All Comments on 'Royal Sentence Ch. 10-11'

by MProst

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Disappointing

Not much going on in this chapter. It would've been better posted as part of the previous chapter or the forthcoming chapter. As it is, kind of a waste of time to read. It feels unfinished as it is. Having the fulfillment of their marital duties included in this chapter would have made more sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absolutely wonderful!

Thank you for another beautifuly written chapter (albeit a little bit short...)

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Oooooo-kaaay ...

... that was a nice little teaser to let your faithful fans know you haven't forgotten us. Not as satisfying as a real chapter would have been, but as beggars we obviously can't be choosy. Thank you. I'm sure the next submission will be fabulous (and longer?).

MProstMProstover 5 years agoAuthor
To Anon

I agree but it had been a while and I write book chapters, which are between 1500 and 2500 words. Here you got about 3500 words. Literotica's pages are just abnormally long, I would get chapters out faster if I could put them here one by one, because I just don't have the time to write so many chapters in one go so often, and it's kind of discouraging to feel like you'll never be done.

But if I do people will find them ridiculously short and I'll get lower ratings (see ch.1), because of Literotica's unusual format. So there is no easy answer.

The wedding night's description is much longer than anticipated, because of the complexity of the situation and characters, and my manic need to make their actions plausible. I thought these chapters added much in term of setting the tone of the night and the mindset of the participants.

You'll find the next submission (pun intended) far more to your taste, I hope...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bubble Burst

Your writing reminds me of a large beautiful bubble about to burst! You have much potential. Don't let unconstructive criticism shy you away from becoming the talented writer that you have the potential to become ! I look forward to seeing much more from you. In all honesty; Literotica is just a stepping stone for you. You have the talent and the skill. Use it wisely. I very much look forward to reading more of your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

LOVE IT !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hoping!

I am hoping to not have to wait too long for your next chapter. :-) I am thoroughly enjoying your story. Let the would be detractors "eat cake."

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 5 years ago
Glad you’re back!

I agree with Anon-bubble burst. For you, literotica is a stepping stone and we are privileged to witness your unfolding. I’ve been here for years now and I have delighted in seeing some of my favorite literotica stories appear in print and in e-book. I expect the same for this story.

One literotica Page is roughly 5 pages in Word which isn’t much when in the context of a richly detailed novel length fiction. The trouble with incremental posting is that each posting has to contain enough plot movement to keep the reader involved. This means character building chapters can leave the reader disconnected from the story. So you’re doing the right thing, IMO, in making sure each submission contains enough plot movement regardless of the number of pages it takes to get there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW

What an enticing place to leave off.

I will be checking for updates daily!

Thanks for sharing your talent!

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
More Please.

Delighted with this story. So well written, absorbing characters, great historical context, and their developing relationship is like the slow opening of a Christmas present. Eagerly await more.

MProstMProstover 5 years agoAuthor
Good news

Ch.12-13 have been posted, should be up tomorrow or the day after. Plenty of horizontal action in these ones, wait for it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Its very sweet of him

The male lead is simply outstanding and too modern and logical and empathetic for his era. She is natural and feisty which is great. The gay king and his aid are in for free fun, like seriously, watch them have sex to verify consummation lol! Didnt they have anything else to do like run a kingdom or something, lol!

MProstMProstabout 4 years agoAuthor
To: last Anon

Just to point out: my hero is actually quite realistic for a 17th century French nobleman/courtier, according to historical records and literature from the era. It took serious knowledge of human nature and psychology to navigate the murky waters of court politics, and when they were not raping them, French nobles were all about wooing and pleasing ladies. In aristocratic families, it was common to put boys into the expert hands of house maids or courtesans as soon as they hit puberty, so that they would learn proper bedroom etiquette. In Roland's case, it's a Venetian courtesan. Two young nobles even competed over how many times they could pleasure their lady friends in one night, after taking a dose of a lethal aphrodisiac, despite knowing the consequences. They thought it was a great way to die.

Although Louis XIII of France did have a marked preference for male companions, there is no proof he ever had gay sex, but he sure never showed much interest for sex with women either. As for him watching a wedding night, it's a historical fact, the bride was his half sister and he was sitting on the mattress...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great chapter!

Love this story

Tess (uk)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story - and you just made me educate myself upon French justice before the revolution. I did know about Louis's marital undertakings, I was unaware of how underdeveloped the justice system still was (and therefore this story checking out better than I assumed).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

17th century wasn't medieval anymore, although the tag suggests so.

nthusiasticnthusiastic29 days ago

Welcome back! You have been missed. I’m sorry to hear your health has been providing you with challenges. Please don’t force yourself to write merely to satisfy your demanding fans. If however, writing gives you an opportunity to escape from painful realities, then by all means have at it! You have a deft touch at achieving the balance between today’s modern sensitivities and yesteryear’s fluid etiquette. It’s refreshing to enjoy an historical romance without wincing at inconsistencies and misconceptions. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. If such be your will, m’lady, please bestow upon us, your unworthy followers, more creations of your imagination.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous