All Comments on 'Running with Wolves Ch. 22'

by BlueWolfDancer4454

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Yay its finally out. I'm so excited. Great chapter. Love the story keep going as always patiently waiting for the next. Thank you

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 7 years ago

I love it and thank you so much for the long chapter, but what happened to Geraldine??

Also, I didn't get "I'll cede control of the family to Sol and Orion" from Dominic and Samantha's conversation. I wonder if that's really what Dom meant when he said they weren't leaving? (Maybe I'm parsing words, but isn't Dom an alpha, whether he wants to be or not?)

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 7 years ago
Yeah.. thats what i read geemeedee

All that miscommunication, I have that feeling too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not Impressed

When I saw a new chapter had been put up I was excited to see if the story had progressed but sadly I'm not happy. The only things that really happened was Sam and the twins. Also I just feel that everyone is going overboard with Day. It's not his fault that Penny is his destined and I hope to god that Dom and everyone tries to separate them so karma rains justice on their heads. Find myself really hating this story and characters right now

Littlecat76Littlecat76about 7 years ago
So happy to see an update

I disagree with anonymous I thought the story progressed nicely although it would have been nice to have a little more progress with the others not just Samantha. I do agree at no time did it feel like Dom was joining the 5 rivers pack and this assumption threw me a little, also the couple of sentences prior to the chapter commencing made no sense and actually took away from the story for me. There was some spelling and grammatical errors that also took away from the story line. All up though very happy to have an update on one of my favourite stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
loved it!

*sigh... - so good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Day and Penny-- It's like an arranged marriage, not pedophilia

I see Day and Penny like an old-fashioned English peerage arranged marriage where people of varying ages are betrothed. An older man/older boy would be betrothed to a young girl or child, but there wasn't anything sexual about it. They'd see each other over the years as the female grew up, to get to know one another a little as people in a platonic way, until she came of age.

If the author isn't intending to go with a molestation/inappropriate contact as a negative story line, then it can be handled like an arranged marriage. At least that's what I hope, because I really don't want to read about Day being a pedowolf and the ensuing drama.

Since shifters usually live hundreds of years and often have to wait decades or more for their mate to be born, wouldn't that mean that an adult shifter would have to wait for his mate to grow up like Day has to wait on Penny? Surely some paranormal author has addressed this issue before, right?

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 7 years ago
Day and Penny is still creepy, especially

with his comments about her being sexually mature at 13. Gross. It would have been a little different if he found her as a teenager and was waiting for her to come of age. He'd better treat her like a close friend and nothing more until she's 18.

I still kinda wish we hadn't lost all that time with Dominic. He and Misty are no further along. He's drawn to her but doesn't like her. What will happen to Flint if Dominic joins 5 rivers? He'll watch them be exiled? It's good to see Samantha's story progress but I still don't like or trust Storm and Thunder...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ended really strong

I was wondering if Dominic was finished growing. Looks like Misty has an Alpha-mate after all. Sam's segment was great too, especially the mating mark (for the love of god, let it be a mating mark).

Jarod's become a huge plot anchor. The best thing he could do for the story would be to die tragically in ch. 23

missindependencemissindependenceabout 7 years ago
Day and Penny

@Anonymous The English peerage and other ancient society marriages were the first thing that popped into my head too during this chapter. And yes, unfortunately I'm going to have to reference Twilight, Stephanie Meyer covers that topic a little with the relationship between Renesme and Jacob. Renesme being Bella & Edward's child (<5 yrs old) and Jacob is a werewolf of the same age as Bella (18-19 yrs old), if you're not familiar with the series.

@cantfightfate Before current day social norms, girls were married off around their preteen- teenage years. So Day's thinking is a few hundred years behind when it comes to sexual maturity, although his "research" tells him that 18 is the age kids become sexually mature. Another thing is that females can become pregnant shortly before and especially after their first period, plus it's not as uncommon as a lot of people think. 2nd and 3rd world countries still have girls becoming pregnant at an early age. It's a result of short life expectancies, where at 40-50 years you were considered really old.

missindependencemissindependenceabout 7 years ago

@Anonymous The English peerage and other ancient society marriages were the first thing that popped into my head too during this chapter. And yes, unfortunately I'm going to have to reference Twilight, Stephanie Meyer covers that topic a little with the relationship between Renesme and Jacob. Renesme being Bella & Edward's child and Jacob is a werewolf of the same age as Bella (18-19), if you're not familiar with the series.

missindependencemissindependenceabout 7 years ago
Day and Penny

@ cantfightfate Before current day social norms, girls were married off around their preteen- teenage years. So Day's thinking is a few hundred years behind when it comes to sexual maturity, although his "research" tells him that 18 is the age kids become sexually mature. Another thing is that females can become pregnant shortly before and especially after their first period, plus it's not as uncommon as a lot of people think. 2nd and 3rd world countries still have girls becoming pregnant at an early age. It's a result of short life expectancies, where at 40-50 years you were considered really old.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Duuuuuuuuuuuude

Thank you. Thank you so much. I missed your. The Sammy sex scene was perfect, way to go.

