All Comments on 'Rusty's Tale'

by Dextera

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Woof, Rusty is much more intelligent than most humans depicted in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nothing smarter then an a watchful dog.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 2 years ago

Definitely an interesting tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How do we explain the unfairness of the Human species against and among loyal friends?

Well, if a dog mates with his own bitch, all is well.

However, if a dog mates with another's bitch, he should be neutered.

Go figure, life is a lady dog!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Truly a dog's life. Easy 5/5

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

A sad story. The dog wasn't the only one that lost his balls at the end.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81over 2 years ago

Hahahaha!!!! This is so freaking brilliant! Well done; truly well done. A delightful and most refreshing form of telling a LV story! 5/5

JustloosenmrJustloosenmrover 2 years ago

Very well done, very clever

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Oh baloney.

One cuck story disguised as a pet perspective.

You don't pull that trick with me, author.

It is still a cuck story.

I hate cuck/whore/sharing/swinging/no consequences story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

we're at the place now that even the dog excepts that his owner is a cuckold and is happy about it....WHAT A WORLD!

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Certainly different, nice try for trying something new.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Love the animal perspective, hate the RAAC ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting.

Not the first of this type, but it was decent.

I know that the intention is to be minimalist, but a little more information might have gone a long way.

~Enkidu

icebreadicebreadover 2 years ago

This was different but i liked it, you do need an editor. i would be happy to have a look at anything new if that would help you.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 2 years ago

Great idea, fun story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story! I've always liked dogs, can't always say that about some people. Hope to see more from you. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

shopratshopratover 2 years ago

I liked this a lot, great job! Not a totally new idea but very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, insight from a pet's perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He should have kept just the dog and not the cheating wife.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Enjoyed it! As a dog lover, I think you got the dog POV pretty well. I would like to have had Jane kicked to the curb for cheating, but that only happens in a small minority of LW tales these days. I understand reconciliation is warranted in some circumstances, but this sounded like she just wanted a cheap thrill.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

I liked your story but...

For Rusty's part in starting a family, he got his balls cut off. Lucy is still could do her rutting though.

Maybe Lucy should go see the guy with the sharp stick and come home with a cone on her head. If john wanted to get his balls back, maybe Jane should have been made to wear a cone. As far as Paul goes, he'll get his own cone sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting effort.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

Kind of meh. Rusty obviously didn't know how John found out, so couldn't tell us.

\

"swatted me on the nose with a paper cylinder." - Rusty doesn't know what a newspaper is, but does know what a cylinder is?

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

After all, this story and the author shows us that the idiots are not going extinct. Neither in fantasy nor in reality.

This sentence even applies in the animal world!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would've been better if the dog mauled one or both of the cheaters, in the groin of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever & Creative

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

Gave a 3. I did like the perspective, but not the RAAC.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

4 out of 5.

If a dog can narrate an affair he can narrate a reasonable ending. Having a baby from a separate room (the last we heard where she was sleeping) seems impossible, if the child or pup, is supposed to have been conceived at home.

It's a gentleman's 4...;-)

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Damn good originality

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever

BriteaseBriteaseover 2 years ago

Definitely barking up the right tree.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

very amusing and well written

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Enjoyable, well written tale

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

Excellent! Innovative, well written, but confusing at times.

"Bitch" was an excellent tool, but it did get confusing.

Six stars for the truly different approach.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

While the idea was certainly original the fact that you made a cuck tale with a new take derailed any good will the idea itself created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You should specify what type of editor you're looking for: beta-reader, proof-reader, copy editor, line editor, or developmental editor. You can consider this comment to probably be somewhere between a beta-read and a developmental edit. I see this is your fifth submission here.

.

Five stars. This is not a five-star story, but I found this to be uncharacteristically imaginative and original for Literotica!

.

Also, I think that it's disgusting that you're taking so much idealistic heat in the comments. There seems to be a vitriolic group of people on Literotica these days who dedicate a lot of their spare time toward actually looking for ways to be offended by the stories posted here. It's sickening that they only read stories for the purpose of posting one-star ratings.

.

The main hook is very original, but I felt that the dog's point of view was anthropomorphized too much. This happened because you had things you wanted to say in your story but couldn't contextualize them in the way a dog would have. Yes, dogs are very perceptive, but they view relationships from the point of view of a pack, and pack hierarchy. Rusty obviously views John as the alpha of his pack. Things are a little more loose with dogs than with wolves, but female pack members generally have their own hierarchy within the pack, so Rusty would have viewed John and Jane as his pack's breeding pair. Jake would have been elevated in the hierarchy as a product of the breeding of the alphas. (Dogs are more fecund than wolves and jostle more for position within the hierarchy, but this seems to be largely the way it works.)

.

The story had a midpoint plot development. You don't see that very often around here! The story also had a climactic confrontation and resolution.

.

I like that you had Rusty ever vigilant about territorial markings. That's totally dog.

.

Regarding Paul, the members of other packs are automatically viewed with distrust and suspicion, and Rusty would almost always be on his guard until that member was accepted into the pack by the alpha and his position established. And even then, Paul's position in the hierarchy would not be clear when Paul is not present so there is almost always some level of competition in that case.

.

You buried the lede by not portraying the "inciting event" or "first plot point". I see what you were doing in that first interaction between Rusty and Lucy, trying to portray Paul as a player. Later when John left the house it was obviously -- well, obvious to me but by precious few others it seems -- because of something that was going on between Paul and Jane while Paul was there. You should have had Rusty's perspective in there both witnessing it and explaining what he noticed from his point of view. Remember that Paul is not part of the pack, so any attempt to usurp the pack's alpha position by initiating a mating with the alpha female would not have gone unchallenged by Rusty. In fact, you could have written it so that Rusty was the reason that John noticed anything at all; or had some other consequence which contributed to Rusty's character growth, like parking Rusty outside as punishment. It would have been nice to have seen Rusty involved a little more so that it was more obvious to the reader why John left the house.

.

Noticing the cologne and perfume was good, but I think it was described poorly. Rusty would likely have described it as an overwhelming, repulsive stench rather than an artificial pheromone. You described Paul's scent after his coupling with Jane, but you should also have made reference to it before their mating. In fact, foreshadowing with a reference to John and Jane's mating would have been good. Olfactory is their thang, and would probably have been better than relating the act to the noises they make. I could go on about the noises and dominance and submission, but I think you get the idea.

.

I also like that the sentence structure came off as simple, as a dog might express things. I thought the "pine tree event" thing was a little too cute. I see what you were trying to do, but it drew me out of the story. Having done it, though, I love that you put "pine tree event" in the story tags. It's a unique phrase that people are going to remember and that they can use it to find the story again through the tags.

.

Rusty would have been itchy after the big snip.

.

I think you broke your promise with this story. As I've alluded earlier, Rusty didn't experience any arc -- he didn't suffer enough and experienced no character growth. Rusty had no goals throughout the story and made no decisions. He wasn't part of his own story and was just along for the ride, recounting events as he saw them unfold around him. Rusty's "big lie" was that he believed that Jane was a suitable alpha female for his pack. Rusty's "need" was to be shown the truth.

.

Even a dog can instigate action. There was something going on between John and Jane that Rusty would have perceived; the status quo had been upset: the inciting incident. Rusty could have taken a larger role with regards to Paul, like snapping at him when John wasn't there or, better yet, taking hold of Paul's trouser leg and pulling him away from Jane. Rusty could have been barking his ass off outside the bedroom window to establish his role in the story as the protector. Rusty could also have been challenging Paul on the street by barking and snapping at him before John belted him one. Or maybe have Rusty as the reason that John figured out who banged his unfaithful wife. Having said that, I liked that you had Rusty barking alongside his leader like a true pack animal.

.

Jane is a terrible person. John is away for only a couple of days and she's not only already mating around, but with a man she met only once before. You should have conveyed her bad character through Rusty. Because Jane mated outside the pack maybe her status would have changed; this should have been reflected in the way Rusty viewed Jane from that time forward, and would have been very rewarding for the reader.

.

One of my pet peeves about the Loving Wives category is that it seems to have become a dumping ground for every cheating wives story. Yours is such a story. I don't believe that it qualifies as a Loving Wives story because it doesn't actually contain a depiction of extramarital sex. You allude to it, but it wasn't erotic in any way. "My wife cheated on me" is neither erotic nor arousing. Nor do I believe that it could be erotic as told from the perspective of a dog. Probably the best category for this story would have been Non-Erotic. I seldom visit Non-Erotic so I likely wouldn't have seen it there, though. I always give only one star to non-erotic cheating wives stories posted here, so it's a testament to your creativity that I gave you five.

.

I found the ending of the story to be satisfying, but I was left wondering whose litter Jane was going to bear. If Paul's then Rusty, for example, could have said that the new member of that pack had a smell reminiscent of Paul. If that were the case it would have been very satisfying to have Rusty growl at the little bastard.

.

I really did enjoy this story immensely and I hope you find these comments helpful. Thank you for publishing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Well written, and for those who hate the 'cuckolding' I no longer consider being the spouse of a cheater makes you a cuckold. In my mind you are only a cuckold if you allow it.

toy4LadyandDon2toy4LadyandDon2over 2 years ago

fun read from a dog's perspective......

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Had to give you 5* for the humor and originality - nicely done!

Prince020402Prince020402over 2 years ago

Was smiling the whole way. Thanks - very clever.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

A more intelligent view funny goings on.

VeritasCustodesVeritasCustodesover 2 years ago

Soooo freaking good. Such imagination props

.

VeritasCustodesVeritasCustodesover 2 years ago

i love the different pov. So refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An interesting idea, especially if you are into dogs and pets, I guess. Kind of curious, but that's all. If the dog saw Paul come over just the one time when John was not home then when and why did Jane become Paul's slut? And how did John find out? Those questions are why your story is kind of quaint or curious, but not very satisfying. I suspects the positive comments and ratings are coming from dogs.

Thanks for the effort.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 2 years ago

Very interesting. I loved it.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

That was unexpectedly fun and different. I think at my age I put the highest value on originality (as long as the form and content are still sound). Nice job. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a fresh change seen thru the eyes of our best buddies . More please.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 2 years ago

Re:*1!!!!

Yer a fuckin moron. This is the category for any and every instance of wives fucking around. Go drown yourself.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 2 years ago

A different angle. Interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"... and that's why the Lady is a Tramp!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too Bad that Rusty will not be able to father anymore pups!

5

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

You ask "Why did Rusty not know this or that of what happened between John and Jane with Paul? It's simple. They left Rusty out of what was going on ... go figure ! Nice POV story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@PolyLvr. If anybody needs drowning, it's a cuck like you. The world wouldn't miss you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL- It's different, but why all that fawning over a mediocre story? I guess the reader's are so tired of the usual cuckold tale, a newer type of cuckold tale is more refreshing? Comments, as always are hilarious.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

Everyone likes a good dog story.

midmomimmimidmomimmiover 2 years ago

Great story and well written! You do need an editor though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ANNNND that's life. In a dogs view. And having many dogs in my life, I say thanks. For the dogs view. Always wondered why my dog would give me the look..

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

definitely a different take. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cute story. Not that many typos. Also John & Paul? Where is George & Ringo?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The plural of dog is “dogs”. The possessive of dog is “dog’s”, as in “fill the dog’s bowl”. The possessive of dogs (plural) is “dogs’ “, as in “We have a pair of dogs, and the dogs’ kennel is in the back yard”. Basic grade school English usage.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting perspective. First time John left was due to a death in the family. Second time was a business trip when his wife was screwing Paul. Somehow John found out, they had a fight, he knocked out Paul, and John and Jane reconciled. Oh vey.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I am a sucker for dog stories. This one is a riot.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy10 months ago

Great idea and very well executed

were_wolfwere_wolf9 months ago

Great story, I like that it comes from a dogs point of view.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This belongs on some humane society website...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDextera@Dextera
Update 2024/02 Sorry I have been away for a while. Just submitted a very short 750 word story. Not a loving wife tale either but I hope you enjoy it any. Budding author, dipping my toes in the waves of the Internet's horny citizens. I tend to write short stories in between re...