All Comments on 'Running from a Distance'

by subtlekiss

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Quality

Beautifully constructed and written. This story deserves a far broader audience. Thank you.

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comment.

Thank you for your encouraging comment. It's always nice to receive feedback, good or bad, as it motivates me to be a better writer. My inspiration for this story was based on art and nature, something which I hold dear to in my life.

Upon a re-reading of it, I noticed that I had minor inconsistencies in the story. I apologize for these errors. I hope that it does not disrupt the reader's flow of reading.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017almost 6 years ago
Thank You

A beautiful story, very well written, thank you, all has been said in previous, postings that I might add. Very much appreciated by this reader.

NorthPacific

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Northpacific 2017.

Appreciate your words. I hope to be able to continue writing stories like these which give me joy :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful Story

Thank you so much Subtlekiss. Wonderful writing, as always the strength of the story is in the characters and the development of that very fragile thing which is their relationship. Very, very well done.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 6 years ago
Masterpiece

Your story makes me want to know more about you. Was this Autobiographical ? Your writing style is compelling and sweet. I hope there are many more ideas for your prose forthcoming.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful love story with me.

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you Richie

Thank you Richie. When I write, I do not think about myself as writing is a form of escapism for me. Yet, when I read back my writings, I realize that subconsciously elements in real life are intertwined. This story is not meant to be autobiographical, although I am as nutty and way more complex than the characters in it :)

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you Anonymous

I try to make the characters and relationship as real as possible. I just hope that I do not over-do it. I have the tendency to write to a point of saturation. Sometimes it gets too emotionally-charged when I re-read it some other more "sober" time.

I actually have a longer version of this story with 10,000 more words. It is more sentimental and mushy; written during a stormy night.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stunning

Everything about this story is beautiful and romantic. Thank You. I only wish it were

longer. You possess a deep and rare talent for pulling the reader in, and your dialogue is so realistic, as well as the characters' internal dialogue. I hope to read many more of your stories.

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you Anonymous :)

Your nice words made my day :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding Story

Wonderful story. Wish I had you human insight and command of words.

technofrog2002technofrog2002almost 6 years ago
Loved it!!

This painted such a beautiful story, kind of parallel to the paintings described in the story. It warned my heart and look forward to more entries.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 6 years ago
A true pleasure to read this!

Such a tender and enjoyable love story! Thanks!

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you very much

Thank you Arrowglass and Technofrog. I like stories which are heart-warming too.

FustZightFustZightalmost 6 years ago

If you're going to go for unusual sentence structure, you need to make sure it's understandable. Some of these had me guessing, and I lost the rhythm of my reading while I reread. For instance, on page 1, the phrase, "Agile on his side" still has me flummoxed. And there is a fine line between poetic writing and pretentiousness; this story seems to be on the point of teetering over and could do with being turned down a little, in my opinion at least.

Maybe you were trying out a style. I just looked at your other story. It seems more straight forward so I will try it. Keep experimenting, and good luck.

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you very much

Hi FustZight, Thank you for your constructive comments. I will try to improve my writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great read! But needs editing!!!

The less she said the more she felt but it was the total opposite from him, the more he said the less he felt - well that's kind of misleading coz they are exactly alike that way.

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Soulmate

It is refreshing to see love work between two people without all the affairs and divorce .

subtlekisssubtlekissalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you Fisherone.

Thank you for your comment. I enjoy writing romance :)

MaZeWMaZeWover 5 years ago

Wow, a beautiful romance. Absolutely beautiful.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you MaZeW

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my story. It warmed up my day, thank you.

RomComSnorlaxRomComSnorlaxover 5 years ago
Heartwarming

Thank you for making my day better with this beautiful story!

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you RomComSnorlax

My goal as a writer has always been to write stories which stay a little longer in the reader's mind, even for just a moment in time :)

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
Superb.

Your sensitive writing is like a flowing mountain stream. Thank you.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Horseman68

I thank you for your heart-warming comment on this cold, rainy day :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

That, just blew me away.

Your word magic had me totally enthralled, thank you.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you dear reader

From the depths of my heart, I am so glad that you enjoyed my story.

McMahonSMcMahonSabout 4 years ago
Unrealistic

Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine an English-speaking prince acting so honourably.

But that does not detract from the story that should be expanded to be your next novel.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 3 years ago

Intricately woven, like an old fragile tapestry. Not unlike the water lilies in my own ponds, the appearance of fragility belies the vibrancy and resilient strength of interwoven root system. Arissa’s depth of being is so contrasting to be believable. Thanks!

subtlekisssubtlekissover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the heartwarming comments. I have not been writing for some time now but I do hope to be able to do so again. Reading reader's comments always motivates me. To know that my stories have made an impact, hopefully for the better :) May they inspire and stay a little longer with you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersubtlekiss@subtlekiss
Writing stories have always been a passion of mine. I believe in a love which can heal; a love which can strengthen; and in a love which is desire and passion. When we open up our hearts to love, we see a colourful world of endless possibilities; peppered with everlasting joy....