LadyPartsLadyPartsabout 7 years ago
Twighlight parallel is unfortunate

I have always liked this story from the first chapter you submitted and have left several comments that were positive. But this time my comments are meant to be constructive so they won't be too positive.

It doesn't make sense that if identifying a predestined mate is done by scent anyone could be identified as such at any time. Babies smell like babies, because their diet is milk (breast or formula). Children begin to develop an individual scent once their diet becomes individualized and it becomes stronger once adolescence hits...especially boys!! Holy cow that teenage boy smell is ugh...very strong! So Day scenting the baby just doesn't work within the parameters of the way you've set up this story. Also, you've described the Were's behavior after scenting a predestined mate as driven by strong instinct but not so strong that they couldn't moderate their behavior. So taking a baby out of her crib and away from her mother back to his own home or rooms would be a huge taboo that Day would have known not to break. Also, once he got home, why wouldn't his mother, immediately, insist the baby be taken back and wait for explanation and permission?

I think this is a conflict that could have been left out in order to get this story moving.

Eiditing, a must. Your creative use of 'to, two and too' interchangeably was incredibly distracting. This should have been the simplest of errors caught by you.

Dominic's return was meant to be a time of overwhelming confusion for him, I assume. Everything coming at him at once leaving him desperate for control because of trying to sort out all the conflicts and anger and guilt. You certainly conveyed his confusion well but it left me frustrated because it felt like too many things happening at once and none of the characters were even trying to make sense of any of the conflicts but just emoting without direction or thought. While that may be in character for some of them it wasn't for all of them. For instance Ben could have been slightly more helpful and slightly less angry. Day should have been more prepared to explain his unfortunate behavior; he had enough time and certainly enough people/Were's who should have helped him navigate interacting with humans and explain to them what neeeded to be explained. The poor kid got nowhere and they were all pretty mean to a clearly terrified young man/Were whatever. As a reader I felt like every character involved in that scene behaved in atypical ways that just didn't work for me. I think you should have had them progress that subplot a lot further before switching over to Samantha's story line.

Samantha's story line also didn't really progress. They finally had sex...but nothing was resolved from previous chapters and only more questions and conflicts were brought up.

This is what is difficult for you as a writer of this story with so many characters. Each chapter should move the story toward its conclusion with this chapter focusing on how they fell apart in Dominic's absence and a plan to bring them back together. But this forward movement was lost amidst the angst. I fear you're doing a DoctorWolf thing at this point. You're going off in so many directions and explaining so many details, that may or may not be important to the essential story that each chapter feels like 70% fluff and 30% forward movement and it is at this point the story loses its impact and compelling appeal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This Story Is Getting No Where

So far this story is going headfirst into a brick wall. Go back to focusing on Dominic PLEASE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
next chapter

when is the next chapter coming out

BlueWolfDancer4454BlueWolfDancer4454about 7 years agoAuthor
Next Chapter

The next chapter for RwW is in the works and almost finished. Don't give up on me yet! I know I fell into a lull plot wise but give me a chapter or two and I'll have my battering ram ready.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Chapter!!

Loved the chapter. Samantha and the twins story has lots of passion and emotion. Though I am enjoying your series, their storyline is by far my favourite. Please update soon 😀

trinkrazotrinkrazoabout 7 years ago
You got this.

Thank you for not orphaning this story. Fell in love with these characters a long time ago and keep checking in on them every couple of months. I know time is short and responsibilities list is longer and longer, so I am willing to be patient for my fix. Ignore all the poo pooers and shit heads out there who can't understand time restraints or writers block; you did a brave thing by putting your work out on display. Remember that they haven't, so until they put their money where their keyboard is ignore the trolls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You are the best.

I really love this story. I'm impressed you made it this far. Please take your time in finishing the next chapter. I know you're busy because everyone is, so just get to it when you have time. I'm curious about where we left Augustine before Dominic peaced out for three months. Continue keeping it amazing!

BlueWolfDancer4454BlueWolfDancer4454about 7 years agoAuthor
IT'S FINISHED!!

Chapter 23 is finished! Just doing final edits and it will be posted :) I promised a long time ago I would not abandon this story, it just may take a little longer to get them out, but I will finish this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous