presented her freshly shaven pussy to be sucked and whatever. She grasped his dripping erection that would push to get to six inches long and wasn't particularly thick but she was happy with what she found and began licking and sucking.

Later they went straight into a doggy that was way too quick for Rosie's liking but he was done, exhausted, so she yawned and said she had better be off.

He yawned and said manfully, "If you stay for an hour I'll be ready to deliver anything you want."

"No darling you grab a hamburger and go to sleep and don't drink alcohol. You are at the end of a very intense day for you."

Rosie took a cab home and felt quiet dispirited. Her mom was watching TV and said she was waiting for the program to finish before phoning an order for Chinese take-outs.

"I'll have a shower and take you for your favorite restaurant," Rosie said. "We'll eat French but it's Saturday night so it's no use attempting to get a table much before 9:00."

While they were having dinner Brenda took a call and become very intense and Rosie wondered if it were the wife of one of her mom's 'afternoon men' calling and making accusations.

"No there is no one I can think of except... just a minute Verity."

Brenda said, "It's the society's new president Verity Donald. They are in a panic because they are getting the new show together and have just been advised that Susie Good fell when leaving a downtown bar this evening and broke her hip. They are attempting to find a new stage manager. Susie's brother Phil Fletcher from Midwest Bank is willing to fill in but needs an experienced person to coach him for two or three weeks. Will you consider...?"

"Yes mom, I'm prepared to coach. Tell Verity I was trained as a backup manager when I was in theater."

When the call ended her mom Brenda said she knew nothing about the new guy but he had amateur acting experience.

* * *

Rosie arrived at the theater next morning dressed in sneakers, jeans, a very tight bra and a silk cami for a top and her hair braided. She was in the awkward age for theater, neither young nor near young but not old enough to be bundled with the troupers and so she wished to look more than competitive with the few around her age who included Bo.

Bo saw her enter and theatrically yelled "Rosie" and they hugged and kissed as if not having seen one another for a year although they did have lunch together on Thursday.

"Bo Armstrong to the stage please," called Chess's assistant Mrs Rutland, who had half of her breasts showing in a ridiculously inadequate sundress that must have been borrowed from her much small sister.

"Hi Rosie," Chess called and caught up in the hum of theater with auditioning under way Rosie called, "You'll nail the part Bo." And then catching her indiscretion called, "What part are you pitching for?"

"Belinda," Bo called.

Adopting a falsetto, Bo squeaked theatrically, "I had promised the production designer I'd go to bed with him if I get the part but I found the PD is my father."

People listening fell about laughing and just when they were just about to settle Chess said into the microphone, "Does that complete your reading Miss Armstrong?" and the laughter burst forth again.

Verity Donald, wife of Malcolm Donald the managing partner in the law firm where Rosie was an attorney, floated over wearing what appeared to be ballet shoes and a cocktail dress, kissed and hugged Rosie and thanked her for helping out at such short notice and said she'd already told her husband of Rosie's loyalty to the Playhouse.

"He even recalled you are our honorary attorney."

"I hope Mal remembers that when they are looking for a full partner."

"Are you interested in becoming a full partner?"

"Yes and Verity surely you have noticed we have no female partners since the retirement of Jean Holman last year?"

"Omigod you are so right. Well come along, I'll take you to Phil Fletcher who incidentally is my favorite nephew but he was appointed as fill in before anyone here knew that."

Rosie mentally filed away that relationship.

"Phil ought to be out here being seen taking an active interest in the auditions."

"Oh yes indeed. Well we now have you to advise him darling. Phil darling, this is the gorgeous Rosie Fields."

Rosie felt her abdomen tighten as the curly blond guy looked at her and smiled, showing great teeth. Omigod, she thought. He's simply gorgeous and screamed if he wasn't married he was hers, er after she ended it with Chess. Only she didn't scream; that was just silent screaming a very private thought.

They shook hands and Verity said helpfully, "You both have several things in common including being the same age, single and being attorneys. Have a lovely day you two."

"You are an attorney?" Phil said in surprise.

Rosie said she had been about to ask him the same thing but of course realized regional offices of banks had their own legal personnel.

"I'm with your uncle's law firm and specialize in business law."

"Oh really? I must push some work your way."

"Are you permitted to do that?"

"Not really but I suppose I could say the only attorney in private practice I know intimately is Rosie Fields of Brandt, Donald and Klaus.

"Intimately?"

"Used loosely to mean I had a Playhouse association with you. Is that acceptable?"

"Yes but don't be afraid of pitching to have a more intimate relationship if that's your desire."

"Desire?"

Rosie smiled and said if she had to explain the meaning of that word she was unlikely to accept a date from him.

Phil laughed at looked at her thoughtfully.

"Well come on, you need to be taking an interest in auditions and making notes about points you notice about people being examined today because apart from Bo they are on second call and today will be given a part or declared an understudy or passed over. Bo wasn't able to audition yesterday but she will be given the part of Belinda."

He looked blank.

"You have read the script I take it?"

"Ah no. I was only thrown into this late yesterday."

"You could have asked for a script and read it last night?"

"Oh god, you're right. Oh another debit is I'm new to this city so scarcely know anyone associated with the Playhouse."

"Jesus."

"Um perhaps you..."

"No you keep the position and by the time final curtain call comes you'll know at least a couple of hundred new people and your sister will be very proud of you. During breaks between reads when the panelist deliberate I'll take you backstage to meet the chiefs of your various crews. I was told you have worked in theater and will have some idea of how a production runs. Then we pick up a whiteboard with the stage and backstage drawn on it..."

"I already have that ready."

"Good boy. That glimmer of initiative is appreciated. You must remember the director directs and you are boss of everything else and by that I mean everything else and that includes bossy Irene the wardrobe mistress and Mrs Wilks the catering manager. Those two think a show revolves around their departments but of course that is just shit."

"Shit?"

"Yes but I advise you not to use that word in describing the place of either of those women in this theater."

"Oh I won't and anyway that would only get you into the shit."

"Good boy. Now while we sit here and observe you must think back and dredge up everything you can think about theater because being able to think on the run when under intense pressure is essential to your role here. As I've already said, you direct everything but the actors."

"God fuck you Susie for landing me in this. Oh god, sorry for the F-word escaping."

They had only just sat and Rosie jumped to her feet and shouted, "How disgusting. Omigod I'm about to faint" and began to topple only to be caught by an alarmed Phil.

"Will you two over there behave and be quiet," Chess boomed through the sound system. "Great Scott, it's two senior officials causing the disturbance. Behave please or leave."

Rosie sat back in her seat giggling and whispered to Phil she had been known for her convincing portrayals.

"Then you weren't disgusted?"

"I sometimes use the F-word to really express myself," Rosie said, patting him on the cheek.

"Miss Fletcher, center stage please."

Bo came from the stage left and stood, ready to curtsy.

"Bo you are our unanimous choice for the part of Belinda Blair. It will be a key role under my planned direction. Congratulations. Your understudy will be Mrs Gwen Jones. Congratulations Gwen and understudy diligently because we'll run for ten nights plus the Saturday matinee and as we all know anything can happen and perhaps when we least expect it."

Everyone applauded and the two women curtsied (Bo's idea) to the director and his panel.

Chess called Amy Stone and declared she had the part of Brooke Ashton.

The 22-year-old Amy, fluttering her eyelids and pushing out her well-formed chest said, "Thank you for your confidence in me Chess. You have honored me and I will deliver whatever you expect from me."

That produced some giggling. Her understudy was announced and they others had their parts allocated.

During the mid-morning break Phil went behind stage with Rosie and taking him by the left hand she introduced him to the boss of each crew as well as to the formidable catering manager, Mrs Wilks.

"Oh hello you saucy young bitch, back again I see."

"Now look here Mrs Wilks...."

"Can it Phil. Mrs Wilks's bark is worse than her bite."

"Young man you be kind to my niece and don't get her pregnant unless that's what she wants."

"Niece?"

"Yes this woman with the unfortunate manner is my mother sister Kathryn Wilks. She doesn't like people she can't boss around."

"Sit a table three young man."

"Yes Mrs Wilks."

"God man where's your backbone," Rosie smiled, taking the acting stage manager's hand to lead him to table three. None of the tables displayed numbers.

Mid afternoon Rosie had coffee with Chess and he looked rather apprehensive.

"Rosie?" he said, not able to lock eyes.

"Something's come up has it? Well okay, tell me. I won't mind."

"Um it's Amy. She lives at home and has invited me to dinner with her family."

"Well I know her parents. They are theatrical people and will appreciate you being their guest to dinner."

"Um I think Amy wants a piece of me."

"Well good for Amy. Give her what she wants if that's how you feel," Rosie smiled, thinking Amy was almost petite and ought to be a good fit for Mr Director if they got round to sex."

"Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Of course not Chess. Look I have really enjoyed your company but really there is an age imbalance between us. What say we split right now? Phil appears to be showing a little interest in me."

"That will be only a one-show romance," Chess warned. "The theater world is renown for that."

"True but Phil and I are both attorneys and are single and are the same age. So who knows?"

"Well good luck." Chess said anxiously, looking across to where Amy was talking to a young guy. "Let's stay friends and oh thanks for being so understanding and cooperative about this."

"It's my pleasure, absolutely," Rosie smiled, almost quivering in excitement.

The bell went and the cast assembled for their first briefing. Rosie went over to grab Phil away from the lighting designer and property mistress who were haranguing him.

"Let's get a script for you and a copy of stage directions. We then need to compile a work plan," she said.

"Than god I have you," Phil said.

"Oh then if you're that appreciative are you taking me to dinner tonight?"

He looked doubtful. "I um I have a girlfriend."

"Well if you think that's an impediment..." Rosie said, tailing off. She knew she had to apply pressure because they appeared so well matched and she might not have another chance and he'd said girlfriend rather than fiancée.

He was busy thinking so she went into the stage manager's office and found Susie's copy of the supplied script but this one was properly designed for a stage manager.

"Rosie, I must ask you something."

"Yes go ahead."

"If I switch my allegiance will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes. Make the call now while I go and get our copy of the names and contact details of the cast from the director's assistant or at least find out when it will be ready. The director should be just about finished with his first meeting with the cast. We also need his schedule for rehearsals."

Rosie returned without the lists and Phil looked at her grinning.

"My girlfriend was out with a pal of my and when I told he I'd found someone else she didn't cry. She just laughed and said she could now have a more exciting social life, that I had been holding her back."

"God that's not complimentary of her."